Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Settlement reached with Laudrup 17:49 - May 23 with 38567 viewsHubert

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/laudrup-settlement-1572206.aspx
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:47 - May 25 with 1881 viewsPhil_S

Did she say 20% of directors are women?
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:51 - May 25 with 1867 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:47 - May 25 by Phil_S

Did she say 20% of directors are women?

Out trolling again, Phil?

That's my cue to head to Sainsburys.

- 3 out of 10 board members female
- 0 out of 10 board members HR directors
- 0 out of 10 board members female HR directors

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:54 - May 25 with 1863 viewsPhil_S

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:51 - May 25 by Shaky

Out trolling again, Phil?

That's my cue to head to Sainsburys.

- 3 out of 10 board members female
- 0 out of 10 board members HR directors
- 0 out of 10 board members female HR directors

Trolling? Just asking a question no need for you to be so touchy

You obviously regrouped yourself last night
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:54 - May 25 with 1862 viewsPozuelosSideys

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:43 - May 25 by Shaky

Looking at this another way, eyeballing the numbers it looks like there is a minimum average of 10 directors for each of the FTSE-100 companies, making a total in excess of 1,000 directors.

If 20% are women that's at least 200 female directors, which BTW sounds low to me.

According to Lisa's "actual facts" a majority of those should be HR directors, which implies that all 100 FTSE companies have a female HR director on their main board, and one or more has at least two!

Now maybe it is offensive to call Lisa full of shit. It is nevertheless the truth.

You're getting more and more confused.

Let's be honest, she tore you a new one and youre wriggling around like a little worm on a hook.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 10:13 - May 25 with 1813 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:54 - May 25 by Phil_S

Trolling? Just asking a question no need for you to be so touchy

You obviously regrouped yourself last night

If you can't even follow the conversation at such a basic level, maybe you should withhold your multiple pronouncements on who's getting the better of whom.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 10:14 - May 25 with 1810 viewsShaky

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 09:54 - May 25 by PozuelosSideys

You're getting more and more confused.

Let's be honest, she tore you a new one and youre wriggling around like a little worm on a hook.

Maybe by the time I get back with the shopping you can come up with something substantive. I'm not holding my breath, however.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 10:21 - May 25 with 1807 viewsPhil_S

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 10:13 - May 25 by Shaky

If you can't even follow the conversation at such a basic level, maybe you should withhold your multiple pronouncements on who's getting the better of whom.

Nothing changes you can't answer the basic questions so have a nice day
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 10:26 - May 25 with 1799 viewsswanny

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 10:14 - May 25 by Shaky

Maybe by the time I get back with the shopping you can come up with something substantive. I'm not holding my breath, however.

Look,I have no idea what this tells me, other than the fact that you can gather facts to support anything.....out of 100 FTSE companies, there are 50 directors named with responsibilities including but not limited to HR. Out of those 50, 2 are women. Extrapolating those figures (which, whilst not necessarily accurate) statistically shows that the only two women named have responsibility for (though not necessarily limited to) HR. Am I missing something here?

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Login to get fewer ads

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 10:28 - May 25 with 1792 viewsPozuelosSideys

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 10:14 - May 25 by Shaky

There is no need for something with more substance. You move the numbers around, you move the definitions around, you misinterpret everything everyone says and frankly, you havent got a clue as to what youre talking about, just like i mentioned when you entered this thread.

Youve made yourself a laughing stock on this thread. Id be sooo embarrassed.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:21 - May 25 with 1746 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jeez I can't believe this thread is still running .
Does any of this sh*t really matter?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:25 - May 25 with 1742 viewsDarran

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:21 - May 25 by Brynmill_Jack

It's Sprattys life cut him some slack like,he's gutted it didn't go to court so he could support Loudstrop.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:26 - May 25 with 1739 viewsswanny

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:21 - May 25 by Brynmill_Jack

No, it matters not a jot - I had way too much time on my hands :(

I'm watching the ODI now, so that's probably me done for the rest of the day.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:28 - May 25 with 1730 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:26 - May 25 by swanny

No, it matters not a jot - I had way too much time on my hands :(

I'm watching the ODI now, so that's probably me done for the rest of the day.

Enjoy your Pimms! And pass your husband the phone and the takeaway menu

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:32 - May 25 with 1727 viewsswanny

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:28 - May 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Enjoy your Pimms! And pass your husband the phone and the takeaway menu

I made the mistake of buying the elderflower Pimms - it's way too sweet so I'm mixing it with Fernet Branca - probably a mistake but I can't bring myself to waste it.

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:43 - May 25 with 1708 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:32 - May 25 by swanny

I made the mistake of buying the elderflower Pimms - it's way too sweet so I'm mixing it with Fernet Branca - probably a mistake but I can't bring myself to waste it.

I know. I'm like that with all my alcohol too

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:56 - May 25 with 1679 viewsDrizzy

The PS hounds as it again.

They don't like your style, Shake, but they don't want to challenge you so they'll ride the coattails of anybody who does.

It only takes a couple of them to claim you're "taking a hammering" for them to all to jump on the bandwagon.

Read this thread without his comments and it's a rather asinine back and forth between two posters who really don't have enough information to be discussing the topic in such depth.

As you were though.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 12:17 - May 25 with 1653 viewsswanny

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 11:56 - May 25 by Drizzy

The PS hounds as it again.

They don't like your style, Shake, but they don't want to challenge you so they'll ride the coattails of anybody who does.

It only takes a couple of them to claim you're "taking a hammering" for them to all to jump on the bandwagon.

