Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Michael Beale Thread 10:22 - May 31 with 49617 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 31 May 2022 10:25]
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:25 - Jun 1 with 2910 viewsNortholt_Rs

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:43 - Jun 1 by Northernr

At the moment it's the leading contender for the headline on the welcome article...

And took Derby to the Championship play-off final I believe….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:27 - Jun 1 with 2883 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:43 - Jun 1 by Northernr

At the moment it's the leading contender for the headline on the welcome article...

Never thought I’d see the day. LFW resorting to cheap puns!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:35 - Jun 1 with 2801 viewsNorthernr

If you've got a Patreon sub, we'll be dropping an interview on there with a guy who's written a book about Gerrard/Beale's tactical approach to the job at Rangers as soon as this is announced which is well worth your time. Two words - full backs. He says the success and failure of the whole thing hangs on who we've got playing full back. He did that Scottish "ohhh, right" thing when I said we don't have any of those.
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:40 - Jun 1 with 2750 viewsBklynRanger

That "oh right" is normally a very ominous sign. We R fcuked.
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:43 - Jun 1 with 2725 viewsdaveB

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:35 - Jun 1 by Northernr

If you've got a Patreon sub, we'll be dropping an interview on there with a guy who's written a book about Gerrard/Beale's tactical approach to the job at Rangers as soon as this is announced which is well worth your time. Two words - full backs. He says the success and failure of the whole thing hangs on who we've got playing full back. He did that Scottish "ohhh, right" thing when I said we don't have any of those.

Pep Guardiola is the same, struggled first season as his full backs bar Walker were shit so spent a mad amount of money buying a load of them and they've been brilliant ever since
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:47 - Jun 1 with 2692 viewsNorthernr

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:40 - Jun 1 by BklynRanger

Yeh it's like when somebody in Doncaster says "now then" at the start of a sentence. It means sht just got real.
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:47 - Jun 1 with 2686 viewsdmm

If it is 'Fullbacks' can we assume it'll be a back 4 rather than 3?

Focusing on the FB/WB positions should be a positive as it might solve the problems we've had there for a long while now.
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:53 - Jun 1 with 2618 viewswelwynranger

The Michael Beale Thread on 21:31 - May 31 by Myke

Alas poor Mark, how quickly forgotten - and all the angst on here only three 'short' weeks ago

Gone but not forgotten. Fond memories.
Login to get fewer ads

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:54 - Jun 1 with 2604 viewsNorthernr

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:47 - Jun 1 by dmm

If it is 'Fullbacks' can we assume it'll be a back 4 rather than 3?

Focusing on the FB/WB positions should be a positive as it might solve the problems we've had there for a long while now.

Definitely a four, or so my tactics man says anyway.
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:55 - Jun 1 with 2603 viewsBklynRanger

Saw Les talking Dykes up in the Daily Record a couple of days ago - about how he's eventually Premier League bound, has had a bit of a fallow period but should be ready to push on now.

Thought at the time it could be shop window stuff as much as anything else - maybe looking to cobble together a few fullback scraps and get a loanee forward in.
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:55 - Jun 1 with 2601 viewsted_hendrix

Haven't got a clue how this is gonna work out, assuming that It's gonna happen any day soon.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:58 - Jun 1 with 2570 viewswelwynranger

The Michael Beale Thread on 21:31 - May 31 by Myke

Alas poor Mark, how quickly forgotten - and all the angst on here only three 'short' weeks ago

Gone but not forgotten. Fond memories.
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:58 - Jun 1 with 2565 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:47 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Yeh it's like when somebody in Doncaster says "now then" at the start of a sentence. It means sht just got real.

People also say that in the North East.

Worryingly, Jimmy Saville was also fond of saying it.
The Michael Beale Thread on 10:00 - Jun 1 with 2546 viewswelwynranger

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:25 - Jun 1 by Northolt_Rs

And took Derby to the Championship play-off final I believe….

