Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy arrested? 11:41 - May 15 with 29503 viewsTopCat34

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-15/qprs-loic-remy-arrested-on-suspicion-o
Remy arrested? on 22:02 - May 15 with 2009 viewsTearsOfaClown

Remy arrested? on 12:01 - May 15 by QPunkR

Shocking

Obviously I'd rather not believe this, and as pointed out, innocent until proven guilty etc. Can't find any mention of this story anywhere else though

innocent until proven guilty etc

do you just say that because he "plays" for QPR?

Sorry but I feel their is a twisted "loyalty" here.

yes the charge is not proven but the leap to defend some one who wears a shirt with hoops is a bit pathetic.

"rather not believe it" . . unless it was your wife/daughter/ niece eyc.

WTF ARE YOUR PRINCIPLES BASED ON?
Remy arrested? on 22:05 - May 15 with 1994 viewsgazza1

Apparently happened a few days ago....at his own accomodation....with perhaps some drugs involved.....with his mates apparently. Dont sound good if factual.

Remy arrested? on 22:06 - May 15 with 1991 viewsQPR_John

Remy arrested? on 22:02 - May 15 by TearsOfaClown

innocent until proven guilty etc

do you just say that because he "plays" for QPR?

Sorry but I feel their is a twisted "loyalty" here.

yes the charge is not proven but the leap to defend some one who wears a shirt with hoops is a bit pathetic.

"rather not believe it" . . unless it was your wife/daughter/ niece eyc.

WTF ARE YOUR PRINCIPLES BASED ON?

"innocent until proven guilty etc

do you just say that because he "plays" for QPR? "

If you have to ask that you clearly believe their is a situation where innocence has to be proved by the accused. Hate to live in your world

"WTF ARE YOUR PRINCIPLES BASED ON?"

A civilised society
Remy arrested? on 22:06 - May 15 with 1991 viewsCiderwithRsie

Remy arrested? on 21:32 - May 15 by hoopstilidie

"as a side issue if you shag your otherhalf while shes alseepor drunk out of her mind is that rape ? i guess it could be the way things are these days "

Of course it bloody is, sod all to do with "these days" either, if it ain't consensual then it's rape. Simple.

FFS

Couldn't agree more. Why's it so difficult to get?
Remy arrested? on 22:07 - May 15 with 1984 viewsGetMeRangers

Remy arrested? on 20:06 - May 15 by QPR_John

"There is a lot of talk here about people being found innocent. This is not how the law works. The prosecution have to prove guilt "beyond reasonable doubt". Although I grant that there may be some women who falsely accuse others of raping them, they are deterred from going to the police or court as successful prosecutions are rare in this country (perhaps as some of the jury think "what did she expect!!!!!!") "

Forgive me if I have misunderstood but are you suggesting in rape cases the burden of proof for the prosecution should be less than in other cases.

No the burden of proof shouldn't be less, but when it is one persons word against another then it is more difficult for the prosecution to be successful, particularly if the victim is traumatised and not a reassured witness. A defendant who is adamant in his story, whether it is true or not vs a victim who may or may not have been under the influence of drink and slightly hazy about sequence of events can result in a jury feeling that the prosecution has not proved the case beyond reasonable doubt. It is just the way things are and means conviction rates are far lower than perhaps they ought to be
If you add to that, people who have attitudes of how someone dresses or "what was she to expect" sitting on a jury then the prosecutions job is harder. If you read up about it, you will find that it a female jury that is worse than men at condemning a woman by what she wore or who she choose to hang around with. I have had several close friends who have been raped and the ordeal was not only horrendous, but the court case made it worse. None of these women are ones that I could ever believe would make a false accusation, let alone the bruising etc that was inflicted, yet in each case the defendant got off.
For some crimes justice isnt necessarily always done
I am not saying either he or the other two are guilty because they have been arrested for questioning, but the allegations are serious enough and, in the the police view given that they have been detained, sincere enough to warrant further investigation. Even if there is no prosecution or successful prosecution, a 34 year old woman has been through an ordeal that has been, in her mind, equivalent to rape. My hearts sinks ever time I read of such stories, as for each case that goes to the police or courts there are countless others who dont even take their ordeal that far and just live with it, as they know how poor the chances are that the perpetrator will be found guilty
Remy arrested? on 22:08 - May 15 with 1978 viewsWesty75

