Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Paterson report from Thursday ! 13:48 - Jan 16 with 18220 viewsKeithHaynes

Not refusing to play, not anything to do with his contract. No smoke, no fire.
>
I will leave the aforementioned original post above because we can’t always know everything, part true, however, there’s most certainly an issue. And if he has refused to play for the club then get rid.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:39 - Jan 18 with 3056 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:25 - Jan 18 by Chief

- Was Paterson Informed prior to the news being released in the press? No articles mention Paterson bring consulted.

- irrelevant because it's a different situation. We don't know if either party can act independently with a brought forward extension.

- I think you're missing the point. There's potentially been a change to the contract. The extension occurred under different circumstances to what was the perceived contract condition (25 games).

- I can only assume he would have. The change in his attitude has been brought about in someway as a result of the extension.

It does not matter legally if Patterson was informed before the Press. It would be courteous of course. It was revealed by Martin his manager who sees him on a daily basis.

The club knows if it can act independently and appear to have done so. The change will have been done in accordance with the contract. The club wrote the contract and should know their rights within the contract they wrote. Routledge might have had a similar contract and Potter did not pick him until he gave up his rights. This is the reverse.

Patterson might help WBA get to the Premier league on current form. Another 7-8 goals and 5 or 6 assists?

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:47 - Jan 18 with 3029 viewsWhiterockin

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:25 - Jan 18 by Chief

- Was Paterson Informed prior to the news being released in the press? No articles mention Paterson bring consulted.

- irrelevant because it's a different situation. We don't know if either party can act independently with a brought forward extension.

- I think you're missing the point. There's potentially been a change to the contract. The extension occurred under different circumstances to what was the perceived contract condition (25 games).

- I can only assume he would have. The change in his attitude has been brought about in someway as a result of the extension.

You can have a contract where a player has to play a certain number of games (25 as an example) to automatically trigger the extension. But it also could say in the same contract that the club could trigger an extension at any time they felt the player was worth it irrespective of the number of games played.

If this is the case all the club would have to do is inform the player that his contract has automatically been extended as per the contract and the terms in it.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:58 - Jan 18 with 2992 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:39 - Jan 18 by ReslovenSwan1

It does not matter legally if Patterson was informed before the Press. It would be courteous of course. It was revealed by Martin his manager who sees him on a daily basis.

The club knows if it can act independently and appear to have done so. The change will have been done in accordance with the contract. The club wrote the contract and should know their rights within the contract they wrote. Routledge might have had a similar contract and Potter did not pick him until he gave up his rights. This is the reverse.

Patterson might help WBA get to the Premier league on current form. Another 7-8 goals and 5 or 6 assists?

- it might not be legal to bring forward the extension without consulting him first. But if it was, as you say it would have been better to let him know in private prior to reading it online. If indeed he did. Both options however could explain his strop.

- too generic a statement to simply rely on. The club should know, and maybe they do know. But we don't. Yes if the change was carried out in a compliant manner. Yes they should, Paterson the same though, he and his representatives would have read it over.

- clarification from either or both parties would be useful.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 19:24 - Jan 18 with 2875 viewsvetchonian

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:58 - Jan 18 by Chief

- it might not be legal to bring forward the extension without consulting him first. But if it was, as you say it would have been better to let him know in private prior to reading it online. If indeed he did. Both options however could explain his strop.

- too generic a statement to simply rely on. The club should know, and maybe they do know. But we don't. Yes if the change was carried out in a compliant manner. Yes they should, Paterson the same though, he and his representatives would have read it over.

- clarification from either or both parties would be useful.

it is time one or other side put out an official statement all we have to go on are tweets and the feeds that are coming from "contacts" for me currently neither side is showing any sign of professionalism

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 20:55 - Jan 18 with 2773 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:47 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

You can have a contract where a player has to play a certain number of games (25 as an example) to automatically trigger the extension. But it also could say in the same contract that the club could trigger an extension at any time they felt the player was worth it irrespective of the number of games played.

If this is the case all the club would have to do is inform the player that his contract has automatically been extended as per the contract and the terms in it.

Yes, but do we know for certain that your second paragraph is how it played out?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 21:14 - Jan 18 with 2745 viewsWhiterockin

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 20:55 - Jan 18 by Chief

Yes, but do we know for certain that your second paragraph is how it played out?

No but I believe this could well be the case from what I have been told.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 23:06 - Jan 18 with 2615 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 19:24 - Jan 18 by vetchonian

it is time one or other side put out an official statement all we have to go on are tweets and the feeds that are coming from "contacts" for me currently neither side is showing any sign of professionalism

There is nothing to suggest the club have been unprofessional. On what grounds do you say this.? It is an internal matter in a high profile company. It is an internal issue between the club and an employee which may need some form of arbitration.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 23:18 - Jan 18 with 2582 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 23:06 - Jan 18 by ReslovenSwan1

There is nothing to suggest the club have been unprofessional. On what grounds do you say this.? It is an internal matter in a high profile company. It is an internal issue between the club and an employee which may need some form of arbitration.

