Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Paterson report from Thursday ! 13:48 - Jan 16 with 18223 viewsKeithHaynes

Not refusing to play, not anything to do with his contract. No smoke, no fire.
>
I will leave the aforementioned original post above because we can’t always know everything, part true, however, there’s most certainly an issue. And if he has refused to play for the club then get rid.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:45 - Jan 16 with 1941 views3swan

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:40 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

I am boiling !

Problem now could be how it affects team moral if they think he has been badly treated. Hopefully the second half display on Saturday answers that
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:46 - Jan 16 with 1934 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:45 - Jan 16 by 3swan

Problem now could be how it affects team moral if they think he has been badly treated. Hopefully the second half display on Saturday answers that

Badly treated by holding him to contractual terms that he was happy to agree to.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:48 - Jan 16 with 1931 viewsThornburyswan

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:34 - Jan 16 by magicdaps10

So let me get this right.

We took a chance on him when many clubs didn't want to know?
We give him his chance and he performs?
We trigger a clause that he was happy to have inserted when there was not a queue of clubs wanting to sign him?

Looks like it's a 30yr old trying to push or get the best deal, probably his last chance BUT has quickly ignored what happened in the summer.

If he wants out, set the price, let him go and use the money for a younger replacement.

‘It’s a strange one for sure but I do know we rushed through the extension - maybe due to the noise about him for elsewhere - that said if he doesn’t want to play for us he can exit sharpish for me.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:48 - Jan 16 with 1931 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:44 - Jan 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I don’t blame him, many of these footballers are paupers who don’t know when they’ll be able to afford their next meal or whether or not they can afford to heat their mansions and outdoor swimming pools.

TV licence and gas bills are always a problem too.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:49 - Jan 16 with 1926 views3swan

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:46 - Jan 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Badly treated by holding him to contractual terms that he was happy to agree to.

Agree but some footballers don’t think in the same way
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:53 - Jan 16 with 1898 viewsThornburyswan

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:49 - Jan 16 by 3swan

Agree but some footballers don’t think in the same way

Only acceptable, for me, defence for him would be if he agreed to come on lower terms with an agreement to revisit/improve them IF he proved his worth - that said what I wouldn’t understand is if that was the case why would he sign the extension.
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:56 - Jan 16 with 1882 viewsmagicdaps10

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:46 - Jan 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

When it suited!

Looks like he has been tapped up, if he hasn't then he is letting himself down.

1M a realistic fee?
Done well but I think Ntcham and a replacement, wouldn't lose much sleep over him going.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:00 - Jan 16 with 1863 viewsSirjohnalot

If this is true, he should never play again, get rid. Don’t care if he’s the best player in the league. No player is bigger

If it’s true.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 16:00]
Login to get fewer ads

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:03 - Jan 16 with 1836 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:56 - Jan 16 by magicdaps10

When it suited!

Looks like he has been tapped up, if he hasn't then he is letting himself down.

1M a realistic fee?
Done well but I think Ntcham and a replacement, wouldn't lose much sleep over him going.

We moved forwards after Robbie, Charlo and Curt left.
Pato ?
I think we may manage.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:08 - Jan 16 with 1800 viewsmagicdaps10

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:03 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

Pato ?
I think we may manage.

In fact it could benefit us. We picked him up for nothing, he performed and we were canny with the extension he was happy to include when he signed....take the money that we get for him and spend it on a younger version, O'Reilly maybe!?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:10 - Jan 16 with 1788 viewsReslovenSwan1

He was unemployed and concerned fro his future in the summer. Now he his hoping mad to have a contract until the summer of 2023. He can still leave the club. Just put in a transfer request.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:24 - Jan 16 with 1723 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:10 - Jan 16 by ReslovenSwan1

He was unemployed and concerned fro his future in the summer. Now he his hoping mad to have a contract until the summer of 2023. He can still leave the club. Just put in a transfer request.

Yup.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:26 - Jan 16 with 1697 viewsChief

Some people on twitter are talking about a disagreement over number of games played?

Has the club triggered the contract early? Some saying he's only played 22 when the clause stipulated 25.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:27 - Jan 16 with 1693 viewsKeithHaynes

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:26 - Jan 16 by Chief

Some people on twitter are talking about a disagreement over number of games played?

