Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 more games of watching Adel 17:25 - Mar 16 with 7512 viewsmakaveli1882

4 more games of watching Adel unless your planning to do any of the away games, not worried about the others, hope our fans appreciate that over the next two months rather than post silly threads about not needing him in the team!

Disaster day

season ticket sales and prices will be interesting
4 more games of watching Adel on 22:06 - Mar 17 with 1004 viewsgazza1

4 more games of watching Adel on 21:41 - Mar 17 by TW_R

But I'm not actually stating an opinion Gaz. I'm stating facts. And the facts state without Berbatov they would currently be fighting a relegation battle. Doesn't matter what my opinion is, without Betbatov Fulham would be seriously struggling this season. But if that's a luxury they don't need then fair enough. Seems a bit bizarre that someone would prefer to be in a relegation battle than to have a luxury player that is worth twice as many goals as anyone else in their squad and 30% of their current points total, don't you think?

The facts you are stating TW is that Berbotov has scored x number of goals and without those goals they would have x points......what you dont know is how each game would have faired without him and with someone else playing in his place & what they would have done, etc, etc, etc. That is all I am saying.
4 more games of watching Adel on 22:09 - Mar 17 with 1000 viewsgazza1

4 more games of watching Adel on 22:06 - Mar 17 by Antti_Heinola

he has been playing every week, then was dropped after a poor game v Man U. Before that he was Harry's first name on the team sheet.

Still, when he does go it'll stop you going on about him. Small mercies and all that.

I will miss his skills but I will not miss all the other stuff that goes on with his game.....sulks, arms in the air, holding onto the ball too long, not marking his player, etc, etc, etc.
4 more games of watching Adel on 22:13 - Mar 17 with 997 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just to add to this, the phrase 'luxury player' is one of the big reasons why England has had such an average football team for so long, full of workmanlike players unable to ever win anything without the luxury foreigners at the club sides to actually unlock a defence. A mentality which has been ingrained in our game for far too long and still shows little sign of abating, unfortunately.

On the other hand, football has long since been about winning for me - how could it be anything else as a QPR fan? I just want excitement and goals and mavericks and luxury players. Entertainment is all I'm after - a club our size can never win anything except once in a blue moon, so we might as well try and at least play with some fun and style. Adel gives that just like Cook used to or Wegerle or whoever. Love watching them, always will - gazza's opinions really mean nothing at all from that sense. If I had to pick one player to watch out of any we've had at the club for the last three decades, it would be Adel.

Bare bones.

4 more games of watching Adel on 22:29 - Mar 17 with 974 viewsTW_R

4 more games of watching Adel on 22:06 - Mar 17 by gazza1

The facts you are stating TW is that Berbotov has scored x number of goals and without those goals they would have x points......what you dont know is how each game would have faired without him and with someone else playing in his place & what they would have done, etc, etc, etc. That is all I am saying.

Of course Gaz, but that's all I can state. They are just the current facts of having a "luxury" player of Berbatov's undoubted class in the current Fulham side. Based on some of the goals he's scored this season (the one against Stoke springs to mind) I think it would be very hard, if not impossible, for Fulham to replace that.

I think that when you've got the grafters like Sidwell in your team, you need someone that can do something a bit special and Berbatov has proved this season he can still do that.

And that's why I think it's important we find a way to get Adel into the team. He brings that special something that no one else can. And now with the likes of Remy, Hoilett and Townsend in the team I think Adel would thrive as we now have players willing to make good runs that Adel can feed and players that are good enough to get into positions that can hurt the opposition. Without him, we are seriously restricted in creativity.
4 more games of watching Adel on 22:48 - Mar 17 with 962 viewsted_hendrix

He's not a luxury he's a talented skilful player with odd bouts of frustration and I mean odd bouts.
Anyone remember being at LR and watching us floundering 2-0 down against wet spam? on comes AT a couple of majestic moves and the ball is in the wet spam net, It might have won goal of the Month I don't know.
Anyone remember being at Stamford bridge when SWP scored the winner? AT was awesome that night but what was more awesome was ATs pass to SWP.
foolham at home oh dear me he was a cut above, that bloody roll of the ball and shot.
What do people want?