I don't think the club can say anything at the moment. It would only make things worse.

Paterson however could / should though.

Login to get fewer ads

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 23:33 - Jan 18 with 2559 viewsOptimisticJack

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 23:06 - Jan 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Agree.
Too much speculative opinions given on this matter.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2022 23:34]

Optimisticjack

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 09:29 - Jan 19 with 2375 viewspencoedjack

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:14 - Jan 17 by guthrieintherain

He didn't play Saturday he said himself his head was not in the right place.

That's enough for me it's an insult to the club and it's fans especially the ones who travelled Saturday.

If you have a beef with the club negotiate but refusing to play stinks.

Especially after we took him off the scrap heap in the summer.

How I see it.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:29 - Jan 19 with 2276 viewsBadlands

Jamie Paterson training with youth team as QPR, Blackburn and Huddersfield target Swansea City star

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jamie-paterson-traini

That for me is enough to suggest he's been tapped up for more pay.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 11:05 - Jan 19 with 2209 viewsYouBackJastard

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:29 - Jan 19 by Badlands

Jamie Paterson training with youth team as QPR, Blackburn and Huddersfield target Swansea City star

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jamie-paterson-traini

That for me is enough to suggest he's been tapped up for more pay.

Tragedy how we got to this stage, all because he disagrees with the terms of a contract that he signed four months ago!
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 11:08 - Jan 19 with 2167 viewsonehunglow

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 11:05 - Jan 19 by YouBackJastard

Tragedy how we got to this stage, all because he disagrees with the terms of a contract that he signed four months ago!

Not tragic but a poor how from him.
If this signing comes off then bye bye Pato.
Club bigger than all

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 11:57 - Jan 19 with 2099 viewsraynor94

Hope it's Blackburn or Qpr, he can have a good chorus of one greedy b*****d

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:18 - Jan 19 with 1993 viewsBadlands

Much of Paterson's success with us has been the way Martin sets up the side, a degree of freedom the player has and his partnership with Piroe. Can't see him getting any of that with the clubs mentioned.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:24 - Jan 19 with 1966 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:18 - Jan 19 by Badlands

Much of Paterson's success with us has been the way Martin sets up the side, a degree of freedom the player has and his partnership with Piroe. Can't see him getting any of that with the clubs mentioned.

He’s been nullified since his purple patch in the autumn though. Teams have worked out how to put the frighteners on him

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:07 - Jan 19 with 1786 viewskrunchykarrot

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:18 - Jan 19 by Badlands

Spot on and id like to add the backing of the manager when in some games this season he was very poor and could and should have been hooked.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:34 - Jan 19 with 1721 viewspencoedjack

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:24 - Jan 19 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s been nullified since his purple patch in the autumn though. Teams have worked out how to put the frighteners on him

Bristol City fans reckon he was crap in the winter months.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:44 - Jan 19 with 1689 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:34 - Jan 19 by pencoedjack

Bristol City fans reckon he was crap in the winter months.

I had an ex like that.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:18 - Jan 19 with 1619 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:44 - Jan 19 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I had an ex like that.

Quality 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:01 - Jan 19 with 1536 viewsTreforys_Jack

Agreed bryn, very much a hit and miss player, never know which one is going to turn up on a Sat afternoon.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:24 - Jan 19 with 1491 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:18 - Jan 19 by KeithHaynes

Quality 😂

No she wasn’t.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 20:06 - Jan 19 with 1319 viewsbonymine

Spot on … yet another overrated, overpaid prima Donna who thinks he’s better than he is just cos he scores a few goals for us ….. you’ve bitten off the hand that feeds you you greedy b@stard so just feck off back into oblivion and we will move on as a Club without you as ever ….
By Xmas we’ll all be saying Jamie Who ? 🤔🤔🤔

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 20:06 - Jan 19 with 1316 viewssw02sea

Paterson won’t be the first or last player to down tools, and get what he wants.
He joins the ever increasing list of money grabbing, mercenary, selfish b@rstard footballers, that like to think they are a planet, and the World spins around them.
Him and his agent know exactly what they are doing.
If WBA come in for him, they are quids in.
If they don’t, they know we would be offering him up for sale as damaged goods.
At probably a knock down price, as what club wants a player that has refused to play ?
And if no one comes in for me, hey I’ve got a “new” 18 month contract anyways!
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 20:52 - Jan 19 with 1205 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 20:06 - Jan 19 by sw02sea

Paterson won’t be the first or last player to down tools, and get what he wants.
He joins the ever increasing list of money grabbing, mercenary, selfish b@rstard footballers, that like to think they are a planet, and the World spins around them.
Him and his agent know exactly what they are doing.
If WBA come in for him, they are quids in.
If they don’t, they know we would be offering him up for sale as damaged goods.
At probably a knock down price, as what club wants a player that has refused to play ?
And if no one comes in for me, hey I’ve got a “new” 18 month contract anyways!

Let him play for the U23s for the rest of his contract and promote one of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024