I didn't know about that what happened.?
The Michael Beale Thread on 10:02 - Jun 1 with 2527 viewsDannyPaddox

Podcasts, YouTube Channels, and now out in Paperback.
The Michael Beale Thread on 10:03 - Jun 1 with 2524 viewsE1Hoop

If i take a glass nearly full view. Beale seems highly rated, has a good job and probably is attractive to other clubs in the championship. So he has good options.
Now i am not suggesting he will spend millions but if he did not think that either he could add to the existing squad or develop it then he would not come. Perhaps there is some money in the kitty or we think that Willock or Dieng are going to raise some significant amounts of money to reinvest.
But then perhaps Masterson will be trying to play wingback by the end of August.
The Michael Beale Thread on 10:04 - Jun 1 with 2514 viewsTheChef

Given all the Beale chat and the current deafening silence from the club - clearly this is not gong to happen, is it?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Michael Beale Thread on 10:07 - Jun 1 with 2487 viewsderbyhoop

We've got Ossie Kakay.
Nico may return from his latest trip to one of the World's slum cities.
Adomah MAY sign a new contract
Odubajo might be in talks ( with numerous other clubs!!)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

The Michael Beale Thread on 10:08 - Jun 1 with 2472 viewsLblock

18 years ago a QPR Manager told me how the most important position on the pitch in the “modern game” was full backs.
Their position at various stages in and out of possession was key he said.
I’d never really thought of it but then I’m just a mug punter and, even though I was half drunk and still buzzing about our promotion, I’ve never forgotten that.

Trailblazer that Ian Holloway I’m telling you!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Michael Beale Thread on 10:46 - Jun 1 with 2234 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hopefully the Beale appointment transpires and we can start looking forward to the next chapter of the QPR project. My own view is that we need to maintain a solid top 10 position and hope with a bit of luck and momentum we can push towards a top 6 place. In fact what I want is Loftus Road to become a difficult place to get a result for away teams as for quite a few years now, our home form has been patchy and we get turned over far to easy in games we should be winning.
The Michael Beale Thread on 10:54 - Jun 1 with 2168 viewsMyke

The Michael Beale Thread on 10:46 - Jun 1 by NorthantsHoop

Hopefully the Beale appointment transpires and we can start looking forward to the next chapter of the QPR project. My own view is that we need to maintain a solid top 10 position and hope with a bit of luck and momentum we can push towards a top 6 place. In fact what I want is Loftus Road to become a difficult place to get a result for away teams as for quite a few years now, our home form has been patchy and we get turned over far to easy in games we should be winning.

To be fair, we were starting to establish that 'fortress' mentality at home last season, as good teams like Blackburn and Huddersfield came blatantly looking for a point -until the arse fell out of it and even Peterboro won at a canter
The Michael Beale Thread on 10:56 - Jun 1 with 2146 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:40 - Jun 1 by BklynRanger

Well, not really, we were always going to have to sign full backs this summer, with Wallace, odebajo and McCullum gone. It's probably the opposite - he can get the players he think will work there, and we don't have to worry about getting rid of anyone.

Bare bones.

The Michael Beale Thread on 11:06 - Jun 1 with 2032 viewsMaggsinho

The Michael Beale Thread on 10:56 - Jun 1 by Antti_Heinola

Well, not really, we were always going to have to sign full backs this summer, with Wallace, odebajo and McCullum gone. It's probably the opposite - he can get the players he think will work there, and we don't have to worry about getting rid of anyone.

And presumably this is the sort of stuff that comes up and are discussed in interview "What are the most important positions, where do you see weaknesses in the squad, how would you set the team up, etc, etc'
The Michael Beale Thread on 11:15 - Jun 1 with 1975 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:54 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Definitely a four, or so my tactics man says anyway.

Would explain the reluctance to offer Barbet a new contract.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Michael Beale Thread on 11:18 - Jun 1 with 1931 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Michael Beale Thread on 10:56 - Jun 1 by Antti_Heinola

Hopefully, hopefully…without injury problems.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024