Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President 18:42 - Sep 30 with 28559 viewsGloryHunter

Bit of a long read, but worth it if you're interested in the current shenanigans:
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/01/07/how-mark-burnett-resurrected-donal
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:07 - Oct 5 with 1687 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:42 - Oct 5 by GloryHunter

"Doesn’t really impact my personal life to be frank"

Could that be because you are white, male, not poor?

Do you not think that personal reponsibility and "doing the right thing" should extend to wanting the best for every citizen in your country, and not just what's best for you?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 9:44]

I'm very sure most if not everyone doesn't take personal responsibility for a whole range of things, or there would be no crime, no poor, no climate change, no homelessness, no hunger no war, on and on
and on, we mostly blame someone else, Trump, Boris whoever, it's just not our fault.

We do, what's best for us in our bubble, mostly.
You, me, we, are all guilty in some way.

So stop throwing stones at Cincy, he is the same as 99% of us in truth.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 10:34]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:14 - Oct 5 with 1687 viewsRanger_Things

"Trump made an impromptu appearance outside of the hospital on Sunday afternoon, waving from inside an SUV to a crowd of supporters who gathered outside the hospital. Concerns were raised about the other people who were in the car with Trump, who was wearing a mask.

An attending physician at Walter Reed Medical Center condemned Trump’s drive, calling it “insanity”. Dr James Phillips, a full-time emergency medical physician at Walter Reed, wrote on Twitter: “Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential ‘drive-by’ just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity.” In a second tweet Phillips said, “the irresponsibility is astounding”."

On the plus side, at least he didn't send in troops to tear-gas the doctors and nurses so he could pose outside a church with an upside down bible.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 10:38]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 11:39 - Oct 5 with 1615 viewsGloryHunter

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:07 - Oct 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm very sure most if not everyone doesn't take personal responsibility for a whole range of things, or there would be no crime, no poor, no climate change, no homelessness, no hunger no war, on and on
and on, we mostly blame someone else, Trump, Boris whoever, it's just not our fault.

I'm not throwing stones at anyone. I'm just asking our new friend for his opinion. It's called debating.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:35 - Oct 5 with 1565 viewsTacticalR

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 10:07 - Oct 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Disagree. 'We' are not responsible for a social system 'we' don't control.

Agree that there is no point everybody jumping on CincyHoop.

Air hostess clique

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:50 - Oct 5 with 1538 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If we vote for someone we are responsible.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:20 - Oct 5 with 1493 viewsCincyHoop

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 09:42 - Oct 5 by GloryHunter

"Doesn’t really impact my personal life to be frank"

Could that be because you are white, male, not poor?

Do you not think that personal reponsibility and "doing the right thing" should extend to wanting the best for every citizen in your country, and not just what's best for you?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 9:44]

Really don't understand why my skin color comes up first? Could we lead with my work ethic that was instilled by my parents? Could we maybe start with how spent appropriate time studying and also working a second job to get through college (I had 60k of student loans when it was all said and done I had no financial aid/scholarships).

Does my race and the fact that I'm male come into it? Sure, probably does. I also grew up dirt poor in a small farming community. So I'm not really sure the "not poor" thing comes into play here actually. My father never went to college and he hasn't even been on a plane his entire life. 60 years young. Never been on a plane. Sort of mind blowing to me.

If I vote for what I think is right and best (selfish interests included) that is all I can do personally speaking. What the rest of the 330 million people want to do with their vote, I can't control, nor do I want to. I never asked to personally carry the interests of 330 million other people, nor do I think its my personal responsibility to look after them (that sounds much more harsh than I mean it).

I'm not arguing with you GloryHunter (whether I disagree with you or not, I can at least respect your willingness to ask the uncomfortable questions at times) and I don't take it personal or hold any ill will, and I'm not deflecting from your questions. I also won't be goated into sticking up for Trump, making his viewpoints/opinions/actions seem justified. I've already highlighted out in my previous posts some of my opinions of him.

Again, just my own thoughts though, probably wrong in the eyes of many, and that is 100% okay.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:12 - Oct 5 with 1434 viewscharmr

After the latest debacle of Trump going out for a drive you can’t defend the indefensible any more.

