Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Michael Beale Thread 10:22 - May 31 with 49106 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 31 May 2022 10:25]
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:58 - May 31 with 4200 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:56 - May 31 by Match82

McCallum?

Typo or have I missed something?

Sam McCallum, who I have just realised was only on loan.
The Michael Beale Thread on 15:02 - May 31 with 4131 viewsLblock

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:31 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

If true...

2 from 3 of Barbet, Dickie, and Dunne is a very good Champ CB pairing.

Don't think Adomah can handle a FB rather than WB role but if Beale brings wingers back he could be pivotal.

Big season for McCallum.

Exciting!
[Post edited 31 May 2022 14:33]

Norwich will be hoping so

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Michael Beale Thread on 15:09 - May 31 with 4055 viewsBklynRanger

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:58 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is it acceptable to say "you muppet!" at this moment? : )
The Michael Beale Thread on 15:10 - May 31 with 4049 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Michael Beale Thread on 15:09 - May 31 by BklynRanger

Is it acceptable to say "you muppet!" at this moment? : )

Acceptable / essential.
The Michael Beale Thread on 15:15 - May 31 with 3971 viewsBklynRanger

The Michael Beale Thread on 15:32 - May 31 with 3797 viewsfrancisbowles

The Michael Beale Thread on 13:20 - May 31 by MedwayR

I think Beale (or whoever the next manager is) will have less say than Warburton did.

My theory is that Scott Twine has more to do with this than we realise. It's generally accepted that he was on our radar, identified by the club and we could've signed him on a free (or low fee?) last summer, someone apparently said no. I suspect that person was Warbs on the basis that Twine's a L1 player and won't help us in our push for play-offs/promotion. The club has decided to go away from their ethos of developing players and backed the manager who then didn't deliver play-offs and as a result we also missed out on a player who's now worth several million £'s.

So I think they're now keen to get back to the original plan of developing players and aren't willing to let themselves get swayed by a manager's ambitions. Hence a head coach, preferable an inexperienced one who won't fight against them too much, possibly why Eustace hasn't been mentioned much. Pure speculation of course, but to me it makes sense.

My theory on Twine is that MK Dons were in a position to offer him regular starts, whereas we could only offer a fight for your place with Willock, Chair, Johansen etc. Understandably, he chose the former and it was obviously, for him, the correct decision.
The Michael Beale Thread on 15:55 - May 31 with 3616 viewsjoe90

Never heard of this Beale fella, but if he does become our manager I hope he gives it a bloody good go.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 15:57]
The Michael Beale Thread on 16:01 - May 31 with 3560 viewsLblock

I do think this appointment, if it proves so, spells out the position of the club now.
We are most certainly not going to be having a tilt at the top and instead we’ll be a club of churn, the rinse lather repeat model lauded by so many…..

Economics, realism and solidity – I hear all that.
But is that what you go to football for? Do you really start to follow a club because Jimmy Skills started his career there and went onto get 120 caps for England and lift the World Cup after Man City snapped him up for 10 mill a few months after he made his debut? Are you happy with lovely young boys playing all sorts of shapes and triangles with 70% possession only to lose to a last minute goal by a team of shithousers every week?
Or are you invested in this place because “you never know…one day”?

I totally get where we are at as a club and where the game is at across the board. We’re all the supporting cast for half a dozen self centred kuntz at the top table. Wasn’t it always sort of like that though and we all still live for pissing on their entrees just once in a while.

I’m sad we accept the position of development club and the promotions we recently gained were a pox rather than a blessing due to the owners idiotic approach. Those payments which financed the lives of Barton et al should’ve set this club up for generations but hey hoh.

What I’m clinging to is that Beale has a rep in the game that more level headed developing players and out of Contract pros love. I’m hoping they will actively seek out him and this club as a destination of choice so they can enjoy their footy and grow over time. I pray they can do this within a budget framework meaning we don’t have to sell the children to the Romans when they pitch up their chariots and actually build a squad over a couple of years. Maybe we will have a go again…..

Bealey gets my support and I’ll not give him too hard a time (as long as he doesn’t perch on an icebox too long) as; if this goes to rats then surely others need to be first in the stocks???

Looking forward to the announcement and Pete grinning next to his stall bedecked in hooped scarf with Sir Les saying “ always been a fan of his work - his Granny Smiths and button mushrooms are legendary round here”
[Post edited 31 May 2022 16:04]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

The Michael Beale Thread on 16:08 - May 31 with 3491 viewsDavieQPR

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:58 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Never mind we still have Kakay and Hamerlainen.
The Michael Beale Thread on 16:19 - May 31 with 3370 viewsQPROslo

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:31 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

If true...

