Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Settlement reached with Laudrup 17:49 - May 23 with 38569 viewsHubert

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/laudrup-settlement-1572206.aspx
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:37 - May 24 with 1996 viewsPozuelosSideys

Well Spratty was NicNac and Strider too.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:39 - May 24 with 1974 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:17 - May 24 by JackSomething

You sure about that Shaky?

This was a response in your ongoing back and forth with Lisa. Shame you did it from your wrong account.

I know you'll deny it, like you deny being owned in this thread, but you're not convincing anyone.

BTW, no need for an apology, JS.

I'm just relieved you didn't also accuse me of being a misogynist.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:40 - May 24 with 1975 viewsUxbridge

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:21 - May 24 by Darran

Look you div the point was its only fair they gets their money for some but obviously not in all cases.
Know what and I'm being serious Laudrup left in the first week of February and I'm sick to death of hearing about the miserable tw*t.

You'll have to translate that for me. Think it may be time you leave the big boys and girls thread, take your meds and turn in ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:45 - May 24 with 1949 viewsDarran

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:40 - May 24 by Uxbridge

You'll have to translate that for me. Think it may be time you leave the big boys and girls thread, take your meds and turn in ...

A contract is a contract but isn't when it suits,get back in your cot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:46 - May 24 with 1939 viewsUxbridge

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:45 - May 24 by Darran

A contract is a contract but isn't when it suits,get back in your cot.

Oh dear. Get back in the shallow end mun.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:58 - May 24 with 1933 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:26 - May 24 by JackSomething

Thank you for the compliment. It looked very much like you were posting as Spratty. Nothing to do with following the majority. If I'm wrong, then I'll apologise.

And one final thought on the subject of mass-psychology before I shut down.

For shits I just went back and counted 6 posts by Phil all talking me down, and each without a shred of substance.

Consider this; does constant repetition in reality strengthen this this type of argument? Or does it strengthen the perception that it is true?
[Post edited 24 May 2014 22:59]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 23:31 - May 24 with 1891 viewsDavillin

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 20:52 - May 24 by Musical_Swan

"LISA! LISA! LISA!"

Loving this thread! Thanks!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 23:34 - May 24 with 1888 viewsJackSomething

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:29 - May 24 by Darran

As much as I likes a wind up myself Shaky isn't Spratty and as much as Shaky can be annoying its a disgusting slur to think he's Spratty.

In that case, Shaky you have my apologies.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 23:37 - May 24 with 1879 viewsJackSomething

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 22:39 - May 24 by Shaky

BTW, no need for an apology, JS.

I'm just relieved you didn't also accuse me of being a misogynist.

You have it anyway, as you can see above.

If I had, would that have been better than calling you a misologist?
[Post edited 24 May 2014 23:39]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 23:54 - May 24 with 1858 viewslondonlisa2001

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 23:31 - May 24 by Davillin

Goodness - haven't heard that in years.

She was married to someone well known wasn't she? Can't recall who.
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 23:59 - May 24 with 1848 viewsDarran

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 23:54 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

She did a few Lis.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 00:01 - May 25 with 1842 viewslondonlisa2001

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 23:59 - May 24 by Darran

She did a few Lis.

lol - well good to know she maintained the tradition of great country singers then!
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 00:04 - May 25 with 1835 viewsHighjack

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 23:54 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

Willie Nelson wasn't it?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 00:10 - May 25 with 1828 viewslondonlisa2001

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 00:04 - May 25 by Highjack

Willie Nelson wasn't it?

just looked - Duane Eddy was who I was thinking of, although it seems she was also married to Waylon Jennings for years as well.
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 00:10 - May 25 with 1825 viewsHighjack

Waylon Jennings. I always get those two mixed up.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 08:23 - May 25 with 1775 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 23:37 - May 24 by JackSomething

You have it anyway, as you can see above.

If I had, would that have been better than calling you a misologist?
[Post edited 24 May 2014 23:39]

Neither better nor worse, just another smear/lie to deal with.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 08:27 - May 25 with 1773 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 18:51 - May 24 by londonlisa2001

It really wasn't you know.