Remy arrested? on 21:48 - May 15 by HollowayRanger

im sure it happens/happened on many a honeymoon

No doubt, but that doesn't mean that its consensual. The fact that it's unlikely to be reported if in that context is irrelevant. In doing it, you run the risk of a conviction if the other party decides to report you.
Remy arrested? on 22:14 - May 15 with 1954 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 21:16 - May 15 by HollowayRanger

cant see their being a case to answer unless its proven she was drugged otherwise its her word v 3 of them

easy for them to say one of them and her had sex then she agreed to the others joining in only to feel used dirty and ashamed the next day and complain

if however there was date rape drugs in her blood they could well be in massive trouble

as a side issue if you shag your otherhalf while shes alseepor drunk out of her mind is that rape ? i guess it could be the way things are these days

That the final sentence in this post is only the second most incredible post on this thread after the 'what does the stupid woman expect' nonsense, is perhaps the most incredible thing of all.
Feel very, very sorry for your 'other half' if you have one.

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 22:18 - May 15 with 1933 viewsGetMeRangers

Remy arrested? on 22:14 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

That the final sentence in this post is only the second most incredible post on this thread after the 'what does the stupid woman expect' nonsense, is perhaps the most incredible thing of all.

Hear, Hear.
Login to get fewer ads

Remy arrested? on 22:20 - May 15 with 1926 viewsWesty75

Remy arrested? on 22:14 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

To be fair to Holloway, when you consider that rape within a marriage was not comsidered to be a crime until as recently as 1991 its hardly surprising some are still somewhat behind the curve on this issue.
Remy arrested? on 22:23 - May 15 with 1919 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 22:20 - May 15 by Westy75

To be fair to Holloway, when you consider that rape within a marriage was not comsidered to be a crime until as recently as 1991 its hardly surprising some are still somewhat behind the curve on this issue.

I know Westy, but when I left LR on Sunday I caught him burning a poor woman on a bonfire and shouting 'WITCH! WITCH!' at her. There's only so long you can go on claiming you didn't know the law had changed.

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 22:24 - May 15 with 1913 viewsGetMeRangers

Remy arrested? on 22:20 - May 15 by Westy75

But unfortunately they can still be called for jury service.
Remy arrested? on 22:26 - May 15 with 1910 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 22:18 - May 15 by GetMeRangers

Hear, Hear.

I think what I love best is the 'the way things are these days' bit. 'It's not like the old days were the old woman was there to hand wash the clothes while suckling six kids and if her man wanted a blowie, then by jiminy she'd get on her knees and do it! And she'd enjoy it! You didn't hear them complaining then, did you? Knew their place. Course, mine couldn't complain because I used to punch her if she did! Am I right fellas? Eh?!'

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 22:30 - May 15 with 1892 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

You have to have arrests in the public database, otherwise people would be arrested and there'd be no record of it, imagine that...

As for Remy he should be on paid leave now - not 'banned' from playing but 'given a leave of absence to deal with these matters with the lawyers/police etc', I'm sure a decent lawyer could word it better.

Then, if charged he be officially suspended, and convicted then he is fired and PFA or someone reimburse us his value, and QPR do something meaningful in the community to show our disgust and support for such folk.
Remy arrested? on 22:39 - May 15 with 1869 viewsCiderwithRsie

Remy arrested? on 16:57 - May 15 by QPRDave

Surely though a conviction does not , or at least should not depend on how many victims there are. If after a man has been proven guilty others come forward then surely you can put the offender back in the dock?

Sorry Dave, should have replied earlier:

One victim was enough to bring a prosecution and *might* have led to a conviction. But Hall initially denied everything and it might easily have been one word against another. He changed his plea to guilty because dozens of victims came forward and the claim that all of them were malicious liars wouldn't stand up. But none of the other victims had even come forward until Hall was publicly named because they didn't think they would be believed.

