Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Paterson report from Thursday ! 13:48 - Jan 16 with 17676 viewsKeithHaynes

Not refusing to play, not anything to do with his contract. No smoke, no fire.
>
I will leave the aforementioned original post above because we can’t always know everything, part true, however, there’s most certainly an issue. And if he has refused to play for the club then get rid.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:44 - Jan 16 with 1805 viewsBillyChong

What’s gone on here then?

A) An automatic contract extension has been triggered (which he doesn’t have so sign as part of original deal) on terms agreed originally?
B) The above but Pato was offered better terms (maybe a verbal agreement) which then weren’t applied?
C) The extension has been applied too early regardless of the above?

I think Pato deserves a fair trial until the facts are known
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:46 - Jan 16 with 1804 viewsvetchonian

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:28 - Jan 16 by raynor94

Do you want to name them, because I've certainly not read that, you are getting silly now

I’m not sure who they were but it has been said perhaps I’ll trawl the site to find them….I only deal with facts

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:48 - Jan 16 with 1786 viewsQJumpingJack

There is probably more to come out.
Maybe Julian or the owners will provide an update on the official site in the next 24 hours.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:50 - Jan 16 with 1777 viewsjasper_T

He's was on trial with Boro in the summer but picked up an injury, not sure it's accurate to say he didn't have a sniff of other interest when we signed him.

If we've jumped the gun on the extension without meeting the player's expectations he's got good reason to be miffed. Happens at clubs all the time. People make verbal agreements and then don't check what's written on the piece of paper when the pen is in hand.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:00 - Jan 16 with 1712 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:50 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

He's was on trial with Boro in the summer but picked up an injury, not sure it's accurate to say he didn't have a sniff of other interest when we signed him.

If we've jumped the gun on the extension without meeting the player's expectations he's got good reason to be miffed. Happens at clubs all the time. People make verbal agreements and then don't check what's written on the piece of paper when the pen is in hand.

Yea a lot to still come out. Who decided he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play? The player or club?

Well if it's the club that's messed him about over the contract and they then have made the decision not to select him that would put a different complection on things.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:05 - Jan 16 with 1704 viewsraynor94

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:46 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

I’m not sure who they were but it has been said perhaps I’ll trawl the site to find them….I only deal with facts

Good let me know when you find them, lots on here including me are happy to accept a transitional season until Martin gets the players he wants.

But there's no way people would accept relegation, for some reason you haven't accepted Martin from day one.

Cooper has gone, with respect get over it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:19 - Jan 16 with 1645 viewsvetchonian

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:05 - Jan 16 by raynor94

Good let me know when you find them, lots on here including me are happy to accept a transitional season until Martin gets the players he wants.

But there's no way people would accept relegation, for some reason you haven't accepted Martin from day one.

Cooper has gone, with respect get over it

There are lots there and there it is the t word
And the default defence bringing up Cooper
My criticism of Martin is well founde lack of results refusal to learn I had an open mind on his signing but after watching our first few games I couldn’t buy into the euphoria that some were posting on here. But then it’s all about opinions
cooper has moved on my criticism of Martin is always based on his failures
I will defend Cooper when myths are posted about his tenure just like I will of the many myths and adjusted memories of our past

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:34 - Jan 16 with 1588 viewsmahoss

Thing is.
This is starting to get a regular thing with the club re players.
Rhys Williams,Jake Bidwell,Piroe(before he started scoring) Obafemi ?
Fulton ?
Time will tell I suppose……….
Next few games crucial for Russy in my opinion………
Login to get fewer ads

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:37 - Jan 16 with 1577 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:27 - Jan 16 by Flashberryjack

I've heard he's resorted to using food banks, poor bugger.