It is actually factually correct, albeit disappointing, that the majority of women serving on the Board of FTSE companies are HR Directors.

And no, I am not in HR either :)

Like I said, Lisa, you're full of shit.
=====================
Less than 1% of FTSE 50 board directors have HR background

Just five of the 595 board directors of the UK’s 50 largest listed companies have a background in HR
HR professionals sitting on UK boards see average annual pay rise 6.5% to £853,000

Only five of the board directors of the FTSE 50 have a background in HR.

Research by HR recruiter Ortus, shows HR professionals are seriously underrepresented at board level in British companies. Out of the 595 board members of companies in the 50 largest quoted companies in the UK, Ortus found only five came from a HR background, meaning less than 1% of the UK’s most senior executives have expertise in HR.

Stephen Menko, director of Ortus said: “It’s astonishing that while HR directors are pivotal to an organisation’s growth and long-term success, they are almost completely absent at board level in some of the UK’s largest companies.

“The level of underrepresentation of HR professionals in the top jobs is even more surprising when one considers the importance of their role. Any company is only as good as the people it employs and HR is on the front line when it comes to sourcing, engaging and retaining employees who can take their companies forward. Failure to look after the HR functions of a business have serious consequences, but there is an ongoing sense of prejudice in the UK that HR is less strategic than other support functions. It’s a very misguided way of thinking”.

The highest earning director with an HR background is Vodafone’s Chief Executive Vittorio Colao, whose salary rose £66,000 last year to £2.7m. His company currently employs 84,000 people around the world. The next highest director with an HR background was Clare Chapman of Kingfisher, who received £510,000 last year1.

http://www.ortushr.co.uk/less-than-1-of-ftse-50-board-directors-have-hr-backgrou

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 08:46 - May 25 with 1747 viewsswanny

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 08:27 - May 25 by Shaky

Like I said, Lisa, you're full of shit.
=====================
Less than 1% of FTSE 50 board directors have HR background

Just five of the 595 board directors of the UK’s 50 largest listed companies have a background in HR
HR professionals sitting on UK boards see average annual pay rise 6.5% to £853,000

Only five of the board directors of the FTSE 50 have a background in HR.

Research by HR recruiter Ortus, shows HR professionals are seriously underrepresented at board level in British companies. Out of the 595 board members of companies in the 50 largest quoted companies in the UK, Ortus found only five came from a HR background, meaning less than 1% of the UK’s most senior executives have expertise in HR.

Stephen Menko, director of Ortus said: “It’s astonishing that while HR directors are pivotal to an organisation’s growth and long-term success, they are almost completely absent at board level in some of the UK’s largest companies.

“The level of underrepresentation of HR professionals in the top jobs is even more surprising when one considers the importance of their role. Any company is only as good as the people it employs and HR is on the front line when it comes to sourcing, engaging and retaining employees who can take their companies forward. Failure to look after the HR functions of a business have serious consequences, but there is an ongoing sense of prejudice in the UK that HR is less strategic than other support functions. It’s a very misguided way of thinking”.

The highest earning director with an HR background is Vodafone’s Chief Executive Vittorio Colao, whose salary rose £66,000 last year to £2.7m. His company currently employs 84,000 people around the world. The next highest director with an HR background was Clare Chapman of Kingfisher, who received £510,000 last year1.

http://www.ortushr.co.uk/less-than-1-of-ftse-50-board-directors-have-hr-backgrou

Is 'H R Director' and 'Director with a background in H R' the same thing'

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 08:50 - May 25 with 1741 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 08:46 - May 25 by swanny

Is 'H R Director' and 'Director with a background in H R' the same thing'

Well spotted.

The people mentioned 'with a background in H R' both served on their respective boards as CEOs.

The problem here is that as a rule HR directors do not serve on the main boards of major companies, a fact that high powered Lisa seems strangely unaware of.

