Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . 14:30 - May 27 with 10176 viewsJonDoeman

Stoke City hope to discover on Monday whether Mark Hughes is willing to make a return to management at the Britannia Stadium, ESPN understands http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1461224/stoke-city-waiting-mark-hughes-make-de

It Is What It Is !!

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 22:13 - May 29 with 1413 viewsimustbemad

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:27 - May 29 by TW_R

"He made shambolic decisions while at QPR but was encouraged by our inept chairman/COE."

What a load of bollocks. He made shambolic decisions full stop. Not just in his choice of player, but in the way he decided to play them and the way he decided to change the team week in week out.

It amazes me how most supporters attach all the blame to MH. Simply not true. We are shambolicly run football club and his reign was a symptom of the problem not the root cause
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 22:30 - May 29 with 1379 viewsNorthernr

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 22:13 - May 29 by imustbemad

It amazes me how most supporters attach all the blame to MH. Simply not true. We are shambolicly run football club and his reign was a symptom of the problem not the root cause

I suspect there's a degree of truth in both your points.

In favour of what imustbemad is saying...

QPR is not set up to succeed - infrastructure, facilities, youth, scouting, boardroom knowledge, ethos, attitude, ambition. What we should have done is get all of the hardware right (training ground, youth academy, scouting set up) when briatore took over and built on solid foundations. We should have had a clear policy on how we appoint managers, how we play our football, how we scout our players and what sort of players we sign. Swansea, Norwich, West Brom all clubs of our size are outperforming us by doing this. Instead what we've done all along is try to solve every problem by signing three more players and once 15 players have been signed and the results are still poor the manager has been sacked.

But, in favour of TW_R, it's not an impossible job. Neil Warnock got hold of it at its lowest ebb and succeeded - given that he never got Palace up and he didn't do much good with Leeds who both have better facilities, infrastructure, youth set ups etc it's not that difficult. Hughes did a truly awful job with us.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 22:39 - May 29 with 1360 viewsdaveB

Hughes had the chance to put all the infrastructure into place, it's easy to blame the board for certain signings and they did get it wrong, they do at least admit to it. It was one man and one man alones decision to sign so many midfield players suited to a 4-2-3-1 and strikers who could only play in a 4-4-2 then wonder why it didn't work, one man chose a 25 man squad with only 3 strikers and one man pleased 4 centre halves and replaced them with a midfielder who didn't want to play centre half.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 22:47 - May 29 with 1351 viewsimustbemad

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 22:39 - May 29 by daveB

Hughes had the chance to put all the infrastructure into place, it's easy to blame the board for certain signings and they did get it wrong, they do at least admit to it. It was one man and one man alones decision to sign so many midfield players suited to a 4-2-3-1 and strikers who could only play in a 4-4-2 then wonder why it didn't work, one man chose a 25 man squad with only 3 strikers and one man pleased 4 centre halves and replaced them with a midfielder who didn't want to play centre half.

If we had stronger owner's or one's who knew the hell what they were doing it would never have happened or allowed to do it. MH deserves his fair share of blame but most people are blinkered when it comes to what's really wrong.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 23:08 - May 29 with 1327 viewsLblock

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 22:47 - May 29 by imustbemad

If we had stronger owner's or one's who knew the hell what they were doing it would never have happened or allowed to do it. MH deserves his fair share of blame but most people are blinkered when it comes to what's really wrong.

I agree TF and all are culpable

Appointing your mates is NOT an infrastructure

But then he was allowed to do it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 23:24 - May 29 with 1312 viewsTheBlob

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 22:13 - May 29 by imustbemad

"Ach ja,I vos only obeying orders look you" ?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 23:46 - May 29 with 1284 viewsdaveB

not blinkered at all but no manager has had as much power in recent years as Hughes and he did a dreadful job

we'll see this summer if Fernandes and co are genuine when they talk about learning or if they really are the problem
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 07:13 - May 30 with 1226 viewsDesertBoot

Looks like the interviews went well, Hughes has appointed himself Stoke manager.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 07:20 - May 30 with 1211 viewsCHUBBS

Managers generally return to former clubs for players they know/trust but on this occasion Hughes would have to be certifiably insane to even consider it.
Here's hoping though.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 07:41 - May 30 with 1198 viewsclassof93

