Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Israel/Hamas ceasefire 18:08 - May 6 with 23580 viewsjohnlangy

Just saw this headline 'Hamas announces it has accepted a ceasefire proposal to halt war with Israel'.

True ?
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 12:41 - Jun 13 with 684 viewsjackrmee

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 13:06 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

Not forgetting 9/11,and that wasn’t Israel’s doing ,as they tend not to simply slaughter people indescriminatelyround the world.
Allah has blood on his/ her/ it’s hands

That’s like saying Jesus has blood on his hands because of the KKK

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 12:44 - Jun 13 with 673 viewssons_of_omri

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:33 - Jun 13 by onehunglow

Maybe,you should think first before posting such .
It’s nonsense to you,sense to others
An atheist that doesn’t believe religions are not made up!
Israel,does provide a focus for people like you though .
If Israel wasn’t there,you’d have to invent it
Rayner is a long term,well respected poster whereas you are an offensive ingenue .
Wind yer neck in .

Ah but what I said was true. And when it comes to being outright offensive try reading your own posts!

Your second sentence - could you translate as there’s more double negatives than in a Greek tragedy.

Thirdly - If Israel as a cuckold state didn’t exist we wouldn’t be having this discussion- because there wouldn’t be any terrorism. It’s all cause and effect.

Or maybe you think 9-11 would have happened anyway?
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 12:49 - Jun 13 with 671 viewssons_of_omri

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:35 - Jun 13 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The first terrorists of the 20th century?

The WPSU were self proclaimed terrorists decades before that.

Ooh they were terrifying weren’t they! Don’t get your bloomers in a twist emeline ! If you’re comparing the suffragettes to the stern gang and Urgun then it perfectly explains your mentality. You maybe should have said the IRA but my point still remains - those boys kicked the whole Middle East terrorism campaign off.
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 12:53 - Jun 13 with 660 viewssons_of_omri

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:38 - Jun 13 by onehunglow

It might be a bastardisation of Yossa or simply a subtle racist dig as Yossi is a Hebrew version of Joseph

Racist? To white people? Can you run that by me again? Jews aren’t a race, they are a religious group. It’s people like you turning them into a race that’s half the problem.
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 13:33 - Jun 13 with 654 viewsonehunglow

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 12:41 - Jun 13 by jackrmee

Jesus did have blood on his hands

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 14:05 - Jun 13 with 639 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 12:41 - Jun 13 by jackrmee

Red wine on his hands surely?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 14:07 - Jun 13 with 637 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 12:49 - Jun 13 by sons_of_omri

Ooh they were terrifying weren’t they! Don’t get your bloomers in a twist emeline ! If you’re comparing the suffragettes to the stern gang and Urgun then it perfectly explains your mentality. You maybe should have said the IRA but my point still remains - those boys kicked the whole Middle East terrorism campaign off.

They happily set lots of things on fire, used bombs and violently assaulted people. Their body count is nowhere near the groups you mention or Hamas of course they are in a different league when it comes to scumbaggery but they certainly were a terrorist group and proudly so.

Israel/Hamas ceasefire (n/t) on 14:52 - Jun 13 with 616 viewsBoundy

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 12:40 - Jun 13 by jackrmee

Israel have said they would not stop the assault if the hostages were released

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Israel/Hamas ceasefire (n/t) on 14:54 - Jun 13 with 615 viewsBoundy

Israel/Hamas ceasefire (n/t) on 14:52 - Jun 13 by Boundy

and Hamas are determined to destroy Israel so who's going to win. No one my guess.

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:50 - Jun 13 with 596 viewsSullutaCreturned

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 09:24 - Jun 13 by sons_of_omri

“All religions are made up “ - well you’re definitely one of them then!

I argue against the state of Israel because, as most Orthodox Jews of the diaspora will tell you the last remaining Jews were exiled for the 3rd (and last time according to those people) in AD 70.

As atheist I find your view on Christianity - in particular your assertion that it was apocalyptic Jews who inaugurated it a little off piste. The only apocalyptic Jews were those Asseans who lived as a community in Qmran (where the Dead Sea scrolls were found).

