Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 more games of watching Adel 17:25 - Mar 16 with 7514 viewsmakaveli1882

4 more games of watching Adel unless your planning to do any of the away games, not worried about the others, hope our fans appreciate that over the next two months rather than post silly threads about not needing him in the team!

Disaster day

season ticket sales and prices will be interesting
4 more games of watching Adel on 18:25 - Mar 18 with 775 viewsted_hendrix

4 more games of watching Adel on 10:07 - Mar 18 by MelakaRanger

To put Adel in the same 'Legend' category as Marsh, Bowles and Sir Les is to degrade the legendary status of our truly legendary players.

Adel was magical in our Championship year, truly magical. In fact he was a cut above everyone else in that division most every week. If not for him we would still be there. He was superb that season, absolutly superb. But since then he has been totally inconsistent.

I was lucky enough to have watched many of Marshes' home matches and most of Bowles' home matches too. These guys were consistent. These guys didn't throw 'moodies'. These guys were not selfish These guys are legends. Adel is not

Like you Melaka I got to see an awful lot of the legend that was Rodney Marsh and Stan Bowles and all of the rest of our legends that followed.
AT is not in the same league, not at the moment he isn't but what he is is the most talented skilful player I've seen at Rangers since god knows when.
I don't get all this AT 'attitude' stuff and as a poster further up has alluded too 'our Stan' could be a right arse when It suited him, the difference with 'our Stan' was he was a genius with the ball at his feet (he could take dive too) but enough of this.
I'd love to be able to say in 10 Years time AT was/Is a QPR legend.

Incidentally, having suffered our defeat at the cottage last season and getting home to find that AT had took the bus home at half time I called him all the bastard names under the sun and quite rightly too.
But I've forgiven him

I think I might have muttered something like "useless cnt" when he missed the penalty against the six fingered ones.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

4 more games of watching Adel on 18:43 - Mar 18 with 755 viewsgazza1

4 more games of watching Adel on 14:37 - Mar 18 by Antti_Heinola

All of that a matter of opinion, I can't be bothered to go through Harry's team selections, but as I recall, when he's fit, he's played.
I didn't blame managers for his tantrums. I said it is up to managers to manage their players and get the best out of them.
Warnock described Adel as the best player he'd ever worked with.
Where did I say he was in Spurs plans? I said they let him go because he wasn't in their plans and said that big teams often let go good players who later become successful - just as QPR rejected John Barnes. Are you wilfully ignoring what I'm saying or what?
5 all depends on what your definition of 'top' is - but in my opinion, as I described at great length above, he's a very good footballer.
Many players have 'no respect' for him. Laughable. Absolutely laughable.

The O Great One is of course in reference to you decrying all opinions other than your own as held by 'punters' with a sneer about your fingers tapping on your keyboard, so don't play the innocent, son. But you are of course more than free to disagree with me or anyone else - but I'm allowed to disagree with you, too. That's how debate works, pal.

Of course you cant be bothered to look back on Team selections Antti.....and I know why because you cant be bothered as well, because you are wrong.
Your basically saying it is the Managers fault why he behaves like a spoilt brat because they dont manage him properly & get the best out of him - suppose Warnock should have done better when he behaved so poorly at Fulham last year and pissed off half way through a game.....as I said he is an adult not a 10 year old.
Maybe Warnock did say that but are you that simple to think he meant it.
I aint got an issue about his skills but that dont make him a top player.
It may be laughable in your eyes but very true - they wont be too disappionted when he departs that is for sure.

Finally, I aint your pal thanks very much Antti & I aint playing any innocent, never have & never will, plus you aint my Dad so I am no son of yours.

