Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock 03:04 - Jul 6 with 37966 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sorry, I'm a little off the pace right now - what's the story with Chrissy?

Is he in Girona?

Moving to Newcastle for 10m or to Sunderland for a bag of sweets?

Knuckling down for a campaign when he and we cream the Champ?

Succinct updates please.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Willock on 15:30 - Jul 10 with 3695 viewshubble

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Willock on 15:34 - Jul 10 with 3609 viewsdmm

Willock on 14:42 - Jul 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can Kolli play where he does?

Yes, I'd have thought so. Likes to be 'inverted' on the left but would be fine on the right. Smyth, Anderson and even Santos play at RM too.
Willock on 15:37 - Jul 10 with 3555 viewsNorthernr

Willock on 15:34 - Jul 10 by dmm

Yes, I'd have thought so. Likes to be 'inverted' on the left but would be fine on the right. Smyth, Anderson and even Santos play at RM too.

I think Santos has been brought to play there. We've already got two, good, senior right backs.
Willock on 15:53 - Jul 10 with 3312 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Willock on 14:50 - Jul 10 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/july/10/chris-willock-moves-on/

Interesting wording on this. Particularly about only wanting players committed to the club.

No reason to even read between the lines on that statement!
Really not bothered, clear he was unwilling and I suspect unable to play the way MC or the club are now headed. As I've said before, the Norwich game at home last season was telling. I've never seen a player so unsuited to what the manager wanted.

Anyway, Cardiff at home will be fun. I mean Cardiff FFS 🤣🤣😂
Willock on 15:56 - Jul 10 with 3261 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Bye, thanks for some great memories.

Should free up some cash.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Willock on 16:01 - Jul 10 with 3178 viewsQPR_John

Willock on 15:53 - Jul 10 by Wilkinswatercarrier

No reason to even read between the lines on that statement!
Really not bothered, clear he was unwilling and I suspect unable to play the way MC or the club are now headed. As I've said before, the Norwich game at home last season was telling. I've never seen a player so unsuited to what the manager wanted.

Anyway, Cardiff at home will be fun. I mean Cardiff FFS 🤣🤣😂

Must have missed something. Where does it say he is joining Cardiff
Willock on 16:03 - Jul 10 with 3134 viewsactonman

Thanks for the memories Chris oh and for keeping our physios busy for the past 18 months !

Ungrateful greedy bstard
Willock on 16:08 - Jul 10 with 3047 viewscalHoop

The Willock for the first two and a bit seasons is devastating to lose. Worked his way into the team, hit a rich vein of form, became absolute imperative to Beale's success which ruined his body during that September/October run.

But what came back from that, is unrecognisable, the injuries and problems that brought you can accept. His attitude at times last season was utterly disgraceful and unforgivable, part of the set that included so many who were prepared to phone it in each week. I've seen plenty of that even in recent matches under Cifiuentes. He needs a new start, he'd given up on us a bit I think.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock on 16:19 - Jul 10 with 2855 viewsNorthernr

All glory be to whatever higher force holds that hamstring onto that femur long long to get it through a medical. #godswork
Willock on 16:22 - Jul 10 with 2802 viewsthehat

I have always been one of Willocks biggest critics yes he had a purple patch of a few months but there was also a hell of a lot of sulking and phoning it in especially under Critchley and Ainsworth.

His work rate off the ball is dreadful most of the time and for a player who obviously has a lot of natural ability his return of goals and assists is well short of where it should be. Add to that he is always only a game away from a 12 game abscence due to his hamstrings.

That said I would of been happy to see him stay and devolp under Marti but he obviously thinks he is better than he is and should be at a bigger club on more money.

Be interesting to see where he ends up and if that is the case.
[Post edited 10 Jul 16:24]
Willock on 16:23 - Jul 10 with 2797 viewssimmo

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya - Simmo 2:14.

