Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col 17:50 - Nov 28 with 33129 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59059
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 14:16 - Nov 29 with 4532 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 12:40 - Nov 29 by hubble

Fantastic write up Clive, the Stoke approach was another eye-opener I wasn't aware of.

I think our very own Lyndon Dykes summed it up well (apparently) in his latest instagram post...

I am very interested to hear from our players today (maybe after the friendly) or when they address the media.SJ said the players were so thrilled when MB announced he was staying they tried to give him a round of applause but he left the room too quickly .
Some body made an excellent point online ,they are all pros and will play for their jobs but some players are motivated to play harder for certain managers .
Will there be a hangover or fresh start hopefully the latter.
James Alcott made a great statement "QPR was not pretty enough for Beal " so fcuk him let him head off .I added that bit
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 14:57 - Nov 29 with 4383 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 13:18 - Nov 29 by ngbqpr

LFW posters! Are we "all-in?" Yes? Great, can I put something to the vote...all in (see what I did there?) the interests of integrity and loyalty, you understand?

When Clive writes a. feature or report, can we decided collectively whether the subsequent debate / feedback takes place in the comments section under the. article itself; or in the comments section of the thread which flags up said article.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter.

Probably better here Nick as I don't think you can quote another poster on those comments under the write up?

Like I am doing here
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 15:03 - Nov 29 with 4368 viewsrobith

At the Wigan game after he stayed, some guy in the crowd called us all c**ts for not singing his name enough for the whole game. Thinking of him today
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 15:16 - Nov 29 with 4324 viewsEastR

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 15:03 - Nov 29 by robith

At the Wigan game after he stayed, some guy in the crowd called us all c**ts for not singing his name enough for the whole game. Thinking of him today

Beale Snr has got a bit of a mouth on him

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 17:08 - Nov 29 with 4026 viewsSakura

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 12:03 - Nov 29 by kensalriser

He's just another narcissist, isn't he. Loves to hold court and show everyone how smart he is. Time will tell whether his ambition outweighs his abilities but as I'm fond of saying whenever we're praising or criticising what the manager's saying - ignore the words, watch the actions.

It really is the narcissist point.

The main markers of a grandiose narcissist are:
- High self esteem
- a sense of personal superiority and entitlement
- overconfidence
- a willingness to exploit others for personal gain

We are better off rid

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7427600/

-
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 18:39 - Nov 29 with 3836 viewsCiderwithRsie

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 11:12 - Nov 29 by R_from_afar

It's a bit like Lieutenant John Chard or Gonville Bromhead (name!) standing on the highest roof at Rorke's Drift and saying to the 3000 Zulu warriors besieging the mission station: "Gentlemen, can we just say that we sincerely appreciate your interest in the British empire. If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, please telegram your contact details to the British consulate. I thank you. Any questions?"

Are you suggesting he should have put out an Insta of himself singing Men of Harlech? Risky on the day of an England-Wales game.
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 18:42 - Nov 29 with 3824 viewscolinallcars

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 22:47 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Fcking Holy Island, we never get a result there. Know a good pub though.

Holy Island were a good side then. Had Garry Monk as manager.
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 18:47 - Nov 29 with 3810 viewsCiderwithRsie

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 12:17 - Nov 29 by Wilkinswatercarrier

And this is why I think the form dropped off a cliff. The players were clearly affected, the lack of energy and desire was pretty evident, and I know we had injuries but it was such a marked difference to pre wolves.
He knew he was going, the coaches he's taken would have known, and so did the players.

That's plausible enough (though there are other explanations along the lines of some of them not being very good.)

Sort of crossing my fingers that you are right and a new manager can get them back on their feet.
Login to get fewer ads

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 19:36 - Nov 29 with 3746 viewsderbyhoop

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 09:55 - Nov 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

The problem with our current set-up is the naivety of those running it. A DoF 'learning on the job' and a puppet chairman. Beale, like Warburton, clearly recognised this and I imagine it was a significant factor in his decision to bail. In Ferdinand's head, you set up a youth system and automatically you're bringing players through like the Class of 92 every couple of seasons. The reality is what Warburton and Beale both saw.

I don't accept the DOF is learning on the job. After 8 years you'd think he'd learned most of what is needed.
In the Summer, Beale looked a really good choice. Hoos and Les weren't the only ones who fell for his BS.
Meanwhile Heston is being used. The U21s aren't great but the U18s seem to be improving.
Scouting & recruitment have improved.
So Sir Les has credit in the bank.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 08:20 - Nov 30 with 3216 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 18:47 - Nov 29 by CiderwithRsie

That's plausible enough (though there are other explanations along the lines of some of them not being very good.)

Sort of crossing my fingers that you are right and a new manager can get them back on their feet.

Said it before but will say again "pre Wolves"?????

Even IF players had no idea before the Cardiff game, unlikely, they won that one and the next and drew at Norwich, all POST "Wolves".
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 08:51 - Nov 30 with 3164 viewsKingstan

Thanks Clive, your excellent article has calmed me down somewhat. What an absolute tart Mick Beale is, all fur coat and no knickers!
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 09:20 - Nov 30 with 3108 viewsJordanFoster

Incredible piece Clive, probably my favourite yet but that might be more to do with the topic.

