Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Paterson report from Thursday ! 13:48 - Jan 16 with 18222 viewsKeithHaynes

Not refusing to play, not anything to do with his contract. No smoke, no fire.
>
I will leave the aforementioned original post above because we can’t always know everything, part true, however, there’s most certainly an issue. And if he has refused to play for the club then get rid.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 23:23 - Jan 16 with 2087 viewsBadlands

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 21:15 - Jan 16 by Chief

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59914154

Hmm only just seen this with a quote from Martin talking about triggering the contract extension early.

How can the club do that????

The deal put on the table ahead of meeting the trigger games played especially where a player may be ill, injured or if there aren’t enough games before a transfer to happen.
Paterson has been ill, no telling last week how many games might be played before the end of the month.
So it would make sense to say to the player,' we like what you do this is the offer we will make when we can trigger the contract agreement.'
If the player, as Paterson may be doing, turns down the offer (refusing to play in order to remain below the games played threshold it means there is time to move and the club ask for a free, ditch a player who doesn’t want to be here and go for nothin in the summer,, bring in a player who has more motivation to do well.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 00:22 - Jan 17 with 1995 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 23:23 - Jan 16 by Badlands

The deal put on the table ahead of meeting the trigger games played especially where a player may be ill, injured or if there aren’t enough games before a transfer to happen.
Paterson has been ill, no telling last week how many games might be played before the end of the month.
So it would make sense to say to the player,' we like what you do this is the offer we will make when we can trigger the contract agreement.'
If the player, as Paterson may be doing, turns down the offer (refusing to play in order to remain below the games played threshold it means there is time to move and the club ask for a free, ditch a player who doesn’t want to be here and go for nothin in the summer,, bring in a player who has more motivation to do well.

But the club has officially announced the contract has been extended:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-boss-martin-confirms-jamie-paterso

So according to that Paterson is tied down whether he likes it or not.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 08:08 - Jan 17 with 1863 viewsmagicdaps10

So contract has been triggered on the same terms as the 1yr he originally signed but he feels he deserves more.

Goes to show how quick fortunes can change in football, on the scrap heap one moment, 6 months later being pursued by clubs and demanding a better pay.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 08:18 - Jan 17 with 1849 viewsvetchonian

so no smoke but lots of fire and as usual we fans are quick to judge despite having no grasp of all the facts.
I'm not defending Pato like all players and managers he is transitory with the club being the most important.
My take on this the club has had a hint of an approach for Pato have triggered the extension early withouginorived terms in the hope of getting a bigger fee...if that's the case who can blame the player as given what seems to be our current financial status is what could have happened then I'm speculating

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 09:09 - Jan 17 with 1791 viewsraynor94

Irrespective of anything he refused to play full stop.

And as for triggering his extension, I'd call it safeguarding our asset, it certainly looks like he's been tapped up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 09:51 - Jan 17 with 1731 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 09:09 - Jan 17 by raynor94

And as for triggering his extension, I'd call it safeguarding our asset, it certainly looks like he's been tapped up

It doesn't excuse his behaviour - he obviously needs to grow up.

But how were the club able to trigger the extension early?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 1719 viewsvetchonian

Its amazing how quick we fans are to put all this in the player without us knowing all the facts its just like back in the day a certian Ray Kennedy being slated for crap performances due to his frequenting a certain wine bar......the fact most of our other players di dthe same ddint feature then it turns out he had Parkinsons...

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 1716 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 09:51 - Jan 17 by Chief

It doesn't excuse his behaviour - he obviously needs to grow up.

But how were the club able to trigger the extension early?

It’s down to the contract detail originally agreed to.
And that nobody bar a few know about.

Login to get fewer ads

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:04 - Jan 17 with 1700 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:01 - Jan 17 by KeithHaynes

It’s down to the contract detail originally agreed to.
And that nobody bar a few know about.

Seemingly neither did Paterson.

So there was a clause in the contract stating the club could trigger the extension early if they wanted to?

Was is it activated within compliance? Ie would it have required a signature from Paterson or a notice period informing him etc?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:07 - Jan 17 with 1698 views3swan

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 09:09 - Jan 17 by raynor94

I know it can be a play on words etc but I've read that he said that he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play. Did he then request not to be picked or refused to play?
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:22 - Jan 17 with 1653 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:07 - Jan 17 by 3swan

I know it can be a play on words etc but I've read that he said that he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play. Did he then request not to be picked or refused to play?

We did report on Thursday he wasn’t playing and went home.
Why ?
Down to his frame of mind seems to be the thing, can’t see much difference in that and not wanting to play.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 11:33 - Jan 17 with 1546 views3swan

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:22 - Jan 17 by KeithHaynes

We did report on Thursday he wasn’t playing and went home.
Why ?
Down to his frame of mind seems to be the thing, can’t see much difference in that and not wanting to play.

I was thinking more in contractual terms as in, like it or not, he was declaring himself unfit, or doing a strop and bouncing off so breaking contract terms
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 11:36 - Jan 17 with 1527 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 11:33 - Jan 17 by 3swan

I was thinking more in contractual terms as in, like it or not, he was declaring himself unfit, or doing a strop and bouncing off so breaking contract terms

Ah, I agree there mate.
Swans need to sort this out very quickly.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 11:57 - Jan 17 with 1475 viewsguthrieintherain

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 10:01 - Jan 17 by vetchonian

Its amazing how quick we fans are to put all this in the player without us knowing all the facts its just like back in the day a certian Ray Kennedy being slated for crap performances due to his frequenting a certain wine bar......the fact most of our other players di dthe same ddint feature then it turns out he had Parkinsons...

