Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock 03:04 - Jul 6 with 37973 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sorry, I'm a little off the pace right now - what's the story with Chrissy?

Is he in Girona?

Moving to Newcastle for 10m or to Sunderland for a bag of sweets?

Knuckling down for a campaign when he and we cream the Champ?

Succinct updates please.

Poll: On the basis of pre-season.the current squad, where will we finish this sea son?

Willock on 20:38 - Jul 11 with 4241 viewsBlackCrowe

I'm a bit sad to see him go tbh. He had a rare 'x' factor, albeit inconsistent in recent seasons, but his plusses just outweighed his minuses.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Willock on 21:45 - Jul 11 with 4011 viewsPaddyhoops

Willock on 09:56 - Jul 11 by dmm

I doubt many if any will follow Willock's career. He's very much in the past now.

The contrast with Eze is stark. I can't remember an ex-Rangers' player who has continued to be so loved as Eze. And I most certainly include myself in that.

Great post . Nailed it.
Willock on 00:49 - Jul 12 with 3592 viewsconnell10

Willock on 17:42 - Jul 10 by nick_hammersmith

he's not the messiah after all, but just the new Wayne Routledge

He couldn't lace Routledges boots mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Willock on 14:25 - Jul 12 with 3132 viewsjohncharles

It’s so long since I saw him play I’ve forgotten if he’s any good 🤔

Strong and stable my arse.

Willock on 14:42 - Jul 12 with 3041 viewssdm1508

Officially at Cardiff now

Obviously to win things
Willock on 14:47 - Jul 12 with 3008 viewsTheChef

Shame he's left but if he's gone to Cardiff then that really shows where he is at (not helped by that hamstring injury).

*inserts JFH quote*

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Willock on 16:16 - Jul 12 with 2749 viewsthompsonridd

Wonder what reception he'll get when Cardiff visit?
Willock on 16:20 - Jul 12 with 2720 viewssaxbend

Willock on 16:16 - Jul 12 by thompsonridd

Assuming he's fit.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock on 16:25 - Jul 12 with 2692 viewsterryb

Willock on 16:16 - Jul 12 by thompsonridd

I wouldn't put too much money on him being in their team come April!
Willock on 16:26 - Jul 12 with 2691 viewsJuzzie

Willock on 16:20 - Jul 12 by saxbend

Assuming he's fit.

He'll probably go in through the front doors and straight to the physio room. Old habits and all that.....
Willock on 16:26 - Jul 12 with 2684 viewsStainrod

Willock on 14:42 - Jul 12 by sdm1508

Obviously to win things

The Division One title the following season?
Willock on 20:26 - Jul 12 with 2284 viewsNoDiddley

Willock on 14:42 - Jul 12 by sdm1508

Obviously to win things

Shades of Richard Langley.
Why the fcuk would this bloke go to Cardiff?
Shag a sheep or be on a large wack of a salary?
Always thought he had a bit of an attitude as I’m better than this lot, well mate you’re find out at Cardiff.
Do one
Willock on 20:35 - Jul 12 with 2251 viewsSonofpugwash

The new Ravel Morrison?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Willock on 21:51 - Jul 12 with 2096 viewscolinallcars

Chris'll be OK, you know what they say, if you want to play Shakespeare you have to start at the Bottom.
Willock on 23:51 - Jul 12 with 1846 viewsSydneyRs

Some Cardiff idiot on Twitter was bragging about how well they'd done to get him from Newcastle 😭
Willock on 06:00 - Jul 13 with 1645 viewsnumptydumpty

For his career, he would have been best to stay.

For his bank balance, for a short period of time, he clearly has made the decision on that basis. Severe lack of footballing ambition.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Willock on 06:54 - Jul 13 with 1568 viewsenfieldargh

Willock on 06:00 - Jul 13 by numptydumpty

For his career, he would have been best to stay.

For his bank balance, for a short period of time, he clearly has made the decision on that basis. Severe lack of footballing ambition.

re-location costs travel to his home in our region seems a bit bonkers.

