Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread 02:41 - Aug 7 with 13342 viewsKeithHaynes

An opportunity for head coach Michael Duff share the love around, but hopefully not too much as we’ve slipped up before in this competition. And of course have won it as well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 21:53 - Aug 8 with 1894 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 21:31 - Aug 8 by onehunglow

I hate to keep referring to HIM but
A coach who killed off careers of young players
Brought back improving players on loan purely for spite and to bench him
Brought in Andy Fidher and kept out a much better keeper
One who bshytted good people who love our club giving them empty gestures
One who formulated and manipulated stats to get himself s bigger gig
Our players need a footballing enema to free themselves of HIM
No Mas

You absolutely love referring to "Him". It's why you keep doing it.

If you hated referring to "Him" then you wouldn't do it. Surely even you can grasp that concept?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 21:54 - Aug 8 with 1871 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 21:49 - Aug 8 by sw02sea

I wonder how long it will take for the secondhand car salesman’s franchise to go into liquidation?

Spent 20 years in Sales
I would trust any car salesman before Russy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:08 - Aug 8 with 1758 viewsmax936

How many minutes did Kukharevych have or did he start, how did he do ???

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:11 - Aug 8 with 1715 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 21:53 - Aug 8 by Dr_Winston

You absolutely love referring to "Him". It's why you keep doing it.

If you hated referring to "Him" then you wouldn't do it. Surely even you can grasp that concept?

And you ve been doing so well too.
YOU have as much contempt for Russ as me.
Denying it does you no favours.
Let it go.

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:16 - Aug 8 with 1675 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:08 - Aug 8 by max936

Not many maybe 10 , looked busy and didn't mind. a challenge ,but far too early to say how he'll do based ion tonight's viewing

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:16 - Aug 8 with 1671 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:11 - Aug 8 by onehunglow

And you ve been doing so well too.
YOU have as much contempt for Russ as me.
Denying it does you no favours.
Let it go.

I have contempt for Martin.

I just don't pretend that I hate referring to Martin whilst continually referring to Martin.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:18 - Aug 8 with 1652 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 21:24 - Aug 8 by RhonddaSwans

3-0 GINNLEY 25 yard strike ntcham who????

Seen it in real time , what a nutmeg run and strike which rounded off a lovely evening

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:18 - Aug 8 with 1640 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:16 - Aug 8 by Boundy

Not many maybe 10 , looked busy and didn't mind. a challenge ,but far too early to say how he'll do based ion tonight's viewing

Tidy win which is always good.
Duff is looking to stamp his own brand on the team and hopefully he can give us some joy.
We should all be happy .

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:25 - Aug 8 with 1601 viewscadleigh

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 21:31 - Aug 8 by onehunglow

I hate to keep referring to HIM but
A coach who killed off careers of young players
Brought back improving players on loan purely for spite and to bench him
Brought in Andy Fidher and kept out a much better keeper
One who bshytted good people who love our club giving them empty gestures
One who formulated and manipulated stats to get himself s bigger gig
Our players need a footballing enema to free themselves of HIM
No Mas

All good points. And you know I agree 100% with you on RM, as I believe does Dr W.

Personally, I am looking forward to the coming season and I plan to spend as little time dwelling on the past as possible. In fact I am hugely enjoying discussing football (again!) with top-class posters like Whiterockin and MagicDaps, who took a different view on our previous manager but whose views I respect as much as I do yours.

Can we draw a line under the past and look forward, not back? This feels like a good time to do that.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:39 - Aug 8 with 1517 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:16 - Aug 8 by Boundy

I thought he looked like a decent prospect. Tall mobile decent control, picked a couple of good passes and won a couple of headers, early days but positive for me.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 23:09 - Aug 8 with 1383 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:08 - Aug 8 by max936

About ten minutes plus the 6 for injury time after Naughton had to go off. More than held his own aerially leading to a number of half chances as we then switched to 3 up top with Cullen and Ginnelly.
Resorted to a back four of Key, Darling, Wood and Abdulai.
Cooper, Paterson and Fulton in the middle.
Kukharevych was some nice quick feet and pushed out a lovely pass from the middle out to Cullen on the right. So looks quite handy and a handful.
The eventual middle three seem to slow the flow of the game down Cooper having worked tirelessly got leggy and made a few mistakes after overall having a good game while Paterson seem to stay forward too much, both reducing options for Fulton.
Ginnelly who worked hard to get into the game then just inside their half looked to have gone down a Cull De Sac then beats three players drives forward and hits a worldy strike that you must watch
Job done maybe one or two moments we got away with but we beat what was in front of us comfortably.
Abdulai really needs some heading practice and learn how to cope with the ball in the air but his wing play and general play comfortable with Cooper and Wood alongside him.
Allen made himself available at every opportunity and joined the play from backs to forwards and made it look easy.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 23:38]
Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 23:15 - Aug 8 with 1353 viewsBadlands

Ginnelly's goal was a classic.
Strong build up and cracking strike.
He and Mikola stood apart quality wise.
Satisfactory win but tbh uninspiring against a very poor Northampton.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 23:20 - Aug 8 with 1333 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 23:15 - Aug 8 by Badlands

Ginnelly's goal was a classic.
Strong build up and cracking strike.
He and Mikola stood apart quality wise.
Satisfactory win but tbh uninspiring against a very poor Northampton.

and he's got his own song to boot

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 00:11 - Aug 9 with 1242 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 00:20 - Aug 9 with 1225 viewsRichardO

Highlights now on you tube
Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 01:03 - Aug 9 with 1201 viewsbuilthjack

I enjoyed that. Good atmosphere. Amazing final goal. 7000 in the ground. Decent.
Piroe will get 25 goals if he stays.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 06:40 - Aug 9 with 1076 viewsDr_Winston

Haven't made either game yet for personal reasons, but based on the highlights that I've seen so far it very much looks like we're trying to get numbers forward on every attack with a few players making runs in behind the back line.

