Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. 18:06 - Jan 11 with 28101 viewsconnell10

Bit early but as its my birthday tomorrow what the hell. I will go for a plucky 1-1 draw. With all the snow forcast tomorrow anyone going to the match please be careful!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:37 - Jan 12 with 2126 viewsDejR_vu

Woah, just seen the score. What a result!

Holloway's win ration is looking pretty good all of a sudden. Hope he can keep this going.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:54]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:46 - Jan 12 with 2065 viewsloneranger1

Can´t say I was there, I was watching on TV and amazed at what I was seeing - how refreshing was that performance?!
Agree with pretty much all of the comments above, particularly impressed with Wsolek´s work rate especially and yes, Furlong did a very tidy job as well.
From TV it looked like every player had a good game, really couldn´t fault anyone. I even thought Luongo looked like he really cared and was properly in the game... a million miles from last Saturday´s rubbish and hopefully we´ve now got the makings of a team we can be proud of....
Hope this 3 league wins on the spin without Ollie having had much of a chance to change the squad now gives him a bit of time (from fans) to set about getting the team as he wants it.
COYRS!!!!!!!!!
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:52 - Jan 12 with 2016 viewsCFW

Great TEAM performance - would not have taken Sylla off as thought he held the ball up very well and was a good target man. Without that the ball keeps coming back. - have to say Reading were bloody awful but should not take away anything from this encouraging performance.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:55 - Jan 12 with 1990 viewsStanisgod

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:31 - Jan 12 by CiderwithRsie

The ratios of shots and shots on target compared to possession are bloody impressive.

Really good use of the possession, which after all is what counts.

Yeah, spot on. Listening to Stam after the game he obviously learnt his trade at old trafford. Kept on about us defending and deep lying etc as though we parked the bus. Total boll#x. No credit to the other team at all. Were all our 17 shots from our own half then ? Dick.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:57 - Jan 12 with 1974 views2Thomas2Bowles

My honest opnion is that we were not great tonight, it's that we have been so poor for years and for once we competed for the whole game with players that wanted it on a very cold thursday night

A massive difference from the past few years, we will get beaten again but I hope we always competed like we did tonight, that's all any of us ask for really ?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:59]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:59 - Jan 12 with 1957 viewsterryb

We were in control for nearly all the game, although I thought we lost a bit of shape after the first substitutiion.

The workrate was tremendous. They all deserve a little bit of a lay in tomorrow morning! The counter attacking, especially down the right, was a joy to watch.

Possibly the easiest match Smithies has had this season as EVERY player in fornt of him did their job & more!

I agree with whoever it was that sugested that it may have been our best performance since the Championship winning season!
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 23:06 - Jan 12 with 1898 viewsFredManRave

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:18 - Jan 12 by Gloucs_R

One of my best mates

Where did you get this from??
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:19]

From the BBC Live text link;

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/38533637

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 23:17 - Jan 12 with 1833 viewsNortholt_Rs

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:55 - Jan 12 by Stanisgod

Yeah, spot on. Listening to Stam after the game he obviously learnt his trade at old trafford. Kept on about us defending and deep lying etc as though we parked the bus. Total boll#x. No credit to the other team at all. Were all our 17 shots from our own half then ? Dick.

Yeah I saw that - how about this from the ugly bald cnt:

"It's disappointing, but we need to be realistic as just because we're playing QPR at home, it's not going to be an easy win. You want to win games at home, but you're playing against a side that defended really well and came out strong on the counter-attack.
We lost the ball too much in the first half and they capitalised and scored. After that, they sat deeper."

Condescending wnker. Great win by the lads and Ollie. We played fantastic all over the park. Pawel MOTM for me again. I'm over the moon! COYRs!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 00:35 - Jan 13 with 1697 viewskensalriser

Didn't think we were great and neither were Reading shit. Tight game, but we did a good job stifling them and were a handful on the break. Mackie and Sylla weren't really on the same wavelength and I think Sylla's positioning needs some work, but the pair of them were causing problems all game. Deserved win.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 01:13 - Jan 13 with 1664 viewsBoston

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 21:55 - Jan 12 by FDC

Mag-fvcking-nificent

Mac-fvcking-nificent, shirley.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 05:58 - Jan 13 with 1571 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Couldn't keep my eyes open for the second half, but I woke up at half three this morning and reached for my phone still half asleep to check the score. What a cracking result away from home!

Back four seemed a lot more organised and held their line a lot better, no Henry to give the ball away in our half and no Chery taking pot shots from 30 yards out. Just good solid hard work to to get the ball into the box.

More of this please!
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 06:12 - Jan 13 with 1558 viewsjohnhoop

On holiday in Sri Lanka with a five hour time difference so only got the result when I switched on my iPad when I got up and what a truly lovely start to the day it was, all the more so for being so much against the odds. Well done to Ollie and the lads who played. A great result and it seems like the performance was more of a team effort than we've had for a very long time.
It's not going to be all plain sailing from here on in but at least we now know that we are capable of playing as a team again which makes watching us a far more attractive prospect.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 07:06 - Jan 13 with 1516 viewsstevestrange

Oi, oi, oi, what's all this then ? I go holiday for a couple of weeks, leaving my blessed QPR in almost the relegation zone, I come back to find we've won 3 on the trot, some of our "top" players have gone and we're almost mid-table ?????? Can't trust no one these days
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 07:31 - Jan 13 with 1483 viewsGloucs_R

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:31 - Jan 12 by TheRam

My mates, Dean and Lee Avery, top lads from sunny Bracknell, short journey for them this time x

You and I will know each other then!!! Lee was like my little brother when I lived in Bracknell

Poll: Are we staying up?