The Apostles were in no way apocalyptic - their first task (from Christ himself) was to preach to the Jews to lead them away from their Oral Tradition (Talmud) as it was leading them astray from the true and pure Mosaic faith (see Matthew 23). (Of course the Apocalypse (Revelation) of John was written later AD90 after his vision in a cave in Patmos where he was being held prisoner by the Roman authorities).

Although many thousands of Jews accepted the reformed Judaic religion (known as Christianity a term coined in Antioch for the followers of Jesus) unfortunately a remnant did not and not only carried on with Talmudic practices and belief but actually rewrote the Old Testament (Masoretic texts) which distorted a lot of messianic references which had existed in the original Hebrew then Greek translated Old Testament (Septuagint).

The descendants of these are the modern day Jews . Along the way Kabbalah was also incorporated into their belief system along with gematria which are considered witchcraft by Jews who don’t adhere to them.

But all this has to hinge on the belief that Christ was God incarnate- a belief that even some “Christians” have difficulty with today.

Just so that one hung low and other haters of Islam try to paint me as some sort of sympathizer I truly believe that Islam is definitely made up , has no tradition or roots from Torah and therefore cannot claim to be an Abrahamic faith. Like I said earlier if the Surahs ATS closely examined the correspond directly to Jewish apocrypha and other folklore and also borrow from the pre existing Arabic paganism.

Well I'm not a religion and nor am I religious, I definitely exist too or we could get into metaphysics and Solipsism.

Jesus is considered an apocalyptic prophet,

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/01461079231191560

But then, religion, like everything else, is all about opinions and we all choose what we want to believe.

Copied and pasted...

Jewish apocalypticism was a very common view in Jesus’ day – it was the view of the Essenes who wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls, of the Pharisees, of John the Baptist, later of the Apostle Paul – and almost certainly of Jesus.

Cleverer people than I believe Jesus to be apocalyptic,

https://vridar.org/2020/12/01/why-scholars-came-to-think-of-jesus-as-an-apocalyp

So tell me, are you a scholar, do you study religion? My personal experience of religion was enough to turn me off it and I don't need to study it to know that religion has always caused problems, wars, acts of terror and torturing of innocent people in the name of a god.
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:54 - Jun 13 with 595 viewsonehunglow

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:50 - Jun 13 by SullutaCreturned

Well I'm not a religion and nor am I religious, I definitely exist too or we could get into metaphysics and Solipsism.

But then, religion, like everything else, is all about opinions and we all choose what we want to believe.

Copied and pasted...

Jewish apocalypticism was a very common view in Jesus’ day – it was the view of the Essenes who wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls, of the Pharisees, of John the Baptist, later of the Apostle Paul – and almost certainly of Jesus.

https://vridar.org/2020/12/01/why-scholars-came-to-think-of-jesus-as-an-apocalyp

So tell me, are you a scholar, do you study religion? My personal experience of religion was enough to turn me off it and I don't need to study it to know that religion has always caused problems, wars, acts of terror and torturing of innocent people in the name of a god.

Sorry Cat but

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 18:14 - Jun 13 with 553 viewscontroversial_jack

There are still some on here that support these demons

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/6/13/israels-war-on-gaza-live-who-c
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 23:20 - Jun 13 with 521 viewssons_of_omri

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 12:40 - Jun 13 by jackrmee

Israel have said they would not stop the assault if the hostages were released

They already gave themselves away when Hamas offered all of them to return as long as the ground invasion didn’t happen. They prefer to bomb hospitals and children instead and risk killing their own hostages in the process. Isn’t it called the Samson option or something?
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 23:48 - Jun 13 with 492 viewssons_of_omri

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:50 - Jun 13 by SullutaCreturned

Copied and pasted...

Free will is the reason people commit the most horrendous crimes against each other for reasons of Greed, Envy, Hatred and so many more reasons. But if you are truly religious you won’t murder, steal or lie because that’s what we are commanded to do. You can’t look at other people and say to yourself “if there was a God this wouldn’t happen”. That smacks of post reformation atheism which is probably the biggest “faith” in the UK right now.

