Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nile Ranger to Dale! 23:41 - Jan 26 with 50343 viewsoddjob007

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8287721/nile-ranger-rochdale-newcastle-t
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 11:57 - Jan 27 with 3155 viewsShun

I’d be in favour. A very good player at this level, and over a year out of football could well have scared some sense into him. If it’s a contract until the end of the season there’s little risk and both parties benefit.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 11:59 - Jan 27 with 3146 viewsJames1980

He was released early from his last custodial sentence, for good behaviour.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:10 - Jan 27 with 3103 viewsrochdale_ranger

I’d have the Yorkshire ripper or Des Nilsen up front if they could get us goals. We are getting hammered without any reply lately. The fact that we are playing Done in defence is the proverbial elephant in the room for me. We need someone who has got goals in them.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:22 - Jan 27 with 3060 viewsJames1980

Perhaps a poll? Not by me of course.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:28 - Jan 27 with 3024 viewsrochdaleriddler

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:10 - Jan 27 by rochdale_ranger

I’d have the Yorkshire ripper or Des Nilsen up front if they could get us goals. We are getting hammered without any reply lately. The fact that we are playing Done in defence is the proverbial elephant in the room for me. We need someone who has got goals in them.

Is he a relative?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:29 - Jan 27 with 3016 viewsD_Alien

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:22 - Jan 27 by James1980

Perhaps a poll? Not by me of course.

Preferably not - a poll, i mean

If Hill signs him, it's the end of the discussion and i doubt very much those who're expressing their sensibilities about him will remain silent in the stands if he scores match-winning goals

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:46 - Jan 27 with 2961 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 11:45 - Jan 27 by jonahwhereru

To quote Frankie Howard thrice nay!

He has as many entries on his charge sheet as in the goals scored column in his time at Southend. I have liberal views but how many times can you say he has paid for his actions and the slate is clean? He has had his chances but hasn’t learned from them. He is so far removed from the the culture the club has built I cannot see why they would jeopardise that and employ him. If he moved next door to me it would trouble me because trouble follows him around and his doorstep has seen plenty of it.

On a football front saw him once at Southend and he looked unfit, and that was not early in his time there when I saw him. It’s a big no from me.

Fitness would be a real issue.....what's he been doing since he wasacked?

Did n't seem to care about training so he will take ages to get up to steam....no ta!
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:58 - Jan 27 with 2928 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:46 - Jan 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

Fitness would be a real issue.....what's he been doing since he wasacked?

Did n't seem to care about training so he will take ages to get up to steam....no ta!

According to Wikipedia he has 19 league goals in 141 games, that’s slightly below 1 in 7, he is unlikely to be match fit, comes with tons of baggage and history, on and off the field, and his influence with existing players and youth team could be a big negative.

To put the above into context, Calvin Andrew(s) has 38 goals in 346 appearances, around 1 in 9 goals a game and is considered a model pro (excluding the Peter Clark incident) at a similar playing level to ranger.

I really rated ranger when he was at Newcastle with amiobi and Carroll up front, they were quick and direct and so dangerous in the air, but I really hope we don’t sign him, as someone said previously, a toy that’s far too broken!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:59 - Jan 27 with 2924 views49thseason

Needs must when the devil drives, we have 16 games , we need 20+ points and if this guy can grab half a dozen of those points that we otherwise wont get then who are we to argue about his fitness or his previous attitude. We need a stiker, a proper striker, one who can actually score goals from crumbs of chances like Davis did. Indeed had we kept Davis we probably wouldnt be having this debate, yes not fit enough for 90 minutes but lethal enough in that split second that makes the difference. If Ranger can manage half a game now, perhaps an hour in 4 or 5 weeks time he could be what we have been missing for 2 years. Fit, motivated and showing more maturity he kis a 20 goals a season player and probably worth £s and lots of them. If he is hopeless and a bad influence Keith will put him on the bus within days and then use him as an example of how not to be a professional footballer.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:16 - Jan 27 with 2873 viewsDaleFan7

2007 convicted on a robbery charge.
2011 drunk and disorderly charge after being exiled to Newcastle Reserves.
2012 fined for homophobic tweets.
2013 charged with common assault.
2014 fined for criminal damage.
2014 another criminal damage charge and CCTV showing hitting a female.
2016 charged with conspiracy to defraud.

Among other arrests. Why would he be any different now?
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:25 - Jan 27 with 2840 viewsMoonyDale

This got a small segment on Talk Sport this morning, saying this was his last chance of him playing again if he wanted to grab it....For me there's more baggage than we need to be dealing with so it's a no from me.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:26 - Jan 27 with 2833 viewsrichfoad32

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:10 - Jan 27 by rochdale_ranger

A lot of our fans (not saying you personally) were quick to claim the moral high ground and never let Oldham forget about signing Lee Hughes. Ranger might not be in Hughes's league but he still seems a reprehensible character but suddenly it's OK as long as he gets us a few goals?
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:28 - Jan 27 with 2813 viewsjonesy

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:16 - Jan 27 by DaleFan7

Sounds like potential MP material to me!
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:30 - Jan 27 with 2796 viewsrochdaleriddler

According to footy accumulators on Twitter we have offered him a contract

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:32 - Jan 27 with 2786 viewsrochdale_ranger

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:28 - Jan 27 by rochdaleriddler

Is he a relative?

