Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy arrested? 11:41 - May 15 with 29360 viewsTopCat34

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-05-15/qprs-loic-remy-arrested-on-suspicion-o
Remy arrested? on 12:53 - May 15 with 2410 viewsCliff

Remy arrested? on 11:56 - May 15 by thame_hoops

innocent till proven guilty chaps, give him a break

Agrees innocent until proven guilty, but....

Is that going to be the attitude of potential buyers? wondering if their new acquisition is going to unavailable whilst he pays any possible debt to society? I think this will inevitably reduce his value and the number of potential buyers
Remy arrested? on 12:55 - May 15 with 2389 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Innocent or guilty, we are now involved in a very serious and sh*t situation.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Remy arrested? on 12:55 - May 15 with 2384 viewsdaveB

Remy arrested? on 12:53 - May 15 by Cliff

Agrees innocent until proven guilty, but....

Is that going to be the attitude of potential buyers? wondering if their new acquisition is going to unavailable whilst he pays any possible debt to society? I think this will inevitably reduce his value and the number of potential buyers

if he gets charged he'll be staying with us, if not then he's innocent so can go where he lives, probably a bit too early to speculate
Remy arrested? on 12:57 - May 15 with 2375 viewsTGRRRSSS

If it was Boswanker, we'd all be demanding instant execution.
Remy arrested? on 12:59 - May 15 with 2338 viewsLblock

Random woman arrives at footballers pad in Fulham on a Wednesday evening

Isnt expecting two other geezers there

Drinking commences

The mind boggles.....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Remy arrested? on 13:02 - May 15 with 2307 viewsCliff

Remy arrested? on 12:40 - May 15 by Gloucs_R

drugged?

I presume he is referring to the line :

" The woman was offered a drink and allegedly lost consciousness afterwards"

in the original report.
Remy arrested? on 13:02 - May 15 with 2309 viewsNorthernr

Club statement....

A QPR Spokesperson said:
‘The club is aware of the allegations regarding Loic Remy, but due to police investigations is unable to comment.’
Remy arrested? on 13:02 - May 15 with 2308 viewsdaveB

Remy arrested? on 12:57 - May 15 by TGRRRSSS

i'd like to think I'd still feel the same regardless of who it is, always worth waiting to see what the facts are rather than the tabloid headlines
Login to get fewer ads

Remy arrested? on 13:03 - May 15 with 2303 viewsrobith

Whilst yes, he is innocent until proven guilty, the amount of false accusation in rape cases are a minutely small percentage. Of that percentage half of the incorrect accusations are when the case has been refered to the police by someone other than the victim. It actually takes tremendous courage to report rape in this country because our handling of it is to be frank a national shame.

Agree totally with Clive. Suspend immediately
Remy arrested? on 13:03 - May 15 with 2296 viewsTGRRRSSS

Tounge was firmly in cheek
Remy arrested? on 13:05 - May 15 with 2266 viewsdaveB

Remy arrested? on 13:03 - May 15 by robith

Whilst yes, he is innocent until proven guilty, the amount of false accusation in rape cases are a minutely small percentage. Of that percentage half of the incorrect accusations are when the case has been refered to the police by someone other than the victim. It actually takes tremendous courage to report rape in this country because our handling of it is to be frank a national shame.

Agree totally with Clive. Suspend immediately

you can't suspend someone if they haven't even been charged with something, the club are best off taking a step back and waiting
Remy arrested? on 13:06 - May 15 with 2249 viewsCliff

Remy arrested? on 12:59 - May 15 by Lblock

Random woman arrives at footballers pad in Fulham on a Wednesday evening

Isnt expecting two other geezers there

Drinking commences

The mind boggles.....

If you are trying to say she got what she deserves you are way off the mark.

We don't know what happened, but nobody deserves being raped no matter who they get pissed with.
Remy arrested? on 13:06 - May 15 with 2248 viewsNorthernr

Remy arrested? on 13:05 - May 15 by daveB

you can't suspend someone if they haven't even been charged with something, the club are best off taking a step back and waiting

He shouldn't play on Sunday while we wait and see if he's charged. If he is charged he should be suspended.
Remy arrested? on 13:07 - May 15 with 2238 viewswaveydave

Remy arrested? on 12:42 - May 15 by Northernr

He shouldn't play for us until the investigation is over. If he's charged he should be suspended without pay. If he's found guilty he should be sacked immediately. If he's found innocent he should receive his back pay and the suspension should end.

