Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... 17:06 - Apr 8 with 12017 viewsTheResurrection

Some of you just want to blame, blame, blame... Anyone without any real thought process into why.

We went a lot more adventures second half and does anyone think Siggy played a lot better there? I'm not blaming Siggy by the way just pointing out he's too slow for there and can't go past a man. At least Ayew can but he doesn't know when to get rid of it. I wouldn't have taken Carroll off as he moves the ball around quick for us, even if he did have a poor first half. Fer was awful today and West Ham even worse.

There's just nothing to us but there hasn't been all season. The camera panned over to the only one to blame but there's good reason in his case. While he's used the Swans to enjoy a millionaires lifestyle we'll maybe have many years to suffer back down in the lower leagues.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 16:55 - Apr 9 with 1072 viewscostalotta

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 16:27 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

I wouldn't have brought him in in the first place but was happy to give him a chance. I thought he spoke well and saw and pointed out integral issues after games.

He was right to try the false 9, he realised the back 4 were struggling and tried to get the right formula.

But he couldn't get the right blend overall and I don't think the players respected his accent so the collapse was accelerated.

Am I right in saying we're on the worse run now this season? If so,think about that for a minute with the teams we've just played!!

Your not wrong about the run but that fact is easy to identify. Your also not wrong that its NOT the managers fault regarding our squad and league position. That's easy and was identified by many of us back last summer and before for that matter, but you know this.

I think though, that Clement has been unlucky with injuries to key players at the wrong time.

I also think that a Clement team (during November/December) would NOT have faired as badly as bradley. The man is a con artist when it comes to this level. Just because he can spot and talk a good game does not qualify him in any way to manage a premier league team. Bob picked up 8 points i think. Id bet my house that FG or Clem would have picked up more during that period and the we'd have more points than now. Maybe not much but it would have been more and probably enough for us to be clear of danger at THIS moment. But hey ho, thats in the past.

The players (probably) didn't respect bob...period. Nothing to do with his accent mate. Your better than that and you sound a bitter like him with statements like that, which i know your not by the way.

FG did know how to set up a team. If you watched (and actually understood) any football at all for period of time you would know this. He knew how to set a team up to win matches that it should win. Done it about 8 times (in about 16 games) last season and once this suggest he does. A very good record in Italy with a smaller club. Of course, he was shafted by you know who but he's a number of levels above bradley.
It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 17:00 - Apr 9 with 1062 viewsjackportis

Is it fair to say that one could state we have never really had a manager? More a few coaches! Old conk nose he's been the manager!

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 17:21 - Apr 9 with 1029 viewsjack247

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 16:51 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

We were the better side against Palace and it was 1-1 when Llorente came on so you can't take anything for granted there.

Llorente has been so hit and miss all season there's also no guarantees there.

Clement has also had the huge benefit of a transfer window and we've still got Bastón FFS.

And his accent definitely played a part, without doubt.

He has been hit and miss all season. We have been miss and miss without him. Spurs the other day aside.

All his accent played a part in was getting the job in the first place. It was a convenient scapegoat to cover his inadequacies.
It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 17:35 - Apr 9 with 1020 viewsTheResurrection

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 16:55 - Apr 9 by costalotta

Your not wrong about the run but that fact is easy to identify. Your also not wrong that its NOT the managers fault regarding our squad and league position. That's easy and was identified by many of us back last summer and before for that matter, but you know this.

I think though, that Clement has been unlucky with injuries to key players at the wrong time.

I also think that a Clement team (during November/December) would NOT have faired as badly as bradley. The man is a con artist when it comes to this level. Just because he can spot and talk a good game does not qualify him in any way to manage a premier league team. Bob picked up 8 points i think. Id bet my house that FG or Clem would have picked up more during that period and the we'd have more points than now. Maybe not much but it would have been more and probably enough for us to be clear of danger at THIS moment. But hey ho, thats in the past.

The players (probably) didn't respect bob...period. Nothing to do with his accent mate. Your better than that and you sound a bitter like him with statements like that, which i know your not by the way.

FG did know how to set up a team. If you watched (and actually understood) any football at all for period of time you would know this. He knew how to set a team up to win matches that it should win. Done it about 8 times (in about 16 games) last season and once this suggest he does. A very good record in Italy with a smaller club. Of course, he was shafted by you know who but he's a number of levels above bradley.

I didn't say FG didn't know how to set up a team. I was just playing with Vetchonian as didn't trust the reasons he said that. In fact I was all for FG keeping his job and realised we needed to keep a better shape this season with the personnel we had to choose from.

A sizeable chunk of our support didn't though and don't think so now.

What FG may or may not have done is irrelevant now and all just guesswork so you can bet all the if's, but's and maybe's you want but you'll never ever know.

On the accent I know this to be true for the very simple reason that I didn't respect it and I know for a fact people I speak with didn't. That's a very simple exercise in evaluating that point. It run through British football culminating with a spoof show on Soccer AM which I think still runs today.

