Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President 18:42 - Sep 30 with 28561 viewsGloryHunter

Bit of a long read, but worth it if you're interested in the current shenanigans:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/01/07/how-mark-burnett-resurrected-donal
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 22:32 - Oct 3 with 1950 viewsBrixtonR

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:50 - Oct 3 by Westy75

Outstanding

x
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 00:59 - Oct 4 with 1827 viewsBrixtonR

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 02:37 - Oct 4 with 1790 viewscharmr

Ask the women who have been given complimentary hysterectomies, and being experimented on, at the detention centers if they wish him well and would love the opportunity to say thank you. Ask the Central Park 5 if they also would like to wish him well.

These are people like you and me who are seen as 4th rate citizens. And for our man in Cincinnati, Ignorance and party loyalty are no longer an excuse. I’ve visited plenty of rural towns and lived in a town with 3000 people were WalMart for example came in and ran all the local business over. A company with a horrific history of treatment of its employees. That’s the US system in a nutshell, Walmart.

The less well off, what ever color, in the USA are getting shafted by the system by who ever is running the show,. West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky ex coal mines were they took, took, took and left no investments and left when it suited them. Companies building chemical plants in poor areas causing above average rates of cancer. The chicken industry with Tyson’s. Poisoning the water in flint. Sadly With a loaded Supreme Court that it ain’t going to change any time soon.

Also check for yourselves what he’s got ICE and homeland security doing. Who’s he coming for next, anyone who doesn’t follow the party line. The TSA are already checking phones and laptops at airports.

Miserable people in charge wanting to make everyone else miserable. It makes them happy.

Genuinely where are the runners and riders that want to do some good and I mean greater good. Are we really that fcuked as a species that wanting everyone to be happy( shelter, warmth and food) is that far removed from who and what we are. Gene Roddenberry we need you.

I guess the happiest people can’t be arsed and know better to get into politics.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 4:09]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:11 - Oct 4 with 1726 viewsKonk

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Life is too short for this, but unless you ‘followed’ the impeachment exclusively via Fox News or Donald Trump’s twitter feed, it’s difficult to see how you could type that response. Bang to rights - hence blocking witnesses and citing executive privilege at every opportunity. Look into who provided the Burisma/Biden information (since recanted) and note that Trump’s people only ever demanded that Zelensky announce the launching of a campaign - they didn’t insist on an investigation actually being carried out. I think the witness testimony from career public servants such as Hill and Vindman was a lot more compelling than the blocking of information and non-appearance of key witnesses that the Dems tried to call to first Congress and later the Senate (where every GOP senator other than Romney voted against hearing from witnesses - at an impeachment hearing!)

Someone like George Conway’s Twitter feed would be worth visiting if you genuinely believe that Trump should have been acquitted. A lawyer who is of course married to Kellyanne Conway, and who as a lifelong Republican, voted for Trump, is now a huge critic of Trump’s and his feed from the time of the hearings lays out exactly why Trump should have been found guilty of impeachable offences. George Conway puts the constitution and country over party.

As for the Guardian link - Partisan GOP led Senate investigations fail to find corruption In the case of Hunter Biden/Burisma; not quite how you’ve framed it. Hunter Biden presumably/obviously invited onto the Burisma board due to his Dad’s standing - an attempt at buying either influence or credibility that happens all the time (Chris fuc king Grayling getting a £100k pa part-time role recently) but shouldn’t - no evidence of corruption though. And if you want to talk nepotism/people using family connections, have a think about what Ivanka Trump and Kushner are doing anywhere near the WH, how Ivanka managed to get Trademarks in China, who rents floorspace at Trump Tower in NYC, who bailed out the Kushner’s over 666 5th Avenue etc.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 7:32]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:46 - Oct 4 with 1703 viewstraininvain

Any proof that Democrats have been caught stuffing ballots and funding riots or have you been reading too much infowars?

Trump’s the one inciting hate and trying to create disorder so that he can fulfil his authoritarian wet dream.

Look at the attempted dismantling of the postal service and the constant foreshadowing about mail in ballots.