In a season of basically mediocre shit he has been one of our shining lights, as I see It and like I said earlier today, you'll miss him when he's gone, warts and all.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

4 more games of watching Adel on 23:45 - Mar 17 with 919 viewsLandofoz89

Most skillful rangers player I have ever seen.
Will be gutted when he goes.
F*ck off Alan Shearer

Meet me by the railway track

4 more games of watching Adel on 01:04 - Mar 18 with 909 viewsSonofNorfolt

4 more games of watching Adel on 23:45 - Mar 17 by Landofoz89

Most skillful rangers player I have ever seen.
Will be gutted when he goes.
F*ck off Alan Shearer

LandofOz is right.
He is.
Some of his touches, I can say without even having to think twice, are unique in my 48 years of self harming football saturation.
Name another Premiership player like him?
You can't because there isn't.
His first touches yesterday were sublime.
Rodney and Stan and Adel. They are the greatest entertainers we've ever had.
Stainrod,Wegerle and nearly Byrne, players I loved, not too far behind, but try to appreciate the pace of the current game and realise how good he is.
In my eyes, it's like saying Lionel Messi isn't bad, but hasn't won the WC, so isn't really proven.
Are you fukkin mad?
4 more games of watching Adel on 08:43 - Mar 18 with 881 viewsgazza1

If Tarbs is as good as many think then tell me why.....

does he not get a regular game for his country??
does he get left out of the QPR team by plenty of Managers(HR, Hughes, Warnock)???
did Spurs sell/release him??
& when he did get released did he not move to a 'top' team??
does he play for a bottom of the League team???
does his fellow team mates not respect him to any real degree???

Loads of skills, plays some decent games, yes.....legend - no way and to compare him with players of the ilk that are being banded around is outrageous.
Login to get fewer ads

4 more games of watching Adel on 09:19 - Mar 18 with 872 viewsJonDoeman

4 more games of watching Adel on 19:53 - Mar 17 by gazza1

Correct it is a statement Jon but not a true one.......I have my own opinion & if that means I am a WUM in your opinion then sobeit.

Fair enough Gazza, was starting to think you were being contrary for the sake of being contrary, but you're entitled to your opinion.

It Is What It Is !!

4 more games of watching Adel on 09:38 - Mar 18 with 857 viewspomanjou

Very talented, no doubt. A great supersub or a man to do a job for a limited time but not a 90 minute team player. All his managers here have recognised it.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

4 more games of watching Adel on 09:38 - Mar 18 with 857 viewsrunningman75

With Adel the trouble is managers do not know what system to use him in. Away at Chelsea he was a lone striker which is not his natural position but was able to hold the ball up and bring others into play. I think the team needs to be built around him but managers have not been prepared to take that risk.
4 more games of watching Adel on 10:07 - Mar 18 with 830 viewsnadera78

4 more games of watching Adel on 09:38 - Mar 18 by runningman75

With Adel the trouble is managers do not know what system to use him in. Away at Chelsea he was a lone striker which is not his natural position but was able to hold the ball up and bring others into play. I think the team needs to be built around him but managers have not been prepared to take that risk.

Without wanting to get into the pros/cons of Taarabt I'd suggest that we've already seen the last of him. Redknapp went apesh*t when he hogged the ball in the final minutes at Villa, with several players in scoring areas, and then lost out to a defender. Don't think he'll be picking him again in a hurry.
4 more games of watching Adel on 10:07 - Mar 18 with 830 viewsMelakaRanger

4 more games of watching Adel on 08:43 - Mar 18 by gazza1

does he get left out of the QPR team by plenty of Managers(HR, Hughes, Warnock)???

Loads of skills, plays some decent games, yes.....legend - no way and to compare him with players of the ilk that are being banded around is outrageous.

To put Adel in the same 'Legend' category as Marsh, Bowles and Sir Les is to degrade the legendary status of our truly legendary players.

Adel was magical in our Championship year, truly magical. In fact he was a cut above everyone else in that division most every week. If not for him we would still be there. He was superb that season, absolutly superb. But since then he has been totally inconsistent.

I was lucky enough to have watched many of Marshes' home matches and most of Bowles' home matches too. These guys were consistent. These guys didn't throw 'moodies'. These guys were not selfish These guys are legends. Adel is not
4 more games of watching Adel on 10:48 - Mar 18 with 791 viewsAntti_Heinola

4 more games of watching Adel on 08:43 - Mar 18 by gazza1

How good do you think people think he is gazza? Who has ever said he's as good as Stanley? Maybe the very, very odd person, but it's hardly a consensus. For younger fans who perhaps have watched QPR for the last 15 or 16 years, he's by some distance the most exciting and incredible player we've had in that time - for all his faults. Now, I may love Paul Furlong or Danny Shittu a bit more than Adel, but still, as I've said, he has provided some of the best memories of watching QPR I've ever had in over 25 years of being an ST holder. That is beyond dispute.