Read this thread without his comments and it's a rather asinine back and forth between two posters who really don't have enough information to be discussing the topic in such depth.

As you were though.

Well, you don't name who you deem to be 'riding the coat tails' - so I'll take it that I'm included in that, since I'm just sitting here watching the ODI, I'll reply on behalf of the coattail riders....I have taken exception to certain legal posturing from Shaky before and commented to that effect, in this particular case I didn't like his assertion that Lisa was full of shit...so I went to look up the information for myself and found that not to be the case....in fact as I said you can randomly pluck out figures and facts to suit any argument. I'm not disputing that the whole thread is an 'asinine back and forth between (although not limited to) two posters, what I am suggesting is that Shaky has no further insider knowledge on how these things work than anybody else, even though his posts appear to be from a position of absolute certainty. Whereas, in the past, Lisa has posted both thoughtfully and accurately on many subjects, therefore I (and several other posters) chose to prefer Lisa's argument. I hope this helps you.

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:19 - May 25 with 1614 viewslondonlisa2001

Much as it pains me to add anything more to this topic I'll make a couple of quick points:

Shaky - there are not 50 nor indeed 100 FTSE companies - there are a couple of thousand ish companies listed on the London Stock Exchange and about half of them are part of the FTSE.

Therefore taking any subset (none of which I mentioned - at no point did I say FTSE100 for example), and saying that makes me full of shit demonstrates absolutely nothing other than a total lack of knowledge on your part.

Having a background in HR and being a HR director are two different things (as Swanny pointed out).

Looking through any list of exec directors of FTSE100 companies does not mean you'll find all members of FTSE Boards. It simply means you'll find exec directors of 100 FTSE companies, so a subset of a subset.

Sainsbury or anyone else is not necessarily representative, so why you would expect them to exactly mimic an overall position beggars belief.

At no point did I make myself out to be 'high powered' or anything else - these are your words alone - all I said was that I was not in PR and that not all women were -I pointed out that some women were even on the Board of the companies that you supposedly advise.

I have absolutely no wish, nor indeed any need to inflate my ego by arguing on a message board with a rude bullyboy and that is exactly what you are. You make sweeping and often inaccurate statements about all things finance and legal related, based on, I'm sure, some knowledge and I have no doubt whatsoever that you are thrilled with your own 'high powered' position. Well done - you are obviously used to being the most knowledgeable person in a room. But if from time to time, you find yourself in a position where someone challenges you on aspects of what you have said, you may find it better for your development to avoid throwing your toys around and desperately searching for 'facts' to catch them out and instead listen.

Some knowledge comes from experience rather than looking stuff up on the internet you know.
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:23 - May 25 with 1607 viewsDarran

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:19 - May 25 by londonlisa2001

Much as it pains me to add anything more to this topic I'll make a couple of quick points:

Shaky - there are not 50 nor indeed 100 FTSE companies - there are a couple of thousand ish companies listed on the London Stock Exchange and about half of them are part of the FTSE.

Therefore taking any subset (none of which I mentioned - at no point did I say FTSE100 for example), and saying that makes me full of shit demonstrates absolutely nothing other than a total lack of knowledge on your part.

Having a background in HR and being a HR director are two different things (as Swanny pointed out).

Looking through any list of exec directors of FTSE100 companies does not mean you'll find all members of FTSE Boards. It simply means you'll find exec directors of 100 FTSE companies, so a subset of a subset.

Sainsbury or anyone else is not necessarily representative, so why you would expect them to exactly mimic an overall position beggars belief.

At no point did I make myself out to be 'high powered' or anything else - these are your words alone - all I said was that I was not in PR and that not all women were -I pointed out that some women were even on the Board of the companies that you supposedly advise.

I have absolutely no wish, nor indeed any need to inflate my ego by arguing on a message board with a rude bullyboy and that is exactly what you are. You make sweeping and often inaccurate statements about all things finance and legal related, based on, I'm sure, some knowledge and I have no doubt whatsoever that you are thrilled with your own 'high powered' position. Well done - you are obviously used to being the most knowledgeable person in a room. But if from time to time, you find yourself in a position where someone challenges you on aspects of what you have said, you may find it better for your development to avoid throwing your toys around and desperately searching for 'facts' to catch them out and instead listen.

Some knowledge comes from experience rather than looking stuff up on the internet you know.

Phwoar,do you power dress Lis?

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:30 - May 25 with 1591 viewsswanny

girl power

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:31 - May 25 with 1593 viewsDarran

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:30 - May 25 by swanny

girl power

We could have a LDL sandwich.

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:32 - May 25 with 1593 viewslondonlisa2001

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:23 - May 25 by Darran

Phwoar,do you power dress Lis?

unless jogging bottoms and a hoodie is deemed power dressing then today, not so much ;)
Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:54 - May 25 with 1564 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:32 - May 25 by londonlisa2001

unless jogging bottoms and a hoodie is deemed power dressing then today, not so much ;)

Jogging bottoms and a hoodie? Phwoar !!

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 15:40 - May 25 with 1508 viewsMusical_Swan

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 13:54 - May 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Jogging bottoms and a hoodie? Phwoar !!

I know! Does it for me too, although pyjama bottoms work just as well!!!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 15:42 - May 25 with 1501 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Settlement reached with Laudrup on 15:40 - May 25 by Musical_Swan

I know! Does it for me too, although pyjama bottoms work just as well!!!

Those crotchless shellsuits are flying out of Ann Summers in Mountain Ash mind

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024