Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 51304 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:27 - Jul 13 with 1279 viewsJuzzie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 15:53 - Jul 13 by Antti_Heinola

I can't really blame the judge. I read his full judgement and he is very even handed and you can totally understand why he made the ruling. I strongly suspect that he thinks Terry is guilty, but if there's enough doubt there's nothing he can do. Not one person stepped forward saying he heard what Terry said exactly. Without that, it was always going to be very hard to prove. On one level, the pictures are pretty unequivocal, but on a legal level, it's a different story. The judge didn't believe the crowd theory and he believed Anton despite the defence''s attempts to discredit him. But prosecution didn't quite have enough.

The judge even said: "Terry's explanation is, under cold light of forensic examination, unlikely....it is sandwiched between other undoubted insults" - in effect, his hands were tied. System played.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Magistrate.

It seems the only person who heard it was Mikkel and he was the only person who didn't sign the players letter of support. How comes he wasn't summond or can that not be done in a Magistrates Court?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:29 - Jul 13 with 1270 viewsOldPedro

Be very surprised if the FA find Terry guilty of anything now cos his defence would be that the courts found him 'not guilty'. At that point, Suarez should appeal

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:29 - Jul 13 with 1266 viewsTGRRRSSS

Course it can others were summoned I can only assume (Terry and Chelsea) and his defence lent on people to ensure this didn't happen, and to be fair to Mikkel, basically you don't grass your work mates, he'd be persona non grata everwhere classic damned if you do damned if you don't.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 16:38 - Jul 13 with 1234 viewshoopstilidie

Magistrate responds to uproar by claiming that calling John Terry "not guilty" was "sarcastic" and "just a bit of banter".

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:17 - Jul 13 with 1152 viewsdaveB

when you read the full verdict I have to say it is incredible that he found him not guilty, almost as lucky as we were over Faurlin
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:20 - Jul 13 with 1138 viewsRANGERS4EVER

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:17 - Jul 13 by daveB

when you read the full verdict I have to say it is incredible that he found him not guilty, almost as lucky as we were over Faurlin

I wouldnt call us lucky over faurlin

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:21 - Jul 13 with 1127 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:20 - Jul 13 by RANGERS4EVER

I wouldnt call us lucky over faurlin

I'd call the Faurlin result highway robbery personally. We were bang to rights.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:23 - Jul 13 with 1123 viewsreal_loftus

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:17 - Jul 13 by daveB

Agreed, but in terms of our legal process, even if the judge has a 1% doubt he has to find him guilty. Reading the transcript of the verdict, at seems like he only had a 1% doubt.

ATAF.

Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:23 - Jul 13 with 1122 viewshoopstilidie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:21 - Jul 13 by Jamie

I'd call the Faurlin result highway robbery personally. We were bang to rights.

Were we balls!

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:24 - Jul 13 with 1115 viewsTGRRRSSS

I think we were Hoops, at the very least Paladini was bang to rights, I think they didn't dare cos of the mayhem that would follow in all sorts of way not least FA didn't wanna go head to head with someone like Ecclestone who would have the money and the wherewithal to destroy them, then there's Britains richest man Mittal as well.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:25 - Jul 13 with 1111 viewsCHUBBS

Terry is a tool of the highest order who comes across as highly UN intelligent so it is surprising how he continually gets away with one dodgy incident after another.
Personally i think like Suarez he isn't racist and the right decision was made in this case.
I'm glad its over (its been a complete waste of time and money)we can now look forward to a very exciting season.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:27 - Jul 13 with 1100 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:23 - Jul 13 by hoopstilidie

Were we balls!

You'll struggle to find another example of a club being found to have illegally gained a sporting advantage and not docked points. We were very fortunate.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:39 - Jul 13 with 1056 viewshoopstilidie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:27 - Jul 13 by Northernr

You'll struggle to find another example of a club being found to have illegally gained a sporting advantage and not docked points. We were very fortunate.

What sporting advantage?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:47 - Jul 13 with 1034 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:39 - Jul 13 by hoopstilidie

What sporting advantage?