To answer your questions:

I have no idea why he doesn't get a regular game for his country. It seems strange to me, but I don't know much about Moroccan football. I suspect his attitude has not been correct at time when on international duty.

He got left out of the QPR team in the early years because managers could not find a way to manage him. As frustrating and childish as he was, that''s a failure of management in my opinion. That's what being a manager is - getting your best players to play at their best. Look what happened when that loose cannon went to Man Utd, for example. Redknapp started Taarabt in every game until after the Man U game, when he had a poor one and perhaps could benefit from being on the bench for a game or two. No player in the Prem, keepers and rare exceptions, plays every single game. Hughes arguably got the best out of him and started him in most of his games. Warnok started him in every game until the Fulham debacle, when Adel acted like a spoilt kid. But eventually Warnock had to recall him.

Spurs released him because he wasn't ready for the Prem. He was a very young player back then. Taken away from home at just 17, he was too immature. Are you suggesting that good players don't get released by clubs? From a man who supports a team that failed to pick up John Barnes and Stuart Pearce? Ludicrous.

See answer above. Another silly question.

He plays for a bottom of the league team that was tipped by the vast majority of pundits to be mid-table with him a key part of that. Adel has had poor games and not so good games, but overall he's been one of our top three players all season. Adel didn't make Hughes's signings for him.

How do you know team-mates don't respect him? Where on earth does that come from? Whenever I've heard them speak about him they seem to like him very much and respect his skills immensely. He seems to me to be popular with the squad. Frustrating in our promotion season, yes. And Bircham tells a story of him four times shaking hands with the dressing room and saying he was leaving, but that's just his character. Not everyone will have the same mindset as Clint Hill (unfortunately!) and often talented players have complex personalities - in a way that's what helps make them so different. Like great actors, or great artists.

Anything else, O Great One?

Bare bones.

4 more games of watching Adel on 11:23 - Mar 18 with 752 viewsdaveB

No one is saying Adel is as good as Ferdinand, Marsh and Bowles, what people are saying is he is this generations Stan Bowles. Doesn't mean he is as good as him just means he is the most skillfull and exciting player we've had in the last 10 years. Just as John Byrne was the 80's generation version of Stan Bowles despite not being as good as him
4 more games of watching Adel on 11:44 - Mar 18 with 741 viewsgazza1

4 more games of watching Adel on 10:48 - Mar 18 by Antti_Heinola

How good do you think people think he is gazza? Who has ever said he's as good as Stanley? Maybe the very, very odd person, but it's hardly a consensus. For younger fans who perhaps have watched QPR for the last 15 or 16 years, he's by some distance the most exciting and incredible player we've had in that time - for all his faults. Now, I may love Paul Furlong or Danny Shittu a bit more than Adel, but still, as I've said, he has provided some of the best memories of watching QPR I've ever had in over 25 years of being an ST holder. That is beyond dispute.

To answer your questions:

I have no idea why he doesn't get a regular game for his country. It seems strange to me, but I don't know much about Moroccan football. I suspect his attitude has not been correct at time when on international duty.

He got left out of the QPR team in the early years because managers could not find a way to manage him. As frustrating and childish as he was, that''s a failure of management in my opinion. That's what being a manager is - getting your best players to play at their best. Look what happened when that loose cannon went to Man Utd, for example. Redknapp started Taarabt in every game until after the Man U game, when he had a poor one and perhaps could benefit from being on the bench for a game or two. No player in the Prem, keepers and rare exceptions, plays every single game. Hughes arguably got the best out of him and started him in most of his games. Warnok started him in every game until the Fulham debacle, when Adel acted like a spoilt kid. But eventually Warnock had to recall him.

Spurs released him because he wasn't ready for the Prem. He was a very young player back then. Taken away from home at just 17, he was too immature. Are you suggesting that good players don't get released by clubs? From a man who supports a team that failed to pick up John Barnes and Stuart Pearce? Ludicrous.

See answer above. Another silly question.