I personally believe Christianity was undermined by the Papacy through its own heresy and pride. Rome took a wrong turn and the reformation drove up many thousands of blind alleys trying to turn back.

Yes I read a lot about religion and have experienced a lot too - not in the “mentally deluded” style of the charismatics. I believe the divine works in much more subtle ways in the individual who wishes to co-operate.

I have looked into the modern Judaic religion and just as the likes of OHL claim that Israel belongs to them his ignorance won’t allow him to read scripture and realise that they were booted out for a reason. Baal worship in the book of Kings , the Babylonian Talmud being refuted by Christ himself , the practice of ursury - many many transgressions and the last one was the greatest - the Crucifixion of Christ and the rejecting of the correct path he was trying to guide them to.

OHL and others have accused me of supporting Hamas and maybe think I’m sympathetic towards Islam. That could not be further from the truth. I have a dog in this fight and its family whom were booted out of Constantinople in the 1920 pogrom. At least they survived and got to Haifa - a million and a half Armenians and 900,000 Pontic Greeks weren’t so lucky. Even that aside I can’t reconcile Islam as a religion. It’s an ideology of power over other people masquerading as religion. But it has ripped off Arianism and Jewish apocrypha and has no route to salvation bar Jihad. In fact you can be the best and most peaceful Muslim ever, do good deeds and you can still go to hell. Likewise a bad Muslim can go to heaven. Allah it seems is completely arbitrary.

I’ve read many stories of Muslims in Gaza having visitations by Christ in dreams and concerning to Christianity. I hope this becomes a fast growing and irreversible trend.
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:00 - Jun 14 with 452 viewsjackrmee

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 16:15 - May 24 by SullutaCreturned

And Wahhabism is a part of Islam. In fact it's a movement inside the Sunni sect and primarily followed is Saudi and Qatar.

Historically Islam has sought to undermine other religions and take over as much by stealth as by force. Jave you ever hear of the janissaries?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janissary

They'd take a region by force but allow other religions to remain but take the oldest son into the janissaries. They slowly but surely bred out other religions. There are people who believe this stealth takeover is still happening today.

From the Qu'ran,

(9:5) And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent and observe Prayer and pay the Zakat, then leave their way free. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.

Extrenist Islamists use this verse to justify Jihad and Islamophobes use it to attack Muslims.

“ And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent and observe Prayer and pay the Zakat, then leave their way free. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.”

To me that smacks of a bible story.
When God said to kill all who worship idols and statues.
It’s basically the exact same story.

Nothing here that taints Islam.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:09 - Jun 14 with 447 viewsonehunglow

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 10:00 - Jun 14 by jackrmee

“ And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent and observe Prayer and pay the Zakat, then leave their way free. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.”

To me that smacks of a bible story.
When God said to kill all who worship idols and statues.
It’s basically the exact same story.

Nothing here that taints Islam.

As one who suffered religious indoctrination ,Welsh style,Gid didn’t seem to be hat welcoming or forgiving as much of the time,he seemed angry .

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 14:20 - Jun 14 with 416 viewsBoundy

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 18:14 - Jun 13 by controversial_jack

There are still some on here that support these demons

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/6/13/israels-war-on-gaza-live-who-c

O yeah baby

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:07 - Jun 14 with 404 viewsSullutaCreturned

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 23:48 - Jun 13 by sons_of_omri

Free will is the reason people commit the most horrendous crimes against each other for reasons of Greed, Envy, Hatred and so many more reasons. But if you are truly religious you won’t murder, steal or lie because that’s what we are commanded to do. You can’t look at other people and say to yourself “if there was a God this wouldn’t happen”. That smacks of post reformation atheism which is probably the biggest “faith” in the UK right now.

I personally believe Christianity was undermined by the Papacy through its own heresy and pride. Rome took a wrong turn and the reformation drove up many thousands of blind alleys trying to turn back.

