Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 202957 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 05:20 - Jul 18 with 3415 viewsLblock

General Election Thread on 23:39 - Jul 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda, who we gave hundreds of millions of pounds to, has just won a fourth term as president with 99% of the vote.

We need ID to vote though.

[Post edited 17 Jul 23:43]

I think Habineza should demand a recount.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

General Election Thread on 06:16 - Jul 18 with 3385 viewsGus_iom

Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda, who we gave hundreds of millions of pounds to, has just won a fourth term as president with 99% of the vote.

He funnelled that money into Arsenal, though.
General Election Thread on 15:58 - Jul 18 with 3213 viewsSonofpugwash

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GSvwXiFXsAAhOhD?format=jpg&name=medium

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 17:27 - Jul 18 with 3150 viewsJuzzie

Kagame has been president since 2000 winning every election since by more than 90%.
Amendments in the constitution were made so he could stand for additional terms.

I mean, is there a 'dictators' handbook or something? You could copy & paste this M.O. from the likes of Mugabe, Putin etc etc
General Election Thread on 19:29 - Jul 18 with 3083 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 05:20 - Jul 18 by Lblock

I think Habineza should demand a recount.

Bit of tactical voting and he’d have done it.
General Election Thread on 19:52 - Jul 19 with 2863 viewsSonofpugwash

P|olice out in force in Whitechapel and Leeds.
Must be the far right again.

General Election Thread on 09:45 - Jul 20 with 2766 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 17:27 - Jul 18 by Juzzie

Kagame has been president since 2000 winning every election since by more than 90%.
Amendments in the constitution were made so he could stand for additional terms.

I mean, is there a 'dictators' handbook or something? You could copy & paste this M.O. from the likes of Mugabe, Putin etc etc

This?
https://www.project2025.org/

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 12:32 - Jul 20 with 2670 viewsGus_iom

General Election Thread on 09:45 - Jul 20 by Esox_Lucius

This?
https://www.project2025.org/

And the left don't subvert democracy through the building of their technocracies?
It's dire whichever way you look
Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 21:34 - Jul 20 with 2555 viewsSonofpugwash

Two tier policing up in Leeds.
No arrests for people torching a bus but a white lady gets apprehended for saying some hurty words.
[Post edited 20 Jul 21:38]

General Election Thread on 21:42 - Jul 20 with 2534 viewsloftupper

General Election Thread on 21:34 - Jul 20 by Sonofpugwash

Two tier policing up in Leeds.
No arrests for people torching a bus but a white lady gets apprehended for saying some hurty words.
[Post edited 20 Jul 21:38]

Course she did 😂🤣😂
General Election Thread on 21:58 - Jul 20 with 2490 viewsloftboy

I see they’re proposing lowering the voting age to 16, seems like a huge oxymoron for someone of my age, left school at 16 and 1 month, straight into work, paying taxes but couldn’t vote until I was 18, 16 year olds can’t leave school now so surely can’t be allowed to vote.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 22:13 - Jul 20 with 2460 viewsloftupper

General Election Thread on 21:58 - Jul 20 by loftboy

I see they’re proposing lowering the voting age to 16, seems like a huge oxymoron for someone of my age, left school at 16 and 1 month, straight into work, paying taxes but couldn’t vote until I was 18, 16 year olds can’t leave school now so surely can’t be allowed to vote.

They still pay taxes though, worlds a different place now. Unlikely that any sixteen year old will be leaving schooland getting a job that will eventually allow them to buy a house and raise a family.

Education just doesn’t appear to be important to many, this is where I think the UK will be overtaken
General Election Thread on 22:26 - Jul 20 with 2432 viewsEsox_Lucius

General Election Thread on 22:13 - Jul 20 by loftupper

They still pay taxes though, worlds a different place now. Unlikely that any sixteen year old will be leaving schooland getting a job that will eventually allow them to buy a house and raise a family.

Education just doesn’t appear to be important to many, this is where I think the UK will be overtaken

We overtook the US at the head of the global education league table last year. That may be down to the standard of tertiary education in this country, that wasn't made clear.

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 12:35 - Jul 24 with 2091 viewsSheffieldHoop

We find out this morning that another soldier has been attacked in the street by some nutter who is *just* a nutter and certainly not a radical religious extremist nutter, before anybody starts to speculate. There's a video going around of the stabbing + attacker licking blood from the knife. Still only the 5th (Up to 3rd while I've been writing) most popular story on the BBC today, below JustStopOil and some Trans Influencer being outed as a paedo, in a country now completely desensitized to this stuff. Looks like a 24-hour Media blackout does the trick.