Laters Willock.
[Post edited 10 Jul 16:38]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Willock on 16:25 - Jul 10 with 2765 viewsBLACKCAT

I think you might be dark horses this season. How big a part did Willock play in your dramatically improved form once Cifuentes arrived? He was one of your best known players but I'm reading into this thread that he won't be that much of a miss. Am I right to do so?
Willock on 16:31 - Jul 10 with 2640 viewsNorthernr

Willock on 16:25 - Jul 10 by BLACKCAT

I think you might be dark horses this season. How big a part did Willock play in your dramatically improved form once Cifuentes arrived? He was one of your best known players but I'm reading into this thread that he won't be that much of a miss. Am I right to do so?

Ostracised completely by Ainsworth for lousy attitude and non-existent defensive game.

Obvious quick win for Cifuentes to put an arm round him, bring him back in, make him feel special. Responded with three goals in a week in December.

Then returned to being fairly inconsistent, fairly injury prone, and a non-existent defensive game, resulting in Cifuentes spending most of his time on the touchline screaming at him.

Tried to shift him to Hull in January to clear some wage space for somebody who has two working hamstrings and can defend. Hull's interest, like everybody else's prior to yours, lasted only as long as a meeting with the reps/dad and went no further.

Twitter fanclub gave it a lot of 'Willock's back baby' through the second half of the season, in reality he scored one goal in 25 games. Against Rotherham. At home.

Reps/dad have been a pain in the ars from the moment of the original signing right the way through his time here.

Conclusion, you might have a good one (he was unreal when he first signed). Suspect he'll come in and start really well and you'll all lose your minds over him. But you're certainly drastically overpaying, and your physio is likely going to be busy. Countdown to negotiations on renewing this deal start now - don't expect them to go well.
Willock on 16:31 - Jul 10 with 2635 viewsTaffy

From a local journo

Paul Abbandonato
@PaulAbbandonato
·
33m
@CardiffCityFC
deal for Chris Willock is done. Will bring much needed pace to the front line. What a good addition that is to Erol's squad. The first of 5/6 this window
Willock on 16:32 - Jul 10 with 2608 viewskensalriser

Not a particularly big part.

I imagine he'll be much the same at Cardiff - will have some good games and score a few goals but won't be available for every game and will go missing when the going gets tough.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Willock on 16:32 - Jul 10 with 2607 viewsNorthernr

Willock on 16:31 - Jul 10 by Taffy

From a local journo

Paul Abbandonato
@PaulAbbandonato
·
33m
@CardiffCityFC
deal for Chris Willock is done. Will bring much needed pace to the front line. What a good addition that is to Erol's squad. The first of 5/6 this window

Doesn't that guy think everything Cardiff do is brilliant?

Makes the Athletic's Forest coverage look neutral.
Willock on 16:34 - Jul 10 with 2576 viewsbosh67

Chris Willock was a very good player but has been beset by hamstring injuries that made Stephen Hawking look more mobile. It's a shame because for one season he looked as if he would be playing in the top half of the Prem before too long. But since a catalogue of wrecked hamstrings he's only really shown the occasional glimpse of the player he was before. Allegedly Ainsworth sapped any remaining confidence he had out of him but he had a few good outings under Marti. Because of the hamstrings I'd say he is a still a brilliant river dancer, but only from the waist up.
[Post edited 10 Jul 16:34]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Willock on 16:34 - Jul 10 with 2564 views100percent

As most have alluded to in this thread, he was a great player for us before his injury.
Since then - especially under Ainsworth (who actually refused to play him) he has shown very little interest and has had fits and spurts... There's definitely a player in there, but he seems to have a lack of motivation and plays when it suits him, rather than the team. Never tracks back but has that occasional moment of excellence. I've enjoyed watching him in parts, but to be honest, like most on here, I was not that upset he has not re-joined.
I'd have probably been more upset under a different manager, but Cifuentes really has something special going on now...
Willock on 16:37 - Jul 10 with 2511 viewsBLACKCAT

Willock on 16:31 - Jul 10 by Northernr

Ostracised completely by Ainsworth for lousy attitude and non-existent defensive game.