Has the club triggered the contract early? Some saying he's only played 22 when the clause stipulated 25.

He won’t come out of this well if it’s true regardless.

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:29 - Jan 16 with 1680 viewsChief

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:27 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

Well theres two sides to every story:

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:31 - Jan 16 with 1670 views3swan

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:27 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

True but I do wonder where the leaked info comes from. Club or his side?
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:35 - Jan 16 with 1650 viewsmagicdaps10

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:29 - Jan 16 by Chief

Well theres two sides to every story:

Maybe wanting the terms immediately but the club not willing to the terms until he enters his 2nd season.

🤔

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:44 - Jan 16 with 1610 views3swan

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:35 - Jan 16 by magicdaps10

Maybe wanting the terms immediately but the club not willing to the terms until he enters his 2nd season.

🤔

All guesswork by all of us at the moment as we don't know the detail of the contract. Maybe it was an automatic extension after 25 games but an agreed extension at any time. Makes a change from the political ins and outs 😏
The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:47 - Jan 16 with 1588 viewsvetchonian

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:03 - Jan 16 by KeithHaynes

Pato ?
I think we may manage.

Really?
It’s amazing the memories that people have adjusted Curt left iniatially before we got to the 1st Division he then along with Charlo and Robbie were sold off to assist as we we re in free fall both financially and footballing wise

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:49 - Jan 16 with 1562 viewsonehunglow

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:47 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

Really?
It’s amazing the memories that people have adjusted Curt left iniatially before we got to the 1st Division he then along with Charlo and Robbie were sold off to assist as we we re in free fall both financially and footballing wise

That free fall still hurts vetch ,doesn’t it.
We brought in the likes of Darren Gale .

I l leave it there

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:59 - Jan 16 with 1528 viewsvetchonian

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:49 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

That free fall still hurts vetch ,doesn’t it.
We brought in the likes of Darren Gale .

I l leave it there

It does and yet some on here have said they would accept relegation as part of a reset process unbelievable

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:05 - Jan 16 with 1492 viewsonehunglow

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:59 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

It does and yet some on here have said they would accept relegation as part of a reset process unbelievable

I seem to recall that.
However it’s because Fores Green and Newport are attractive derbies .

Ask Sunderland and Pompey fans about dropping that low.

We really do have some head the balls for fans . I blame the Owners though as our expectations have been deliberately killed as they do not have the money or nous to get us back.

The Championship is a comfort zone ,a mediocre waiting room.

Next year seeing us at Newcastle and hopefully Sunderlandcwill remind our fans what going to really big tradional mega clubs to trut our stuff is like. Many of our kids fans won’t have sampled Newcastle or Liverpool waterfront watering holes after a game

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:12 - Jan 16 with 1460 viewsvetchonian

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:05 - Jan 16 by onehunglow

I seem to recall that.
However it’s because Fores Green and Newport are attractive derbies .

Ask Sunderland and Pompey fans about dropping that low.

We really do have some head the balls for fans . I blame the Owners though as our expectations have been deliberately killed as they do not have the money or nous to get us back.

The Championship is a comfort zone ,a mediocre waiting room.

Next year seeing us at Newcastle and hopefully Sunderlandcwill remind our fans what going to really big tradional mega clubs to trut our stuff is like. Many of our kids fans won’t have sampled Newcastle or Liverpool waterfront watering holes after a game

Back in the day I’d have been happy seeing us as a competitive second tier side I’m talking old div2 where we could compete with relegated div1 sides get a good cup run wehen we got to the championship I enjoyed the season under Martinez and Sousa getting to the PL and that journey exceeded my previous dreams given what I witnessed post 1982.
It’s why I’m frustrated now we have a good enough squad of players to compete and I’m not focusing on play offs or promotion but too 10 and avoid cup run but we seem to be falling short

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:27 - Jan 16 with 1388 viewsFlashberryjack

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 15:44 - Jan 16 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I don’t blame him, many of these footballers are paupers who don’t know when they’ll be able to afford their next meal or whether or not they can afford to heat their mansions and outdoor swimming pools.

I've heard he's resorted to using food banks, poor bugger.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 17:28 - Jan 16 with 1382 viewsraynor94

The Paterson report from Thursday ! on 16:59 - Jan 16 by vetchonian

Do you want to name them, because I've certainly not read that, you are getting silly now

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024