Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kolli online abuse 14:15 - Aug 7 with 22571 viewsRangersw12

What's a matter with people FFS

Kolli online abuse on 20:53 - Aug 7 with 2949 viewsFDC

Kolli online abuse on 17:02 - Aug 7 by SheffieldHoop

When I go on holiday - I don't leave all my windows and doors open, and then return home to a ransacked house saying "What the fck, man!"

I take sensible precautions to protect me from this type of crime. Partly because that's my responsibility as an adult, but also partly because I know the police don't give a fck.

Perhaps footballers who can't take reading criticism/abuse should do the same?

Jesus wept. I see we're doing the It's OK Actually take on a 19 year old rangers player getting called a terrorist sympathiser for the crime of being Muslim. Wonderful.

oooh who’s an edgy boy? who’s an edgy boy hey?! yes you are! oooh what an edgy boy

[Post edited 7 Aug 21:00]
Kolli online abuse on 21:17 - Aug 7 with 2758 viewsGaryT

Our species has succeeded because we live as a society, the definition of which is “an enduring and cooperating social group whose members have developed organized patterns of relationships through interaction with one another”. Some people don't feel the need to follow this convention and have decided that if they want to be openly racist, sexist and homophobic (to name a few), they will be. How this anti social behaviour is dealt with differs from country to country. Some call it “freedom of speech” and others call it “hate crimes” but the underlying message is that, whether what you are saying is legal or not, you are still an arsehole.

It's up to civilised societies not to tolerate anti social behaviour and the first step in doing that is to call it out. That does not mean turning the other cheek, ignoring it or turning it off. A bully, racist, sexist or homophobe that gets away with their behaviour feels empowered to do it again and worse than before.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”.
Kolli online abuse on 21:23 - Aug 7 with 2722 viewsPhildo

Kolli online abuse on 21:17 - Aug 7 by GaryT

Our species has succeeded because we live as a society, the definition of which is “an enduring and cooperating social group whose members have developed organized patterns of relationships through interaction with one another”. Some people don't feel the need to follow this convention and have decided that if they want to be openly racist, sexist and homophobic (to name a few), they will be. How this anti social behaviour is dealt with differs from country to country. Some call it “freedom of speech” and others call it “hate crimes” but the underlying message is that, whether what you are saying is legal or not, you are still an arsehole.

It's up to civilised societies not to tolerate anti social behaviour and the first step in doing that is to call it out. That does not mean turning the other cheek, ignoring it or turning it off. A bully, racist, sexist or homophobe that gets away with their behaviour feels empowered to do it again and worse than before.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”.

Very true. But the ignore thread thing on here was very welcome over the summer.
Kolli online abuse on 21:41 - Aug 7 with 2620 viewsLblock

Kolli online abuse on 21:17 - Aug 7 by GaryT

You think our species has succeeded?

No chance

I think we’re fcukd
The extremists on all sides are winning because as a species we are so reactionary and easily manipulated

It’s like we’ve gone back to medieval times with modern day witchcraft baying mobs on all sides

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Kolli online abuse on 22:01 - Aug 7 with 2499 viewskensalriser

Kolli online abuse on 18:12 - Aug 7 by dmm

I have to say I agree that those on social media who post contrary, attention seeking comments should be ignored. And that goes for here too.

Absolutely. There's nothing to be gained by interacting with fanatics on the internet, the only result is to give them further opportunity to spew up their filth.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Kolli online abuse on 22:12 - Aug 7 with 2379 viewsSheffieldHoop

Kolli online abuse on 20:53 - Aug 7 by FDC

Jesus wept. I see we're doing the It's OK Actually take on a 19 year old rangers player getting called a terrorist sympathiser for the crime of being Muslim. Wonderful.

oooh who’s an edgy boy? who’s an edgy boy hey?! yes you are! oooh what an edgy boy

[Post edited 7 Aug 21:00]

Ohhhh spicy. Is that what he was called, and for that reason? Are you sure? Shame it wasn't posted on here for us to see. Just a load of people bizarrely calling him Black?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Kolli online abuse on 22:15 - Aug 7 with 2366 viewsSheffieldHoop

Kolli online abuse on 19:18 - Aug 7 by queensparker

For some reason I'm being reminded of this

Improve society by going after children and/or drug addicts (We're not sure yet) shitposting on social media? Is that really the biggest concern in society right now?

I just find it utterly pathetic. Sorry.

Kolli online abuse on 22:33 - Aug 7 with 2342 viewsqueensparker

Kolli online abuse on 22:15 - Aug 7 by SheffieldHoop

Improve society by going after children and/or drug addicts (We're not sure yet) shitposting on social media? Is that really the biggest concern in society right now?

I just find it utterly pathetic. Sorry.

