Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Michael Beale Thread 10:22 - May 31 with 49618 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 31 May 2022 10:25]
The Michael Beale Thread on 22:00 - May 31 with 4256 viewsMrSheen

The Michael Beale Thread on 10:54 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Let’s hope he’s the Beale and end all.

Hmph. I used that line on May 26 and got three upvotes. Comedy must be about timing after all,
The Michael Beale Thread on 22:02 - May 31 with 4239 viewsbaz_qpr

I dont quite get this coach / manager thing. I would suggest its the exception not the rule that someone goes straight into management from playing unless they are a "big name", so therefore most managers have cut their teeth as being coaches and some will have transitioned and been a major success and many more will not have been (because its sport and there are less winners than losers).

Also there are countless examples of managers that have had massive success at one club and then been a failure elsewhere and few (Moyes) where they have come back again after being a failure.

There are very few who are a success wherever they have been and they tend to be those at the very top
The Michael Beale Thread on 22:16 - May 31 with 4119 viewsDorse

The Michael Beale Thread on 21:56 - May 31 by DannyPaddox

Absolute Bealemania

But nothing official.

That squad needs to be careful about discipline. There's at least two well-known Fowlers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Michael Beale Thread on 22:18 - May 31 with 4098 viewsfootywithuti

Hi guys, hope you’re all doing well. I’ve followed Michael Beale’s career very closely over the last few years and wanted to provide some insight as to what you can expect from him at Loftus Road with this short video. He’s incredibly talented and I truly believe this will turn out to be very fruitful for all parties. I’ve always had a soft spot for QPR and really do hope you get promoted next season. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Looking forward to seeing him get started!

The Michael Beale Thread on 22:37 - May 31 with 3951 viewsLblock

The Michael Beale Thread on 22:18 - May 31 by footywithuti

Hi guys, hope you’re all doing well. I’ve followed Michael Beale’s career very closely over the last few years and wanted to provide some insight as to what you can expect from him at Loftus Road with this short video. He’s incredibly talented and I truly believe this will turn out to be very fruitful for all parties. I’ve always had a soft spot for QPR and really do hope you get promoted next season. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Looking forward to seeing him get started!

Hoping this isn’t a mirror copy of a post to a Blackburn Rovers board (or Charlton)?!?!?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Michael Beale Thread on 23:02 - May 31 with 3841 viewsLazyFan

I would assume as a Pro Coach at the top, he would have scouted us many times studying our players for possibly purchase by Villa.

Thus, he would know at least our first team, He should be aware of our jewels in Willock, Chair, Dickie, Dunne, Dieng, Field, Amos and what they can actually do and not do. Rather than just the stats.

He will also be aware of if he can develop our less established players like Dozzel, Bettache, SDM, and Kakay (yeah I know) or not as they are never going to make it at this level or above. If Uncle is worth keeping and Barbs is worth the risk of letting him leave.

In addition, this is where Eustace cannot match him as, hopefully, he will also have used Villa's resources to have a top 50 list of wonderkids to buy, we play Football Manager, whereas his daily livelihood depends upon it.

Finally, he should have the contacts for those all-important prem loans, with the possibility of a loan to buy. Like we did with Field and Huddersfield should have done Willock (hahahaha). Eustace unfortunately does not have this capability for us.

He ticks all the boxes, apart from one.
He's unproven as the top coach/manager. But then if such a manager existed, we at QPR could not afford him. With this squad, it's a low risk (I doubt we shall get relegated) and the right time to do it as opposed to when Warbs came in which that would have been the wrong time to take such as risk.

Warbs did a great job, football is harsh. But Warbs will get another great job, he's a proven Champ Manager now. His career will only continue, unlike Candle Face and Big Sam who are well forgotten, Clueless is hopefully next in the dusty bin.

zzzzzzzzzz

The Michael Beale Thread on 23:22 - May 31 with 3719 viewsTacticalR

The Michael Beale Thread on 18:32 - May 31 by francisbowles

As far as I remember he was first team coach and maybe caretaker manager of Arsenal for a while.

He kept the seat warm at Arsenal first before Rioch arrived and later before Wenger arrived.

Air hostess clique

The Michael Beale Thread on 00:09 - Jun 1 with 3590 viewskensalriser

The Michael Beale Thread on 21:38 - May 31 by Dorse

Just logged on. What'd I miss?

That’s what happens when you get older.

Oh I do beg your pardon, that’s the spoonerised version.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

The Michael Beale Thread on 05:28 - Jun 1 with 3339 viewsSK_hoops

Think he has much more of a brain than the likes of Schteve. Can understand the apprehension, but I am actually positive. Hope we give him a chance and no pitchforks come out early days.
The Michael Beale Thread on 07:03 - Jun 1 with 3177 viewsdistortR

The Michael Beale Thread on 22:00 - May 31 by MrSheen

Hmph. I used that line on May 26 and got three upvotes. Comedy must be about timing after all,

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:05 - Jun 1 with 3163 viewsdistortR

The Michael Beale Thread on 10:54 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Let’s hope he’s the Beale and end all.

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:07 - Jun 1 with 3144 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I feel like Keith Chegwin
The Michael Beale Thread on 07:08 - Jun 1 with 3133 viewsdistortR

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:07 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

I feel like Keith Chegwin

In what sense?
The Michael Beale Thread on 07:09 - Jun 1 with 3116 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:08 - Jun 1 by distortR

In what sense?