You continue to 'blow your beans' .............goodnight that is all I have to say on the subject.
4 more games of watching Adel on 20:11 - Mar 18 with 724 viewsblacky200

Back to the point. I saw Stan play and there is no way you can compare AT to the likes of him, Marsh, Ferdinand etc. While he was fantastic in our Championship winning year he hasn't come on like we all expected and hoped he would. He has shown flashes of his ability in the Prem and some games he has been back to near his best but as he is now he is a luxury player.
I do appreciate his skill and I would much rather see him than a Bob Malcolm for example but if he really wants to become a "legend" at QPR he needs to do it week in week out and all I can see in the future is a transfer to another country. I don't think there will be many teams in the Prem looking at buying him.
4 more games of watching Adel on 20:43 - Mar 18 with 705 viewsqblockpete

We lord over the way Warnock managed to get us promoted, but we wouldn't even be here without the talents of Adel Taarabt. He scored some important goals in the Championship winning season and was instrumental in keeping us up when it mattered last season.
I have not seen a better player at QPR for the last 20 years, He is currently the longest serving player at the club and whilst he may not be a LEGEND, he is not far off. All great players have an edge and you get that with Adel. I know he cares deeply about the club, far more than the kind of players we have brought in over the last 2 seasons.
It will be difficult to keep him for next season, but at least he doesn't have a clause in his contract like Csar, Granero and Remy, so he may well stay. The problem we have now is that his agent, has fallen out with the club and probably will advise him of other clubs interest.
He will be a great loss, when he does leave.

4 more games of watching Adel on 20:47 - Mar 18 with 696 viewsdanehoop

4 more games of watching Adel on 20:43 - Mar 18 by qblockpete

We lord over the way Warnock managed to get us promoted, but we wouldn't even be here without the talents of Adel Taarabt. He scored some important goals in the Championship winning season and was instrumental in keeping us up when it mattered last season.
I have not seen a better player at QPR for the last 20 years, He is currently the longest serving player at the club and whilst he may not be a LEGEND, he is not far off. All great players have an edge and you get that with Adel. I know he cares deeply about the club, far more than the kind of players we have brought in over the last 2 seasons.
It will be difficult to keep him for next season, but at least he doesn't have a clause in his contract like Csar, Granero and Remy, so he may well stay. The problem we have now is that his agent, has fallen out with the club and probably will advise him of other clubs interest.
He will be a great loss, when he does leave.

I guess one of the reasons that you haven't seen such a talented player at QPR in 20 years was probably because you supported Chelsea for some of that time.

Never knowingly understood

4 more games of watching Adel on 20:47 - Mar 18 with 696 viewsjo_qpr63

I loved Soccer AM's "Unbeleeevable tekka's" Special dedicated to Taraabt. Not many players have done that,let alone QPR players.
Like it or not he is a standout player. Football is suppose to be entertaining.
4 more games of watching Adel on 20:49 - Mar 18 with 693 viewsqblockpete

Danehoop,

Would be funny, but I've seen wet drips funnier.

If you have seen a better player let us all know. Best Since Les Ferdinand FACT.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
4 more games of watching Adel on 20:58 - Mar 18 with 673 viewswombat

4 more games of watching Adel on 20:49 - Mar 18 by qblockpete

Danehoop,

Would be funny, but I've seen wet drips funnier.

If you have seen a better player let us all know. Best Since Les Ferdinand FACT.

I don't remember les playing for Chelsea pete when did that happen ?

ANY agent will tell his client of another clubs interest regardless of if they have fallen out with the club , it's there job , that's how they earn money from there players .

Bit like some fans will try and oust a manager because they've been told to I suppose !

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

4 more games of watching Adel on 21:23 - Mar 18 with 657 viewsMedwayR

If you go back over the last 20years you can name a fair few players better than Taarabt, remember in that time we finished as London's top club in 1993...from that team Wilson, McDonald, Bardsley, Sinton, Wilkins & Ferdinand were better players because they were very good players that performed consistently, since that team we've also had Trevor Sinclair & Peter Crouch who I'd say were better players than Taarabt as proven by the careers they went on to have. I know it's been a while since we've had good players but lets not get carried away with Taarabt, on the whole he hasn't done it in the prem as we all thought he might.

Poll: Who’s better?

4 more games of watching Adel on 21:40 - Mar 18 with 643 viewswombat

4 more games of watching Adel on 21:23 - Mar 18 by MedwayR

If you go back over the last 20years you can name a fair few players better than Taarabt, remember in that time we finished as London's top club in 1993...from that team Wilson, McDonald, Bardsley, Sinton, Wilkins & Ferdinand were better players because they were very good players that performed consistently, since that team we've also had Trevor Sinclair & Peter Crouch who I'd say were better players than Taarabt as proven by the careers they went on to have. I know it's been a while since we've had good players but lets not get carried away with Taarabt, on the whole he hasn't done it in the prem as we all thought he might.

