Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED 21:06 - Oct 29 with 12832 viewsModeratorC

Big bad Bobby Madley returns to Swansea.
That’s the news in this game.

Swansea City v Sunderland (15:00)
ROBERT MADLEY
Craig Taylor and Robert Merchant
Fourth Official : Ben Atkinson

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61196/josh-key-out-until

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61201/mad-bob-the-englis

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61209/rushworth-on-top-o

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:08 - Nov 4 with 2109 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 11:23 - Nov 4 by Fireboy2

Great 🙄

Wish I was wrong 😪
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:18 - Nov 4 with 2042 viewsJust_Dave

Good gutsy point against the odds. Regardless of any shortcomings in the team you can't question our commitment. Everyone contributed and left it out on the pitch.
As for Maddely, makes Mike Dean look like Collina
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:55 - Nov 4 with 1913 viewsSgorioFruit

Bobby Madely, shouldnt be allowed to ref again after his shocking corrupt biased backhander bribery controversial performance AGAINST Newport county at Wembley.
Answer that one

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:12 - Nov 4 with 1848 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:55 - Nov 4 by SgorioFruit

Bobby Madely, shouldnt be allowed to ref again after his shocking corrupt biased backhander bribery controversial performance AGAINST Newport county at Wembley.
Answer that one

Oh well, poor Newport.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:42 - Nov 4 with 1759 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:12 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

Oh well, poor Newport.

and Swansea today, by the sounds of it

until these people are called out for corruption it will continue

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:50 - Nov 4 with 1729 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:42 - Nov 4 by SgorioFruit

and Swansea today, by the sounds of it

until these people are called out for corruption it will continue

Possibly incompetence, most certainly a form of bias they don’t understand because of their lack of awareness. But I see no signs of corruption.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:52 - Nov 4 with 1704 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:50 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

Possibly incompetence, most certainly a form of bias they don’t understand because of their lack of awareness. But I see no signs of corruption.

Coincidence then.
Emotion doesn’t have to have to be right

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:07 - Nov 4 with 1687 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:50 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

all 3 on pitch officials were dodgy today
the assistant referee in frontnof the West missed several offsides as well as blatant fouls...Lowe was getting pulled and caught around the throat yet nothing given
in the first half Sumderland were given a corner respite it being our goal kick as the assistant referee wouldn't make the decision.
I hope the.club submits a complaint the Patino bookings were suspect especially innlight of how he treated similar from Sunderland choosing to lecture their players than issue a card. The Fulton booking atrocious.
All that said a great team performance to get the.point and well done to Duff how he set-us up to do it

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:40 - Nov 4 with 1596 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:07 - Nov 4 by vetchonian

all 3 on pitch officials were dodgy today
the assistant referee in frontnof the West missed several offsides as well as blatant fouls...Lowe was getting pulled and caught around the throat yet nothing given
in the first half Sumderland were given a corner respite it being our goal kick as the assistant referee wouldn't make the decision.
I hope the.club submits a complaint the Patino bookings were suspect especially innlight of how he treated similar from Sunderland choosing to lecture their players than issue a card. The Fulton booking atrocious.
All that said a great team performance to get the.point and well done to Duff how he set-us up to do it

Cant say about the west stand linesman ( sue me ) but the East was poor , non decision makers which I suspect was more down to Madley preening himself making all decisions including trying to have an off side freekick taken from the wrong position . Corner which went for a goal kick to them, and the manhandling of Ashby & Cullen .poor all round today from officials on that display better suited to working down the baling plant sorting out rubbish

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:42 - Nov 4 with 1591 viewsbuilthjack

Madley should never referee again.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:11 - Nov 4 with 1512 viewsTreforys_Jack

Ollie Cooper made 2 tackles that were worthy of yellow cards and both were far worse than either of Patino's. Their no 5 aggressively pushed Darling 2 handed in the chest in the immediate aftermath of Madley awarding the penalty. It was in the middle of the area, yet neither of the linesman nor the clown in charge saw it. A possible red card for violent behaviour, certainly a yellow.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:15 - Nov 4 with 1495 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:11 - Nov 4 by Treforys_Jack

Ollie Cooper made 2 tackles that were worthy of yellow cards and both were far worse than either of Patino's. Their no 5 aggressively pushed Darling 2 handed in the chest in the immediate aftermath of Madley awarding the penalty. It was in the middle of the area, yet neither of the linesman nor the clown in charge saw it. A possible red card for violent behaviour, certainly a yellow.

