Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President 18:42 - Sep 30 with 28558 viewsGloryHunter

Bit of a long read, but worth it if you're interested in the current shenanigans:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/01/07/how-mark-burnett-resurrected-donal
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:32 - Oct 1 with 1792 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:24 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

Saw the 2nd of Grayson Perry's documentaries on USA politics last night - very interesting

Watching it now

The Liberal elite there like the Remainers ones here are so far up their own ass just can't take any blame for anything.

They are so SHOCKED that they did not win.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:44 - Oct 1 with 1783 viewsBklynRanger

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:32 - Oct 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Watching it now

The Liberal elite there like the Remainers ones here are so far up their own ass just can't take any blame for anything.

They are so SHOCKED that they did not win.

Can you share the link to these?
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:48 - Oct 1 with 1756 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:44 - Oct 1 by BklynRanger

Can you share the link to these?

Catch up on C4, was on last night had it recorded.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:09 - Oct 1 with 1736 viewsitsbiga

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:01 - Oct 1 by charmr

Been with my wife 10 years and out of the blue For the first time started about moving away if he gets back in.

I live in a somewhat large city yet 5 miles down the road in the outskirts Trump flags everywhere. Some houses decked out also in German flags and religious slogans. There’s a guy who tows around an illuminated sign on a trailer with trump all over it. USA is somewhat obsessed with flags and astounding how many have proper flag poles in their front yards.

The story that sums certain thinking Up here for me was when tea party members were being interviewed about getting rid of government funded health care (Medicaid) while towing around their government provided oxygen canisters to keep them alive.

Don’t be surprised if he’s around another 4 years.

Ps it’s a shit show here at the moment to be honest.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 13:03]

Hey i moved to USA 14 years ago. I've now had UK leave Europe and Chump get into power.
Bad few years.
IMO if he wins the election the USA is finished as a democracy. Its barely one anyway, more a kleptocracy/plutocracy now.
Obviously with the EU rocky and Chump snuggling up to scum like Putin, Erdogan, Jong Un and the Saudi's a Putin invasion of Ukraine ain't far away. After that the entire EU.....
Gotta stop this on Nov 3rd!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 21:10]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:11 - Oct 1 with 1732 viewsitsbiga

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 15:37 - Oct 1 by qprd

the same reason that so many americans dont believe in evolution, think climate change is a hoax, believe the ridiculous conspiracies about hilary clinton, think obama was a kenyan muslim ....

Fox News.
Biggest propaganda weapon the world has ever encountered to date.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:35 - Oct 1 with 1710 viewsMatch82

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:11 - Oct 1 by itsbiga

Fox News.
Biggest propaganda weapon the world has ever encountered to date.

Echo chambers are definitely a real thing, very few people have an open mind to being wrong (both sides) so you gravitate towards tv media etc which reinforces your viewpoint. They realize viewing numbers, and therefore ad dollars go up when they take a certain angle for their viewer, so they double down on it. Which reinforces the belief of the viewer.

In terms of how and why 40% (or whatever) would vote for Trump, the majority of those would vote for anyone on the republican ticket and many won't regret it. Case in point, the supreme court is about to nominate it's 2nd judge under trump. That flips the balance of the court to heavy republican which in turn leads to a very real possibility of overturning roe v wade (making abortion illegal, or at least significantly restricting it), making gay marriage illegal again etc.

If you're an avid believer in those things then you're probably looking at the last 4 years as a success.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:59 - Oct 1 with 1672 viewsBklynRanger

3rd judge under Trump in fact. And not much talk about the fact that they changed the rules from a 60/40 majority requirement to a 51/49 requirement. Wouldn't have even come to this if that was the case.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 22:03 - Oct 1 with 1666 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:59 - Oct 1 by BklynRanger

3rd judge under Trump in fact. And not much talk about the fact that they changed the rules from a 60/40 majority requirement to a 51/49 requirement. Wouldn't have even come to this if that was the case.

"60/40 majority requirement to a 51/49 requirement"

For Senate confirmation, Bklyn?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 22:20 - Oct 1 with 1631 viewsBklynRanger

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 22:03 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

"60/40 majority requirement to a 51/49 requirement"

For Senate confirmation, Bklyn?

Yeah
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 22:20 - Oct 1 with 1630 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 22:20 - Oct 1 by BklynRanger

Yeah

Thanks.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 22:26 - Oct 1 with 1613 viewsitsbiga

It does amaze me how the Republicans have managed to maintain power as the minority party so effectively. That’s the beauty of the electoral college voter suppression and gerrymandering.
Get rid of those and they don’t win again.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 22:51 - Oct 1 with 1569 viewsGloryHunter

I've been to the US a few times, and generally enjoyed it. Apart from our last trip, to Miami, when we got robbed in our hotel room while we were asleep, and the cops seemed convinced that we were somehow trying to pull a scam.