Please, please, please let's not fall into the fcking Liverpool and Chelsea trap of standing by our man and hiding behind 'innocent until proven guilty' simply because he's a good footballer and a sellable asset. He should not play for us at all until this is sorted one way or another.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

This should be the actions of the club.

However personally I will not be hating on him yet, until he is found guilty. How many times have big namefootballers been accused of rape and been proven innocent? i.e. van persie iirc
Remy arrested? on 13:15 - May 15 with 2164 viewsJigsore

In other news, Harry might actually be forced to pick a player we're going to have next year. How mad is that?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Remy arrested? on 13:20 - May 15 with 2123 viewsQPunkR

Remy arrested? on 12:57 - May 15 by TGRRRSSS

Can't we just have that cúnt executed anyway? Pretty please??

QPR - "shit but local"

Remy arrested? on 13:21 - May 15 with 2114 viewsCliff

I don't think you can suspend anyone without pay in these cases as that would appear to prejudge their guilt.
Remy arrested? on 13:29 - May 15 with 2040 viewsNorthernr

Remy arrested? on 13:21 - May 15 by Cliff

I don't think you can suspend anyone without pay in these cases as that would appear to prejudge their guilt.

Well a suspension then, if charged. Either way he should not play until it's all over IMO.
Remy arrested? on 13:33 - May 15 with 2005 viewsPhilmyRs

Remy arrested? on 12:42 - May 15 by Northernr

He shouldn't play for us until the investigation is over. If he's charged he should be suspended without pay. If he's found guilty he should be sacked immediately. If he's found innocent he should receive his back pay and the suspension should end.

Please, please, please let's not fall into the fcking Liverpool and Chelsea trap of standing by our man and hiding behind 'innocent until proven guilty' simply because he's a good footballer and a sellable asset. He should not play for us at all until this is sorted one way or another.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Had a win at Liverpool been enough to secure promotion would you have argued for the same course of action? Right now we have nothing to play and so if charged, suspension is the honourable thing to do. However, I wonder what the general vibe would be if we could still stay up and our best player was accussed of rape. Would we all be so self-righteous in how we should act?

If I’m honest I’m not sure where I stand on this. If guilty the guy should be sacked by the club and punished by the law. Whilst not charged however, and in theory hasn’t committed a crime, is it right that we stop him from working?
Remy arrested? on 13:35 - May 15 with 1989 viewsQPRDave

The law should be changed anonymous until proven guilty....
Remy arrested? on 13:36 - May 15 with 1977 viewsToast_R

Can this season possibly get any more chaotic?

I just want to forget football now until August, the whole thing is just out of control.
Remy arrested? on 13:38 - May 15 with 1968 viewssimmo

I have said it before and I will say it again -

QPR - Never more than a few weeks away from another farce.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Remy arrested? on 13:38 - May 15 with 1963 viewsNorthernr

Remy arrested? on 13:33 - May 15 by PhilmyRs

Had a win at Liverpool been enough to secure promotion would you have argued for the same course of action? Right now we have nothing to play and so if charged, suspension is the honourable thing to do. However, I wonder what the general vibe would be if we could still stay up and our best player was accussed of rape. Would we all be so self-righteous in how we should act?

If I’m honest I’m not sure where I stand on this. If guilty the guy should be sacked by the club and punished by the law. Whilst not charged however, and in theory hasn’t committed a crime, is it right that we stop him from working?

I'd like to think and hope that I'd have said the same. I said the same about us trying to sign Marlon King when that was suggested, and we did need a centre forward at that point.

I just find it pretty sick that Liverpool and Chelsea both pretty much let Terry and Suarez do whatever they like with no recriminations simply because they're valuable assets and good players. There is more to life than football at the end of the day.
Remy arrested? on 13:38 - May 15 with 1960 viewsBAWHoops

When Forbes was done for the same thing in 2004 he didn't play another game that season and was released at the end of the season. We then re-signed him whne the allegations were dropped

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Remy arrested? on 13:39 - May 15 with 2384 viewsNorthernr

Remy arrested? on 13:35 - May 15 by QPRDave

The law should be changed anonymous until proven guilty....

I do agree with that. People still sing the stuff at RVP and he was found innocent IIRC.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024