Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED 21:06 - Oct 29 with 12831 viewsModeratorC

Big bad Bobby Madley returns to Swansea.
That’s the news in this game.

Swansea City v Sunderland (15:00)
ROBERT MADLEY
Craig Taylor and Robert Merchant
Fourth Official : Ben Atkinson

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61196/josh-key-out-until

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61201/mad-bob-the-englis

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61209/rushworth-on-top-o

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:00 - Nov 4 with 1669 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:57 - Nov 4 by AnotherJohn

One of those pens where the taker tries to be too clever! My feeling coming into the season was that we had a team of journeymen and loanees that would finish nearer the bottom than the top. Once or twice my hopes have been raised and I've thought I was too pessimistic, but that is what it looks like again today. At least we have an excellent loanee in goal.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 15:58]

You could see their keeper had studied Lowe's 2 earlier pens this season.

He just stood his ground and made Lowe make the decision.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:03 - Nov 4 with 1641 viewsunion_jack

Awful penalty. I don’t think it’ll make a lot of difference at the end of the day because they are going to score and probably more than one.

We are very poor, even at 11 v 11. Poor passing, no real strategy going forward, the midfield missing, Roberts having acres of space, trying to thread needles on the flanks and failing every time.

Patino’s two yellows weren’t yellow at all, why Madley is a professional ref I have no idea.

Think we write this one off as a ‘nothing going our way’ game and regroup for the next game.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:04 - Nov 4 with 1606 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

These officials are the worst. Madely shouldn’t be anywhere near professional football after mocking that disabled person. That and his complete incompetence.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:05 - Nov 4 with 1591 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:12 - Nov 4 with 1530 viewsTummer_from_Texas

You just have to laugh at this point.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:14 - Nov 4 with 1521 viewsswan65split

How is he at this level? who does he know?
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:14 - Nov 4 with 1509 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:12 - Nov 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

You just have to laugh at this point.

No.
This is sinister

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:17 - Nov 4 with 1513 viewsswan65split

He tripped himself up ffs.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:18 - Nov 4 with 1496 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:14 - Nov 4 by onehunglow

No.
This is sinister

Yeah, I was being a little facetious.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:18 - Nov 4 with 1485 viewsonehunglow

Anything can happen with this Jerk.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:35 - Nov 4 with 1414 viewsScotia

Just look at Matt Grimes. He knew what was coming. Hate to say it but Patino needlessly gave Madley a decision to make.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:01 - Nov 4 with 1304 viewshobo

Well done boys
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:03 - Nov 4 with 1287 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:01 - Nov 4 by hobo

Well done boys

That’s a massive understatement😂😂😂

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:03 - Nov 4 with 1281 viewsAnotherJohn

Gutsy, stubborn defensive performance, and inspired goalkeeping by the man of the match. But our problems in several positions remain.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 17:04]
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:03 - Nov 4 with 1275 viewstheloneranger

Tremendous point - especially playing 10 v 12.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:05 - Nov 4 with 1244 viewsunion_jack

We won’t gain a better point all season, I’m sure of that.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:13 - Nov 4 with 1182 viewsonehunglow

Well,we don’t lack guts ,for sure

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:25 - Nov 4 with 1122 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:13 - Nov 4 by onehunglow

Well,we don’t lack guts ,for sure

Ironically, I think the sending off worked a bit in our favour. The cards were so blatantly wrong that it galvanised us and as you say, we showed a gutsy performance.

I would have put an awful lot of money on us not getting a result after the red (and if I’m honest before that as we were awful) but I wouldn’t have got good odds.

Brilliant performance and resolute defending but the same problems are there as in the last few games. Too much room for their sidemen to attack. Roberts had the freedom of the city today. Also, we don’t mark tight enough and allow crosses to come in far too easily.

Our next game will test us even more!

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:25 - Nov 4 with 1123 viewsdantheswansman

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 16:03 - Nov 4 by union_jack

Awful penalty. I don’t think it’ll make a lot of difference at the end of the day because they are going to score and probably more than one.

We are very poor, even at 11 v 11. Poor passing, no real strategy going forward, the midfield missing, Roberts having acres of space, trying to thread needles on the flanks and failing every time.

Patino’s two yellows weren’t yellow at all, why Madley is a professional ref I have no idea.

Think we write this one off as a ‘nothing going our way’ game and regroup for the next game.

Well that didn't happen due to a solid team performance!
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:30 - Nov 4 with 1098 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:25 - Nov 4 by union_jack

Ironically, I think the sending off worked a bit in our favour. The cards were so blatantly wrong that it galvanised us and as you say, we showed a gutsy performance.

I would have put an awful lot of money on us not getting a result after the red (and if I’m honest before that as we were awful) but I wouldn’t have got good odds.

Brilliant performance and resolute defending but the same problems are there as in the last few games. Too much room for their sidemen to attack. Roberts had the freedom of the city today. Also, we don’t mark tight enough and allow crosses to come in far too easily.

Our next game will test us even more!

Funny old game innit

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:38 - Nov 4 with 1074 viewsTreforys_Jack

Carl Rushworth was awesome, but I thought Harry Darling was immense.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:42 - Nov 4 with 1055 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:38 - Nov 4 by Treforys_Jack

Carl Rushworth was awesome, but I thought Harry Darling was immense.

For once,they all were .

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 17:47 - Nov 4 with 1042 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread on 14:57 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

You keep going for as long as you physically can boundy 👍

Thanks ,that's the plan ,walking back to the car today I somehow had a jaunty step

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:49 - Nov 4 with 1032 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61201/mad-bob-the-englis

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:56 - Nov 4 with 989 viewsDr_Winston

Every single player has left everything they had on that pitch today.

OK, we weren't great before being reduced to ten men by the f*ckwit, by the level of effort and desire shown after that can't be faulted.

Feels like a win.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024