Trump’s already refused to say that there will be a peaceful transfer of power if he loses (Biden’s said that he’ll accept the result btw). The very essence of undermining democracy.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:18 - Oct 4 with 1672 viewsflynnbo

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/04/trump-covid-hospital-sympa
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:44 - Oct 4 with 1649 viewstraininvain

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:18 - Oct 4 by flynnbo

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/04/trump-covid-hospital-sympa

Not sure I agree with this part: It even takes our mind off the major reason Covid is out of control in America: because Trump blew it.

My thoughts:

Quite the opposite. Trump and many in his inner circle contracting the virus is a reminder of the incompetence of his response to Covid (politicising masks, lack of social distancing at White House events and generally downplaying the virus to the detriment of 200k+ dead Americans).

It shines a spotlight on his handling of the pandemic at the worst possible moment only a few weeks away from the election.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:09 - Oct 4 with 1627 viewsstevec

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:24 - Oct 2 by CincyHoop

Alright, I really hope you guys aren't going to try and dissect something that isn't there, but here goes nothing. I'm also not going to go into a lot of specifics, I hope you guys respect this and as a previous poster brought up, at least in my family growing up, you don't really push your political views on others, and this is not what I'm intending to do with this post.

It is purely my opinion and I'm not qualified or educated, (enough) or passionate enough about this stuff to really give my opinion. However, that being said, I'm willing to give it (only because others asked) in a brief synopsis. Also, I apologize in advance as I'm not a grammar expert, so if it feels like rambling, its because I had about 6 beers at lunch to celebrate a deal with a Company that was just announced.

I grew up in a really small, farming community in northwest Ohio (Google it, its called Fort Jennings) and I wouldn't trade it for the world. No full-time cops. Doors left unlocked at night, no crime. You know everyone in town, and they know you, so there is a bit of accountability to a certain degree. If you messed up, everyone and their brother knew it the next day, by 11am after church. Everyone was a strong republican, or atleast 99% of them.

People in that area don't want government in their lives, they are live off the land type people. If you shake the hand of another man (or woman), that was business, not the signature. A handshake. We grew up so poor, that I actually didn't realize we were poor, because that is just what everyone else around me grew up like. Dad never went to college, he was laid off when I was 10, and started his own business to just pay the electric bills (I was so naive at the time I didn't know) and my mother is a school teacher for elementary school (6th grade).

We had nothing, didn't know anything, fat, dumb and happy I guess. Even the "great recession" that happened in, didn't really impact us, because I guess the poor is kinda insulated from such a thing.

I took a liking for finance at a pretty young age and must have generally picked up the concept of risk/return at way to young of an age than I should have (probably why I like Warbs so much). I go to college to study Finance and Economics at the young age of 18, never leaving my small farming village before. I take to it, do well (enough) in school and stay out of trouble. I end up landing what turns out to be a really good job at a rather large sized bank in the US. I do very fine for a 29 yr old, no kids, not married, generally do what I want (Traveled to London back in 2018 to watch QPR win against Brentford at LR).

You might get to this point and say, well where in the hell is this person going, and I think that is the point? I'm a "normal" 29 yr old from USA, I live in one of the most battleground states in all of the US (some would say the biggest battleground state), I don't regularly watch political news (however its nearly impossible to escape). All of my TV commercials are dominated by either Ohio or Kentucky (I live approx. 500 yards (take your meters and shove them up your @$$ (insert wink gif)) from Kentucky - Ohio River) and you literally just get so worn down and nearly immune to the political commercials.

I get to the bottom of this message and I thought, I didn't really even answer the original question? Why are you voting for Trump?

In short, I grew up in a very "yes sir" or "no sir" type of household. My parents are staunch Republicans, and that was always instilled in me growing up (fiscally conservatism, and we don't take $h!t from anyone). However, as you move to a more "cultured" society, you realize that not everything your parents told you as a young child is correct, and you don't necessarily want to follow in your parents footsteps, or share their same political beliefs.

All that being said, I also have my own beliefs, and I work for a really big bank, who would for clear and obvious reasons vote for Trump. And therefore, I don't bite the hand that feeds me. I'm so tired of people trying to ram their political views down my throat that you almost become rebellious about it. How many of you would want to hear for 4 straight years how you are "ignorant", "not intelligent", "racist", "You don't care about the less fortunate". None of those could actually be further from the truth. But who am I to tell you what the "truth" is? I will never tell someone to vote a certain way, or for a certain cause. Maybe that is just because how my parents raised me.