Yes I read a lot about religion and have experienced a lot too - not in the “mentally deluded” style of the charismatics. I believe the divine works in much more subtle ways in the individual who wishes to co-operate.

I have looked into the modern Judaic religion and just as the likes of OHL claim that Israel belongs to them his ignorance won’t allow him to read scripture and realise that they were booted out for a reason. Baal worship in the book of Kings , the Babylonian Talmud being refuted by Christ himself , the practice of ursury - many many transgressions and the last one was the greatest - the Crucifixion of Christ and the rejecting of the correct path he was trying to guide them to.

OHL and others have accused me of supporting Hamas and maybe think I’m sympathetic towards Islam. That could not be further from the truth. I have a dog in this fight and its family whom were booted out of Constantinople in the 1920 pogrom. At least they survived and got to Haifa - a million and a half Armenians and 900,000 Pontic Greeks weren’t so lucky. Even that aside I can’t reconcile Islam as a religion. It’s an ideology of power over other people masquerading as religion. But it has ripped off Arianism and Jewish apocrypha and has no route to salvation bar Jihad. In fact you can be the best and most peaceful Muslim ever, do good deeds and you can still go to hell. Likewise a bad Muslim can go to heaven. Allah it seems is completely arbitrary.

I’ve read many stories of Muslims in Gaza having visitations by Christ in dreams and concerning to Christianity. I hope this becomes a fast growing and irreversible trend.

Not only ALlah is arbritrary! My mother in laws vicar told her you shouldn't take the bible leterally because it had beeen re-written so many times, that's hardly faith!

The Bible is full of contraditions, specially the Roamn catholic idea that a rapist, murderer or pedophilecan go to heaven if they repent yet a decent person who does no wrong but does not go to church is destined for hell.
Some religious people I knew, including my own mother were the biggest liars and hypicrites you could hope to never meet. Priests and nuns who abused children. Sickening.

Free will was what god gave us when he abandoned us, if you believe anyway.
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 16:15 - Jun 14 with 393 viewsonehunglow

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:07 - Jun 14 by SullutaCreturned

Not only ALlah is arbritrary! My mother in laws vicar told her you shouldn't take the bible leterally because it had beeen re-written so many times, that's hardly faith!

The Bible is full of contraditions, specially the Roamn catholic idea that a rapist, murderer or pedophilecan go to heaven if they repent yet a decent person who does no wrong but does not go to church is destined for hell.
Some religious people I knew, including my own mother were the biggest liars and hypicrites you could hope to never meet. Priests and nuns who abused children. Sickening.

The Word.
Religions use parts of the Bible to create their faith.
JWs take it literally,hence the no blood pollution thing
The Mormons have their own and it’s a cracking read
The book of Alma
The Tablets in NY
The great trek to Utah
Brilliant
Cracking missionaries too.
I always invite them in but they seem not to want to stay that long and engage with me
I don’t even get telephone calls now
Is it me
Am I a jerk?
Do I need to be saved ?
A wretch like me

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 23:34 - Jun 14 with 366 viewssons_of_omri

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:07 - Jun 14 by SullutaCreturned

Well that’s true regarding the Mazoretic texts. Literally rewritten.
For the most part the Roman Catholic and Orthodox bibles are accurate as the Greeks still use the New Testament in their own language.

That vicar may have been arbitrary but the Almighty ? C of E has completely deviated from Orthodox interpretation and has been trying to keep up with trends rather than be faithful to the Gospel.

Confession is very different in the Roman and Eastern Christianity- Roman is more punitive where as the Eastern is a more therapeutic approach. I’m not sure if what you say happens in the Roman Church - do you know if that’s definitely the case?
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:40 - Jun 15 with 306 viewsSullutaCreturned

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 23:34 - Jun 14 by sons_of_omri

Well that’s true regarding the Mazoretic texts. Literally rewritten.
For the most part the Roman Catholic and Orthodox bibles are accurate as the Greeks still use the New Testament in their own language.