Someone posts unwarranted racist abuse at Ryan Kolli. Completely out of order

Your defence over hundreds of words is “that’s our society right now, he should just ignore it”

I find that stance remarkable
Login to get fewer ads

Kolli online abuse on 22:35 - Aug 7 with 2263 viewsSheffieldHoop

Kolli online abuse on 22:33 - Aug 7 by queensparker

Someone posts unwarranted racist abuse at Ryan Kolli. Completely out of order

Your defence over hundreds of words is “that’s our society right now, he should just ignore it”

I find that stance remarkable

Isn't that precisely what society tells us to do? Just ignore it?

I don't believe Rayan Kolli or his father have any legitimate concerns because some child/drug addict called "QPR Xans" baselessly called Rayan a "terrorist sympathizer" on a social media post. I just don't. Sorry.
[Post edited 7 Aug 22:44]

Kolli online abuse on 22:52 - Aug 7 with 2229 viewsqueensparker

Kolli online abuse on 22:35 - Aug 7 by SheffieldHoop

Isn't that precisely what society tells us to do? Just ignore it?

I don't believe Rayan Kolli or his father have any legitimate concerns because some child/drug addict called "QPR Xans" baselessly called Rayan a "terrorist sympathizer" on a social media post. I just don't. Sorry.
[Post edited 7 Aug 22:44]

Go and read Dorse’s post on page one
Kolli online abuse on 22:55 - Aug 7 with 2215 viewssaxbend

Kolli online abuse on 22:12 - Aug 7 by SheffieldHoop

Ohhhh spicy. Is that what he was called, and for that reason? Are you sure? Shame it wasn't posted on here for us to see. Just a load of people bizarrely calling him Black?

It might be that black people have a valid reason to distinguish between whatever words accurately describe Rayan Kolli and the racial category known as black. If they choose to offer an explanation of that reason, then the least we can do is listen. But, naive as it may be, I can't help feeling that telling someone who already gets a lot of people pointing out to him that he isn't white, also isn't black, isn't exactly the most constructive choice one can make.

That said, I could, should and will apply the same reasoning and lead myself to the conclusion that we can just easily treat Kolli like a white person, not least of all because we should be treating everyone the fûcking same anyway.
Kolli online abuse on 22:58 - Aug 7 with 2139 viewsSheffieldHoop

Kolli online abuse on 22:52 - Aug 7 by queensparker

Go and read Dorse’s post on page one

Yeah, very sad, I'm all for parental control. Has nothing to do with anything I've said.

Kolli online abuse on 23:00 - Aug 7 with 2183 viewsCiderwithRsie

This is one of those weird threads where there is

- an OP referring to something offensive which seems to be mercifully blanked out; and
- loads of people calling out a poster who I'm ignoring. That seems to have been the wise decision.

The rest of you seem to be doing a decent job.
Kolli online abuse on 23:00 - Aug 7 with 2182 viewsqueensparker

Kolli online abuse on 22:58 - Aug 7 by SheffieldHoop

Yeah, very sad, I'm all for parental control. Has nothing to do with anything I've said.

Night night
Kolli online abuse on 23:03 - Aug 7 with 2151 viewsnix

Kolli online abuse on 17:53 - Aug 7 by SheffieldHoop

Not really. I can just lock my door when I go out. It's a really quick, simple, and effective way to minimise the risk of being burgled.

Rayan Kolli could lock his social media if he wants. He can log out of it. He can simply look at other pages on social media instead. Loads of quick and effective ways to avoid being harmed by the abusive words on social media.
[Post edited 7 Aug 17:56]

It's not like that at all. A better analogy would be that you can't invite anyone around your house ever in case someone just happens to be a serial killer.

Young people use social media. It keeps them connected to their friends and wider friendship groups. It's not like being in your 30s and 40s.

By the way disagreeing with someone is not trolling. Being controversial for the sake of it goes dangerously close. People have literally died because they've been bullied on-line. No-one should have to put up with it and blaming the victims is shitty.
Kolli online abuse on 23:54 - Aug 7 with 1964 viewsnumptydumpty

i saw on the news today, an idea to switch off social media, so to achieve a shut down of the organisation of rioting.

To me, a forum such as this could also be categorised as social media.

Any techies on here that would know how to close all possible social media sites accessible.

Sounds like a huge undertaking to me.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Kolli online abuse on 00:21 - Aug 8 with 1891 viewsE17hoop

Kolli online abuse on 23:00 - Aug 7 by CiderwithRsie

- an OP referring to something offensive which seems to be mercifully blanked out; and
- loads of people calling out a poster who I'm ignoring. That seems to have been the wise decision.

I logged out - saw who was posting, and logged back in. It makes for a much better LFW experience, ignoring people posting bóllocks.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Kolli online abuse on 00:33 - Aug 8 with 1855 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Kolli online abuse on 19:43 - Aug 7 by LazyFan

It's up to Kolli how he defines himself.

By the way, did you know that Trump has only recently become Orange?
I remember a time when he said he was just tanned like anyone else.

But to win favour with his base, he started saying he was of Orange descent.
He recently claimed he has always been His Orangness.

Well, that's up to him. I respect whether he wants to be Orange or not, but I would point out that he's only recently decided he's Orange, as he has not always claimed that.