No yellow card for grabbing one of our players testicles though.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:23 - Nov 4 with 1473 viewssw02sea

What can I say about the absolute #### that is Bobby madley !!!!???? His past and present history when refereeing us, should be investigated by the FA. It cannot be coincidence the way his bias against us,happens almost every time he officiates our games. It has literally gone beyond logic, when you watch the way he referees when we are involved. Remember this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50960288
This is the horrendous tackle that got Patino sent off (2nd yellow card)

Having said all this, Sunderland looked the better side for most of the game.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 22:31 - Nov 4 with 1358 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:25 - Nov 4 by union_jack

Ironically, I think the sending off worked a bit in our favour. The cards were so blatantly wrong that it galvanised us and as you say, we showed a gutsy performance.

I would have put an awful lot of money on us not getting a result after the red (and if I’m honest before that as we were awful) but I wouldn’t have got good odds.

Brilliant performance and resolute defending but the same problems are there as in the last few games. Too much room for their sidemen to attack. Roberts had the freedom of the city today. Also, we don’t mark tight enough and allow crosses to come in far too easily.

Our next game will test us even more!

Duff made a point of saying Ashby and Tynon played “excellent, as they did in the last game”. Both seemed to have a rough day from where I was watching.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 22:37 - Nov 4 with 1354 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 22:31 - Nov 4 by jackrmee

Duff made a point of saying Ashby and Tynon played “excellent, as they did in the last game”. Both seemed to have a rough day from where I was watching.

Ashby and Tymon both played well for me.

For a good hour at Blackburn we were the only team in the game after an iffy start. We struggled for the first 20 minutes or so today, but courtesy of Madeley we'll never know if we could have worked our way back in as we did then.

Sunderland played through the centre of the park almost at will to begin with, but after we reorganised most of their attacks came down the flanks. I don't think anything new has been learned from today. We're still a bit light in midfield and out wide, which is nothing Duff doesn't already know and regularly comment on.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 22:48 - Nov 4 with 1309 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 22:37 - Nov 4 by Dr_Winston

For a good hour at Blackburn we were the only team in the game after an iffy start. We struggled for the first 20 minutes or so today, but courtesy of Madeley we'll never know if we could have worked our way back in as we did then.

Sunderland played through the centre of the park almost at will to begin with, but after we reorganised most of their attacks came down the flanks. I don't think anything new has been learned from today. We're still a bit light in midfield and out wide, which is nothing Duff doesn't already know and regularly comment on.

Ashby and Tymon both played well for me as well, but I did feel they were too narrow allowing a lot of space out wide. Saying that we were well set up and defended very well, how many chances for Sunderland were inside the box, all their attempts seemed to be from outside the box.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 22:57 - Nov 4 with 1287 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 22:48 - Nov 4 by Whiterockin

Ashby and Tymon both played well for me as well, but I did feel they were too narrow allowing a lot of space out wide. Saying that we were well set up and defended very well, how many chances for Sunderland were inside the box, all their attempts seemed to be from outside the box.

A natural consequence of being a man short.

We looked well organised and players threw themselves in front of everything. We did that to a degree last week as well during Blackburn's opening spell.

There's the bones of a very good side here. Injuries have not helped our development. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 23:03 - Nov 4 with 1283 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 22:37 - Nov 4 by Dr_Winston

Yes, if patino had stayed on the park then we might have gone onto win the game but we would have been more open therefore Sunderland might have won.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 23:08 - Nov 4 with 1278 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 23:03 - Nov 4 by Fireboy2

Yes, if patino had stayed on the park then we might have gone onto win the game but we would have been more open therefore Sunderland might have won.

Possibly. No real way of knowing.