The real question is, do you vote for what you "believe" you think is right for the better of the common public, or do you vote for what would benefit you, specifically the most, and hope that is aligned with the general public?

*Please, don't come at me trying to dissuade me, try to influence my opinion or attack anyone else who might share similar beliefs. That's not why I replied to this.* I really value all of your opinions and I'm generally just here to educate myself and follow QPR. I just felt for some reason compelled to reply to this thread. Accept it, get mad at it, ask a billion questions, I don't really care. All I ask is that you don't ridicule me for my view points because quite frankly it felt awkward enough typing them out.

COYRssssssssssssss

Well said mate.

It’s not dissimilar over here. One of the pleasures of living over here are the ‘shy Tories’, quietly getting on with their lives, issuing a silent ‘just fck off’ every five years.
Login to get fewer ads

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:29 - Oct 4 with 1610 viewsKonk

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:46 - Oct 4 by traininvain

Any proof that Democrats have been caught stuffing ballots and funding riots or have you been reading too much infowars?

Trump’s the one inciting hate and trying to create disorder so that he can fulfil his authoritarian wet dream.

Look at the attempted dismantling of the postal service and the constant foreshadowing about mail in ballots.

Trump’s already refused to say that there will be a peaceful transfer of power if he loses (Biden’s said that he’ll accept the result btw). The very essence of undermining democracy.

Remarkable, isn’t it. They’ve been banging on about electoral fraud with postal ballots, without producing any evidence other than the sweaty excitement that greeted the news that 9 postal ballots In PA had been wrongly discarded due to a misunderstanding/admin error on the part of an employee. It’s the same process as Absentee ballots with the same checks - as used by US service personnel stationed overseas and Trump himself. And if you want to talk about electoral manipulation, look at voter suppression. Greg Abbott in Texas ordering only one ballot drop off location for each county - Harris County which covers Houston covers 1777 square miles and has a population of 4.7m people - almost 70% of whom are black or Latino. FL GOP authorities trying to block donors like Michael Bloomberg from clearing ex-felon’s outstanding fines, in order that they can register to vote. And that’s before you get onto the GOP and McConnell openly admitting that they will always oppose DC and Puerto Rico statehood because it would inevitably give the Dems 4 senate seats. Same as opposition to the EC which gives Wyoming with 500k population, the same Senate representation as California width 37m.

And any attempt to portray Trump as anything other than intentionally divisive is laughable. Have you seen his twitter feed? Have you watched any of his rallies? Watched him talking with the media? Seriously, watch some of his rallies or press briefings and tell me he’s not a hateful, unhinged lunatic. Aaron Rupar’s twitter feed is great for this. Rupar dislikes Trump, so you can ignore his comments, but he posts large amounts of footage of Trump’s TV coverage and it is genuinely scary to think that someone completely untethered to reality and crazy is the President of the US.

EDIT: Any chance of you posting any credible links supporting your claims (Rudy Giuliani’s Twitter rantings don’t count btw) I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

“Meanwhile Democrats have been caught stuffing ballots and encouraging and funding riots and looting nationwide for the last 3 months, along with their non-stop race baiting.”
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 9:43]

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:56 - Oct 4 with 1562 viewsjohncharles

Trump tested positive on Wednesday am. He attended a rally in Minnesota on Wednesday night. He attended a rally in New Jersey on Thursday night, a full 24 hrs after testing positive. Conveniently the results were not published until Friday.
I wonder how many people at those rallies are sending him get well cards

Strong and stable my arse.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:04 - Oct 4 with 1552 viewsKonk

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:56 - Oct 4 by johncharles

Trump tested positive on Wednesday am. He attended a rally in Minnesota on Wednesday night. He attended a rally in New Jersey on Thursday night, a full 24 hrs after testing positive. Conveniently the results were not published until Friday.
I wonder how many people at those rallies are sending him get well cards

NJ was a donors banquet at his golf club. I think people paid $250k a pop to be there too. And it was a buffet. Ideal. The WH is now trying to come up with a timeline that avoids people concluding that Trump knowingly exposed those donors, Secret Service agents, staff etc to Covid-19.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:00 - Oct 4 with 1504 viewswood_hoop

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:09 - Oct 4 by stevec

Well said mate.