That vicar may have been arbitrary but the Almighty ? C of E has completely deviated from Orthodox interpretation and has been trying to keep up with trends rather than be faithful to the Gospel.

Confession is very different in the Roman and Eastern Christianity- Roman is more punitive where as the Eastern is a more therapeutic approach. I’m not sure if what you say happens in the Roman Church - do you know if that’s definitely the case?

It doesn't matter to me. All these religins have something in common, their holy books were written by human people. They weren't magically produced in some miracle, they didn't drop out of the sky. A holy believer of some kind wrote them down and they were produced to the uneducated, ignorant masses as proof of god, whichever god you choose to believe.

it's the greatest scam of all time and across the world billions fall for it.

We are told to believe in (fill in name) and told they are the only true god, we are told they 100% exist and to not believe will see us sent to whichever version of hell or bad place they have. They tell us to put our faith AND our money into that religion and then that god will help us. They tell us that god or his minions have talked to people throughout history yet anybody who claims to have seen or spoken to god is declared insane, which thy mainly are. David Icke, Koresh etc. Yet others are accepted if ridiculed by many like Jehovah's witnesses and their "parousia"
Theytell us to accept god purely on faith, faith thatthey are being honest...yeah right. Humanity are massive liars and decievers. It's what we do. It's getting worse too and we are on the road to self annihilation purely because we are greedy and selfish.

What would true enlightenment look like? It may start with people understanding that unless we start looking after the world we live on, eventually it will turn inhospitable and life everywhere will become unbearable though of course there's the possibility that some lunatic leader will press the nuclear button and do the job very quickly!

If there really was a god then why would they allow this? Or maybe this world is one of the levels of hell?
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:45 - Jun 15 with 305 viewsonehunglow

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:40 - Jun 15 by SullutaCreturned

It doesn't matter to me. All these religins have something in common, their holy books were written by human people. They weren't magically produced in some miracle, they didn't drop out of the sky. A holy believer of some kind wrote them down and they were produced to the uneducated, ignorant masses as proof of god, whichever god you choose to believe.

We are told to believe in (fill in name) and told they are the only true god, we are told they 100% exist and to not believe will see us sent to whichever version of hell or bad place they have. They tell us to put our faith AND our money into that religion and then that god will help us. They tell us that god or his minions have talked to people throughout history yet anybody who claims to have seen or spoken to god is declared insane, which thy mainly are. David Icke, Koresh etc. Yet others are accepted if ridiculed by many like Jehovah's witnesses and their "parousia"
Theytell us to accept god purely on faith, faith thatthey are being honest...yeah right. Humanity are massive liars and decievers. It's what we do. It's getting worse too and we are on the road to self annihilation purely because we are greedy and selfish.

What would true enlightenment look like? It may start with people understanding that unless we start looking after the world we live on, eventually it will turn inhospitable and life everywhere will become unbearable though of course there's the possibility that some lunatic leader will press the nuclear button and do the job very quickly!

If there really was a god then why would they allow this? Or maybe this world is one of the levels of hell?

“ Suffer little children to come into me”
Yikes

No religion should be “ respected”. adherents absolutely but what they believe is simply just that,what they believe .

I might believe Frogs are deities

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 17:07 - Jun 15 with 296 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:40 - Jun 15 by SullutaCreturned

If civilisation collapsed and we reverted back to the Stone Age, all books all knowledge destroyed. Within a few thousand years we’d have holy books again but they’d be completely different, there’d be different gods, different rules.

But science books would come back exactly the same. Word for word. Just in a different language:

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 17:29 - Jun 15 with 277 viewsSullutaCreturned

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 15:45 - Jun 15 by onehunglow

“ Suffer little children to come into me”
Yikes

No religion should be “ respected”. adherents absolutely but what they believe is simply just that,what they believe .

I might believe Frogs are deities

Well they're certainly not for eating
Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 17:43 - Jun 15 with 268 viewsonehunglow

Israel/Hamas ceasefire on 17:29 - Jun 15 by SullutaCreturned

Well they're certainly not for eating

Tap in

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024