Sutty or Des?
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:32 - Jan 27 with 2784 viewsD_Alien

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:26 - Jan 27 by richfoad32

A lot of our fans (not saying you personally) were quick to claim the moral high ground and never let Oldham forget about signing Lee Hughes. Ranger might not be in Hughes's league but he still seems a reprehensible character but suddenly it's OK as long as he gets us a few goals?

Who has said any of those things (listed by DaleFan7) are ok?

[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 13:34]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:36 - Jan 27 with 2759 viewssweetcorn

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:58 - Jan 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

According to Wikipedia he has 19 league goals in 141 games, that’s slightly below 1 in 7, he is unlikely to be match fit, comes with tons of baggage and history, on and off the field, and his influence with existing players and youth team could be a big negative.

To put the above into context, Calvin Andrew(s) has 38 goals in 346 appearances, around 1 in 9 goals a game and is considered a model pro (excluding the Peter Clark incident) at a similar playing level to ranger.

I really rated ranger when he was at Newcastle with amiobi and Carroll up front, they were quick and direct and so dangerous in the air, but I really hope we don’t sign him, as someone said previously, a toy that’s far too broken!

Aye, that reliable souce wikipedia.. soccerbase has him as 20 goals over 54 games for southend, swindon and blackpool in league one.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:40 - Jan 27 with 2741 viewssweetcorn

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:26 - Jan 27 by richfoad32

I certainly wasn’t one of those.. Ex-convicts not being able to get jobs is part of the problem with crime, they can’t get jobs and turn back to crime.

Im just waiting for someone to pull out the role model argument..

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:47 - Jan 27 with 2713 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 12:29 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

Preferably not - a poll, i mean

If Hill signs him, it's the end of the discussion and i doubt very much those who're expressing their sensibilities about him will remain silent in the stands if he scores match-winning goals

And I bet no one in the end would refuse to go just because he had signed.

Anyway it could be fake news, as it’s in that rag.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:55 - Jan 27 with 2664 viewsTomRAFC

A lot of the arguments don't hold up. Fans don't turn up to cheers most jobs, and learn to idolise day to day members of staff. People were turning against Hendo for rash tackles and red cards last season.

People can be a reformed characters absolutely, but a girlfriend beating money laundering repeat violent offender is a hell of a step beyond.

It's a big ask of the players to welcome him as well. Seen your mum get beaten up when you were a kid? Been robbed or defrauded? Hey, welcome the fellow to the fold.

Would the Dale loving naturally result in me cheering him of he banged it in the top corner, of course. I'd feel a bit grim after. If he didn't play football I don't think anyone would be as quick to defend.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 14:01]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:57 - Jan 27 with 2654 viewsSaxonDale

It’s a gamble but I think the other players Hill brings in will determine the size of the gamble. In terms of pure ability he’s easily good enough for this level, he’s quick, strong and a handful- something that we don’t have enough of. From a purely footballing perspective I’d be happy with this signing if it was in addition to another attacking option. My concern would be if things were to go bad then we could easily see ourselves in the same position as a stages of last season where it looked like if we didn’t have Hendo we didn’t have a chance. At the moment, I’d say we’re starting to get into that pattern again.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:00 - Jan 27 with 2633 viewssweetcorn

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:55 - Jan 27 by TomRAFC

A lot of the arguments don't hold up. Fans don't turn up to cheers most jobs, and learn to idolise day to day members of staff. People were turning against Hendo for rash tackles and red cards last season.

People can be a reformed characters absolutely, but a girlfriend beating money laundering repeat violent offender is a hell of a step beyond.

It's a big ask of the players to welcome him as well. Seen your mum get beaten up when you were a kid? Been robbed or defrauded? Hey, welcome the fellow to the fold.

Would the Dale loving naturally result in me cheering him of he banged it in the top corner, of course. I'd feel a bit grim after. If he didn't play football I don't think anyone would be as quick to defend.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 14:01]

Anyone who idolises footballers are melts..

Anyone who also thinks that because their kid likes a footballer they could act like they do in their personal lives are also melts.

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:06 - Jan 27 with 2601 viewskel

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:00 - Jan 27 by sweetcorn

Anyone who also thinks that because their kid likes a footballer they could act like they do in their personal lives are also melts.

Couldn’t agree more. The same applies to those who also worship ex-footballers, especially those with questionable morals.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 15:05]
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:06 - Jan 27 with 2600 viewsTomRAFC

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:00 - Jan 27 by sweetcorn

Any who dodges a large portion of post to make a comment about melts is also a melt

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:08 - Jan 27 with 2581 viewskel

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:16 - Jan 27 by DaleFan7

There’s a few lurkers on here who would find all of that acceptable but think posting on another football forum is the work of the devil.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024