If a man is a serial predator - and the Hall and Saville cases show they exist - then the number of victims *does* matter; its part of the pattern of behaviour and it also affects the severity of the sentence.
Remy arrested? on 22:46 - May 15 with 1851 viewsSuffolk

This thread is sickening if only from the point of view that some want to turn it into a witch hunt of those who have posted.
Remy arrested? on 22:49 - May 15 with 1835 viewsgazza1

Remy arrested? on 22:46 - May 15 by Suffolk

This thread is sickening if only from the point of view that some want to turn it into a witch hunt of those who have posted.

take note Antiiiiii
Remy arrested? on 22:52 - May 15 with 1818 viewsNorthernr

Remy arrested? on 21:48 - May 15 by HollowayRanger

im sure it happens/happened on many a honeymoon

Holloway. Shut up please.
Remy arrested? on 23:00 - May 15 with 1789 viewsconnell10

i think everyone should shut the fock up until we know more details, thats what im doing!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Remy arrested? on 23:01 - May 15 with 1777 viewsSuffolk

Remy arrested? on 23:00 - May 15 by connell10

i think everyone should shut the fock up until we know more details, thats what im doing!

+1
Remy arrested? on 23:08 - May 15 with 1751 viewsDylanP

Remy arrested? on 22:46 - May 15 by Suffolk

What does that mean? Genuine question.

Are you concerned about those people who are expressing their disgust at some of the outdated and just flat-out disgusting attitudes? If so, I totally disagree.

When people hold such crap opinions, it is an act of friendship to point out that such opinions should be kept to yourself. Like when your mate has a bit of spinach in their teeth. Do you tell them and risk mementarily embarassing them or do you let them go around looking like an idiot all day? I think it is better to tell them and spare them from looking like an idiot.

Likewise, only through pointing out that "What did she expect?" or "is it rape to have sex with your sleeping wife?" are stupid questions that may imply an outdated and crap view of women, will people learn to clean up their act and reconsider those attitudes. That is what a true friend would do.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Remy arrested? on 23:17 - May 15 with 1725 viewsCHUBBS

Remy arrested? on 23:08 - May 15 by DylanP

What does that mean? Genuine question.

Are you concerned about those people who are expressing their disgust at some of the outdated and just flat-out disgusting attitudes? If so, I totally disagree.

When people hold such crap opinions, it is an act of friendship to point out that such opinions should be kept to yourself. Like when your mate has a bit of spinach in their teeth. Do you tell them and risk mementarily embarassing them or do you let them go around looking like an idiot all day? I think it is better to tell them and spare them from looking like an idiot.

Likewise, only through pointing out that "What did she expect?" or "is it rape to have sex with your sleeping wife?" are stupid questions that may imply an outdated and crap view of women, will people learn to clean up their act and reconsider those attitudes. That is what a true friend would do.

As an act of friendship i'm pointing out that supporting a convicted terrorist who is responsible for the death of 19 whilst maiming another 217 including children is a despicable thing to do!
Who are you to take the moral high ground?
Your full of hypocritical double standards you odious tart.
Remy arrested? on 23:40 - May 15 with 1692 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remy arrested? on 22:49 - May 15 by gazza1

take note Antiiiiii

Can we be clear? I said it was Holloway burning witches, not me. Unless the poster was referring to Holloway, in which case, sorry. But he does burn witches. I saw it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Bare bones.

Remy arrested? on 23:45 - May 15 with 1680 viewsloftboy

To think we turned down signing marlon king because he was a sex pest so we go and alledgedly buy one for 8 million instead!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Remy arrested? on 23:49 - May 15 with 2150 viewsTheBlob

Remy arrested? on 23:45 - May 15 by loftboy

To think we turned down signing marlon king because he was a sex pest so we go and alledgedly buy one for 8 million instead!

Better add "allegedly" to that one mate.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Remy arrested? on 23:50 - May 15 with 2142 viewsHollowayRanger

Remy arrested? on 22:23 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

I know Westy, but when I left LR on Sunday I caught him burning a poor woman on a bonfire and shouting 'WITCH! WITCH!' at her. There's only so long you can go on claiming you didn't know the law had changed.

OK

what is it then when you wake up to find your better half having a right old nosh on your old togger!

dial 999!!!!! or lay back and enjoy!

ive never shagged a sleeping woman let alone a drunk one ,had the chance many a time but nearest ive come was putting her to bed while i slept in the arm chair then gave her £20 for a cab in the morning

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024