It’s not dissimilar over here. One of the pleasures of living over here are the ‘shy Tories’, quietly getting on with their lives, issuing a silent ‘just fck off’ every five years.

Not as 'shy' as you may think, I live in an area where anything but a Tory as an MP would be seen as something like the Pope being asked to head the Church of England.

Never had a Tory knocking on my door come election time, no need, could put up a dead dog as long as it had a blue rosette on its collar would win the seat.

The 'true blue' counties of this country have never changed, the system has continusaly done nothing but turn them into anything but Tory strongholds, the sale of 'social housing' , the sell of of our ultilities, was nothing but gerrymandering on a grand scale.

The problem we have in this country is the opposition parties have sat on their arses and let the Tories tell lies, lies and yet more lies and done nothing except spout idilogical claptrap, the one exception was Blair and even he made the massive mistake of Iraq.

Nothing shy about Tory voters in the UK, might not have a Union Jack on a flagpole outside their house, but after falling for the same bullsh** right wing parties push as policies not shy at putting an x on that ballot paper every five years.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:18 - Oct 4 with 1471 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:00 - Oct 4 by wood_hoop

Not as 'shy' as you may think, I live in an area where anything but a Tory as an MP would be seen as something like the Pope being asked to head the Church of England.

Never had a Tory knocking on my door come election time, no need, could put up a dead dog as long as it had a blue rosette on its collar would win the seat.

The 'true blue' counties of this country have never changed, the system has continusaly done nothing but turn them into anything but Tory strongholds, the sale of 'social housing' , the sell of of our ultilities, was nothing but gerrymandering on a grand scale.

The problem we have in this country is the opposition parties have sat on their arses and let the Tories tell lies, lies and yet more lies and done nothing except spout idilogical claptrap, the one exception was Blair and even he made the massive mistake of Iraq.

Nothing shy about Tory voters in the UK, might not have a Union Jack on a flagpole outside their house, but after falling for the same bullsh** right wing parties push as policies not shy at putting an x on that ballot paper every five years.

Yep, not so much Tories winning elections as Labour not putting up any credible fight.

People have been complaining about the tories for many years and they have been atrocious.

I don't say some of labours policies are wrong, many are good or would be, just not had the leadership to be trusted.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:08 - Oct 4 with 1398 viewstraininvain

As expected, you can’t actually provide any credible evidence as it’s all nonsense designed to undermine the voting system and democracy.

In answer to your question, Democrats are more likely to vote by mail as we’re in the middle of a global pandemic and it’s common sense to avoid mixing in large crowds (particularly given Republican voter suppression tactics such as limiting the number of voting stations). Would you queue to vote with lots of other people right now or send your ballot by post if given the chance?

In contrast, Trump’s managed to turn wearing masks, social distancing etc into a political issue and constantly undermined mail in ballots (so that he can contest the election result if he loses) so a higher proportion of his voters will turn out and vote in person.

Not that it should really matter. People (including Trump) have been voting by mail for many years and it’s never been an issue up until now that Trump’s been trailing in the polls all year. Ask yourself who stands to benefit the most from questioning the legitimacy of mail in ballots.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:19 - Oct 4 with 1360 views2Thomas2Bowles

[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 12:20]

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:40 - Oct 4 with 1317 viewsRanger_Things

Trump says he is "feeling well". Mind you, he's made over 20,000 false or misleading claims since he became president so there is hope yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 12:42]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:33 - Oct 4 with 1252 viewsCincyHoop

I wonder what the success rate is of trying to change people’s political opinions on social media/internet/message boards?

Had to be extremely low, right?
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:44 - Oct 4 with 1232 viewsTacticalR

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:33 - Oct 4 by CincyHoop

I wonder what the success rate is of trying to change people’s political opinions on social media/internet/message boards?

I think it takes two things for people to change their political opinions:

1. Traumatic events, such as the miners' strike of 1984—85, or the crash of 2007—2008.
2. Someone who can explain those events.

