Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED 21:06 - Oct 29 with 12829 viewsModeratorC

Big bad Bobby Madley returns to Swansea.
That’s the news in this game.

Swansea City v Sunderland (15:00)
ROBERT MADLEY
Craig Taylor and Robert Merchant
Fourth Official : Ben Atkinson

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61196/josh-key-out-until

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61201/mad-bob-the-englis

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61209/rushworth-on-top-o

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 16:43 - Nov 2 with 2367 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 11:08 - Nov 2 by Fireboy2

We had 7 seasons in the PL of which 4 we were brilliant, hindsight is a great thing but we should have got the extra 10k sorted then, perhaps if we did we might not have gone down, we would be had extra money to pay for better players BUT we had owners ,no matter what they did previously, who shat their pants and couldn't wait to sell up.

Good points but personally I don't think the extra review would have kept us up. We have missed the boat now unless we go back up and stay there.

I'm not in favour of stats but these are interesting especially the pre premiere league seasons. It puts our current attendances in perspective.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/swansea-city/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/22
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 18:37 - Nov 2 with 2285 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 10:24 - Nov 2 by Whiterockin

And some will argue that the stadium is too small. IMO it's probably about right unless we have a prolonged run in the Premier League which is unlikely.

It's right now, it won't be in the PL (intentionally positive).
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:45 - Nov 2 with 2231 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 09:23 - Nov 2 by vetchonian

I understand where you are coming from with this but 16000 was about our attendance prior to the PL.We list a lot of "floating" fans following relegation the "boring" football of the last few seasons has turned others away. It doesn't help that streaming services allow fans to watch from their armchairs.
That said imagine 20 or so years ago turning to someone on the north bank and saying I can't believe we will only get 16000 on Saturday
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 9:23]

I understand that. I would come with a few from Builth and Llanwrtyd to a midweek game, about 30 of us, and we were lucky if we got 4000.
I can understand people streaming if they live a long way away, are ill, or simply can’t afford to attend.
But nothing beats attending a live game. The occasion, atmosphere, ups and downs.

The club though, should do something to fill those empty seats.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:51 - Nov 2 with 2214 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:45 - Nov 2 by builthjack

I understand that. I would come with a few from Builth and Llanwrtyd to a midweek game, about 30 of us, and we were lucky if we got 4000.
I can understand people streaming if they live a long way away, are ill, or simply can’t afford to attend.
But nothing beats attending a live game. The occasion, atmosphere, ups and downs.

Next midweek home game look at the South stand, its very sparse. Midweek games if you have young children are a nightmare to attend. Get them to the car and you are lucky to be home by 10.45-11. Stream it and they are in bed by 10.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:56 - Nov 2 with 2197 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:45 - Nov 2 by builthjack

I agree Builth you can't beat the feel of being at the game like you I've been 1 in 300 at the ground.
What can the club do though I'm sure.many would get upset if the empty seat next to them was filled by someone paying far less than they did....maybe a half price kids deal with an adult and a meal package from the vending.....
Jopedully if results continue it will attract the floating fan back especially if we start a run to them play offs

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 11:54 - Nov 3 with 1993 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:56 - Nov 2 by vetchonian

I agree Builth you can't beat the feel of being at the game like you I've been 1 in 300 at the ground.
What can the club do though I'm sure.many would get upset if the empty seat next to them was filled by someone paying far less than they did....maybe a half price kids deal with an adult and a meal package from the vending.....
Jopedully if results continue it will attract the floating fan back especially if we start a run to them play offs

Hopefully a winning run will mean a take up of half season ticket if they are made available.
Prefer the ground with more supporters in it, even happy with a large contingent of away fans.Just lends a better atmosphere to the game.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 12:02 - Nov 3 with 1983 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 11:54 - Nov 3 by RichardO

Hopefully a winning run will mean a take up of half season ticket if they are made available.
Prefer the ground with more supporters in it, even happy with a large contingent of away fans.Just lends a better atmosphere to the game.

It's blinking freezing when it's half empty.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 12:33 - Nov 3 with 1958 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 12:02 - Nov 3 by Whiterockin

It's blinking freezing when it's half empty.

Not too bad in the East stand you get sun when it is out, wouldn't want to be in the West stand always been cold there especially when someone leaves the doors, open one hell of adraught.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 12:39 - Nov 3 with 1949 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 12:33 - Nov 3 by RichardO

Not too bad in the East stand you get sun when it is out, wouldn't want to be in the West stand always been cold there especially when someone leaves the doors, open one hell of adraught.

I sit in the east and you feel the cold midweek when season ticket holders give it a miss.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:09 - Nov 3 with 1807 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 12:33 - Nov 3 by RichardO

They should have a singsong

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:37 - Nov 3 with 1772 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:09 - Nov 3 by builthjack

They should have a singsong

Wandering star or is that going to far back always happy with daydream Believer who ever the the opposition manager is
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 20:59 - Nov 3 with 1741 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 19:37 - Nov 3 by RichardO

Wandering star or is that going to far back always happy with daydream Believer who ever the the opposition manager is

You can't beat a little bit of woody woodpecker.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:58 - Nov 4 with 1549 viewsKeithHaynes

ROBERT MADLEY

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 11:23 - Nov 4 with 1528 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:58 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

ROBERT MADLEY

Great 🙄
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:20 - Nov 4 with 1376 viewsKeithHaynes

Ooops right thread now.

Nobody getting ahold of this yet.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:33 - Nov 4 with 1316 viewsunion_jack

Bobby does it again, FFS.

We stood little chance before that but now it’s a formality for Sunderland.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:33 - Nov 4 with 1320 viewshobo

Terrible decision
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:33 - Nov 4 with 1303 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:33 - Nov 4 by union_jack

Bobby does it again, FFS.

We stood little chance before that but now it’s a formality for Sunderland.

Rather sinister to me

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:34 - Nov 4 with 1311 viewsKeithHaynes

Again this man is allowed to impress himself on a match result. Incompetent fool.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:34 - Nov 4 with 1297 viewsswan65split

he dont like us does he?
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:35 - Nov 4 with 1277 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:34 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

Again this man is allowed to impress himself on a match result. Incompetent fool.

He is an embarrassment
He might level it up though

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:36 - Nov 4 with 1276 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:35 - Nov 4 by onehunglow

He is an embarrassment
He might level it up though

Which makes him even worse.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:37 - Nov 4 with 1251 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:36 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

Which makes him even worse.

Let’s see.
He’s certainly a ref to watch ,and that is what makes him dangerous .

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:49 - Nov 4 with 1182 viewshobo

ffs give it to Grimes!!
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:57 - Nov 4 with 1098 viewsAnotherJohn

One of those pens where the taker tries to be too clever! My feeling coming into the season was that we had a team of journeymen and loanees that would finish nearer the bottom than the top. Once or twice my hopes have been raised and I've thought I was too pessimistic, but that is what it looks like again today. At least we have an excellent loanee in goal.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 15:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024