According to twitter Patterson has a contract for his gas and electric with Eon is in s fixed tarriff till April.

He tried to move to Scottish Power but it was a no go is struggling now to make ends meet on less than 10k a week and West Brom are offering 15.

Don't want the poor little bugger going to a food bank life is hard being a footballer lets just take a minute to reflect.

Pray for Patto.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 12:03]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:07 - Jan 17 with 1443 viewsvetchonian

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 11:57 - Jan 17 by guthrieintherain

According to twitter Patterson has a contract for his gas and electric with Eon is in s fixed tarriff till April.

He tried to move to Scottish Power but it was a no go is struggling now to make ends meet on less than 10k a week and West Brom are offering 15.

Don't want the poor little bugger going to a food bank life is hard being a footballer lets just take a minute to reflect.

Pray for Patto.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 12:03]

so you know all teh facts then?
HOw do you know Silverstein before flying back didnt say to invoke Patos extension early but keep him on the same terms until the start of next season...that way we can demand a better fee as clubs are sniffing around...
Was Pato included in the talks or did he find out the extension was invoked from the press releases?

I accept we picked him up and got his career back on track...but as usual so many of us immediately think we know what is happening and get on the players back....it could be he is throwing his toys out of the pram it could be the club have screwed him over at the moment none of us knows what is what but we are quick to pillory the player.

Its more of a worry for me that something isnot quite right at the club there are lots of whispers but then there often are when things are iffy....but as we were told there is no smoke yet there seems to be plenty of fire!

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:14 - Jan 17 with 1428 viewsguthrieintherain

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:07 - Jan 17 by vetchonian

HOw do you know Silverstein before flying back didnt say to invoke Patos extension early but keep him on the same terms until the start of next season...that way we can demand a better fee as clubs are sniffing around...
Was Pato included in the talks or did he find out the extension was invoked from the press releases?

I accept we picked him up and got his career back on track...but as usual so many of us immediately think we know what is happening and get on the players back....it could be he is throwing his toys out of the pram it could be the club have screwed him over at the moment none of us knows what is what but we are quick to pillory the player.

Its more of a worry for me that something isnot quite right at the club there are lots of whispers but then there often are when things are iffy....but as we were told there is no smoke yet there seems to be plenty of fire!

He didn't play Saturday he said himself his head was not in the right place.

That's enough for me it's an insult to the club and it's fans especially the ones who travelled Saturday.

If you have a beef with the club negotiate but refusing to play stinks.

Especially after we took him off the scrap heap in the summer.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:33 - Jan 17 with 1374 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:07 - Jan 17 by vetchonian

I am personally certain that the club have done this whole extension thing appropriately and in accordance with the initial contract he agreed to.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:42 - Jan 17 with 1331 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:33 - Jan 17 by KeithHaynes

I am personally certain that the club have done this whole extension thing appropriately and in accordance with the initial contract he agreed to.

Well if true the guy is idiot and doesn't have a leg to stand on

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:46 - Jan 17 with 1321 viewsvetchonian

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:33 - Jan 17 by KeithHaynes

Thank you for the clarification Keith..have you a good source?

IF it is true then indeed Pato is up sh*t creek without a paddle and has been poorly advised.

As you said earlier the club need to resolve this soon...for me I see no future for PAto if he has indeed throw his toys out of the pram and if so the club should publish a statement ASAP

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:56 - Jan 17 with 1293 viewsBadlands

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:42 - Jan 17 by Chief

Well if true the guy is idiot and doesn't have a leg to stand on

Irrespective of his contract if he won’t play, giving whatever reason, it gives the club a decision to make …
Keep him and hope for the best.
Keep him but don’t play him
Put up for transfer now … maybe what the player wants.
Whatever, I think his career at Swansea may have hit a brick wall.

If there was nothing to the rumours I would have expected a denial from the club by now.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:59 - Jan 17 with 1279 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:56 - Jan 17 by Badlands

Irrespective of his contract if he won’t play, giving whatever reason, it gives the club a decision to make …

If there was nothing to the rumours I would have expected a denial from the club by now.

Info leaked from the club most certainly.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:08 - Jan 17 with 1233 viewsguthrieintherain

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 12:56 - Jan 17 by Badlands

If he wants a transfer let him ask for one first.
Then he can take a slight hit.

Either way the hard to see how he can play for us again unless he puts out an apology which looks unlikely

Sell him on and get someone else in OReilly possibly.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:11 - Jan 17 with 1215 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:08 - Jan 17 by guthrieintherain

If he wants a transfer let him ask for one first.
Then he can take a slight hit.

Either way the hard to see how he can play for us again unless he puts out an apology which looks unlikely

Sell him on and get someone else in OReilly possibly.

Who'd pay us anywhere near what he's worth on the pitch now though? Everyone can see how bad the relationship is.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:17 - Jan 17 with 1207 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:11 - Jan 17 by Chief

Who'd pay us anywhere near what he's worth on the pitch now though? Everyone can see how bad the relationship is.

I’m pretty certain Winter and Allen have the measure of him.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:23 - Jan 17 with 1180 viewsguthrieintherain

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 13:11 - Jan 17 by Chief

Well if that's the case let him train with the under 23s till the end of January and see what he thinks about that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024