If anyone still think he’s a good choice and loves the USA their heads must be firmly implanted up their own backside and are making that choice for what ever justifiable reason they have.

Ask anyone living here how much their health insurance costs and how people still believe free health care is un American. Any one on here know anyone with any pre medical conditions that republicans want to change. Highest rate of bankruptcy in the USA is due to un paid hospital bills. Guess which demographic that is Cincy.

People preach community, flag waving etc but don’t live it.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 14:22]
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:28 - Oct 5 with 1375 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 12:50 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

If we vote for someone we are responsible.

And when the side you vote for loses, you blame the other side for winning, it's all a blame game.

That liberal dinner party that Gayson Perry went to shows you, they won't take any responsibility Would not ever really engage when asked.

Their faces were saying, Nasty man how dare he.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 14:29]

Login to get fewer ads

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:33 - Oct 5 with 1375 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:28 - Oct 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

And when the side you vote for loses, you blame the other side for winning, it's all a blame game.

That liberal dinner party that Gayson Perry went to shows you, they won't take any responsibility Would not ever really engage when asked.

Their faces were saying, Nasty man how dare he.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 14:29]

"And when the side you vote for loses, you blame the other side for winning, it's all a blame game."

No, you don't. It's democracy.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:39 - Oct 5 with 1338 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:33 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

"And when the side you vote for loses, you blame the other side for winning, it's all a blame game."

No, you don't. It's democracy.

Oh so the democrats are bullshitting about Trump being to blame for everything. done nothing but try to bring him down from day one instead of looking at why these so educated elites Lost.

3 fecking years it took for the liberals and Labour to stand up democracy. fighting it all the way, now cast to the wind for years.

That went well.

Democracy is rubbish if you lose.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 14:58]

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 15:32 - Oct 5 with 1281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 14:39 - Oct 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Oh so the democrats are bullshitting about Trump being to blame for everything. done nothing but try to bring him down from day one instead of looking at why these so educated elites Lost.

3 fecking years it took for the liberals and Labour to stand up democracy. fighting it all the way, now cast to the wind for years.

That went well.

Democracy is rubbish if you lose.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 14:58]

I'm not talking about parties. I'm talking about voters and my point is simple and surely inarguable: as voters we have responsibility for who we vote for.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 16:22 - Oct 5 with 1212 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 15:32 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not talking about parties. I'm talking about voters and my point is simple and surely inarguable: as voters we have responsibility for who we vote for.

Of course, if who you voted for wins and then does not do as they promised, you should hold them to account.

But just as important, you are just as accountable if you fail to get elected, what I have seen of the democrats, they won't take any responsibility ... it's those ignorant bastards who voted for Trump.

Remainers would not take responsibility for losing the Brexit vote, telling all and sundry ... it's those ignorant bastards fault.

Democrats should have been putting their own house in order, instead of just attacking Trump.

Blaming others for your own failure is as common as grass.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 16:28]

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 16:24 - Oct 5 with 1213 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 16:22 - Oct 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Of course, if who you voted for wins and then does not do as they promised, you should hold them to account.

But just as important, you are just as accountable if you fail to get elected, what I have seen of the democrats, they won't take any responsibility ... it's those ignorant bastards who voted for Trump.

Remainers would not take responsibility for losing the Brexit vote, telling all and sundry ... it's those ignorant bastards fault.

Democrats should have been putting their own house in order, instead of just attacking Trump.

Blaming others for your own failure is as common as grass.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 16:28]

"Of course, if who you voted for wins and then does not do as they promised, you should hold them to account."

And if they do as promised, then you have responsibility for that too.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 16:32 - Oct 5 with 1184 views2Thomas2Bowles

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 16:24 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

"Of course, if who you voted for wins and then does not do as they promised, you should hold them to account."

And if they do as promised, then you have responsibility for that too.

Of course.
If it goes well you can take credit, if it goes wrong, depending on your view of wrong and why, hold them to account (as I said before)

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 17:28 - Oct 5 with 1130 viewswood_hoop

Its from the BBC, for the size of the States really does boil down to just a few votes that can it seem win the Presidency this time.