Bloody brexit!
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:47 - Jan 16 with 1531 viewsjack90

Why are you boilIng
Surely by now you would be clued up enough to know .
To the players and their agents it’s about money .
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 18:49]
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:49 - Jan 16 with 1536 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:47 - Jan 16 by jack90

Why are you boilIng
Surely by now you would be clued up enough to know .
To the players and their agents it’s about money .
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 18:49]

Best you read this.
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56777/paterson-pata-cake

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:50 - Jan 16 with 1529 viewsKeithHaynes

So who offered him a deal then ?
Northampton Town ?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:51 - Jan 16 with 1524 viewsKeithHaynes

So his advisors are really clued up then ?

I’m sure sir John will be along shortly to comment on ‘gentleman’s agreements’

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 19:16 - Jan 16 with 1423 viewsraynor94

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:19 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

My criticism of Martin is well founde lack of results refusal to learn I had an open mind on his signing but after watching our first few games I couldn’t buy into the euphoria that some were posting on here. But then it’s all about opinions
I will defend Cooper when myths are posted about his tenure just like I will of the many myths and adjusted memories of our past

Well after 58 years of following us I don't need telling about any memories or adjusting them thank you.

And there's certainly no myth about what Cooper inflicted on us at Wembley, it was unforgivable.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 19:48 - Jan 16 with 1351 viewsmagicdaps10

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 18:19 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

I want to go the point you make that Martin refuses to learn.

How do we know this? I have seen enough to suggest that he does but he certainly believes I the end result to which he wants to go down.
I can tell you why certain people play on this myth that Martin refuses to learn, it came from a certain poster on here who likes to get inside people and likes the word "fact" as a tool to blind others. I am not getting into anything on here, all I will say that this Martin not learning is a myth and needs to be realised.

As I say, don't want to play my daddy is tougher than yours or have a battle of egos just want to put the record straight as no poster on here works with Martin or knows his mind and how it works.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 20:01 - Jan 16 with 1316 viewsvetchonian

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 19:48 - Jan 16 by magicdaps10

I want to go the point you make that Martin refuses to learn.

How do we know this? I have seen enough to suggest that he does but he certainly believes I the end result to which he wants to go down.
I can tell you why certain people play on this myth that Martin refuses to learn, it came from a certain poster on here who likes to get inside people and likes the word "fact" as a tool to blind others. I am not getting into anything on here, all I will say that this Martin not learning is a myth and needs to be realised.

As I say, don't want to play my daddy is tougher than yours or have a battle of egos just want to put the record straight as no poster on here works with Martin or knows his mind and how it works.

unlike a lot of posters I make my own mind up.
I spent tone researching Martin which is why I say Martin doesn't learn

many of his post match presses at MKDons have him saying the same things,the postings on their fans forum talk of the pointless passing and sloppy goals given away as a result.
Nartin is repeating the same mistakes over and again.We all make mistakes but when we keep making the same ones indicate that nothing is being learnt.
The fact Martin continues to rinse and repeat shows he isn't learning

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 21:09 - Jan 16 with 1176 viewsjack90

It happens in football had he flopped during his first four months the club would have shown him the door.
It’s a business as a football club we either stump up for the perceived contract the lad and his agent feel he is now worth .
Or let him move on hardly talking about a top end championship player .
There are reasons we had him here and it’s injury and lack of consistency.

To be honest I don’t see that pattern changing with him .

Hence my comment why are you boiling the player just ain’t that important to us .
Personally think we have seen the best of him .

Let some other mugs offer him a three year deal for a few goals here and there
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 21:15 - Jan 16 with 1164 viewsChief

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59914154

Hmm only just seen this with a quote from Martin talking about triggering the contract extension early.

How can the club do that????

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 21:20 - Jan 16 with 1169 viewsnantywatcher

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 20:01 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

many of his post match presses at MKDons have him saying the same things,the postings on their fans forum talk of the pointless passing and sloppy goals given away as a result.
Nartin is repeating the same mistakes over and again.We all make mistakes but when we keep making the same ones indicate that nothing is being learnt.