2 from 3 of Barbet, Dickie, and Dunne is a very good Champ CB pairing.

Don't think Adomah can handle a FB rather than WB role but if Beale brings wingers back he could be pivotal.

Big season for McCallum.

Exciting!
[Post edited 31 May 2022 14:33]

I think McCallum will be back with Norwich as his 1 year loan has finished. As they are back in the Championship they may well want to keep him, and they supposedly paid about £4 million for him.
The Michael Beale Thread on 16:19 - May 31 with 3370 viewsdavman

The Michael Beale Thread on 16:08 - May 31 by DavieQPR

Never mind we still have Kakay and Hamerlainen.

....and that is part of the big questions here. Does Beale have to play them or will he be given funds to sign decent full backs?

He can be the best coach in the world, but even they need the raw ingredients. Unlike many, I see potential in Ozzie, but Nico has been pretty appalling when called into the first team. If he is anywhere near our first team this season, 16th will be our absolute Zenith.

Will continue to be an interesting close season...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Michael Beale Thread on 16:23 - May 31 with 3314 viewsdmm

The Michael Beale Thread on 16:01 - May 31 by Lblock

I do think this appointment, if it proves so, spells out the position of the club now.
We are most certainly not going to be having a tilt at the top and instead we’ll be a club of churn, the rinse lather repeat model lauded by so many…..

But is that what you go to football for? Do you really start to follow a club because Jimmy Skills started his career there and went onto get 120 caps for England and lift the World Cup after Man City snapped him up for 10 mill a few months after he made his debut? Are you happy with lovely young boys playing all sorts of shapes and triangles with 70% possession only to lose to a last minute goal by a team of shithousers every week?

I totally get where we are at as a club and where the game is at across the board. We’re all the supporting cast for half a dozen self centred kuntz at the top table. Wasn’t it always sort of like that though and we all still live for pissing on their entrees just once in a while.

I’m sad we accept the position of development club and the promotions we recently gained were a pox rather than a blessing due to the owners idiotic approach. Those payments which financed the lives of Barton et al should’ve set this club up for generations but hey hoh.

What I’m clinging to is that Beale has a rep in the game that more level headed developing players and out of Contract pros love. I’m hoping they will actively seek out him and this club as a destination of choice so they can enjoy their footy and grow over time. I pray they can do this within a budget framework meaning we don’t have to sell the children to the Romans when they pitch up their chariots and actually build a squad over a couple of years. Maybe we will have a go again…..

Bealey gets my support and I’ll not give him too hard a time (as long as he doesn’t perch on an icebox too long) as; if this goes to rats then surely others need to be first in the stocks???

Looking forward to the announcement and Pete grinning next to his stall bedecked in hooped scarf with Sir Les saying “ always been a fan of his work - his Granny Smiths and button mushrooms are legendary round here”

That's a thoughtful piece Lblock and I understand where you're coming from. It may be the development club model is our best option at the moment. Football has to sort itself out and create a more level playing field so the majority of clubs aren't competing against global elite football empires that suck up 90% of whatever's on offer for themselves and leave the rest of us scratching around to survive.
The Michael Beale Thread on 16:33 - May 31 with 3172 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I don't think developing players and having a tilt at the top are mutually exclusive. If you do the first right and sell players for decent money, then you can do the second. That's what Brentford have done.

I'm surprised we've got someone fresh who seems to be in demand; I really was expecting someone from Tony's 2006 Panini album. My only concern would be about how he'll work with 'greatest coach ever' Ramsey and the DoF. If Niko and Kakay don't suddenly become £20m players, will he be the scapegoat?
The Michael Beale Thread on 16:49 - May 31 with 3023 viewsDannytheR

The Michael Beale Thread on 16:33 - May 31 by Wegerles_Stairs

I don't think developing players and having a tilt at the top are mutually exclusive. If you do the first right and sell players for decent money, then you can do the second. That's what Brentford have done.

I'm surprised we've got someone fresh who seems to be in demand; I really was expecting someone from Tony's 2006 Panini album. My only concern would be about how he'll work with 'greatest coach ever' Ramsey and the DoF. If Niko and Kakay don't suddenly become £20m players, will he be the scapegoat?

Given that Beale is clearly bright, in demand and very deliberate in his career decisions, you'd assume he's happy with the conversations he's had with the club and what he knows about us — or he'd just have waited for the next job offer.

