Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Settlement reached with Laudrup 17:49 - May 23 with 38570 viewsHubert

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/laudrup-settlement-1572206.aspx
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 16:33 - May 24 with 1825 viewsmonmouth

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 16:25 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

In what way have I misrepresented your views? You stated earlier that you couldn't understand on a basic salary of £700k how you would get to a figure of £2.7m and I pointed out some ways in which this could happen. Do you wish to retract that now?

The phrase in common parlance by the way that you are searching for is hostile takeover, but I'm sure that you know that as someone who once attended a meeting carrying the boxes for someone who knows what they are talking about. I've often wondered who all the little juniors are sitting in a corner, desperately scribbling away everything that comes out of the mouths of anyone who actually knows what they are doing and jumping to get coffees - now I know.

Why don't you shove your condescending sexism up your backside. Who do you work for by the way?
I probably know your boss's boss.

Don't waste your breath Lisa. Shaky of the Bailey/Shaky of Wall Street/Shaky Lord of The Dance knows everything. God knows he's demonstrated it often enough on here.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 16:44 - May 24 with 1797 viewsPozuelosSideys

In what way have I misrepresented your views? You stated earlier that you couldn't understand on a basic salary of £700k how you would get to a figure of £2.7m and I pointed out some ways in which this could happen. Do you wish to retract that now?

The phrase in common parlance by the way that you are searching for is hostile takeover, but I'm sure that you know that as someone who once attended a meeting carrying the boxes for someone who knows what they are talking about. I've often wondered who all the little juniors are sitting in a corner, desperately scribbling away everything that comes out of the mouths of anyone who actually knows what they are doing and jumping to get coffees - now I know.

Why don't you shove your condescending sexism up your backside. Who do you work for by the way?

BOOOOOM!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 16:55 - May 24 with 1768 viewsswanny

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:07 - May 24 with 1738 viewsShaky

How did you misrepresent me? I'll give you two examples:

You said: "You referred to an amount of £3m as being the value of the rest of his contract"

That's a lie.

You said: "you believe that the way that a settlement agreement is calculated is by multiplying someone's basic salary by the length of their remaining contract"

That's also a lie.

As for your quaint description of a hostile acquisition you appear to be a little confused with the friendly variant.

In a hostile situation negotiations have failed, so you ask the target for a list of their shareholders and then send then a nice letter explaining how much your client wants to pay for their shares, and why the existing management are not to be relied upon.

You then sit around waiting to see how many people take up your offer.

That's the general gist of things, but if you want more info there's a little blue book called the Takeover Code and SARs that provides further guidance.

Hope that's cleared things up for you.
[Post edited 24 May 2014 17:07]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:22 - May 24 with 1704 viewslondonlisa2001

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:07 - May 24 by Shaky

How did you misrepresent me? I'll give you two examples:

You said: "You referred to an amount of £3m as being the value of the rest of his contract"

That's a lie.

You said: "you believe that the way that a settlement agreement is calculated is by multiplying someone's basic salary by the length of their remaining contract"

That's also a lie.

As for your quaint description of a hostile acquisition you appear to be a little confused with the friendly variant.

In a hostile situation negotiations have failed, so you ask the target for a list of their shareholders and then send then a nice letter explaining how much your client wants to pay for their shares, and why the existing management are not to be relied upon.

You then sit around waiting to see how many people take up your offer.

That's the general gist of things, but if you want more info there's a little blue book called the Takeover Code and SARs that provides further guidance.

Hope that's cleared things up for you.
[Post edited 24 May 2014 17:07]

"If as reported Laudrup's salary is £700k x 1.5 years outstanding on his contract that doesn't get anywhere near the DKK 32 million (~£3m). It is the only possible provision under which he could have achieved anything resembling the £2.7m.

Simple logic."

This is what you said - you multiplied Laudrup's theoretical basic salary by the length of his remaining contract. Do you wish to reword it or do you want to stick with it being the 'only possible provision under which he could have achieved...'

As for the rest of it - laughable. I didn't describe anything, I simply corrected your terminology to that which anyone that had any idea whatsoever what they were talking about would have used.