After being as riled up as anyone following his b*llocks claims about loyalty and never being the first of the ship, just hope the club can get the next appointment right. Although it's looking far less appealing than the summer with that FFP issue looming.

That being said, I can't help in some weird way, feel fairly impressed with Beale's self-promotion. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in football before.

A bloke with no playing career, who started by running a futsal school out of a church hall, managed just 22 professional games (not even half a season) with a win rate of 43% has managed to talk himself into a pretty huge job, whilst turning down a Premier League club in the process.

He's build a brand and reputation so big that the Rangers board have gone from modern icons in Steven Gerrard to Giovanni van Bronckhorst and now Mick bloody Beale.

I mean if all goes to pot in Glasgow, this guy needs to be giving seminars on self-promotion and branding. His active Instagram account, immaculately timed posts, the absolute wealth of interviews and podcasts he's done. As Clive said, it's widely accepted that he was the reason Rangers went unbeaten, he even 'rejected' Aston Villa out of respect, putting his name immediately in the post-mortem. He's a genius.
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 10:03 - Nov 30 with 3011 viewsTheChef

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 09:20 - Nov 30 by JordanFoster

Incredible piece Clive, probably my favourite yet but that might be more to do with the topic.

After being as riled up as anyone following his b*llocks claims about loyalty and never being the first of the ship, just hope the club can get the next appointment right. Although it's looking far less appealing than the summer with that FFP issue looming.

That being said, I can't help in some weird way, feel fairly impressed with Beale's self-promotion. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in football before.

A bloke with no playing career, who started by running a futsal school out of a church hall, managed just 22 professional games (not even half a season) with a win rate of 43% has managed to talk himself into a pretty huge job, whilst turning down a Premier League club in the process.

He's build a brand and reputation so big that the Rangers board have gone from modern icons in Steven Gerrard to Giovanni van Bronckhorst and now Mick bloody Beale.

I mean if all goes to pot in Glasgow, this guy needs to be giving seminars on self-promotion and branding. His active Instagram account, immaculately timed posts, the absolute wealth of interviews and podcasts he's done. As Clive said, it's widely accepted that he was the reason Rangers went unbeaten, he even 'rejected' Aston Villa out of respect, putting his name immediately in the post-mortem. He's a genius.

Chutzpah on a huge scale.

Good fkin luck Micky.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 10:52 - Nov 30 with 2890 viewsstainrods_elbow

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 09:20 - Nov 30 by JordanFoster

Wow, just wow! Clive should award you a prize for the Most Cynical Poster of The Year. (I suggest Beale's mole in a jar would suit.)

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 11:01 - Nov 30 with 2872 viewsridethewave

This from a recent interview with Beale after taking the GR job.

"It's fair to say it's been a whirlwind since I left Steven and stepped out on my own. Things have moved really, really quickly. We had to remind ourselves that Rangers were the Europa League finalists five or six months ago and a manager, in his first year, that knows the club and knows the players was asked to come back. That's very unique, the size of this club. It's not a financial decision, there were other opportunities that were financially bigger, this is a football decision and also a decision for my personal life. My family are very happy and comfortable here in Glasgow. Everything's come together and what's important now is that I get on with this job.

What I can say to the QPR fans is the club is moving in the right way, they have good owners who are running the club very, very well. Very financially stable and making good decisions behind the scenes. In Les Ferdinand, they've got someone that's driving it behind the scenes every day and I think it's got a very, very good squad. I think the right manager going in there has every opportunity to take them where they want to go. All I can say is thank you to everybody. I know that I've disappointed a few, but it's never as simple as people think it is. The opportunities that have been presented to me recently were very difficult to turn down. This one was impossible to turn down."

So, sounds like he was courting multiple offers/opportunities in the run up to this, and in fact he seems to have spent most of his time with us doing pursuing other options. He makes reference to a number of opportunities post-Wolves, so it is no wonder results have turned downwards given it appears his focus was on all of this!

What a rat.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 11:28]
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 13:48 - Nov 30 with 2594 viewsSimonJames

My biggest concern now is that he tries to recruit some of our key players.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 13:53 - Nov 30 with 2590 viewssparkey

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 13:48 - Nov 30 by SimonJames

My biggest concern now is that he tries to recruit some of our key players.

Would be surprised if our board would allow Beale to take players. I am assuming they're as annoyed (if not more) than we are.

Plus, can Rangers afford £15m for Willock?
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 14:13 - Nov 30 with 2512 viewsstainrods_elbow

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 17:08 - Nov 29 by Sakura

It really is the narcissist point.

The main markers of a grandiose narcissist are:
- High self esteem
- a sense of personal superiority and entitlement
- overconfidence
- a willingness to exploit others for personal gain

We are better off rid

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7427600/

-

Also, marked seductivness/plausibility, as in psychopaths.