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 08:21 - Jan 13 with 1425 viewsYorkRanger

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:57 - Jan 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

My honest opnion is that we were not great tonight, it's that we have been so poor for years and for once we competed for the whole game with players that wanted it on a very cold thursday night

A massive difference from the past few years, we will get beaten again but I hope we always competed like we did tonight, that's all any of us ask for really ?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 22:59]

Its about opinons, but I have to disagree. I thought we were very good.

Well organised, disciplined, had a shape/plan and stuck to it. Broke the play up well, counter attacked with pace and intelligence, young players equipped themselves very well and probably should have won by a wider margin.

Not sure why anyone wouldnt think that was a very good performance and I dont just mean from the presepctive of it being set against some of the sh1te of the least few months.

Also much better organised at defending corners!
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 08:31 - Jan 13 with 1406 views2Thomas2Bowles

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 08:21 - Jan 13 by YorkRanger

Its about opinons, but I have to disagree. I thought we were very good.

Well organised, disciplined, had a shape/plan and stuck to it. Broke the play up well, counter attacked with pace and intelligence, young players equipped themselves very well and probably should have won by a wider margin.

Not sure why anyone wouldnt think that was a very good performance and I dont just mean from the presepctive of it being set against some of the sh1te of the least few months.

Also much better organised at defending corners!

Well I said we were not great, not the same a good

We did play good as a team and a few very good performances as I said elsewhere the best I've seen in a long time so I'm not being negative.

Sylla could have been better is the only criticism I have.

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 08:34 - Jan 13 with 1391 viewsYorkRanger

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 08:31 - Jan 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well I said we were not great, not the same a good

We did play good as a team and a few very good performances as I said elsewhere the best I've seen in a long time so I'm not being negative.

Sylla could have been better is the only criticism I have.

I love a debate on semantics...

Seems like you are happier than I thought
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 08:39 - Jan 13 with 1381 views2Thomas2Bowles

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 08:34 - Jan 13 by YorkRanger

I love a debate on semantics...

Seems like you are happier than I thought

VERY

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 09:49 - Jan 13 with 1322 viewsqprphil

I can only say wow, for the first time in a while I can honestly say I couldn't see the opposition scoring, only us adding another. Yes I watched from my armchair, but I sure did get a lump in my throat at the final whistle. They played as a team tonight, like there lives depended on it, more of the same and we will rapidly climb the table. Yes there will be a few blips along the way, but, playing like that there will be more positives than negatives.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 10:38 - Jan 13 with 1271 viewsMonkey_Roots

I was there, bloody freezing in the thinest jacket you could imagine.

I thought they started quite well, and had a fair bit of possession. Once Mackie's engine revved up he didn't leave them alone. We passed the ball around well and threatened often. It seemed like Sylla wasn't on the same wavelength for a while, but if you keep knocking that door has got to open some time. A deserved goal, which I was worried was offside, seemed to rattle reading and put them off their stride — always shaky after that, lots of mistakes. We wanted it more.

Wszołek was immense though, a monster.

Crap atmosphere, a third full when you're 3rd in the league?

As i'm driving out, a little 15 year old div in his stone island jumper acting the bigun in the middle of the road... sort of sums up this lot - fake.

COYRs
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 10:51 - Jan 13 with 1247 viewsBluce_Ree

HA! EAT A BAG OF DICKS, READING.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 11:12 - Jan 13 with 1218 viewsW7Ranger

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 09:28 - Jan 12 by aston_hoop

I'd go with

Smithies
Furlong Hall Lynch Bidwell
Wszołek Luongo Boris Shodipo
Sylla Mackie

Will Expect
Smithies
Furlong Onouha Lynch Bidwell
Hall Luongo
Mackie Manning Wszołek
Sylla

Either way, I think we're reliant on the Wszołek-Sylla combo coming up trumps and Mackie running around a lot. Cut out the silly defensive mistakes and we can give them a game. Failing that, alcohol will help I'm sure.

1-1 Mackie scoring

Pretty damn spot on!
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 14:54 - Jan 13 with 1082 viewsBrightonhoop

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 23:17 - Jan 12 by Northolt_Rs

Yeah I saw that - how about this from the ugly bald cnt:

"It's disappointing, but we need to be realistic as just because we're playing QPR at home, it's not going to be an easy win. You want to win games at home, but you're playing against a side that defended really well and came out strong on the counter-attack.
We lost the ball too much in the first half and they capitalised and scored. After that, they sat deeper."

Condescending wnker. Great win by the lads and Ollie. We played fantastic all over the park. Pawel MOTM for me again. I'm over the moon! COYRs!!!!

Only just read this. Stam certainly found his level at Reading, mediocre at Utd and chasing the second promo spot? He's got no chance. No class, utter div. Perfect match for the Fake Hoops. Long may they fester.

Did I see TheRam posting again??!
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 19:29 - Jan 14 with 916 viewsTGRRRSSS

yes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024