Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . 14:30 - May 27 with 10178 viewsJonDoeman

Stoke City hope to discover on Monday whether Mark Hughes is willing to make a return to management at the Britannia Stadium, ESPN understands http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1461224/stoke-city-waiting-mark-hughes-make-de

It Is What It Is !!

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 12:21 - May 29 with 1310 viewsQPR_Jim

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 12:01 - May 29 by TW_R

Exactly. It's not a loan deal. The bloke has a new job, with new employers. Surely not even we're stupid enough to have written a contract that says "look, if you're crap and we fire you, we'll still pay you when you get another job"!!?

That's what I'm hoping but my nagging feeling is he's getting the Stoke job for the same reason Paul Hart gets work, because he's cheap. So I wanted to see if there was any chance we could end up subsidising his wages at Stoke. Lets face it, it's a very QPR situation to end up in.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 13:07 - May 29 with 1234 viewsadhoc_qpr

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 12:21 - May 29 by QPR_Jim

That's what I'm hoping but my nagging feeling is he's getting the Stoke job for the same reason Paul Hart gets work, because he's cheap. So I wanted to see if there was any chance we could end up subsidising his wages at Stoke. Lets face it, it's a very QPR situation to end up in.

I can't believe that would be the case - we are paying him still to honour a contract we gave him to be employed as our Manager, if he's managing Stoke he is unable to honour that contract even if we wanted him too - so why should we pay him another penny?

It's his choice to take on another job rather than sit and collect our money for another 2 years - why should we compensate him for that?
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 15:23 - May 29 with 1144 viewsRed_Ranger

BBC now saying nailed on - appointed by end of week!!!
strange sheeee-at happens.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 15:28 - May 29 with 1131 viewsbillericaydicky

I just have a feeling that Hughes will suddenly do well at Stoke. It's the curse that is QPR that did for him last time...
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 15:37 - May 29 with 1113 viewsdaveB

He'll be fine at Stoke as nothing needs to be done, it's an easy job they are a fine mid table side, add 2 or 3 into the squad and they'll stay up again without a problem, it's when he needs to do something that problems occur.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 15:41 - May 29 with 1108 viewstoboboly

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 15:37 - May 29 by daveB

He'll be fine at Stoke as nothing needs to be done, it's an easy job they are a fine mid table side, add 2 or 3 into the squad and they'll stay up again without a problem, it's when he needs to do something that problems occur.

You say that but he managed to ruin the few who kept us up (Mackie/Cisse - Zamora partnership/left Clint at LB). The guy is certifiable when it comes to management and the less said about the whole "we didn't coach the players in defence" the better.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 15:48 - May 29 with 1089 viewsdaveB

true he did make a mess of it and I think he's a poor manager based on what he did with us but this is a simialr job to Fulham where he will have to go some to get them relegated
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 15:49 - May 29 with 1087 viewsTW_R

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 15:37 - May 29 by daveB

But I thought the point of getting rid of Pulis was to change the style of football they currently play? If that's the case, there aren't that many players in that squad that will cope with attempting to play in a different way. They've managed to win games based on physicality and forgoing the need for a midfield by by-passing them completely.

I wonder if Hughes will want Granero, Mbia and Diakite. £50 million for the lot.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:00 - May 29 with 1068 viewsqprcanadabc

wouldn't it be nice if we draw Stoke at Loftus Road in the League cup? 90 mins of him standing on the sidelines :) let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:01 - May 29 with 1065 viewsdaveB

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 15:49 - May 29 by TW_R

But I thought the point of getting rid of Pulis was to change the style of football they currently play? If that's the case, there aren't that many players in that squad that will cope with attempting to play in a different way. They've managed to win games based on physicality and forgoing the need for a midfield by by-passing them completely.