Anyway, it always makes me laugh when Americans boast about their "freedoms", and the way the sports crowds jump up and put their hands on their hearts when "the land of the free" line comes along in the national anthem. I've never been in a country where there are so many laws for the average person to break, and the only "freedom" that's guaranteed is your right to buy a machine gun and strut around town with it.

It won't bother me if I never go back there again.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 23:30]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 01:34 - Oct 2 with 1527 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 22:51 - Oct 1 by GloryHunter

I've been to the US a few times, and generally enjoyed it. Apart from our last trip, to Miami, when we got robbed in our hotel room while we were asleep, and the cops seemed convinced that we were somehow trying to pull a scam.

Anyway, it always makes me laugh when Americans boast about their "freedoms", and the way the sports crowds jump up and put their hands on their hearts when "the land of the free" line comes along in the national anthem. I've never been in a country where there are so many laws for the average person to break, and the only "freedom" that's guaranteed is your right to buy a machine gun and strut around town with it.

It won't bother me if I never go back there again.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 23:30]

Funny you mention the national anthem... i was surprised when I started going to football matches overseas and the national anthem was never played (outside of a Netherlands-Luxembourg WC qualifier). I thought that every nation did it growing up going to games in the States... turns out the US is just very self absorbed and egotistical.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 06:28 - Oct 2 with 1452 viewsPhildo

Just confirmed Trump has Covid - as Americans would say a real curveball
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:14 - Oct 2 with 1426 viewsHantsR

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 06:28 - Oct 2 by Phildo

An injection of Dettol will see him fine, just a little prick.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:24 - Oct 2 with 1414 viewstraininvain

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 06:28 - Oct 2 by Phildo

Why does this smell of bs. I’m not usually a conspiracy theorist but the timing is interesting.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:35 - Oct 2 with 1383 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:24 - Oct 2 by traininvain

Why does this smell of bs. I’m not usually a conspiracy theorist but the timing is interesting.

He will blame it on Biden

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:52 - Oct 2 with 1369 viewstraininvain

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:35 - Oct 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He will blame it on Biden

Biden will need a test ASAP as he and Trump spent 90 mins in close contact on Tuesday.

Trump was literally mocking Biden for wearing a mask at the debate which could go down in history if Trump pops his clogs.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:56 - Oct 2 with 1360 viewsNorthernr

Recovers in double quick time, shows how powerful he is and how this thing isn't that much of a big deal, crowd goes wild.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:00 - Oct 2 with 1354 viewsJAPRANGERS

What happens to the election if dementia Biden has it too and both kick the bucket?
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:08 - Oct 2 with 1343 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My first thought, too.

But probably because everything to do with him smells of bs.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:08 - Oct 2 with 1343 viewsizlingtonhoop

One does wonder.

What a world we live in...
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:10 - Oct 2 with 1340 viewstraininvain

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 07:56 - Oct 2 by Northernr

Recovers in double quick time, shows how powerful he is and how this thing isn't that much of a big deal, crowd goes wild.

That was my thinking or try to get sympathy and swerve the remaining debates.

Pretty sure Boris has never been more popular than when he was struggling with Covid.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:16 - Oct 2 with 1327 viewsCamberleyR

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:48 - Oct 1 by kensalriser

Even when Trump is gone, there remains the question why 40% plus of US voters support a draft dodger, serial sexual predator and (very) probable rapist, tax cheat, traitor, racist, compulsive liar and conman.

Over there you'll get 40% who'll vote Republican and 40% Democrat no matter who the candidates are. It's always the floating 20% in the swing states that decide the election.

Similarly over here 30% of the electorate will vote Tory no matter what (even in 1997 they got 30%) and in the South especially we end up with repulsive specimens like Desmond Swayne in the House of Commons with a seat for life if they want it.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 08:55 - Oct 2 with 1275 views1MoreBrightonR

I'm half American and my brother has lived in new York for maybe 15 years and he genuinely thinks there is a chance some kind of civil war may be ahead. It's crazy to think that in a western country, there is a genuine chance that polling stations on election day may have armed militias from the ruling party 'protecting' them.

Trump is scary but getting rid of him won't solve the problem. He has a lot of support and you have to start looking at that In the long run and that's evenmore scary.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024