Starmer says he is "shocked and appalled" - Just like they were last time it happened, just like they are every time *something* happens, and yet they do hardly anything to prevent future occurrences of the same "Shocking and appalling" stuff. A few concrete barriers is all they can muster up for you and your family's safety. Come on down, take your chances, don't look back in anger.

Are soldiers allowed to carry weapons in UK public? Perhaps, given our political class is so intent on making them targets, they should be?
[Post edited 24 Jul 12:36]

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

General Election Thread on 14:45 - Jul 24 with 1970 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 21:58 - Jul 20 by loftboy

Loads of 16-17 year-olds aren’t in school. They have to be in education or training. Plenty will work on top of that. I’d argue it’s mental a Politics student of 17 can’t be trusted as mature enough to vote but 105-year-old Beryl who hasn’t worked for half a century and thinks it’s 1947 is.
General Election Thread on 14:50 - Jul 24 with 1944 viewsSonofpugwash

Apparently we are on a "war footing".Suddenly it's "we" again.
Ho hum,better get in a few extra tins of beans and Iodine tablets....

General Election Thread on 15:34 - Jul 24 with 1747 viewsHayesender

General Election Thread on 21:42 - Jul 20 by loftupper

Course she did 😂🤣😂

Oh she was, and there's plenty of videos of her being arrested while surrounded by hundreds of laughing roma types.

I'm not gonna share the videos on here as it's not the place, but feel free to do your own search

Poll: Shamima Beghum

General Election Thread on 15:42 - Jul 24 with 1553 viewskensalriser

General Election Thread on 12:32 - Jul 20 by Gus_iom

And the left don't subvert democracy through the building of their technocracies?
It's dire whichever way you look

'kinell, are you really trying to both-sides that?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

General Election Thread on 17:39 - Jul 24 with 1006 viewsRanger_Things

General Election Thread on 14:45 - Jul 24 by Watford_Ranger

Loads of 16-17 year-olds aren’t in school. They have to be in education or training. Plenty will work on top of that. I’d argue it’s mental a Politics student of 17 can’t be trusted as mature enough to vote but 105-year-old Beryl who hasn’t worked for half a century and thinks it’s 1947 is.

Lowering the voting age to 16 seems sensible to me. Whether they can actually be arsed is obviously a different matter but it does feel a bit odd making them pay taxes or allowing them to join the army but withholding voting rights. What are the arguments against giving them the vote?
General Election Thread on 18:05 - Jul 24 with 928 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 17:39 - Jul 24 by Ranger_Things

Lowering the voting age to 16 seems sensible to me. Whether they can actually be arsed is obviously a different matter but it does feel a bit odd making them pay taxes or allowing them to join the army but withholding voting rights. What are the arguments against giving them the vote?

I was told the Labour party had no plans to lower the age at which adolescents become eligible to do things. Hmmm.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

General Election Thread on 18:31 - Jul 24 with 908 viewsBucksRanger

General Election Thread on 17:39 - Jul 24 by Ranger_Things

What are the arguments against giving them the vote?

That the human brain doesn't reach maturity until around 25 years of age.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&Con
General Election Thread on 20:35 - Jul 24 with 822 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 18:31 - Jul 24 by BucksRanger

What are the arguments against giving them the vote?

That the human brain doesn't reach maturity until around 25 years of age.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&Con

Do we remove the vote when people are of an age or level of health that their brain has deteriorated?
General Election Thread on 20:50 - Jul 24 with 766 viewsLazyFan

General Election Thread on 12:35 - Jul 24 by SheffieldHoop

We find out this morning that another soldier has been attacked in the street by some nutter who is *just* a nutter and certainly not a radical religious extremist nutter, before anybody starts to speculate. There's a video going around of the stabbing + attacker licking blood from the knife. Still only the 5th (Up to 3rd while I've been writing) most popular story on the BBC today, below JustStopOil and some Trans Influencer being outed as a paedo, in a country now completely desensitized to this stuff. Looks like a 24-hour Media blackout does the trick.