In other words, you won't understand the answers unless you have the questions.

Air hostess clique

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:47 - Oct 4 with 1222 viewsGaryT

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:33 - Oct 4 by CincyHoop

Ask the Russians, I'm sure they've got lots of data on that.

But less flippantly, it is possible to have intelligent discussions with people of different views on message-board forums (as was seen in the Covid thread) but it can also descend into complete bollox as well, free speech and all that.

Social media, not so much but it can greatly influence your views especially if you live in an echo chamber and your screen is filled with the same information time and time again, irrespective of whether it is true or not. I'd encourage people to search out the other side of the story as you'd be surprised what can be missed. As someone who can spend far too long researching stuff, I've found myself down rabbit holes where tin foil hats are recommended for your safety. Only by making a real effort to see what the other side was saying was I able to discover that some of what I thought was 100% true was in fact 100% false. It can be a real eye opener.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:50 - Oct 4 with 1211 viewsNW5Hoop

What a ridiculous post.
1/ The left might say "not our president", but he is still the president. But unlike assorted leftists, he is able to deform the democratic process from within, which he *keeps saying he will do*.
2/ He wasn't duty bound to investigate corruption in Ukraine, because *there wasn't any suggestion of corruption from anyone but Trump*. And he certainly wasn't duty bound to tie aid to Ukraine with the Ukrainian president creating dirt on Biden.
3/ There is no evidence of corruption in postal ballots, based on independent analysis. There is only Trump saying they are corrupt (though he voted postally himself) because, in his own words, postal votes are used more by Democrats.
4/ Please show any single bit of evidence that the Democrats have been "funding riots and looting". There is none.

You really are an imbecile.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 13:53]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:04 - Oct 4 with 1956 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:50 - Oct 4 by NW5Hoop

What a ridiculous post.
1/ The left might say "not our president", but he is still the president. But unlike assorted leftists, he is able to deform the democratic process from within, which he *keeps saying he will do*.
2/ He wasn't duty bound to investigate corruption in Ukraine, because *there wasn't any suggestion of corruption from anyone but Trump*. And he certainly wasn't duty bound to tie aid to Ukraine with the Ukrainian president creating dirt on Biden.
3/ There is no evidence of corruption in postal ballots, based on independent analysis. There is only Trump saying they are corrupt (though he voted postally himself) because, in his own words, postal votes are used more by Democrats.
4/ Please show any single bit of evidence that the Democrats have been "funding riots and looting". There is none.

You really are an imbecile.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 13:53]

I too find it helps to call people names.

It helped me to stick to voting for Brexit.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 14:05]

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 16:57 - Oct 4 with 1851 viewsJuzzie

Trump says he’ll ignore/disregard the result if it goes against him?

So what would actually happen then, he gets dragged out while having a hissy fit of massive proportions?

Surely he can’t say no, that would be a coup would it not and where would that leave the US on a national and international scale. It’s ideal of being the ultimate democracy would be in tatters.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 17:24 - Oct 4 with 1818 viewsNW5Hoop

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:04 - Oct 4 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I too find it helps to call people names.

It helped me to stick to voting for Brexit.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 14:05]

Well, when someone just posts a load of untruths, they are either stupid or a liar. I am giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming he is just stupid, not a liar. Because the post I picked up contains almost no truth.

You might also want to consider the names that those on the left are continually called. Starting with "traitors" and "enemies of the people" for not wanting to leave the EU.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 17:31]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 17:47 - Oct 4 with 1800 viewsBostonR

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 16:57 - Oct 4 by Juzzie

Trump says he’ll ignore/disregard the result if it goes against him?

So what would actually happen then, he gets dragged out while having a hissy fit of massive proportions?

Surely he can’t say no, that would be a coup would it not and where would that leave the US on a national and international scale. It’s ideal of being the ultimate democracy would be in tatters.

This is a good overview.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/what-could-happen-if-donald-trump-
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 17:59 - Oct 4 with 1770 viewsstowmarketrange

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 17:47 - Oct 4 by BostonR

This is a good overview.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/what-could-happen-if-donald-trump-

It might be if we could read it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024