Now confirmed......lucky Stoke
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 07:50 - May 30 with 1179 viewsscot1963

Jesus wept and god rest their souls. I've known people who are useless in the work place who bullsh1te their way through and big themselves up, managing in the process to pull the wool over (some) others' eyes but this was all in the public eye for god's sake. On a positive note, there is someone at work who supports Stoke and I can take the p1ss
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 08:20 - May 30 with 1125 viewsNeil_SI

I would like to think this appointment is good news for us, usually when a manager is sacked, they end up in a long dispute and settlement about their pay off, and until that's resolved, they usually cannot manage another side.

So hopefully he's come to an agreement with the club and hopefully they've found some middle ground, and we've not had to pay out everything and saved a little on what we could and should have paid by terms of contract.

It's history now though, we need to move on and forget about Mark Hughes. The longer we keep blaming him for everything the easier it is for us to become blinded by all the other mistakes the club has made and not solve them.

Time to focus on the job in hand, what needs to be done, and sort it out.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 08:25 - May 30 with 1114 viewsactonman

Now if there's any justice or calma in this world, Hughes will take those inbred freaks straight down !
Unfortunately there isn't so I expect him to do well
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 08:25 - May 30 with 1112 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Sods law he will do really well for them
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 08:37 - May 30 with 1076 viewsngbqpr

At the (ahem) 'presser', there will surely be several questions about 'what went wrong at QPR'...be interesting to see how Mr Stonewall stonewalls them...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 08:48 - May 30 with 1052 viewsrichranger

Well, at least it gets Hughes off the payroll - we still hadn't come to a financial settlement with him. Even better if he takes his normal backroom staff with him.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 08:50 - May 30 with 1045 viewsrichranger

Best joke of the day - Sjoke's chairman on Hughes.

"His record speaks for itself. He has done excellently by anyone's standards.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 08:52 - May 30 with 1036 viewsA40Bosh

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 08:50 - May 30 by richranger

Hughes has obviously mastered the art of the Jedi mind trick
"Hire me you will"

I can't wait for his first training session with the Stoke first team squad on July 1st!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 09:02 - May 30 with 1012 viewsJamie

Gerry Francis has left Stoke it would appear
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 09:14 - May 30 with 994 viewsTheBlob

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 08:50 - May 30 by richranger

The "standards" obviously being.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 09:17 - May 30 with 984 viewshoopsa07

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 08:25 - May 30 by Orthodox_Hoop

Sods law he will do really well for them

And he'll still be a miserable git
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 09:24 - May 30 with 969 viewsKonk

I actually think Hughes will do okay with Stoke as long as they don’t let him go nuts on the spending front and he remembers what he did well at Blackburn and to a lesser extent, at Fulham. He wants to forget all ideas of assembling a Champions League Veterans All-Star XI and learn some humility. I reckon he’ll have them mid-table, which is where I’d expect them to be with pretty much any new coach and a few bob to spend. Meanwhile, good news on the unemployment figures for Wales, with at least eighteen of his entourage guaranteed to be joining him at Stoke.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 09:33 - May 30 with 958 viewssimmo

NothernApe
4 MINUTES AGO
Well done Stoke City. Hughes is the right man to take them forward. He has built a very solid reputation over the years and taken mediocre clubs to exceptional levels. I look forward to seeing Stoke compete for silverware next season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 10:59 - May 30 with 914 viewsJonDoeman

http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-news-live-stream.php

Press conference at 11, if anyone's interested! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 11:02 - May 30 with 915 viewsTW_R

But isn't that why MH was employed. Because he apparently knew what he was doing from a footballing perspective? Wasn't it his job to build the infrastructure etc as well as a first team.

To keep blaming the owners for backing their manager in building, from what they were being told, a solid Premiership team, is just bizarre. They did it in good faith. I agree that the club has been run poorly for years, but I think TF believed in Hughes' own hype and that he was the right man to take the club forward in all areas, not just on the pitch. You could argue he didn't get enough time to implement everything, which is fair enough, but in the end he couldn't win a game of football, which is what all managers are ultimately measured on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024