It didn't look like we were quite right tactically to begin with but then again Mowbray is a very canny operator. To me it looked like they'd identified Patino as someone to close down (probably quite rightly). We never really got the press going at any point.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 07:17 - Nov 5 with 1082 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61209/rushworth-on-top-o

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 09:49 - Nov 5 with 990 viewsRichardO

Excellent gutsy display given the sending off
Did Madley deem Patino left his foot in and make sever contact for the booking, for me it was minimal contact and the player bought the booking with his intentional over reaction similar to the second booking although Patino's inexperience with both unnecessary challenges gave Madley poor descions to make similar bad for Fulton booking where you could argue a foul should have gone the other way with the player coming in late like Pationo?,Very poor refereeing you could also argue the the penalty award was also worthy of a booking which if I'm right would have been a second booking for the player involved.

MOM Carl Rushworth what a signing he won't be a second fiddle player in the Premiership for long.
As for the performance after going down to 10 men as supporters we could not ask for a better response than the one shown, very typical of Steve Coopers dogged back to the wall defending which was 100% understandable and credit to all the players performances.

But putting poor refereeing and our brillant galvanised ten man performance aside let's have a look at the first 30 minutes performance in which we just didn't get into the game.

Mowbray's game plan up to the sending off had us looking poor, we ended up with the very familar looking five at the back as Grimes dropped back to try and get us back possession and four pushing forward to try and make something of the poor slow service and Patino ultimately paying the price of being stranded in no man's land looked very similar to Martin's ineffective line ups with balls going backwards.
For our part we helped Mowbray's high press game by not changing from the playing out from the back game which meant Grimes became separated from Patino and similarly
Paterson presumeably trying to stretch the game stayed too high up the park again separated from Patino, midfield battle lost.

When the game is tight the forwards really need to get their marking right with the tracking back both our full backs needed help but was that their own fault and at times they really need to be closing down wingers quicker not allowing them time on the ball to turn and run at them if other players are doing their jobs properly the full backs can concentrate on their jobs.
As for our press on teams it had at times seem good but lately it seems to be uncoordinated not boxing players in to prevent the easy pass out of trouble making the long ball the only option.

In Summary
Not varying our play from goal kicks inviting the opposition's constant high press
Not getting our marking right not allowing our fullbacks to prevent wingers having the ball to feet.
Not getting our press right making it easy to pass the ball through us.
Not getting the ball on the floor quick enough when opposition give us room to do so hence the head tennis begins.
Seem a bit harsh after the battling performance when down to ten men? Why aren't we playing with that intensity when we had 11? It sure got the crowd going and they we right behind the team.
The game at any standard is about putting pressure on teams so they make mistakes and being organised enough not to make them why would you let players of quality use them.
I think we have players with enough quality to hurt teams, we have suffered issues this season but so have other side we must really impose ourselves on games not letting other teams dictate how we play, Mowbray's team with 11 on the pitch did that could Duff have changed that around very possibly but for me he didn't do it quick enough and we suffered the consequences.

One point gained yesterday with a sterling backs to the wall preformance but I want to see a sterling on the front foot winning one.
Greedy? yep! Realistic maybe not.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 09:56 - Nov 5 with 976 viewsjack247

Bittersweet for me. Everyone left everything out there. Solid, gutsy, disciplined once down to ten men. Can’t fault the performance.

But before the unjust sending off, the dawning realisation that a decent number of teams are just better than us. It was pretty much all Sunderland, not for the first time this season.

The front three need more licence to swap positions and allow Paterson and Patino to play them in. With Lowe rigidly on the left, Cullen on the right and Yates isolated, we’re easy to defend against. There were a couple of games where they interchanged a bit more and we looked dangerous.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 12:09 - Nov 6 with 621 viewsjacksfullaces

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 09:56 - Nov 5 by jack247

Bittersweet for me. Everyone left everything out there. Solid, gutsy, disciplined once down to ten men. Can’t fault the performance.

But before the unjust sending off, the dawning realisation that a decent number of teams are just better than us. It was pretty much all Sunderland, not for the first time this season.

The front three need more licence to swap positions and allow Paterson and Patino to play them in. With Lowe rigidly on the left, Cullen on the right and Yates isolated, we’re easy to defend against. There were a couple of games where they interchanged a bit more and we looked dangerous.

agreed.

the psychology of the red brought out the best of us as we changed our game plan into something simple and gritty. Let them have the ball in certain positions, defend for our lives in others. Great.

Prior to that when we both were trying to seize control of a football match, they were cutting through us at will.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024