Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 51143 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:27 - Jul 14 with 1176 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

This guy sums it up:

The Guardian's Daniel Taylor sees the affair as evidence that football sees itself as separate from normal life: "Had it been a guy in the office, or someone in the crowd, it would have been a straightforward sacking or lifetime ban. Yet Chelsea always stuck by Terry, the man whose contribution to the club is recognised by the 'Captain, Leader, Legend' banner that permanently hangs from their Stamford Bridge ground... Never before has a court case gone into such forensic examination of what really happens during an elite-level match and when it was all laid bare the bottom line is that it was embarrassing, damaging and, very often, excruciating. Terry may consider it a victory of sorts, but the sport as a whole has suffered grievous damage."

It's got to be Yarg

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:49 - Jul 14 with 1169 viewsBasingstokeR

Choc ice may be on the edge of derogatory in the right context, but racist?

It doesn't just have one clear meaning! And to be honest judging by the below; its more likely a homophobic jibe against Ashley Cole and his mobile phone!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=choc%20ice
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:53 - Jul 14 with 1168 viewsCHUBBS

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:49 - Jul 14 by BasingstokeR

Choc ice may be on the edge of derogatory in the right context, but racist?

It doesn't just have one clear meaning! And to be honest judging by the below; its more likely a homophobic jibe against Ashley Cole and his mobile phone!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=choc%20ice

Go and call a black geezer who you think acts white and see what happens,definately racist bullying just like uncle tom.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 22:07 - Jul 14 with 1159 viewsstansleftfoot

The fear is that now the retribution of the FA will fall on both Anton and Terry for bringing the game into disrepute....the final nail in the coffin for some type of finality where a sense of impartial justice could have been found.
The point being here is that the legislation that bought Terry to court is not only to protect Anton Ferdinand from the racist abuse but all of us.
There's a feral sneer of a clever dick smile on Terry's face as he delivers his attack, i don't think it would be misplaced to say that Terry actually did say his racist remark as a question? It acts as both the abuse and also as his defence.
Many would say that he wouldn't have the semantic skills to be so calculating but i'd suggest that Terry is the type of bar-room bully who learns these techniques by experience over the years of being a disloyal and cheating twister of truth to suit his own aims.
Listen to the FA interview and listen to the whispering and voice lowering to indicate naivety and sincerity. These are the techniques of an experienced liar. Our magistrate wanted to call the guilty verdict but didn't have enough evidence. It was a strong case but there was no witness, or actually a victim at the time.
These things happen and Terry has got away with it by circumstance and a canny sense of survival.
We have all become victims of Terry's behaviour and that's a large number of people to be always watched by in a negative way , added to incidents involving Ledley King, Sanchez, Bouncer, girl in taxi, 911 taunts,wayne Bridge, his only sanctuary is Chelsea FC, he's a poor marketing vehicle for anything other than Chelsea and even that nasty club will tire of his relentless poor PR.
There will be more Terry indiscretions, his luck will out! Even a shxt like Bruce Buck will give up in the end.....
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 03:55 - Jul 15 with 1130 viewsBasingstokeR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 21:53 - Jul 14 by CHUBBS

Go and call a black geezer who you think acts white and see what happens,definately racist bullying just like uncle tom.

Is "wigger" (regularly aimed at someone like Tim Westwood) racist then in any way but by proxy? Doesn't it depend on how its used whether its derogatory or racist?

Choc-ice is some really obscure reference (to me) - the other Uncle Tom one I'd heard of.

Man utd Chelsea and qpr Chelsea might still be very negative atmospheres this season again.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:03 - Jul 15 with 1082 viewsCHUBBS

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 03:55 - Jul 15 by BasingstokeR

Is "wigger" (regularly aimed at someone like Tim Westwood) racist then in any way but by proxy? Doesn't it depend on how its used whether its derogatory or racist?

Choc-ice is some really obscure reference (to me) - the other Uncle Tom one I'd heard of.

Man utd Chelsea and qpr Chelsea might still be very negative atmospheres this season again.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

As far as i'm aware one of the definitions of racism is using a derogatory term regarding someones colour/race to insult them.That is exactly what he has endorsed by laughing and agreeing with the person who tweeted it.
He can't have his cake and eat it,he's showed his true colours as far as i'm concerned just picking what he thinks is ok without actually having the educated knowledge to know it isn't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024