Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Michael Beale Thread 10:22 - May 31 with 49619 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 31 May 2022 10:25]
The Michael Beale Thread on 13:20 - May 31 with 3993 viewsMedwayR

The Michael Beale Thread on 12:24 - May 31 by daveB

I don't think it will be as black and white as that. Beale will obviously have a say but the same as with Warburton the negotiations won't be done by the manager/coach

I think Beale (or whoever the next manager is) will have less say than Warburton did.

My theory is that Scott Twine has more to do with this than we realise. It's generally accepted that he was on our radar, identified by the club and we could've signed him on a free (or low fee?) last summer, someone apparently said no. I suspect that person was Warbs on the basis that Twine's a L1 player and won't help us in our push for play-offs/promotion. The club has decided to go away from their ethos of developing players and backed the manager who then didn't deliver play-offs and as a result we also missed out on a player who's now worth several million £'s.

So I think they're now keen to get back to the original plan of developing players and aren't willing to let themselves get swayed by a manager's ambitions. Hence a head coach, preferable an inexperienced one who won't fight against them too much, possibly why Eustace hasn't been mentioned much. Pure speculation of course, but to me it makes sense.

Poll: Who’s better?

The Michael Beale Thread on 13:22 - May 31 with 3964 viewsWatfordR

The Michael Beale Thread on 13:14 - May 31 by slmrstid

Not to throw cold water over the whole thing, but if it is to be Mr Beale then there is the fear in my mind that he could be another very highly rated coach who isn't able to make the transition to manager. Much more to being a manager than just coaching and we've seen many over the years fail to make the step up.

Steve McLaren lets not forget has a wonderful coaching reputation, but we most definitely would not have him as manager again.

Don't get me wrong - if it is Beale then I wish him the very best and hope he is a great success with us - because at the end of the day if he's successful then so are QPR and that will make me happy.

But I am generally a "glass half empty" type so...you know...I have fears! But hopefully I will be wrong and he is great.

I suppose the question is, should he have a more experienced ex-manager as assistant, or does the DoF role essentially become the bridge between coach and players if needed?
The Michael Beale Thread on 13:23 - May 31 with 3937 viewsMalintabuk

Not to throw cold water over the whole thing, but if it is to be Mr Beale then there is the fear in my mind that he could be another very highly rated coach who isn't able to make the transition to manager. Much more to being a manager than just coaching and we've seen many over the years fail to make the step up.

Steve McLaren lets not forget has a wonderful coaching reputation, but we most definitely would not have him as manager again.

Don't get me wrong - if it is Beale then I wish him the very best and hope he is a great success with us - because at the end of the day if he's successful then so are QPR and that will make me happy.

But I am generally a "glass half empty" type so...you know...I have fears! But hopefully I will be wrong and he is great.

Echo all that but let's hope he is more a Bob Pasley......
The Michael Beale Thread on 13:29 - May 31 with 3838 viewscharmr

Shrewd appointment in my opinion. Let’s hope that behind the scenes, egos and insecurities, stay well out of it and help get the club to fully realize the big picture.
The Michael Beale Thread on 13:36 - May 31 with 3729 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Michael Beale Thread on 11:49 - May 31 by MedwayR

He gives me the impression of being a coach rather than a manager, but I also think that is what the club (LF) want. Beale does the coaching while LF does the transfers.

I think the number of old school 'managers' is dwindling fast. Not sure there's one even managing in the top flight now, and not many in our league

Bare bones.

The Michael Beale Thread on 13:39 - May 31 with 3693 viewsdavman

Well, I am usually the guy that asks "what glass?." when people ask if I am a glass half full or glass half empty kind of guy, but I think an appointment like this is the best all round.

He won't be grabbed on instantly if he doesn't win for the first few games unlike some and we have no preconceptions about what he will be like.

By October though, I'll expect the Chelsea link to bite him on the 'arris, but until then...

Good Luck, Mick, I think you' ll need it...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Michael Beale Thread on 13:40 - May 31 with 3656 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree, but there's risk in any appointment and any type of appointment.
Both play off final managers have come more through the Beale sort of route, as did Potter I think, Brendan Rodgers and countless others.
But I also have fears - agree with you. But I've have fears over anyone we appointed!

Bare bones.

The Michael Beale Thread on 13:46 - May 31 with 3547 viewsslmrstid

The Michael Beale Thread on 13:40 - May 31 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, but there's risk in any appointment and any type of appointment.
Both play off final managers have come more through the Beale sort of route, as did Potter I think, Brendan Rodgers and countless others.
But I also have fears - agree with you. But I've have fears over anyone we appointed!

Yes there's probably a fair point there that whoever we'd appoint there'd a be a fear of "Ah yeah but what about when they did..." etc.

We're just naturally fearful down at QPR evidently
Login to get fewer ads

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:01 - May 31 with 3357 viewsdaveB

whoever we appoint there is a risk to it even keeping Warburton had it's flaws.

Hopefully the fella does well
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:05 - May 31 with 3309 viewsBostonR

Hope it works for him. Ultimately in the Championship it’s all down to the quality of players and squad size. If his remit is to take academy players into the first team we are heading for L1. Thats how I see it and the club should be honest with us.
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:05 - May 31 with 3308 viewsdaveB

The Michael Beale Thread on 13:20 - May 31 by MedwayR

I think Beale (or whoever the next manager is) will have less say than Warburton did.

My theory is that Scott Twine has more to do with this than we realise. It's generally accepted that he was on our radar, identified by the club and we could've signed him on a free (or low fee?) last summer, someone apparently said no. I suspect that person was Warbs on the basis that Twine's a L1 player and won't help us in our push for play-offs/promotion. The club has decided to go away from their ethos of developing players and backed the manager who then didn't deliver play-offs and as a result we also missed out on a player who's now worth several million £'s.