You know, just asking innocent questions.

"It's up to Kolli how he defines himself."

He was born in England and is of Algerian descent. He's Arab.
Kolli online abuse on 00:38 - Aug 8 with 1855 viewsrobith

Man, I accidentally read this thread without being logged in.

Logs in

Ahhhh, that's better. There are people you disagree with, and there are bad faith actors. The skill is threading the needle
[Post edited 8 Aug 0:38]
Kolli online abuse on 00:56 - Aug 8 with 1815 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Kolli online abuse on 22:55 - Aug 7 by saxbend

It might be that black people have a valid reason to distinguish between whatever words accurately describe Rayan Kolli and the racial category known as black. If they choose to offer an explanation of that reason, then the least we can do is listen. But, naive as it may be, I can't help feeling that telling someone who already gets a lot of people pointing out to him that he isn't white, also isn't black, isn't exactly the most constructive choice one can make.

That said, I could, should and will apply the same reasoning and lead myself to the conclusion that we can just easily treat Kolli like a white person, not least of all because we should be treating everyone the fûcking same anyway.

That's some weird logic, fella. You're unnecessarily overcomplicating matters and getting yourself into a twist on a topic you evidently know little about (and by your own reasoning, aren't qualified to speak on).

It's really quite simple. The lad was born in England but is of Algerian descent. Much like the vast majority of Algerians, he is Arab and their language is Arabic. Not everything is simply black or white. I should know; I have more races than Nascar.

That all being said, racism of any form is deplorable and those responsible for the abuse should face the appropriate consequences.
Kolli online abuse on 02:24 - Aug 8 with 1779 viewssaxbend

Logic has nothing to do with it. I thought that would be obvious.
Kolli online abuse on 03:08 - Aug 8 with 1765 viewsSydneyRs

Honestly, a lot of people blaming Farage etc for stoking this which is fair enough to a degree. But worse are certain media outlets and so called newspapers who've spent many years deliberately and carefully trying to create division and of course keep their owners rich and powerful.

With all this going on its hardly surprising that certain morons will take the opportunity to get out looking for trouble and rob cheap trash from shops etc. Just look at the people you see in the online clips, hardly the types that would have ever passed many tests at school. No hopers with miserable lives whose problems are always somebody else's fault. This facebook clown will be cut from the same cloth. But apparently they're just trying to protect a "way of life" as if any normal person would want their way of life.

Some of them were crying in court recently. Absolute melts. I actually feel a bit sorry for them as they don't have the ability to see they're being played. Farage will get richer, "Tommy" will take his family on holidays more often, Rupert will control most of the media and they'll have a poverty stricken life in and out of prison.
[Post edited 8 Aug 3:19]
Kolli online abuse on 03:17 - Aug 8 with 1762 viewsSydneyRs

Kolli online abuse on 23:00 - Aug 7 by CiderwithRsie

I'm also ignoring him. I wonder if anyone on here has met the guy and how they found him to be in person?

Its one thing having right leaning views, but it seems nothing is too far for this person to defend.
[Post edited 8 Aug 6:35]
Kolli online abuse on 05:35 - Aug 8 with 1651 viewsGloucs_R

Anonymous social media needs to be banned.

Personally preferred Facebook to X but that seems to be dying.

Appreciate I am posting this as Gloucester R!

Last night is another reason why social needs to change (and also the media).

I prefer the old days ☹️

Poll: Are we staying up?

Kolli online abuse on 07:21 - Aug 8 with 1465 viewsNorthernr

Kolli online abuse on 23:03 - Aug 7 by nix

It's not like that at all. A better analogy would be that you can't invite anyone around your house ever in case someone just happens to be a serial killer.

Young people use social media. It keeps them connected to their friends and wider friendship groups. It's not like being in your 30s and 40s.

By the way disagreeing with someone is not trolling. Being controversial for the sake of it goes dangerously close. People have literally died because they've been bullied on-line. No-one should have to put up with it and blaming the victims is shitty.

This is a good point which gets missed by the 'just delete it then' argument.

I had a conversation with Les Ferdinand after an interview with him where I said I thought footballers with social media were mad, I wouldn't go within 1000 feet of it if I was them, and they should just delete it.

He said he agreed, hates social media, doesn't use it himself, but...

He then said, 'if I told you to delete your WhatsApp, what would you say?' Now, as a 39-year-old bloke my life basically revolves around bloody WhatsApp. I've got two groups of QPR fans on there, all ticket and train booking is done through it and pub meets. I've got one for my team at work, and a broader company one. I've got one for my family, and one with my partner's family. I've got one for my Monday night football and another for my Wednesday team. Every new bloody wedding, birthday, day out gets a new group. If I were to delete it things would be logistically very different.

Les then points out these young lads aren't on Snap, Insta or whatever it is just to post video of their mega trix and "we go again" posts after we lose, it's how they communicate - with their friends, team mates, family.

They should be entitled to do that without some horrid little cnt sliding into their DMs with vile sht like this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024