The final judgement found that QPR had gained a sporting advantage for the duration of the 2009/10 season and beginning of the 2010/11 season by signing a player in a way other clubs would not have been able to copy.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1265

Having found Charge 4 to be proved, the Commission invited the Parties to make
submissions as to whether, as a result of the Club’s failure to notify the FA of the Oral Agreement, a sporting advantage could be reasonably be considered to have occurred.

15.2 The Commission finds that such an advantage did arise in the present case. The evidence that we heard from The FA (per Mr. Newton and Mr. Noakes) was that if the presence of the Oral Agreement had been brought to its attention before the registration of the First Playing Contract, it would have required the Club to remove the TPI issue. At that point in time, Mr. Paladini’s evidence was clear; he was not prepared to pay a significant amount of money for a young player who was untried and untested. Instead, his search for a midfield player would have continued with a view to acquiring one who was sufficiently established to justify a transfer fee, or a loan player. Whether an equivalent player could have been found, how long it would have taken to find him, and how much it would have cost are all matters of pure conjecture.

15.3 The failure to notify The FA meant that the Club was able to acquire the Player, for no immediate financial outlay, in circumstances where another team, in an identical position to the Club would not have been able to do so if they had notified The FA of the TPI issue. There was no evidence before us that any other team was, in fact, disadvantaged in that way, but the Commission finds that a sporting advantage did accrue to Club in being able to sign and field a Player whose initial registration is likely to have been refused, or at least delayed, until such times as the FL and/or The FA (and particularly the latter) either satisfied themselves that the arrangement between the Club and TYP did not contravene any TPI, or other, Rules and Regulations, or until the TPI issue was removed by a buy-out.

15.4 The Commission further found that the ongoing failure to notify meant that the Sporting Advantage continued throughout the 2009/10 FL Championship season when the Club finished in 13th position.

The Commission therefore considers that the sporting advantage should be deemed to
have continued until approximately mid-November 2010, a period of some 15
months.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/~/media/Files/PDF/T
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:53 - Jul 13 with 1004 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:39 - Jul 13 by hoopstilidie

What sporting advantage?

As in North reply, we were allowed to loan Faurlin because we didnt inform the league of the Third Party Influence. Had the league known, they wouldnt have ratified it and wouldve made us buy him outright, which Paladini admits he wouldnt have done.

On top of that the Third Party Rights were suspended for one year according to the mysterious 'comfort letter' drafted by a receptionist nobody could trace or even verify existed, but this was of course just a mistake and should've been for three years according to Paladini, which couldnt be verified because 'the receptionist' disappeared...

Had the case come before the tribunal 6 months earlier, IMO we wouldve lost points.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:56 - Jul 13 with 1560 viewshoopstilidie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:47 - Jul 13 by Northernr

The final judgement found that QPR had gained a sporting advantage for the duration of the 2009/10 season and beginning of the 2010/11 season by signing a player in a way other clubs would not have been able to copy.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1265

Having found Charge 4 to be proved, the Commission invited the Parties to make
submissions as to whether, as a result of the Club’s failure to notify the FA of the Oral Agreement, a sporting advantage could be reasonably be considered to have occurred.

15.2 The Commission finds that such an advantage did arise in the present case. The evidence that we heard from The FA (per Mr. Newton and Mr. Noakes) was that if the presence of the Oral Agreement had been brought to its attention before the registration of the First Playing Contract, it would have required the Club to remove the TPI issue. At that point in time, Mr. Paladini’s evidence was clear; he was not prepared to pay a significant amount of money for a young player who was untried and untested. Instead, his search for a midfield player would have continued with a view to acquiring one who was sufficiently established to justify a transfer fee, or a loan player. Whether an equivalent player could have been found, how long it would have taken to find him, and how much it would have cost are all matters of pure conjecture.

15.3 The failure to notify The FA meant that the Club was able to acquire the Player, for no immediate financial outlay, in circumstances where another team, in an identical position to the Club would not have been able to do so if they had notified The FA of the TPI issue. There was no evidence before us that any other team was, in fact, disadvantaged in that way, but the Commission finds that a sporting advantage did accrue to Club in being able to sign and field a Player whose initial registration is likely to have been refused, or at least delayed, until such times as the FL and/or The FA (and particularly the latter) either satisfied themselves that the arrangement between the Club and TYP did not contravene any TPI, or other, Rules and Regulations, or until the TPI issue was removed by a buy-out.