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/put-a-gag-in-it-comics-take-a-pop-at-keith-ch
The Michael Beale Thread on 07:12 - Jun 1 with 3074 viewsdistortR

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:09 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/put-a-gag-in-it-comics-take-a-pop-at-keith-ch

Ah, ok.
I just wondered if you woke up wanting..............just read he's dead, so I'll stop there.

Anyway, with Keith Chegwin (RIP) firmly installed as the favourite to be next manager of QPR, I'm off to work.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 7:14]
The Michael Beale Thread on 07:36 - Jun 1 with 2984 viewsderbyhoop

The Michael Beale Thread on 16:56 - May 31 by WestbourneR

Quite exciting, he has good pedigree and not just the obvious choice like the line of cretins previously foisted on us pre-Warbs.

BUT appointing someone as Manager who has never been a number 1 before is always a MAJOR risk. Because management is only partly about training and tactics, it's equally, if not more, about leadership, strategy, man management and motivation. And nous in the transfer market.

From Schteeve to Paul Clement (and many more( the game is littered with highly rated coaches who turned to be poor managers.

So it is exciting but it's a big risk.

The template has been set, in the Championship, by Cooper and Critchley.

Beale's CV is impressive, he's got an excellent reputation within the game, and is ready for the next step. Watching the video from his time at Rangers ( the other ones), he's thoughtful and prepared to spend time with players who are open to his ideas.
If he comes, I hope he gets as much time as Warburton, to make a difference.
If he can produce another like Mount, Abraham, Loftus-Cheek, Harry Wilson or TAA then his status at QPR will match that at his previous clubs.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:41 - Jun 1 with 2925 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Michael Beale Thread on 20:56 - May 31 by WestbourneR

Depends if you're looking at Twente maybe Boro, maybe Derby. But really only Twente was an unqualified success.

Wolfsburg and England were abject failures.

So yeah McLaren didn't have a great record.

He got the UEFA cup final with Boro!
The Michael Beale Thread on 07:43 - Jun 1 with 2911 viewsNorthernr

At the moment it's the leading contender for the headline on the welcome article...
The Michael Beale Thread on 07:58 - Jun 1 with 2782 viewsMrSheen

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:41 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

He got the UEFA cup final with Boro!

Beat Big Sam's Battling Bolton in the final. Would be the last English manager to win a trophy, if it hadn't have been for another glorious QPR old-boy in 2008...
The Michael Beale Thread on 07:59 - Jun 1 with 2776 viewsdaveB

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:36 - Jun 1 by derbyhoop

The template has been set, in the Championship, by Cooper and Critchley.

Beale's CV is impressive, he's got an excellent reputation within the game, and is ready for the next step. Watching the video from his time at Rangers ( the other ones), he's thoughtful and prepared to spend time with players who are open to his ideas.
If he comes, I hope he gets as much time as Warburton, to make a difference.
If he can produce another like Mount, Abraham, Loftus-Cheek, Harry Wilson or TAA then his status at QPR will match that at his previous clubs.

I know they lost in the end but I thought tactically Villa were outstanding against Man City the other week, defensive shape was superb, blocked all the space for City to play in and had a threat on the break as well. No idea if he had anything to do with that but was impressive until had that mad 6 minutes
The Michael Beale Thread on 08:05 - Jun 1 with 2737 viewsdanehoop

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:59 - Jun 1 by daveB

I know they lost in the end but I thought tactically Villa were outstanding against Man City the other week, defensive shape was superb, blocked all the space for City to play in and had a threat on the break as well. No idea if he had anything to do with that but was impressive until had that mad 6 minutes

We had a similar one against City as I recall a few years ago. Could be a match made in heaven.

Never knowingly understood

The Michael Beale Thread on 08:07 - Jun 1 with 2732 viewsNorthernr

The Michael Beale Thread on 07:59 - Jun 1 by daveB

Good old moral victory - we love those.
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:17 - Jun 1 with 2388 viewsR_from_afar

The Michael Beale Thread on 22:02 - May 31 by baz_qpr

I dont quite get this coach / manager thing. I would suggest its the exception not the rule that someone goes straight into management from playing unless they are a "big name", so therefore most managers have cut their teeth as being coaches and some will have transitioned and been a major success and many more will not have been (because its sport and there are less winners than losers).

Also there are countless examples of managers that have had massive success at one club and then been a failure elsewhere and few (Moyes) where they have come back again after being a failure.

There are very few who are a success wherever they have been and they tend to be those at the very top

Like when some - random example - said Nigel Clough was rubbish at Derby.

He has managed over 400 games since.

As you rightly say, very few managers and coaches are good all the time and of those that are, very few with be affordable for the likes of us, except some of those operating in the lower leagues.

If it is Beale, I am not worried that he will be a coach who prioritises possession, stats, clever tactics and pretty football over results. He has worked with Gerrard, a gritty, pragmatic serial winner, after all.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Michael Beale Thread on 09:20 - Jun 1 with 2359 viewsCroydonCaptJack

How nailed on is this appointment? Certainly seems like everyone is assuming it is happening shortly.
The Michael Beale Thread on 09:21 - Jun 1 with 2347 viewsBklynRanger

The Michael Beale Thread on 12:55 - May 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Decent podcast by the man:

That's a really good listen.

Energy, ideas, structure, ambition - seems to be the sort of thing he's about.

There's a fair bit of the motivational sports psychologist in there too.

Feel like cleaning up my own act after listening! (Though thankfully those urges usually fade pretty quickly...)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024