Maybe not everyone in football sees Les and Ramsey as the incompetent cartoon villains a few among our own supporters seem to?
The Michael Beale Thread on 16:56 - May 31 with 2955 viewsWestbourneR

Quite exciting, he has good pedigree and not just the obvious choice like the line of cretins previously foisted on us pre-Warbs.

BUT appointing someone as Manager who has never been a number 1 before is always a MAJOR risk. Because management is only partly about training and tactics, it's equally, if not more, about leadership, strategy, man management and motivation. And nous in the transfer market.

From Schteeve to Paul Clement (and many more( the game is littered with highly rated coaches who turned to be poor managers.

So it is exciting but it's a big risk.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

The Michael Beale Thread on 17:00 - May 31 with 2898 viewshertshoops

Cautiously optimistic about this fella, he does seem to tick all the right boxes from the Board's point of view

Didn't realise the transfer window runs from June 10th to Sept 1st - really looking forward to being pleasantly surprised with who a bright young coach and the new academy can attract in
The Michael Beale Thread on 17:05 - May 31 with 2843 viewsdaveB

The Michael Beale Thread on 16:19 - May 31 by davman

....and that is part of the big questions here. Does Beale have to play them or will he be given funds to sign decent full backs?

He can be the best coach in the world, but even they need the raw ingredients. Unlike many, I see potential in Ozzie, but Nico has been pretty appalling when called into the first team. If he is anywhere near our first team this season, 16th will be our absolute Zenith.

Will continue to be an interesting close season...

It does seem to have been spun by fans that Les wants Kakay and Niko in the team, the fall out was far more likely to be over Sinclair Armstrong and Bettache than those 2 imo
The Michael Beale Thread on 17:06 - May 31 with 2836 viewsfrancisbowles

The Michael Beale Thread on 16:56 - May 31 by WestbourneR

Quite exciting, he has good pedigree and not just the obvious choice like the line of cretins previously foisted on us pre-Warbs.

BUT appointing someone as Manager who has never been a number 1 before is always a MAJOR risk. Because management is only partly about training and tactics, it's equally, if not more, about leadership, strategy, man management and motivation. And nous in the transfer market.

From Schteeve to Paul Clement (and many more( the game is littered with highly rated coaches who turned to be poor managers.

There are also coaches who became good and/or successful managers such as Brendan Rodgers, Jose Mourinho and Steve Cooper, maybe even include Mark Warburton in that list.
The Michael Beale Thread on 17:06 - May 31 with 2834 viewsdaveB

The Michael Beale Thread on 17:09 - May 31 with 2817 viewsdaveB

The Michael Beale Thread on 16:56 - May 31 by WestbourneR

quite a few who did well though. Never liked McClaren but he had a decent career as a manager, did well at Boro, won a league abroad and was good at Derby first time around
The Michael Beale Thread on 17:19 - May 31 with 2710 viewsDannytheR

The Michael Beale Thread on 17:05 - May 31 by daveB

It does seem to have been spun by fans that Les wants Kakay and Niko in the team, the fall out was far more likely to be over Sinclair Armstrong and Bettache than those 2 imo

It's the same logic that sees people moaning about Les controlling transfers - when in fact one of the biggest lessons of the last 12 months is how damaging the results can be when the manager is allowed to overrule everyone else over them.
The Michael Beale Thread on 17:30 - May 31 with 2585 viewsDannyPaddox

Has there been anything official yet? I mean if after all this he went to Blackburn I’d p1ss myself laughing.
The Michael Beale Thread on 17:37 - May 31 with 2536 viewsMatch82

I'm hoping it's more about the position of the club FOR NOW.

With apologies for using them as an example, the Brentford model if you will. I'd personally take another 3 years like the last 3. Selling our best assets, for increasing profits, year on year, playing good football (mostly) and setting ourselves up to have a real go in year 3. Would that be so bad?

Agreed if this is all we want to be, forever, then that's disappointing, but I don't think that is the plan.
The Michael Beale Thread on 17:46 - May 31 with 2452 viewsbaz_qpr

Watching some of the coaching vids on YouTube looks like it will be more of a Klopp style than a Pep style, so the first thing he is going to do is look for pace I would imagine, if we can hold on to Willock and Chair that could be quite exciting, not sure if Dykes will be the right fit though
The Michael Beale Thread on 17:51 - May 31 with 2398 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Michael Beale Thread on 17:30 - May 31 by DannyPaddox

Has there been anything official yet? I mean if after all this he went to Blackburn I’d p1ss myself laughing.

A big possibility!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024