He plays for a bottom of the league team that was tipped by the vast majority of pundits to be mid-table with him a key part of that. Adel has had poor games and not so good games, but overall he's been one of our top three players all season. Adel didn't make Hughes's signings for him.

How do you know team-mates don't respect him? Where on earth does that come from? Whenever I've heard them speak about him they seem to like him very much and respect his skills immensely. He seems to me to be popular with the squad. Frustrating in our promotion season, yes. And Bircham tells a story of him four times shaking hands with the dressing room and saying he was leaving, but that's just his character. Not everyone will have the same mindset as Clint Hill (unfortunately!) and often talented players have complex personalities - in a way that's what helps make them so different. Like great actors, or great artists.

Anything else, O Great One?

What is all this 'O Great One' Anti? Cant someone have an opinion differing from yours??

He is being compared with the true legends of this Club.....Notholt for one a couple of threads above this one and there have been many more.

1- Correct...his attitude.
2 - To blame the Manager for his childish spoilt brat attitude is wrong imo. He is not a 10 year old, he is a bloddy man FFS. Warnock left him out for many games, so did Hughes and now Harry is - he gets his chance and if he dont behave & do as he is told he is dumped & rightly so. Harry left him out several times prior to the Man Utd so please try and tell the truth.
3 - Why would Spurs let him go if he was in their plans??....they have kept youngsters in McNaughton, Townsend, the RB we loaned from them, etc on the fringes so why not Tarbs??? I think I know why.
4 - Why is it a silly question????
5 - If Adel was a 'top' player he would have left us in one of the transfer windows, he hasnt.
6 - Many of the players have 'no respect' for him, trust me.

Nothing else thanks very much.
4 more games of watching Adel on 11:57 - Mar 18 with 729 viewsTW_R

4 more games of watching Adel on 11:44 - Mar 18 by gazza1

What is all this 'O Great One' Anti? Cant someone have an opinion differing from yours??

He is being compared with the true legends of this Club.....Notholt for one a couple of threads above this one and there have been many more.

2 - To blame the Manager for his childish spoilt brat attitude is wrong imo. He is not a 10 year old, he is a bloddy man FFS. Warnock left him out for many games, so did Hughes and now Harry is - he gets his chance and if he dont behave & do as he is told he is dumped & rightly so. Harry left him out several times prior to the Man Utd so please try and tell the truth.
3 - Why would Spurs let him go if he was in their plans??....they have kept youngsters in McNaughton, Townsend, the RB we loaned from them, etc on the fringes so why not Tarbs??? I think I know why.
5 - If Adel was a 'top' player he would have left us in one of the transfer windows, he hasnt.

Interestingly though Gaz, all those managers left him out, but when things continually go wrong and we start losing the games without him, they realise we have no creativity and bring him back in, as Hughes did against West Ham and Redknapp did at the weekend.
4 more games of watching Adel on 12:05 - Mar 18 with 721 viewsgazza1

4 more games of watching Adel on 11:57 - Mar 18 by TW_R

Interestingly though Gaz, all those managers left him out, but when things continually go wrong and we start losing the games without him, they realise we have no creativity and bring him back in, as Hughes did against West Ham and Redknapp did at the weekend.

He has deserved his place on occasions this season TW, without doubt, and he has talent in terms of his football but I still cannot see him in the same 'blinkered' light as many on the MB and that is what I am saying basically. If he was that good then Manager after Manager would not keep dropping him, he would not have been released by Spurs, he would be a regular in the Morroca team(bloody Morroco FFS) and he would not be plying his trade in a bottom of the table Club.

Taking all into account if I was playing alongside him and we were in a war I dont think Tarbs would be one of my choices.
4 more games of watching Adel on 12:35 - Mar 18 with 702 viewsqprrunner

4 more games of watching Adel on 12:05 - Mar 18 by gazza1

He has deserved his place on occasions this season TW, without doubt, and he has talent in terms of his football but I still cannot see him in the same 'blinkered' light as many on the MB and that is what I am saying basically. If he was that good then Manager after Manager would not keep dropping him, he would not have been released by Spurs, he would be a regular in the Morroca team(bloody Morroco FFS) and he would not be plying his trade in a bottom of the table Club.

Taking all into account if I was playing alongside him and we were in a war I dont think Tarbs would be one of my choices.