I wonder if Hughes will want Granero, Mbia and Diakite. £50 million for the lot.

don't get me wrong I think it's a poor appointment for them and they should have gone for Martinez or stuck with Pullis but he'll have to go some to get relegated with the players they have, the money they have to spend and the 3 teams coming up. If anyone can do it though, Sparky is the man
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:07 - May 29 with 1051 viewsimustbemad

In the same way that Hughes was not as fit for QPR, he's not a fit for Stoke. Don't go along with all the Hughes is a crap manager theories. He made shambolic decisions while at QPR but was encouraged by our inept chairman/COE. Suspect he will do OK at Sjoke but they are hardly gonna pull up any trees. It's his way of getting back into management, hope to exceed expectations and move to a bigger club. Can't see it working out for him.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:08 - May 29 with 1049 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:27 - May 29 with 1025 viewsTW_R

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:07 - May 29 by imustbemad

In the same way that Hughes was not as fit for QPR, he's not a fit for Stoke. Don't go along with all the Hughes is a crap manager theories. He made shambolic decisions while at QPR but was encouraged by our inept chairman/COE. Suspect he will do OK at Sjoke but they are hardly gonna pull up any trees. It's his way of getting back into management, hope to exceed expectations and move to a bigger club. Can't see it working out for him.

"He made shambolic decisions while at QPR but was encouraged by our inept chairman/COE."

What a load of bollocks. He made shambolic decisions full stop. Not just in his choice of player, but in the way he decided to play them and the way he decided to change the team week in week out.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:34 - May 29 with 1015 viewsQPR_John

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:27 - May 29 by TW_R

"He made shambolic decisions while at QPR but was encouraged by our inept chairman/COE."

What a load of bollocks. He made shambolic decisions full stop. Not just in his choice of player, but in the way he decided to play them and the way he decided to change the team week in week out.

Your reply beat me to it.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:34 - May 29 with 1015 viewsdaveB

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:27 - May 29 by TW_R

bang on, easy for him to hide behind Fernandes but he picked the team and went with Anton Ferdinand for months rather than Clint Hill
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:40 - May 29 with 1003 viewsJuzzie

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:34 - May 29 by daveB

bang on, easy for him to hide behind Fernandes but he picked the team and went with Anton Ferdinand for months rather than Clint Hill

Exactly. He had a Chairman who gave him every managers dream..... an open cheque book.

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 17:09 - May 29 with 968 viewsElHoop

Hughes 1/33 to get the Stoke job now, fat lady singing and all that.

Martinez on the slide for Everton though - money for Lennon.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 17:25 - May 29 with 946 viewsBrightonhoop

Stokes Chairman quoted by BBC as saying Hughes 'was not his first choice.'

Ha! Wait until he relegates you and his 'advisors' break the bank. They will rue this appointment, he will almost certainly relegate them. Match made in heaven methinks.
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 18:25 - May 29 with 921 viewsN12Hoop

Do you think Stoke will ask for an employer's reference? That would be a good read.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 18:46 - May 29 with 895 viewsTheBlob

Got yours yet?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 20:14 - May 29 with 858 viewsTGRRRSSS

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 12:21 - May 29 by QPR_Jim

Hughes won't be coming "Cheap" you won't get comments from him like "well I like to work" as Hart said when going to Palace, or comments from employer (Then Palace had admin bloke) saying "I am an accountant"
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 20:41 - May 29 with 830 viewsmichael67

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 18:25 - May 29 by N12Hoop

Do you think Stoke will ask for an employer's reference? That would be a good read.

You're not really allowed to put negative comments in to a reference. So I imagine that it would read like this,

Mark Hughes was manager at QPR.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 20:48 - May 29 with 823 viewsnewgolddream

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:08 - May 29 by JonDoeman

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 21:31 - May 29 with 787 viewsFredManRave

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 16:08 - May 29 by JonDoeman

When's the episode of Pulis on Pimp My Ride being aired?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Stoke waiting on Hughes decision . on 21:55 - May 29 with 1459 viewsjamois

I just saw Mark Hughes commenting on Stoke's consistent mid-table finishes in the Premier League. He said, "as long as I'm manager, they'll never be in this position again..."

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024