Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ross Stewart 14:14 - Jul 22 with 1732 viewsgrumpy

What’s the latest news on him? I appreciate he’s had a serious injury but considering Adams has gone now and all the news doesn’t centre on any forwards we need to know if this much vaunted buy of ours is ever going to play for us again.
Ross Stewart on 14:17 - Jul 22 with 1724 viewsGRIM

Keep the match programme of when he played for us it might become a collectors item.
Ross Stewart on 14:42 - Jul 22 with 1665 viewsPatfromPoole

I note that he is now referred to as "Roscoe" by our leader.....

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Ross Stewart on 20:33 - Jul 22 with 1477 viewskingslandstand1

I saw Charlie George play for us!
Ross Stewart on 20:57 - Jul 22 with 1433 viewsCity_boy

Ross Stewart on 20:33 - Jul 22 by kingslandstand1

I saw Charlie George play for us!

I saw Ali Dia, but can't claim that I saw him play (very well), although do recall that I think he had a shot ?
Ross Stewart on 23:19 - Jul 22 with 1271 viewsLondonSaint76

Ross Stewart on 20:57 - Jul 22 by City_boy

I saw Ali Dia, but can't claim that I saw him play (very well), although do recall that I think he had a shot ?

Dia was subbed on for Matt Le Tiss after about 30 mins v Leeds at The Dell, he did indeed have a shot - just past the post into the side netting at the Archers Road end. That was not long after he came on and it went rapidly downhill from that point onwards… Subbed back off late in the second half with Ken Monkou his replacement. If I remember correctly MLT described Dia’s performance as like watching Bambi on ice! For the record, Leeds won 2-0 with two late goals - back in the days when they could get a result against us ⚽️😀

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Ross Stewart on 11:40 - Jul 23 with 953 viewsSonicBoom

Ross Stewarts full debut is likely to also be his testimonial.
Ross Stewart on 14:04 - Jul 23 with 839 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Ross Stewart on 23:19 - Jul 22 by LondonSaint76

Dia was subbed on for Matt Le Tiss after about 30 mins v Leeds at The Dell, he did indeed have a shot - just past the post into the side netting at the Archers Road end. That was not long after he came on and it went rapidly downhill from that point onwards… Subbed back off late in the second half with Ken Monkou his replacement. If I remember correctly MLT described Dia’s performance as like watching Bambi on ice! For the record, Leeds won 2-0 with two late goals - back in the days when they could get a result against us ⚽️😀

I dont profess to being an expert on players performances having had to eat humble pie on a few players in my long experience of being a Saints fan.
However I remember seeing Ali Dia being featured on the local news at the Training Ground before his debut game and thought he cant control a ball properly for a so called professional player..
I am surprised Graham Souness didnt clock his lack of ability before involving him in the Leeds game
Ross Stewart on 15:56 - Jul 23 with 752 viewssaint22

given the amount of time away you would have thought he would have played at eastleigh
Login to get fewer ads

Ross Stewart on 21:20 - Jul 23 with 606 viewsSaintNick

Ross Stewart on 15:56 - Jul 23 by saint22

given the amount of time away you would have thought he would have played at eastleigh

Perhaps they thought it might be a bit risky given Eastleigh might have been fired up in front of a full house, they used over 22 players so someone had to miss out

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ross Stewart on 23:26 - Jul 23 with 520 viewssaint22

Ross Stewart on 21:20 - Jul 23 by SaintNick

Perhaps they thought it might be a bit risky given Eastleigh might have been fired up in front of a full house, they used over 22 players so someone had to miss out

maybe but if anyone needs to get up to speed its him not AA
Ross Stewart on 23:41 - Jul 23 with 515 viewsLondonSaint76

Ross Stewart on 14:04 - Jul 23 by SouthSeaSaint

I dont profess to being an expert on players performances having had to eat humble pie on a few players in my long experience of being a Saints fan.
However I remember seeing Ali Dia being featured on the local news at the Training Ground before his debut game and thought he cant control a ball properly for a so called professional player..
I am surprised Graham Souness didnt clock his lack of ability before involving him in the Leeds game

Agreed, it almost beggars belief he got away with it for as long as he did to get anywhere near the Leeds game. I suppose Souness might not have been the most approachable of managers given his general disposition - I’d imagine he would likely subscribe to one of the old sayings: Rule 1, I’m always right. Rule 2, when I’m wrong, refer to Rule 1 - but surely after a couple of training sessions one or two of the most senior players could have said Boss, have a serious look at this guy, he couldn’t trap a bag of cement! All supposition on my part of course, so perhaps it was just the power of the supposed Weah connection… Bizarre all said and done.
[Post edited 23 Jul 23:43]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024