I feel sorry for any Rangers fans who cannot see the genius that is Adel Taarabt. I remember thinking I was lucky to see Buzsaky when he was scoring goals fun under GiGi but Adel blows anything I've seen out the window, I have a signed top of his hanging on my wall, the guy is a football genius with more ability in his little toe than most of our expensively assembled squad of mercenaries put together. Rangers Legend without a doubt. Enjoy the time we have left.
4 more games of watching Adel on 12:59 - Mar 18 with 688 viewsNov77

4 more games of watching Adel on 10:07 - Mar 18 by MelakaRanger

To put Adel in the same 'Legend' category as Marsh, Bowles and Sir Les is to degrade the legendary status of our truly legendary players.

Adel was magical in our Championship year, truly magical. In fact he was a cut above everyone else in that division most every week. If not for him we would still be there. He was superb that season, absolutly superb. But since then he has been totally inconsistent.

I was lucky enough to have watched many of Marshes' home matches and most of Bowles' home matches too. These guys were consistent. These guys didn't throw 'moodies'. These guys were not selfish These guys are legends. Adel is not

"These guys didn't throw 'moodies'."

sorry but that is a total rewriting of history, nobody threw more moodies than Stan, what was it? 30 odd transfer requests handed in? sticking his fingers up at sexton when he got subbed, still in the bookmakers at ten at three.

None of that bothered me one bit, and it doesnt bother me one bit when Adel throws the 'occassional' strop. some of you expect him to score all our goals, create all or goals, track back and be a virtual saint too.

if we re-enter the wilderness years, you might not see a talent like his at our club for another generation.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

4 more games of watching Adel on 13:17 - Mar 18 with 678 viewsdaveB

How do you know his attitude is so bad?

Fair play you don't rate him that highly but you do seem to be going overboard about him
4 more games of watching Adel on 13:21 - Mar 18 with 672 viewsNov77

4 more games of watching Adel on 13:17 - Mar 18 by daveB

How do you know his attitude is so bad?

Fair play you don't rate him that highly but you do seem to be going overboard about him

Don't feed the troll.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

4 more games of watching Adel on 13:51 - Mar 18 with 656 viewsTW_R

4 more games of watching Adel on 12:59 - Mar 18 by Nov77

sorry but that is a total rewriting of history, nobody threw more moodies than Stan, what was it? 30 odd transfer requests handed in? sticking his fingers up at sexton when he got subbed, still in the bookmakers at ten at three.

None of that bothered me one bit, and it doesnt bother me one bit when Adel throws the 'occassional' strop. some of you expect him to score all our goals, create all or goals, track back and be a virtual saint too.

if we re-enter the wilderness years, you might not see a talent like his at our club for another generation.

That's true. Stan was a law unto himself and there were players in the squad that weren't particularly happy with him turning up 2 minutes before kick-off and sneaking into the changing room while the manager gave his pre-match talk. He said he was just very lucky in that he didn't need to psych himself up like some of the other players and could just cross the white line and play.

It was also well documented that he and Tommy Docherty fell out and he was forced to play in the reserves for 6 months, but still got picked for the first team.

He also fell out with Clough because he didn't think he was being played in the right way. As much as I love Stan, he had his flaws both in and out of the game.
4 more games of watching Adel on 14:37 - Mar 18 with 640 viewsAntti_Heinola

All of that a matter of opinion, I can't be bothered to go through Harry's team selections, but as I recall, when he's fit, he's played.
I didn't blame managers for his tantrums. I said it is up to managers to manage their players and get the best out of them.
Warnock described Adel as the best player he'd ever worked with.
Where did I say he was in Spurs plans? I said they let him go because he wasn't in their plans and said that big teams often let go good players who later become successful - just as QPR rejected John Barnes. Are you wilfully ignoring what I'm saying or what?
5 all depends on what your definition of 'top' is - but in my opinion, as I described at great length above, he's a very good footballer.
Many players have 'no respect' for him. Laughable. Absolutely laughable.

The O Great One is of course in reference to you decrying all opinions other than your own as held by 'punters' with a sneer about your fingers tapping on your keyboard, so don't play the innocent, son. But you are of course more than free to disagree with me or anyone else - but I'm allowed to disagree with you, too. That's how debate works, pal.

Bare bones.

4 more games of watching Adel on 14:38 - Mar 18 with 638 viewsAntti_Heinola

4 more games of watching Adel on 12:59 - Mar 18 by Nov77

Excellent post.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024