Why don't you go and read your 'City For Dummies' book again. It's on the pile with your 'Basic Bookkeeping' and 'The Law in an Afternoon'.
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:26 - May 24 with 1691 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:22 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

"If as reported Laudrup's salary is £700k x 1.5 years outstanding on his contract that doesn't get anywhere near the DKK 32 million (~£3m). It is the only possible provision under which he could have achieved anything resembling the £2.7m.

Simple logic."

This is what you said - you multiplied Laudrup's theoretical basic salary by the length of his remaining contract. Do you wish to reword it or do you want to stick with it being the 'only possible provision under which he could have achieved...'

As for the rest of it - laughable. I didn't describe anything, I simply corrected your terminology to that which anyone that had any idea whatsoever what they were talking about would have used.

Why don't you go and read your 'City For Dummies' book again. It's on the pile with your 'Basic Bookkeeping' and 'The Law in an Afternoon'.

You're not only full of shit, "Lisa", but you also have an insatiable appetite for going round in circles.

Like I said, PR sounds about right to me.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:29 - May 24 with 1681 viewsPhil_S

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:26 - May 24 by Shaky

You're not only full of shit, "Lisa", but you also have an insatiable appetite for going round in circles.

I thnk it is fair to say that most of us can see here who is being 'owned' here and for your own clarification it is most definitely you!!
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:31 - May 24 with 1673 viewsperchrockjack

I d like to support shaky but can't as he s being beastly to a lady

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:32 - May 24 with 1667 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:29 - May 24 by Phil_S

I thnk it is fair to say that most of us can see here who is being 'owned' here and for your own clarification it is most definitely you!!

You know how much I value you opinion Phil, so I'm sure you can imagine how much your comments concern me.

Perhaps you could summarise the main points on which I have been owned, so I may urgently go and break out my self-study books.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:32 - May 24 with 1665 viewsPhil_S

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:32 - May 24 by Shaky

You know how much I value you opinion Phil, so I'm sure you can imagine how much your comments concern me.

Perhaps you could summarise the main points on which I have been owned, so I may urgently go and break out my self-study books.

No no it is far better to leave you in your world of delusion

Enjoy your evening
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:39 - May 24 with 1645 viewslondonlisa2001

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:26 - May 24 by Shaky

That's fine. Box carrier and coffee maker also continues to sound about right to me.

Not sure what the "Lisa" is all about - and I do have an insatiable appetite for confronting ridiculous sexist nonsense.

So, in your world, all women have to be in 'PR' or similar do they? Some do other things you know - some are even on the Board of the types of FTSE companies that your bosses advise.... ;)
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:46 - May 24 with 1618 viewsswanny

I'm pretty sure Lisa used to post ages ago on here. Probably driven out be the interminable caucus arguments that have been going on.
Enough to send you round the bend

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:49 - May 24 with 1602 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:39 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

That's fine. Box carrier and coffee maker also continues to sound about right to me.

Not sure what the "Lisa" is all about - and I do have an insatiable appetite for confronting ridiculous sexist nonsense.

So, in your world, all women have to be in 'PR' or similar do they? Some do other things you know - some are even on the Board of the types of FTSE companies that your bosses advise.... ;)

Sexist nonsense my arse. My anecdote pertained to the bulk of the empty-headed vacuous PR "profession".

However, based on the evidence to hand you skills appear mainly in the lies and mudslinging department, which is more on the Brian Basham dirty tricks side of the game.

Has that got you on the board of a FTSE company? Who knows. . or cares.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:53 - May 24 with 1594 viewslondonlisa2001

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:46 - May 24 by swanny

I'm pretty sure Lisa used to post ages ago on here. Probably driven out be the interminable caucus arguments that have been going on.
Enough to send you round the bend

I did indeed - hence the user name - the 2001 bit is when I first registered on the various forums :)

Most discussions can be interesting and informative. Some should be, but end up degenerating into nonsense.

Normally can't be bothered to spend time arguing hence not posting for ages, but recently, some posters have annoyed me so much with their interminable criticism that I felt moved to start posting again!

In this instance, I am sat on a conference call that shows no signs of ending, so am happy to while away a little time playing with Shaky's somewhat over inflated ego.
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:53 - May 24 with 1588 viewsSpratty

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:39 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

Oh the sexist card is it now - my guess was PR long before today Lisa.