You don't need any more evidence so stop being so thick.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 17:59 - Apr 9 with 978 viewscostalotta

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 17:35 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

I didn't say FG didn't know how to set up a team. I was just playing with Vetchonian as didn't trust the reasons he said that. In fact I was all for FG keeping his job and realised we needed to keep a better shape this season with the personnel we had to choose from.

A sizeable chunk of our support didn't though and don't think so now.

What FG may or may not have done is irrelevant now and all just guesswork so you can bet all the if's, but's and maybe's you want but you'll never ever know.

On the accent I know this to be true for the very simple reason that I didn't respect it and I know for a fact people I speak with didn't. That's a very simple exercise in evaluating that point. It run through British football culminating with a spoof show on Soccer AM which I think still runs today.

You don't need any more evidence so stop being so thick.

You right about the past it was just a way to express a point I believed in.

Regarding accentgate. I'm not saying it may not have been a factor. What I am saying is Bradley would have started from way back on the respect score. These players needed leadership, proper leadership not someone full of himself who's NOT proved himself in any worthwhile league. He could talk no doubt. Probably too much in fairness and our payers maybe overpaid mercenaries but they are not stupid and would have seen right through him. He did nothing to settle nerves. He actually made us worse than before him. I said this to you in a thread before Xmas. Any manager who's worth his salt will build from the back. Simply put, bob didn't have a clue. Whilst I concede PC has only slightly improved this stat (goals against) it's still an improvement and if BB had overseen that he MAY have earned respect. Get the spine of a team right and your already in a better place.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 18:01]
It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 18:07 - Apr 9 with 963 viewsjack247

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 17:59 - Apr 9 by costalotta

You right about the past it was just a way to express a point I believed in.

Regarding accentgate. I'm not saying it may not have been a factor. What I am saying is Bradley would have started from way back on the respect score. These players needed leadership, proper leadership not someone full of himself who's NOT proved himself in any worthwhile league. He could talk no doubt. Probably too much in fairness and our payers maybe overpaid mercenaries but they are not stupid and would have seen right through him. He did nothing to settle nerves. He actually made us worse than before him. I said this to you in a thread before Xmas. Any manager who's worth his salt will build from the back. Simply put, bob didn't have a clue. Whilst I concede PC has only slightly improved this stat (goals against) it's still an improvement and if BB had overseen that he MAY have earned respect. Get the spine of a team right and your already in a better place.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 18:01]

Of course he would. One good training session with effective new ideas and the players soon would have forgotten his accent. A few decent performances on the pitch and the fans would have loved him.

Still, the overall poIsn't is right, the responsibility lies with those who appointed him.
It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 19:51 - Apr 9 with 900 viewsjasper_T

The difference between Guidolin and Bradley (and Clement) is when a Guidolin team turned in a shocking performance he was able to change things, generally for the better. A tough run of games and one absolute robbery of a result make his points per game look awful, and no he wasn't doing well, but there were signs of positive progress during that City-City-Liverpool period.

In contrast Bradley's changes were all over the place, and Clement seems incapable of anything except the setup he used in his first game.
It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 19:58 - Apr 9 with 891 viewsjack247

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 19:51 - Apr 9 by jasper_T

The difference between Guidolin and Bradley (and Clement) is when a Guidolin team turned in a shocking performance he was able to change things, generally for the better. A tough run of games and one absolute robbery of a result make his points per game look awful, and no he wasn't doing well, but there were signs of positive progress during that City-City-Liverpool period.

In contrast Bradley's changes were all over the place, and Clement seems incapable of anything except the setup he used in his first game.

Lots won't see it, but Guidolin was a very good manager for us. I don't think we would be talking relegation if we had persisted with him. He may even have found a way of accommodating Baston.

Also agree Clement doesn't have a plan B, but his plan A is pretty effective. I'm confident we can stay up if we keep everyone fit and available.
Login to get fewer ads

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 21:01 - Apr 9 with 857 viewsjasper_T

His plan A was effective but we're without a win in 5 now.

It didn't take teams long to adapt and prepare for it.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2017 21:02]
It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 21:10 - Apr 9 with 843 viewsTheResurrection

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 19:51 - Apr 9 by jasper_T

FG would not have fared any better if he'd stayed. Not this season, not with what we had.

We can all look back romantically and try to convince ourselves otherwise but truth of the matter is we've already had 3 managers and there's not been a great deal of difference between them all. Clement has had the most success but he also benefitted from emergency surgery to the tune of £20m so the other 2 were severely handicapped.

We've been better against the better teams in all bar Man United at home and Spurs away so we can't really judge those 3 under FG with any real authority. We were poor against Hull at home and abysmal against Southampton and Leicester away.

On your Clement first game point, his first game was Arsenal home and he played Siggy at 10 so you've got that wrong, as did Clement in picking him there.

It's not Clement's fault and neither was it Bradley's... on 21:17 - Apr 9 with 829 viewsjasper_T

I don't need to look back romantically I was posting romantic enough stuff at the time on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024