Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🔴 The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 14:36 - May 5 with 217497 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-and-swansea-city-keen-on-b

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:19 - Aug 20 with 3547 viewsKeithHaynes

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 21:36 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

He had pace and wanted to get the ball forward quickly. No use to Russy at all.

Strong rumours of signings imminent according to ITK types on Twitter.

There’s definitely a loan, and work being completed on a permanent.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:44 - Aug 21 with 3305 viewsDr_Winston

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 23:19 - Aug 20 by KeithHaynes

There’s definitely a loan, and work being completed on a permanent.

Good.

For all the whining we should be reasonably placed come window's end, and much less likely to need another ten figure bailout.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:04 - Aug 21 with 3241 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 06:44 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

Good.

For all the whining we should be reasonably placed come window's end, and much less likely to need another ten figure bailout.

If they don't use some imagination to increase the turnover, attendances, merchandise, hospitality is way down ect I wouldn't rule it out. We need a good start to the season to gain momentum.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:11 - Aug 21 with 3213 viewsDr_Winston

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:04 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

If they don't use some imagination to increase the turnover, attendances, merchandise, hospitality is way down ect I wouldn't rule it out. We need a good start to the season to gain momentum.

They need an entertaining team. Perhaps even more so than one succeeding just by grinding out points, Cooper/Southgate style. Definitely more than one that promises it but fails to deliver.

If the team is capable of getting bums off seats then crowds will rise. People are bored of being bored, which we have been far too often over the last five years. There are better things to do on a Saturday.

We're going about it the right way by bringing in players like Eom. Players with that certain extra something that excites fans. It's down to Williams to give us something worth watching.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:15 - Aug 21 with 3175 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:11 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

They need an entertaining team. Perhaps even more so than one succeeding just by grinding out points, Cooper/Southgate style. Definitely more than one that promises it but fails to deliver.

If the team is capable of getting bums off seats then crowds will rise. People are bored of being bored, which we have been far too often over the last five years. There are better things to do on a Saturday.

We're going about it the right way by bringing in players like Eom. Players with that certain extra something that excites fans. It's down to Williams to give us something worth watching.

A winning team helps. At home last season wins were few and far between, that has to have had a knock on this season in sales.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:26 - Aug 21 with 3142 viewsDr_Winston

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:15 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

A winning team helps. At home last season wins were few and far between, that has to have had a knock on this season in sales.

Winning yes, but winning with at least a bit of flair.

I absolutely agree that our home form last season has cost us in attendances for this one, but I think we need more than a team that just grinds results out. We need to enthuse people again.

If Williams gets us into the top six but plays dull, modern style "possession" football to do it then crowds won't rise much IMO. I'm encouraged by what I saw for spells on Saturday that he's wising up about that, but we've a long way to go.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:43 - Aug 21 with 3085 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:26 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

Winning yes, but winning with at least a bit of flair.

I absolutely agree that our home form last season has cost us in attendances for this one, but I think we need more than a team that just grinds results out. We need to enthuse people again.

If Williams gets us into the top six but plays dull, modern style "possession" football to do it then crowds won't rise much IMO. I'm encouraged by what I saw for spells on Saturday that he's wising up about that, but we've a long way to go.

We will be top six Sunday evening
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:47 - Aug 21 with 3049 viewsonehunglow

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:15 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

Nothing people like more than success in life
It runs through our veins
It is omnipresent in everything we do and everyone we interact with .
We want our kids to be a success ,our sporting team ,indeed our own lives .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:58 - Aug 21 with 3016 viewsDr_Winston

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:43 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

We will be top six Sunday evening

Just been looking back at the 10/11 season, the last time attendances dipped.

We weren't tremendously fun to watch for a lot of the time during Brendan's first season and attendances hovered around the 13-14,000 mark. Our crowds didn't really start coming close to maxing out until the game we beat Leeds 3-0, which crowned a four match winning run in which we scored eleven goals.

After that we really kicked into gear (playing Dobbie through the middle made it for me) and we didn't have a gate below 16,000. That's what people want. Entertainment as much as success.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:22 - Aug 21 with 2802 viewsThurrockJack92

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:58 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

We weren't tremendously fun to watch for a lot of the time during Brendan's first season and attendances hovered around the 13-14,000 mark. Our crowds didn't really start coming close to maxing out until the game we beat Leeds 3-0, which crowned a four match winning run in which we scored eleven goals.