Once that really begins to click and we're doing it faster with the right personnel there could be a shedload of goals in it for us, but we're probably going to be vulnerable on the counter for a while, especially with a back three.

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 08:13 - Aug 9 with 950 viewscadleigh

I enjoyed Duff’s post-match interview. Particularly interesting to hear that he thinks we still need another 2-3 players.

Can anyone who saw the match last night tell us how Ashby did?

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 08:24 - Aug 9 with 933 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 08:57 - Aug 9 with 893 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I see the Southampton fans were not happy with 72% possession last night as they managed to conceed 3 goals.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 09:08 - Aug 9 with 884 viewsherbie

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 08:13 - Aug 9 by cadleigh

I enjoyed Duff’s post-match interview. Particularly interesting to hear that he thinks we still need another 2-3 players.

I was at the game. He doesn't look like he is yet up to speed and will take a few games to get used to the players and the Championship.
It was good to see players last night starting to look to play the ball forward quickly and into feet. Cullen had a very good game and was getting behind the defence well, and had a lovely contribution to the first goal.
I also liked Abdullai who while playing out of position and on his weaker side, did a very decent job indeed.
It was worth travelling down from Cardiff last night just to see Ginelly's goal. He looks like being a fan's favourite already.
Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 09:13 - Aug 9 with 873 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:25 - Aug 8 by cadleigh

All good points. And you know I agree 100% with you on RM, as I believe does Dr W.

Personally, I am looking forward to the coming season and I plan to spend as little time dwelling on the past as possible. In fact I am hugely enjoying discussing football (again!) with top-class posters like Whiterockin and MagicDaps, who took a different view on our previous manager but whose views I respect as much as I do yours.

Can we draw a line under the past and look forward, not back? This feels like a good time to do that.

Absolutely
It’s not easy though.
I just jump on when references are made .
I must try harder
Top stuff Cad

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 09:14 - Aug 9 with 871 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 22:39 - Aug 8 by JACKMANANDBOY

I thought he looked like a decent prospect. Tall mobile decent control, picked a couple of good passes and won a couple of headers, early days but positive for me.

We won’t be bullied around this year for sure
He’s what we have lacked
Get in there Mike

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 09:42 - Aug 9 with 809 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 08:13 - Aug 9 by cadleigh

Given the opposition and our overall play he was OK a few decent passes and runs made up for some unforced errors but it looks like he will be a solid first choice player.
But, unlike some claiming it was a good game, I (and many in the ground by the sound of it) thought it was largely error strewn and lack lustre. A lot of hit and hope balls.
Accepting Northampton offered little threat, which made busting a gut unnecessary, we were sloppy. Play like that in the Championship and this season could be a hard watch for anyone hoping to see quality football. (Anyone suggesting Cabango is slow would have considered Darling and Wood's speed of play to be on a geological timescale. That said, Wood was my MOM.)
There were a few flashes of quality most notably from Key, Grimes, Mikola and Ginnelly.
We are desperate for a left back / wing back. Abdulai is very willing but also very right footed, though not on the Routledge level of one footedness, and it is unfair to play this right sided midfielder in that position. Played in position he strikes me as being quite a talent.
Rushworth surprised me. So good at the weekend but his distribution last night was way short of the mark and once again way short of his CB. Fulton, too, was off the pace.
Summery … 5/10 when 4/10 would have won the game.
Ginnelly's goal will be hard to beat for goal of the season.
Mikola looks ready.
Left back needed.
We are lacking a Leon (& left back) but otherwise I'd say this squad is as strong as Rodgers' 2010/11 promotion winning team.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 09:50 - Aug 9 with 783 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Northampton Town : Match day Thread on 06:40 - Aug 9 by Dr_Winston

Haven't made either game yet for personal reasons, but based on the highlights that I've seen so far it very much looks like we're trying to get numbers forward on every attack with a few players making runs in behind the back line.

Once that really begins to click and we're doing it faster with the right personnel there could be a shedload of goals in it for us, but we're probably going to be vulnerable on the counter for a while, especially with a back three.

Every team is vulnerable if they push high up the pitch against a team which is given time on the ball to pick there passes and have pace, Duff's team has looks as if he has worked on getting the team to hunt in numbers to close players down and has add pacey players to the team to both negate the threat out wide and increase our mobility and threat up top.
A point to note is that at our attacking corners we had at all time the option of two players with pace to foil counter attacks
The inclusion of both Allen and Cooper increased the tempo of play in the middle of the park aided by Naughton's better passing options but given both Allen's injury history and
Naughton's defensive weaknesses (lack of pace and stature) will need to find out who will be able to step up an claim their position.
Hope we can match yesterday performance against better opposition.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024