Medway all good players but the point is bar maybe Sinclair on the odd occasion NON of them would make you get out of my seat with one piece of skill , one nutmeg , one drop of the shoulder as he goes last a player , Adel has that in spades when on form prob the best player I've seen at LR sine Bowles , yes he has bad days but she he's on form I'd happily pay my admission to watch him and him alone.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

4 more games of watching Adel on 21:49 - Mar 18 with 635 viewsShotKneesHoop

Adel was worth the admission last Saturday....... just for his 20 minute cameo.

The last person that took my breath away like that was Stan.

I know results are important, but being entertained by someone trying something special is just as important too.

Special people make mistakes, because they are trying something special.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

4 more games of watching Adel on 22:01 - Mar 18 with 626 viewsAntti_Heinola

4 more games of watching Adel on 18:43 - Mar 18 by gazza1

Of course you cant be bothered to look back on Team selections Antti.....and I know why because you cant be bothered as well, because you are wrong.
Your basically saying it is the Managers fault why he behaves like a spoilt brat because they dont manage him properly & get the best out of him - suppose Warnock should have done better when he behaved so poorly at Fulham last year and pissed off half way through a game.....as I said he is an adult not a 10 year old.
Maybe Warnock did say that but are you that simple to think he meant it.
I aint got an issue about his skills but that dont make him a top player.
It may be laughable in your eyes but very true - they wont be too disappionted when he departs that is for sure.

Finally, I aint your pal thanks very much Antti & I aint playing any innocent, never have & never will, plus you aint my Dad so I am no son of yours.

You continue to 'blow your beans' .............goodnight that is all I have to say on the subject.

I'm not even sure what you're arguing about anymore, son. You're tying yourself in knots.

Adel's actions at Fulham were appalling, you get no argument from me there. And of course Warnock isn't to blame for that. But generally speaking Warnock started Adel because he knew how valuable he was to the side - he built an entire team around him. After Fulham he was deservedly dropped and Warnock did the right thing there too. But he brought him back eventually - as dave b pointed out above. Still, that was now 18 months ago - more, in fact - and I've seen a marked improvement in his attitude over the last 12-14 months. I think any reasonable person would agree with that. He made a commitment to the club in the summer and has had an ok season - not a great one, but better than most (and in answer to your question about why is he playing for a teram about to be relegated - well, so did Juninho - and Adel is not as good as he was! Good players can play for poor sides). He works harder for the team, the shrugging and all that is virtually non existent these days. In fact, I'd say his attitude this season has been better than the vast majority of our squad - at least he shows he cares.

For the record, and God knows why I rise to your nonsense, here are Adel's performance stats for every game since Redknapp took over (Not sure if Redknapp picked the side for Man U away, but he started that game too):

Sunderland A - Started
Villa H - Started
Wigan A - Started
Fulham H - Started
Newcastle A - Started
WBA H - Started
Liverpool H - Started
Chelsea A - Started
WBA H - Started
Spurs H - Started
WBA A - Sub (but quite a few first teamers were rested for this cup game, so not dropped)
West Ham A - Started
MKD - H - Not in squad (again, likely to be rested here as he'd play well v West Ham and Redknapp virtually fielded a 2nd choice side)
Man C H - Started
Norwich H - Started
Swansea A - Started
Man U H - Started

Then, as I said, he was dropped for Southampton, was injured for Sunderland, and then sub again for Villa.

So, out of Redknapp's entire time here, he has started every single game he has been fit and available for, bar 2 cup games where he was rested along with a few other first teamers, and Southampton and Villa where he was on the bench, which is EXACTLY as I said it was. In effect, he has dropped him once. And even then you could argue that Redknapp may have felt he needed a break from the team to come back fresher.

I'll take the apology any time you want to serve it up, pal.

Listen, I don't even think we're that far apart, here. I think he's a tremendously exciting, unbelievably talented footballer, who, as I said, as brought great joy to me and to the fans and to the club. He has his faults, he's acted abominably at times, but he's a character, he males things happen. People like him make football worth watching. That's it. That's all people are saying, son.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024