After that we really kicked into gear (playing Dobbie through the middle made it for me) and we didn't have a gate below 16,000. That's what people want. Entertainment as much as success.

I have always said that football is primarily entertainment. For a club of our stature there is really nothing more important to maintaining the club, since we are unlikely to win any trophies for some time.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:30 - Aug 21 with 2767 viewstheloneranger

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 20:20 - Aug 20 by RhonddaSwans

Oko flex was class should of been given more of a chance here

Oko -Flex was released by West Ham at the end of that season - they didn't take up the extra year option.

He signed for FC Zurich.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:31 - Aug 21 with 2762 viewsvetchonian

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 07:58 - Aug 21 by Dr_Winston

very true Doc but i also wonder if we do have entertaining football will it being back gans who can now sit at home at watch games as a result if the new tv agreements

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:36 - Aug 21 with 2732 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:31 - Aug 21 by vetchonian

very true Doc but i also wonder if we do have entertaining football will it being back gans who can now sit at home at watch games as a result if the new tv agreements

With only a couple of hundred Preston fans there Saturday the crowd really was quite decent considering where we currently are and the TV deal.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:56 - Aug 21 with 2597 viewsmagicdaps10

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:31 - Aug 21 by vetchonian

100% spot on.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 10:10 - Aug 21 with 2530 viewsDr_Winston

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 09:36 - Aug 21 by Whiterockin

With only a couple of hundred Preston fans there Saturday the crowd really was quite decent considering where we currently are and the TV deal.

Yep.

If we have sold 9500 ST's then that's a walk up crowd of well over 3500. Way higher than it could have been given the teams struggles over the last three years.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:50 - Aug 21 with 1913 viewstheloneranger

I see our former loan player Rhys Williams, has now gone on loan to Morecambe.

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:04 - Aug 21 with 1901 viewsraynor94

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 13:50 - Aug 21 by theloneranger

I see our former loan player Rhys Williams, has now gone on loan to Morecambe.

He really wasn't very good, perhaps this is his level

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:02 - Aug 21 with 1735 viewsvetchonian

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 14:04 - Aug 21 by raynor94

He really wasn't very good, perhaps this is his level

Klopp thought he was good enough for Premier and Champions league football

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:45 - Aug 21 with 1570 viewsunion_jack

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:02 - Aug 21 by vetchonian

Well, that’s what he told us😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:51 - Aug 21 with 1517 viewsWhiterockin

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:02 - Aug 21 by vetchonian

Klopp had little choice Liverpool were ravaged by injuries.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/rhys-williams-liverpool-defender-man-city-tra
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:57 - Aug 21 with 1472 viewsmax936

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:45 - Aug 21 by union_jack

Well, that’s what he told us😁

For balance he played in a Champion League game and did well from what I remember, his confidence took a massive knock afterwards, not sure if it was caused by the racist comments he suffered at Luton, but he never seemed himself after that, maybe a coincidence, don't think Luton suffered any consequences either.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:58 - Aug 21 with 1460 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:57 - Aug 21 by max936

For balance he played in a Champion League game and did well from what I remember, his confidence took a massive knock afterwards, not sure if it was caused by the racist comments he suffered at Luton, but he never seemed himself after that, maybe a coincidence, don't think Luton suffered any consequences either.

Take your red tinted specs off, he was sh!te for us.
[Post edited 21 Aug 15:58]
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:08 - Aug 21 with 1396 viewsvetchonian

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 15:58 - Aug 21 by Fireboy2

Take your red tinted specs off, he was sh!te for us.
[Post edited 21 Aug 15:58]

played out of position he played 6 times in the Vhampions league on the left of the defence.....someone decided to play him on the right and Cabango whonis more right sided on the left

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:27 - Aug 21 with 1297 viewsFireboy2

The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:08 - Aug 21 by vetchonian

played out of position he played 6 times in the Vhampions league on the left of the defence.....someone decided to play him on the right and Cabango whonis more right sided on the left

I remember williams playing on the left against boro when he just ambled about not caring a jot.
The Summer Transfer Rumours Thread on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 1127 viewstheloneranger

Looks like another ex loan player Charlie Patino on his way to Deportiva La Coruna for £1m.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024