Maybe his interviewers at QPR need further psychiatric training going forwards; at the very least, it would be refreshingly counter-cultural if Hoos, Les or Amit had the balls and humiltiy to issue a statement telling us what they've learned as a result of their fingers getting burned. Won't happen, of course. However, if Clive is right and there were signs of restlessness after only 5 games, it beggars belief there weren't intimations of same at interview.

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 14:16 - Nov 30 with 2505 viewsstainrods_elbow

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 11:01 - Nov 30 by ridethewave

This from a recent interview with Beale after taking the GR job.

"It's fair to say it's been a whirlwind since I left Steven and stepped out on my own. Things have moved really, really quickly. We had to remind ourselves that Rangers were the Europa League finalists five or six months ago and a manager, in his first year, that knows the club and knows the players was asked to come back. That's very unique, the size of this club. It's not a financial decision, there were other opportunities that were financially bigger, this is a football decision and also a decision for my personal life. My family are very happy and comfortable here in Glasgow. Everything's come together and what's important now is that I get on with this job.

What I can say to the QPR fans is the club is moving in the right way, they have good owners who are running the club very, very well. Very financially stable and making good decisions behind the scenes. In Les Ferdinand, they've got someone that's driving it behind the scenes every day and I think it's got a very, very good squad. I think the right manager going in there has every opportunity to take them where they want to go. All I can say is thank you to everybody. I know that I've disappointed a few, but it's never as simple as people think it is. The opportunities that have been presented to me recently were very difficult to turn down. This one was impossible to turn down."

So, sounds like he was courting multiple offers/opportunities in the run up to this, and in fact he seems to have spent most of his time with us doing pursuing other options. He makes reference to a number of opportunities post-Wolves, so it is no wonder results have turned downwards given it appears his focus was on all of this!

What a rat.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 11:28]

My question to the club is: if all this was going on behind the scenes, why the hell were we not taking disciplinary action against him? Have they no pride (or shame)?

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 15:07 - Nov 30 with 2419 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 14:16 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

My question to the club is: if all this was going on behind the scenes, why the hell were we not taking disciplinary action against him? Have they no pride (or shame)?

Good question there stainrods_elbow it sounds like Beale just did what he liked since he walked through the door with zero reprocussions .
How did he get such leverage or control with this being his first big chance its pretty frustrating from our point of view.
A nice soft interview no mention of his loyalty , integrity or " not being the first one to jump ship " questions .
Beale looks like a 2 faced liar but his timing is impecable as usual with the WC taking all the media focus .
Lets hope we can get a few wins right away and put the excitement back we need to start a new chapter
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 15:12 - Nov 30 with 2406 viewsA40Bosh

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 14:16 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

Probably because it was as behind the scenes to the club as it was for us.

Beale was the pitch with the players
His representatives on the phone to potential suitors

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 15:26 - Nov 30 with 2367 viewsswitchingcode

Brilliant article Clive exposing all that’s wrong in football.
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 16:10 - Nov 30 with 2261 viewsQPR_Hibs

Anyone who uses the phrase "very unique" is not as intelligent as they think they are.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 16:16 - Nov 30 with 2218 viewsParkRoyalR

Similar to my post on another thread, I feel he has been the beneficiary of some very fortunate circumstances,

Most telling being that Rangers are in a very dubious financial position and their current owners / directors do not want to invest anymore of their personal money into the club in rebuilding a squad that obviously needs a complete overhaul with so many aging (McGregor, Davis, Arfield) and disaffected and under-performing players (Morelos, Kent etc).

So in those circumstances the owners (and DoF) play it safe and go for a Coach who is well regarded (ignoring the rumours of giving same players too much rope on Glasgow social circuit) by those players having previously worked with them for three years, on basis he might again get a tune out of them and will not demand a £ 20m+ transfer budget from the Board to compete with Celtic.

Similar to benefiting from Van Bronckhorst's fall in stock (those players were already failing under Gerrard + Beale and were saved by the Covid season), Gerrard's 2nd season struggles at Villa, and not being ham-strung with the high wages and questionable attitudes and professionalism of Austin & Gray at ours, I feel Mick Beale has been a short-term beneficiary of circumstances outside of his control or merit.

One thing is for sure, when it goes wrong up there it goes very wrong (and toxic) and his next job could be in Cyprus as was the case for Neil Lennon.

Likewise not sure his renowned Power-Point presentations will be so well received by future employers as trust is important if you are considering investing significant funds in a new Manager and he'll do well to rid himself of the tag of being a mercenary.
Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 17:07 - Nov 30 with 2105 viewsVancouverHoop

Beale elects to take his ‘loyalty and integrity’ elsewhere after all — Col on 13:53 - Nov 30 by sparkey

Would be surprised if our board would allow Beale to take players. I am assuming they're as annoyed (if not more) than we are.

Plus, can Rangers afford £15m for Willock?

I to have wondered too how many players knew about his out of school conversations with other clubs. Also when did they know?

If they did, how did he deal with it? Clearly their play fell off a cliff after the Birmingham loss/trip to Ibrox, so it must have been common knowledge in the dressing room by then. But before that...?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024