No wonder Trump may come out of hospital a bit sooner than is wise, bet he's wearing Superman jammys.

it seems the Yanks really do come into this world waving a Red or Blue Flag and nought will change their minds, or very very few.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/election-us-2020-54396559
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 18:23 - Oct 5 with 1080 viewscharmr

Thing is I do think there’s every chance Harry teflon man Redknapp prodigy Trump could win the election. As the golfer Rory Mallory said after playing golf against him,”he has an X factor”

Sadly Biden and Harris and their neo liberalism only seem to be relevant because anyone’s better then him. Biden lives in Delaware and Harris is big on law and order and loved by Wall Street.

Basically center right rather then far right. Still going to end up a police state here one day..

STREWTH
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:11 - Oct 5 with 1008 viewsaston_hoop

I think everyone called this stunt

[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 20:12]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:28 - Oct 5 with 987 viewsflynnbo

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:11 - Oct 5 by aston_hoop

Disgraceful tweet!.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:46 - Oct 5 with 965 viewsJuzzie

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:28 - Oct 5 by flynnbo

Disgraceful tweet!.

He will do anything to stay in office, utterly shameless. The only thing is that if he does rig, sorry I mean win, the election he can’t go for a third term.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:51 - Oct 5 with 1861 viewsBklynRanger

Think I'll go back to my earlier statement...
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:00 - Oct 5 with 1842 viewsted_hendrix

What a foul Man Trump is.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:10 - Oct 5 with 1811 viewstraininvain

I’m sure that tweet will provide comfort to the families of the 200k+ who have died in the US from Covid. Not to mention all of the people with long term damage from the virus.

And Trump better hope that his comments down come back to bite him as he’s not out of the woods yet.
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:30 - Oct 5 with 1772 viewsizlingtonhoop

We'll see
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:48 - Oct 5 with 1729 viewsQPR_Jim

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 20:46 - Oct 5 by Juzzie

He will do anything to stay in office, utterly shameless. The only thing is that if he does rig, sorry I mean win, the election he can’t go for a third term.

Well, I'm sure changing the rules around a third term will be top of his priority
Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 21:58 - Oct 5 with 1704 viewsGloryHunter

Donald Trump - the Brit who made him President on 13:20 - Oct 5 by CincyHoop

Really don't understand why my skin color comes up first? Could we lead with my work ethic that was instilled by my parents? Could we maybe start with how spent appropriate time studying and also working a second job to get through college (I had 60k of student loans when it was all said and done I had no financial aid/scholarships).

Does my race and the fact that I'm male come into it? Sure, probably does. I also grew up dirt poor in a small farming community. So I'm not really sure the "not poor" thing comes into play here actually. My father never went to college and he hasn't even been on a plane his entire life. 60 years young. Never been on a plane. Sort of mind blowing to me.

If I vote for what I think is right and best (selfish interests included) that is all I can do personally speaking. What the rest of the 330 million people want to do with their vote, I can't control, nor do I want to. I never asked to personally carry the interests of 330 million other people, nor do I think its my personal responsibility to look after them (that sounds much more harsh than I mean it).

I'm not arguing with you GloryHunter (whether I disagree with you or not, I can at least respect your willingness to ask the uncomfortable questions at times) and I don't take it personal or hold any ill will, and I'm not deflecting from your questions. I also won't be goated into sticking up for Trump, making his viewpoints/opinions/actions seem justified. I've already highlighted out in my previous posts some of my opinions of him.

Again, just my own thoughts though, probably wrong in the eyes of many, and that is 100% okay.

"Really don't understand why my skin color comes up first"

I had no idea what your skin colour is, Cincy - you didn't mention it. I just hazarded a guess that you might possibly be white

I apologise for not saying - male, not poor, and possibly white - these characteristics were not listed in any particular order. I'm interested that you are prickly about the skin colour thing, though.

Believe it or not, on this side of the pond, Trump is widely perceived to be an enthusiastic racist. (Among other things, on account of the fact that he hated Obama as President and questioned his birthright, calls the BLM protestors anarchists and thugs, and refuses to condemn white supremacists.)

Is Trump's racism not a concept that has reached your neck of the woods yet?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024