And that is "actually factually correct".
[Post edited 25 May 2014 8:52]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:07 - May 25 with 1712 viewsItchySphincter

Laudrup held a press conference after his departure to give his side of the story which in itself was absurd. He went on to sat F-all due to impending legal action against my club. How anyone could support him at that stage is beyond my comprehension. Months later he has accepted as settlement, as expected by everyone with anything more than a pea for a brain. How any Swans fan could get behind him the hope the "fairness prevails" is bonkers, everyone knows how these things work.

IMO he's lucky. If you or I rocked up to work for 18 months displaying a distinct lack of drive and ambition and a suspect attitude we'd be in trouble. The club couldn't possibly prove that though. I've got nothing against the bloke but it grinds the gears when some lunatics start an anti board, Monk, Ash, pro Laudrup campaign just because of some helpless man crush.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:13 - May 25 with 1708 viewsswanny

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:07 - May 25 by ItchySphincter

Laudrup held a press conference after his departure to give his side of the story which in itself was absurd. He went on to sat F-all due to impending legal action against my club. How anyone could support him at that stage is beyond my comprehension. Months later he has accepted as settlement, as expected by everyone with anything more than a pea for a brain. How any Swans fan could get behind him the hope the "fairness prevails" is bonkers, everyone knows how these things work.

IMO he's lucky. If you or I rocked up to work for 18 months displaying a distinct lack of drive and ambition and a suspect attitude we'd be in trouble. The club couldn't possibly prove that though. I've got nothing against the bloke but it grinds the gears when some lunatics start an anti board, Monk, Ash, pro Laudrup campaign just because of some helpless man crush.

I am 100% with you on this, I'm struggling to follow what Shaky is saying, and I probably shouldn't bother anyway, but it's better than housework.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:23 - May 25 with 1693 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:13 - May 25 by swanny

I am 100% with you on this, I'm struggling to follow what Shaky is saying, and I probably shouldn't bother anyway, but it's better than housework.

It is very simple Swanny.

Lisa said: "It is actually factually correct, albeit disappointing, that the majority of women serving on the Board of FTSE companies are HR Directors. "

Type into Google the name of any household name British company followed by "board of directors".

Then check

1) Is there somebody on the board who has the title HR director

2) IF such as person sits on the board is that a woman.

I have personally done a handful and have found 0/0, which is consistent with my expectation set out a few pages ago, as well as the article I linked to above.

It is always nice to verify these things yourself, however, rather rely on the din of the crowd.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:23 - May 25 with 1692 viewsswanny

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 08:50 - May 25 by Shaky

Well spotted.

The people mentioned 'with a background in H R' both served on their respective boards as CEOs.

The problem here is that as a rule HR directors do not serve on the main boards of major companies, a fact that high powered Lisa seems strangely unaware of.

And that is "actually factually correct".
[Post edited 25 May 2014 8:52]

Well I've looked further into this, and one fifth of the FTSE100 board members are women and there is no information available (without paying for it)to say whether they have or have not got a background in HR. So to say that 'Lisa is full of shit' strikes me as being offensive. OOPS edited to add that I got my Fermi policy mixed up there...
[Post edited 25 May 2014 9:27]

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:27 - May 25 with 1680 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:23 - May 25 by swanny

Well I've looked further into this, and one fifth of the FTSE100 board members are women and there is no information available (without paying for it)to say whether they have or have not got a background in HR. So to say that 'Lisa is full of shit' strikes me as being offensive. OOPS edited to add that I got my Fermi policy mixed up there...

That is not what Lisa said.

I'm in a generous mood through, so I'll put it down to an honest mistake on your part.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:43 - May 25 with 1654 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:23 - May 25 by swanny

Looking at this another way, eyeballing the numbers it looks like there is a minimum average of 10 directors for each of the FTSE-100 companies, making a total in excess of 1,000 directors.

If 20% are women that's at least 200 female directors, which BTW sounds low to me.

According to Lisa's "actual facts" a majority of those should be HR directors, which implies that all 100 FTSE companies have a female HR director on their main board, and one or more has at least two!

Now maybe it is offensive to call Lisa full of shit. It is nevertheless the truth.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024