15.4 The Commission further found that the ongoing failure to notify meant that the Sporting Advantage continued throughout the 2009/10 FL Championship season when the Club finished in 13th position.

The Commission therefore considers that the sporting advantage should be deemed to
have continued until approximately mid-November 2010, a period of some 15
months.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/~/media/Files/PDF/T

All very wordy but how is it a sporting advantage?
I asked this at the time.
Signed a player in a way other's couldn't? If it had been a £30 million player then maybe but unproven and costing around 1% of that? That constitutes a sporting advantage? Really?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:57 - Jul 13 with 1556 viewshoopstilidie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:53 - Jul 13 by Jamie

As in North reply, we were allowed to loan Faurlin because we didnt inform the league of the Third Party Influence. Had the league known, they wouldnt have ratified it and wouldve made us buy him outright, which Paladini admits he wouldnt have done.

On top of that the Third Party Rights were suspended for one year according to the mysterious 'comfort letter' drafted by a receptionist nobody could trace or even verify existed, but this was of course just a mistake and should've been for three years according to Paladini, which couldnt be verified because 'the receptionist' disappeared...

Had the case come before the tribunal 6 months earlier, IMO we wouldve lost points.

And IMO we wouldn't.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:59 - Jul 13 with 1545 viewsNorthernr

Because we got a player who was worth £600,000 for free. Had we had to pay £600,000 for him we wouldn't have done so because of his lack of experience. Had another club tried to sign him for free within the rules of the league they wouldn't have been able to do so. We gained an advantage over the other teams by signing a player in a way they couldn't have done. It's sort of the definition of sporting advantage.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:00 - Jul 13 with 1539 viewsHarlesdon

What sort of Rangers fan would bring up the Faurlin case on here? Clowns
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:02 - Jul 13 with 1535 viewshoopstilidie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 17:59 - Jul 13 by Northernr

Because we got a player who was worth £600,000 for free. Had we had to pay £600,000 for him we wouldn't have done so because of his lack of experience. Had another club tried to sign him for free within the rules of the league they wouldn't have been able to do so. We gained an advantage over the other teams by signing a player in a way they couldn't have done. It's sort of the definition of sporting advantage.

Free? I thought that we had paid for him but not the £3Million quoted. The report said the amount had been "fluffed".

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:04 - Jul 13 with 1527 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:02 - Jul 13 by hoopstilidie

Free? I thought that we had paid for him but not the £3Million quoted. The report said the amount had been "fluffed".

No he was free to begin with. We then paid the £600,000 in November 2010, 15 months into the deal. At that point the commission found that the sporting advantage had ended because we had bought him properly and legally within the rules of the league. prior to that we'd acquired him illegally. Hence they found we gained a sporting advantage for 15 months.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:05 - Jul 13 with 1521 viewshoopstilidie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:04 - Jul 13 by Northernr

No he was free to begin with. We then paid the £600,000 in November 2010, 15 months into the deal. At that point the commission found that the sporting advantage had ended because we had bought him properly and legally within the rules of the league. prior to that we'd acquired him illegally. Hence they found we gained a sporting advantage for 15 months.

I see. So we gained a sporting advantage when we finished 13th but when we won the league we were all above board?
Oddest sporting advantage ever I'd say.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:17 - Jul 13 with 1491 viewsMichael_Hunt

Back to JT, just watching the 6 o'clock BBC news; Fiona Bruce opening line is " JT found not guilty having been acused of racial comment by ANTON FERDINAND!!

Unless I've got this totally wrong AF at no stage acused JT. How do I complain to the BBC?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:20 - Jul 13 with 1481 viewstribalr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:28 - Jul 13 with 1453 viewsbaz_qpr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 18:04 - Jul 13 by Northernr

As said at the time the reason why we got off was because of the dates, if Faurlin had been signed a week earlier we would not have been in breech of the rules, at the time the deal was done the rules had not even been published, hence slap on the wrist.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024