Cardiff did finish above us (just) so a hefty signing on fee/salary increase is his only motivation as I doubt Cardiff will be the surprise package this season but who knows.

Odd move would have thought a move to a club like Boro would have been his next step.

If he keeps fit and shows some application then its a great signing for them. He played his best football with Eze, Illias around him. Dont know Cardiff's squad much but their direct physical approach last season at LR lacked any flair players from memory

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Willock on 08:32 - Jul 13 with 1335 viewsDraytonR

Willock on 20:26 - Jul 12 by NoDiddley

Shades of Richard Langley.
Why the fcuk would this bloke go to Cardiff?
Shag a sheep or be on a large wack of a salary?
Always thought he had a bit of an attitude as I’m better than this lot, well mate you’re find out at Cardiff.
Do one

You beat me to it , yes sadly alot of potential , but will probably fade into obscurity , and , in my opinion Langley was much much better . I don't think we'll miss him . In Marti we trust !
Willock on 08:47 - Jul 13 with 1263 viewsMungoJezza

Willock on 13:54 - Jul 11 by hantssi

Not at all like Langley!
He never wanted to leave but we had no choice as he was about the only player we had worth any money!
He and Ollie made this VERY clear at the 20th anniversary bash last October.

Yes, you make a valid point that Langers in actual fact did not want to leave whilst Willock has clearly been angling for a move for some time now. However, there are some similarities, not least that they've both ended up at Cardiff having seen their career stall due to serious injury. Like Langers, I doubt that Willock will truly fulfil the undoubted potential that he had. Cardiff have allegedly doubled his wages. Add to that a potentially hefty signing on fee and it's evident that Willock and his representatives are clearly prioritising financial security. Or maybe he feels that he needs a change of scenery to kickstart his career? Sadly, for us, he's another player that we failed to cash in on, and needs replacing - we can't rely solely on Chair and Anderson to provide the main career spark in the team.
Willock on 08:55 - Jul 13 with 1205 viewsgazza1

I don't give 'two hoots' about Willock, if he wants to go then sobeit - he isn't something we cannot replace and replace with a lot less money I would expect.

Not sure what all the 'fuss' is about!!!
Willock on 09:29 - Jul 13 with 1064 viewsjeffranger

Willock on 08:55 - Jul 13 by gazza1

I don't give 'two hoots' about Willock, if he wants to go then sobeit - he isn't something we cannot replace and replace with a lot less money I would expect.

Exactly & should shut this topic down as of no interest now
Willock on 09:33 - Jul 13 with 1051 viewsBlue_Castello

Where exactly are Cardiff getting all their money from, they signed a lot of players last Summer including giving a ridiculously expensive contract to Ramsey who is forever injured.
I havnt noticed them making a big sale in the last couple of years, surely they are pushing FFP to the limits....
[Post edited 13 Jul 9:34]
Willock on 09:40 - Jul 13 with 1002 viewsjohnhoop

Willock on 09:33 - Jul 13 by Blue_Castello

Where exactly are Cardiff getting all their money from, they signed a lot of players last Summer including giving a ridiculously expensive contract to Ramsey who is forever injured.
I havnt noticed them making a big sale in the last couple of years, surely they are pushing FFP to the limits....
[Post edited 13 Jul 9:34]

Sorry just downvoted you in error. In fact I completely agree that the amount of money that Cardiff have to throw around seems pretty inexplicable. Let’s hope it comes back to bite them on the rse.
Willock on 09:51 - Jul 13 with 967 viewsterryb

Willock on 08:55 - Jul 13 by gazza1

Although I didn't completely agree with you at the time gazza, I now think that you were spot on in your assessment of Willock in his first season with us.
Willock on 09:52 - Jul 13 with 960 viewsBklynRanger

Willock on 09:29 - Jul 13 by jeffranger

Exactly & should shut this topic down as of no interest now

People are actually only registering their lack of botheredness - nothing wrong with that I'd say.

It's fizzling out now anyway and the drum beat for a striker will steadily build through the week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024