Obvious quick win for Cifuentes to put an arm round him, bring him back in, make him feel special. Responded with three goals in a week in December.

Then returned to being fairly inconsistent, fairly injury prone, and a non-existent defensive game, resulting in Cifuentes spending most of his time on the touchline screaming at him.

Tried to shift him to Hull in January to clear some wage space for somebody who has two working hamstrings and can defend. Hull's interest, like everybody else's prior to yours, lasted only as long as a meeting with the reps/dad and went no further.

Twitter fanclub gave it a lot of 'Willock's back baby' through the second half of the season, in reality he scored one goal in 25 games. Against Rotherham. At home.

Reps/dad have been a pain in the ars from the moment of the original signing right the way through his time here.

Conclusion, you might have a good one (he was unreal when he first signed). Suspect he'll come in and start really well and you'll all lose your minds over him. But you're certainly drastically overpaying, and your physio is likely going to be busy. Countdown to negotiations on renewing this deal start now - don't expect them to go well.

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like he won't be missed. Fortunately he's gone to The Taff and not The Wear.
Willock on 16:41 - Jul 10 with 2443 viewsrbee

Disappointing as on his day Chris is a match winner. However Christian Nourry is spot on with his comments.

You have to be pragmatic when top players leave the club as they can get better deals elsewhere. Many of us were annoyed when Ryan Manning left the club but hasn't he managed his career well. Good luck to him and Chris.

It will be interesting to see how injury free Chris will be this season but I get the feeling that he will struggle without Ben Williams and his team.
Willock on 16:47 - Jul 10 with 2372 viewsStainrod

Highlights reel must make him look Premier League.

Hamstrings more like a plate of last night's spaghetti.

Attitude most commonly found in a correctional institution.

Courage less than that of an Italian tank commander in reverse gear...
Willock on 16:50 - Jul 10 with 2292 viewsBlue_Castello

Willock on 10:42 - Jul 10 by Hayesender

Well he seems to have gone from chatting up Northern lasses in Spain, to now being on holiday in Jamaica. Now, both of these things are perfectly fine and normal for a young lad, but he doesn't seem to be too fcked about staying here or not.

So as Duncan Bannatyne would say, "I'm out".

Well I'm assuming you got that from his Instagram like last time, seems like the deal was concluded in his absence by his Dad no surprise there......
It's all about the money, we move on there's lots of other options out there and plenty who will want to play for the Rs....
Willock on 16:52 - Jul 10 with 2267 viewsLblock

I concur that it feels like the club wanted him gone all along.
When you weigh up pounds out versus return maybe he's not what we need in reality -- great on his day but those days just weren't coming along anymore.

As he's gone to Cardiff I'd say we did give a low ball offer -- probably rightly so.

I have a feeling we may see a loan from the Prem / elsewhere as replacement.
Love to get someone who has a similar impact to that Celtic fella who was on loan at West Brom was it? Micky Johnson I think his name was - scored some net busters and whenever I saw him worked very hard.
Someone of that ilk be superb.

Finally.... Christ on three wheeled bike.. Nourry can write a statement can't he that boy?! Nice

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Willock on 16:52 - Jul 10 with 2261 viewsrbee

Willock on 16:47 - Jul 10 by Stainrod

Highlights reel must make him look Premier League.

Hamstrings more like a plate of last night's spaghetti.

Attitude most commonly found in a correctional institution.

Courage less than that of an Italian tank commander in reverse gear...

I can tell that your bottom lip was trembling as you typed this
Willock on 16:59 - Jul 10 with 2172 viewsLoft1979

Disappointed. Good Luck Chris.

I find myself wanting to say more. After all his 4 years and 20 goals/114 app are a decent output. We have seen far worse.

I do look forward to an editorial from Clive on his (and other player?) departures. I hope that next season we can say that we did upgrade at the RW position.
[Post edited 10 Jul 22:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024