Read through your own posts from when you recently started posting

I will answer your questions when I have time to enter in these little games. Pity you ignored the more pointed ones of mine including skipping over the absolute assertion you made when I called you on it.
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:56 - May 24 with 1578 viewsmonmouth

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:53 - May 24 by Spratty

I will answer your questions when I have time to enter in these little games. Pity you ignored the more pointed ones of mine including skipping over the absolute assertion you made when I called you on it.

Oh God, look out, the heavy brigade's arrived. Question is I guess, whether two half wits make a full wit?

I'll join Phil in saying au revoir and have a nice evening all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:57 - May 24 with 1576 viewsDarran

You still haven't answered mine.
Why did you say you hoped the club lost a court case if Laudrup had been shafted?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:58 - May 24 with 1573 viewsPozuelosSideys

Oops.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:00 - May 24 with 1559 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:53 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

I did indeed - hence the user name - the 2001 bit is when I first registered on the various forums :)

Most discussions can be interesting and informative. Some should be, but end up degenerating into nonsense.

Normally can't be bothered to spend time arguing hence not posting for ages, but recently, some posters have annoyed me so much with their interminable criticism that I felt moved to start posting again!

In this instance, I am sat on a conference call that shows no signs of ending, so am happy to while away a little time playing with Shaky's somewhat over inflated ego.

So Lisa, I am sat here looking at this publication.

The Female FTSE Board Report 2014

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC4QFjAA&u

According to that you must be either

Lisa Hook (56), Senior Independent Director at Reed Elsevier
American

or

Lisa Mitchel, Chief Financial Officer, Ophir Energy.
Australian.

G'day Lisa, is it?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:05 - May 24 with 1537 viewslondonlisa2001

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 17:49 - May 24 by Shaky

Sexist nonsense my arse. My anecdote pertained to the bulk of the empty-headed vacuous PR "profession".

However, based on the evidence to hand you skills appear mainly in the lies and mudslinging department, which is more on the Brian Basham dirty tricks side of the game.

Has that got you on the board of a FTSE company? Who knows. . or cares.

no it didn't!

Your anecdote was an attempt to belittle someone who had the temerity to point out the flaws in your argument, by insinuating that they lacked your wealth of experience.

You chose to do so by picking a profession that you believe to be full of vacuous, air-headed women, hence the story about your 'girlfriend'. You would not have made the same comment to a man, and that, my friend, is sexism.

The only mudslinging that has gone on in this entire discussion is from you. I have simply pointed out, and without resorting to 'you're full of shit' type comments where your argument falls apart.

I have not told a single lie, nor have I slung any mud whatsoever.

If you were slightly less full of your own sense of self importance, you wouldn't worry so much about discussions of this type, and neither would you resort to such patronising crap as you have done.
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:06 - May 24 with 1531 viewsreddythered

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:00 - May 24 by Shaky

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC4QFjAA&u

American

or

Australian.

G'day Lisa, is it?

Care to point out where Lisa has stated she's on the board of a FTSE company?

Or are you making things up to try to bolster your weak position?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:10 - May 24 with 1508 viewslondonlisa2001

Read what I said again. I started by saying 'these types of cases hardly ever go to court' and I later stated when you said that was inaccurate that I had been involved with many cases over the years and had never been to court.

Neither of these statements is an absolute assertion. One allowed for exceptions and the other was a statement of personal experience.

And I really don't care whether you think I'm in PR or not.
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:12 - May 24 with 1499 viewsNeath_Jack

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:00 - May 24 by Shaky

American

or

Australian.

G'day Lisa, is it?

Yo Shakes. My name is neither Neath nor Jack.

Just putting that out there, so you don't make any more assumptions and make yourself look even sillier.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:15 - May 24 with 1490 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:06 - May 24 by reddythered

Care to point out where Lisa has stated she's on the board of a FTSE company?

Or are you making things up to try to bolster your weak position?

She said: "So, in your world, all women have to be in 'PR' or similar do they? Some do other things you know - some are even on the Board of the types of FTSE companies that your bosses advise.... ;) "

So you are saying this is to be interpreted strictly on a hypothetical basis?

Whatever.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:16 - May 24 with 1483 viewsDarran

Shakes seriously Dude you're having a f*cking mare.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024