Starmer says he is "shocked and appalled" - Just like they were last time it happened, just like they are every time *something* happens, and yet they do hardly anything to prevent future occurrences of the same "Shocking and appalling" stuff. A few concrete barriers is all they can muster up for you and your family's safety. Come on down, take your chances, don't look back in anger.

Are soldiers allowed to carry weapons in UK public? Perhaps, given our political class is so intent on making them targets, they should be?
[Post edited 24 Jul 12:36]

It is interesting you state that the "political class is so intent on making them targets".
You may have a valid point.

As institutionalised care for the mentally disabled was phased out under Margaret Thatcher in 1983. This is what happens when you push that back to the community who are not qualified and might have mental issues themselves, and that's even if there is a family to take them on, let alone afford it in this cost of living crisis.

But why would the champions of the rich care about the non-rich suffering nutters in the street?

Obviously, Thatch was one of those looney lefties being all soft and letting nutters roam the streets as she was all woke and all that.

Your idea of armed soldiers against civilians, whether they use them or not, for whatever reason, apart from being a totally fascist idea, won't work. You see, these nutters are, err ... nutters!
So, as per usual, it is some self-pleasuring idea from the right whingers to clean up society that was put in this position by right whingers who ignored reality as it was all too complicated and difficult to understand (it isn't really) and now its arm the army against civilians.

BTW:
The left warned the right many times that this policy would come back to haunt society years later. Now you wish to pretend we never did, and it's society (note Thatch said there is no such thing) that's gone rotten. It must be those looney lefties in charge in the last 14 years, and then before that, the New Labour Blairties (same as capitalist-loving Tories and for sure not lefties).

zzzzzzzzzz

General Election Thread on 21:01 - Jul 24 with 730 viewsBucksRanger

General Election Thread on 20:35 - Jul 24 by Watford_Ranger

Do we remove the vote when people are of an age or level of health that their brain has deteriorated?

What would be the point? If they have dementia, I doubt they would remember to vote anyway.
General Election Thread on 21:20 - Jul 24 with 2188 viewsLazyFan

If you pay taxes to support this country's upkeep, you should have a say in how those taxes are spent.
That's what being British is about. You pay, you have a say.

Apart from the hard rights stereotypes of Student Grant (who does not get a grant now) doing Media Studies at the Nelson Mandella Rochdale Sixth Form College, most people are less likely to commit crimes if they are either employed or in full-time education because they are kept busy doing something of value to them. Also, studies show that they go on to earn way more than those who don't continue their education and, therefore, pay even more taxes. British.

As they are spending our money right now, I trust them as students to tell me if that money is being spent properly or if it has been spunked away on an Alan Sugars Academy of Business Studies or some other right-wing vank fest (yes, you have them too). Therefore, I want them to have a vote, too, as these people will be bitter later on when they do earn the money. It's best we get them on the side of looking after the country rather than against it.

Then there is Sharon and Kevin both 16.9, who have just pushed out little baby Trev. Crackers, I know.
But these people are solving the pension crises (wrongly). Now we have to pay for them to hopefully wise up the hard way and ensure Trev does not turn into a wrong-un when he grows up (you know being in govt spunking £700m on some Rwanda scheme).
How would we know right now (not when you were 16 and pregnant decades ago, the world has changed, you know) what it's like to bring up kids when you're just old enough yourself?
And how would we know the government is doing a proper job in ensuring Trev does not turn out wrong?
No, these people need to have a vote too, to ensure any lame govt is not in power 14 years screwing up the country and is held to account by those citizens it affects. The only we know this for sure, is to ask em at election time. But they only get one vote each, this is not Rwanda you know.

Young people do stupid things, as old people do. Young people do MORE stupid things and learn harder lessons than older people, this is true. But when old people do stupid things, they often do it at the expense of young people. Whereas young people do it mostly to themselves (not all the time).

Where is the right, spouting on about accountability for one's actions and strong leadership and all that?
Of course it's all dog whistles and deflections (lock them up mode invoked) from them.

The reality is the old have done way worse to the young than the other way around. Please do use deflection from the point and mention a few outlying cases as they do exist but that is really deflection from old people (you know people like Truss) screwing over the young.
To the extent the right now wanting them to join the army ...... wait there is an idea if all these young people have guns and they are all loony lefties who don't understand life, then we on the left with all the guns. I am not sure once again the right has thought this through again.

What a surprise ... not!

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024