Down narrowed by mistake. Good post.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 21:32 - Jan 16 with 1151 viewsnantywatcher

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 20:01 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

Down narrowed by mistake. Good post.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 22:12 - Jan 16 with 1051 viewsOptimisticJack

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 19:16 - Jan 16 by raynor94

Well after 58 years of following us I don't need telling about any memories or adjusting them thank you.

And there's certainly no myth about what Cooper inflicted on us at Wembley, it was unforgivable.

Agree totally.
Cooper totally undone all his previous good work in 90 minutes of non-football.
To not show up and not have a single shot on target that day was totally unforgivable.
Cooper had his head turned (possibly with the help of his agent) in the build up to one of the biggest games on earth.
The week before the final he was like a stroppy teenager (allegedly).
This ,however, is the power of the Football Agent - a scurge on our lovely game.
Paterson seems like a decent lad.
Again probably influenced by his agent who has one thing in mind - Him.
The agent that is and not Pato.
The lad is just a pawn in a game of chess.

Optimisticjack

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 22:48 - Jan 16 with 960 viewsReslovenSwan1

Contracts give rights to the club and rights to the player presumably. It sounds as a non expert, as if this one gave rights to the club to extend it from one year to two years at any point. The player himself could not extend it unless he played 25 games when the club has no choice not to extend. He may believe the club cannot extent unless he has played 25 times.

The player knows that if there is a dispute he cannot play 3 more games as he is then also committed from his end. Hence the refusal to play.

Even if the club had not extended he would have refused to play anyway perhaps because even in his understanding once he had played 25 he was under contract for the extra year.

Routledge was happy to forfeit this sort of clause a while back.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 23:01 - Jan 16 with 932 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 22:48 - Jan 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Contracts give rights to the club and rights to the player presumably. It sounds as a non expert, as if this one gave rights to the club to extend it from one year to two years at any point. The player himself could not extend it unless he played 25 games when the club has no choice not to extend. He may believe the club cannot extent unless he has played 25 times.

The player knows that if there is a dispute he cannot play 3 more games as he is then also committed from his end. Hence the refusal to play.

Even if the club had not extended he would have refused to play anyway perhaps because even in his understanding once he had played 25 he was under contract for the extra year.

Routledge was happy to forfeit this sort of clause a while back.

If that's the case, why would the club risk waiting until January to do it (when he's eligible to talk to other clubs, not sure on what exact date)?

If the club had the right to extend to two years at any point why not do it in December?

It's not like it hasn't been obvious that he's a player worth keeping from early on.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 23:05 - Jan 16 with 928 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 21:15 - Jan 16 by Chief

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59914154

Hmm only just seen this with a quote from Martin talking about triggering the contract extension early.

How can the club do that????

Depends on the wording of the original contract, it could be the club can trigger it if they want to, as well as the player. No signatures required, just acknowledgment from whoever needs to do it. Spoke to someone tonight who said there’s hundreds of different ways of writing a contract in a hundred different ways. What I am certain about is that if the swans have done this, they will have done it right.

On the players being unhappy situation, this was always going to happen as we’ve said many times with the way Russell Martin coaches and teaches. The last time we reported it, two previous posters read it and went wonky, then when we did it again the Moscow mouse went goggly. It’s affective teaching and learning through emotions, and when it goes wrong people revolt. We aren’t dealing with the brightest sparks in the box. Their reactions don’t surprise me at all.

This meeting probably didn’t help.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 23:13 - Jan 16 with 902 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 21:09 - Jan 16 by jack90

It happens in football had he flopped during his first four months the club would have shown him the door.
It’s a business as a football club we either stump up for the perceived contract the lad and his agent feel he is now worth .
Or let him move on hardly talking about a top end championship player .
There are reasons we had him here and it’s injury and lack of consistency.

To be honest I don’t see that pattern changing with him .

Hence my comment why are you boiling the player just ain’t that important to us .
Personally think we have seen the best of him .

Let some other mugs offer him a three year deal for a few goals here and there

I meant the information ( which we reported ) being covered up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024