So I think they're now keen to get back to the original plan of developing players and aren't willing to let themselves get swayed by a manager's ambitions. Hence a head coach, preferable an inexperienced one who won't fight against them too much, possibly why Eustace hasn't been mentioned much. Pure speculation of course, but to me it makes sense.

think there a lot of truth in that. I think as a club we got carried away last summer and had a right go but when that didn't work it was back to square one.

For all the doom and gloom at the moment he's coming into a decent squad. Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Field, Amos, Willock, Chair, Dykes, Johansen plus some young prospects as well. Obviously going to need to strengthen but it's not a terrible squad he is inheriting.
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:08 - May 31 with 3275 viewsterryb

The Michael Beale Thread on 13:20 - May 31 by MedwayR

But we then signed Andre Dozell from League One. He had, of course, played in The championship, but he was clearly no more likely to help in a promotion push than Twine.

This is not meant to be a dig at Warburton or Dozell, but a counter arguement as to why we didn't sign Twine. I know board members mentioned him as a like to sign (including myself) last summer, but I can't recall any mention of the club being interested.
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:15 - May 31 with 3207 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:05 - May 31 by BostonR

Hope it works for him. Ultimately in the Championship it’s all down to the quality of players and squad size. If his remit is to take academy players into the first team we are heading for L1. Thats how I see it and the club should be honest with us.

The club have been saying and doing this to be fair. This appointment would back that up if it happens too.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 14:16]
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:21 - May 31 with 3137 viewsSydneyRs

Paul Clement springs to mind.
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:26 - May 31 with 3081 viewsMedwayR

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:08 - May 31 by terryb

But we then signed Andre Dozell from League One. He had, of course, played in The championship, but he was clearly no more likely to help in a promotion push than Twine.

This is not meant to be a dig at Warburton or Dozell, but a counter arguement as to why we didn't sign Twine. I know board members mentioned him as a like to sign (including myself) last summer, but I can't recall any mention of the club being interested.

There was a lot of media talk that we were in for Twine.

Fair point about Dozzell, but different types of players and he also had a lot more pedigree than Twine having been capped by England at youth levels. He'd also been subject of some big bids before injury.

Poll: Who’s better?

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:28 - May 31 with 3054 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:21 - May 31 by SydneyRs

Paul Clement springs to mind.

I'll take that.

He was sacked when Derby County were 2nd wasn't he?
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:29 - May 31 with 3042 viewsEastR

The Michael Beale Thread on 13:09 - May 31 by Northernr

This post has been edited by an administrator

Looking at that first video, seems to be all about a back four. goodbye to the 3 plus wingbacks?
4-2-3-1
4-1-4-1
4-3-2-1
4-3-3

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:31 - May 31 with 3002 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:29 - May 31 by EastR

Looking at that first video, seems to be all about a back four. goodbye to the 3 plus wingbacks?
4-2-3-1
4-1-4-1
4-3-2-1
4-3-3

If true...

2 from 3 of Barbet, Dickie, and Dunne is a very good Champ CB pairing.

Don't think Adomah can handle a FB rather than WB role but if Beale brings wingers back he could be pivotal.

Big season for McCallum.

Exciting!
[Post edited 31 May 2022 14:33]
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:35 - May 31 with 2952 viewsBostonR

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:15 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

The club have been saying and doing this to be fair. This appointment would back that up if it happens too.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 14:16]

So you accept L1 is a likely destination?
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:35 - May 31 with 2948 viewsvanrrrr

Will this put an end to the evil Les, old boys network , never interview anyone etc etc?

May not work out but at least it fits with a plan of promoting youth and developing Willock etc from £5m into £10m+ players , rinse and repeat…. A lot of candidates that were being thrown out did not.
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:40 - May 31 with 2905 viewsaston_hoop

The Michael Beale Thread on 12:55 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Decent podcast by the man:

Really interesting listen, the bit about him turning down jobs because he didn't believe in the project and thought the club owners didn't have a vision for the club going forward stood out. He sounds picky but presumably it means he's been sold a vision and a project at QPR that he has bought into

As for anyone talking about L1, we are not finishing next season below Reading, Birmingham, Rotherham, Wigan, Bristol City, Hull or Cardiff. So thats a good start.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:40 - May 31 with 2895 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:35 - May 31 by BostonR

So you accept L1 is a likely destination?

No.

I count seven former QPR academy and U23 players who helped us get to 2nd in January and 9th overall.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 14:42]
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:47 - May 31 with 2833 viewsTonto

has Clive written the welcome piece yet? (Had you written any others earlier?)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:51 - May 31 with 2766 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:40 - May 31 by aston_hoop

Really interesting listen, the bit about him turning down jobs because he didn't believe in the project and thought the club owners didn't have a vision for the club going forward stood out. He sounds picky but presumably it means he's been sold a vision and a project at QPR that he has bought into

As for anyone talking about L1, we are not finishing next season below Reading, Birmingham, Rotherham, Wigan, Bristol City, Hull or Cardiff. So thats a good start.

The podcast is a year old, but his experience at Rangers 2021 sounds like QPR 2022.
The Michael Beale Thread on 14:56 - May 31 with 2712 viewsMatch82

The Michael Beale Thread on 14:31 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

If true...

2 from 3 of Barbet, Dickie, and Dunne is a very good Champ CB pairing.

Don't think Adomah can handle a FB rather than WB role but if Beale brings wingers back he could be pivotal.

Big season for McCallum.

Exciting!
[Post edited 31 May 2022 14:33]

McCallum?

Typo or have I missed something?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024