Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nelsen new Toronto manager 20:15 - Jan 7 with 4911 viewsJamie

Expected to be announced tomorrow

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/01/breaking-tfc-set-to-name-nelsen-new-head-coa
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 08:46 - Jan 8 with 840 viewsWokingR

We will just have to trust and hope that Uncle Harry has something up his sleeve. I can't believe that he will allow a player, who has to be first on his team sheet every week, to leave midcontract without a replacement already lined up.

Please let me be right as we are shafted otherwise
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 08:51 - Jan 8 with 827 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 05:12 - Jan 8 by BklynRanger

Players sign contracts that more than compensate for the potential stress, whatever kind, they may experience.

I agree with all your responses, Brian. But TBH not this one.

I don't really go for this argument that he's done well for us all season so can now just bail out because 'bless him' he got a really good opportunity.

If he really did have a 'managers job' type clause in his contract then fair play and good luck to him, good effort once again Hughes you fcuking bellend. If not, like I said before, jobs come and go for everybody in this world so can we please resist the urge to pamper one of life's more fortunate types?

The fella's walking out on us at a time when we need him most. Whatever way people want to express that it's a fact.

Brooklyn, when I said that I could see 82's point I was just saying that I could see how someone could see the situation in that way. Personally, I still can't and, with respect to '82 I feel even more disappointed in Nelsen this morning.

To expand on your good point regarding his fine form, how would people think if one of the off-form or lazy players left? Apart from being relieved, they would also slate the player to Kingdom come for his lack of loyalty and decency. Nelsen gets a free pass because he worked hard for us. Good, that's what he's paid for.

The release clause is a red herring, in my opinion, even if he has one. Ships have lifeboats. Who runs for them, and when, is what defines us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:23 - Jan 8 with 778 viewsTheBlob

Well,well,well.Whoever started that "first rat to leave the sinking ship" thread didn't see that one coming.Not that I'm implying Nelsen is a rat.Perhaps a stevedore dressed up in women's clothing tricking his way into a lifeboat.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:25 - Jan 8 with 773 viewsbaz_qpr

I look upon this in the same way as the Captain of the concordia jumping on a lifeboat and leaving the sinking ship before all the passengers are off.

Unless its the case that this was always the plan and the 1 year contract was in fact a 6 month one, I would be really disappointed in Nelson for this. Its not like he is never going to be offered a managers job, and he's not even going back to the states but to canada. If I was a team mate I would feel pretty let down by him, and just as we have given ourselves a chance at Chelsea this in my view will be a big blow to moral in the dressing room.

I would be disgusted if he won player of the year.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:28 - Jan 8 with 757 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:23 - Jan 8 by TheBlob

Well,well,well.Whoever started that "first rat to leave the sinking ship" thread didn't see that one coming.Not that I'm implying Nelsen is a rat.Perhaps a stevedore dressed up in women's clothing tricking his way into a lifeboat.

Like Baz, I too was referring to humans leaving a ship, Blob.

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:28 - Jan 8 with 753 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If he does go, thank you Mr Nelsen for showing some pride this season.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:30 - Jan 8 with 745 viewsTheBlob

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:28 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Like Baz, I too was referring to humans leaving a ship, Blob.

I spotted that BM.

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:34 - Jan 8 with 735 viewsJamie

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:25 - Jan 8 by baz_qpr

I look upon this in the same way as the Captain of the concordia jumping on a lifeboat and leaving the sinking ship before all the passengers are off.

Unless its the case that this was always the plan and the 1 year contract was in fact a 6 month one, I would be really disappointed in Nelson for this. Its not like he is never going to be offered a managers job, and he's not even going back to the states but to canada. If I was a team mate I would feel pretty let down by him, and just as we have given ourselves a chance at Chelsea this in my view will be a big blow to moral in the dressing room.

I would be disgusted if he won player of the year.

It was always planned - he was going last summer until convinced by Hughes to sign with us. Lets be honest, he's already played more games than he would've expected in the entire season and looked thoroughly depressed at times with the carnage going on around him.
Login to get fewer ads

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:36 - Jan 8 with 726 viewsTheBlob

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:34 - Jan 8 by Jamie

It was always planned - he was going last summer until convinced by Hughes to sign with us. Lets be honest, he's already played more games than he would've expected in the entire season and looked thoroughly depressed at times with the carnage going on around him.

So that's all right then.

Nelsen new Toronto manager (n/t) on 09:38 - Jan 8 with 721 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:30 - Jan 8 by TheBlob

I spotted that BM.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:40 - Jan 8 with 711 viewsadhoc_qpr

He's been a good professional and given everything on the pitch, but by leaving us mid-season deep in the relegation mire he has lost any affection i had for him.

He has every right to go and i can see why it's a good move for him - but he's shafted us with this. POTY my arse!
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:41 - Jan 8 with 709 viewsClive_Anderson

That well known football hotbed of Toronto.

If he hasn't a clause in his contract then tell him he has to stay. Simple as that. If they want him as manager then they can buy him off us for £10m or wait until May and get him for nothing.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:46 - Jan 8 with 696 viewsTheBlob

Looks like someone on here will have to arrange a supporter's relegation knees-up sometime soon.Might as well have a good time while we're plunging into the abyss.

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:47 - Jan 8 with 685 viewstoboboly

I hope he takes Bosingwa, Green, Park, AJ, Zamora, Ferdinand and Dyer with him.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 10:05 - Jan 8 with 654 viewsdaveB

Nelson has done really well for us and I wish him all the best but he has been struggling badly with injuries recently and I think it's only a matter of time before he has a long spell out of the team injured so this probably works out best for everyone.

Good Luck to him, if we want to replace him just look to Ukraine and Poland where they have plenty of big rough centre halves who can do a similar job.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 10:48 - Jan 8 with 615 viewscheeseydane

Is this where i post a view about Nelson?

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 13:46 - Jan 8 with 562 viewsloftus77

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 02:53 - Jan 8 by qprmick

I think the club are resigned to us being relegated. What is the hurry with Nelsen?He is only 35 and where he is going he is on a hiding to nothing. Very, very disappointed in him.

This. I agree - I think this indicates that the club is making plans for the Championship. Nelsen was definitely the rock in our defence - if the club was seriously having a real go at staying up, I'm sure they would have held onto him until May. Dyer too.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 14:16 - Jan 8 with 523 viewsA40Bosh

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 13:46 - Jan 8 by loftus77

This. I agree - I think this indicates that the club is making plans for the Championship. Nelsen was definitely the rock in our defence - if the club was seriously having a real go at staying up, I'm sure they would have held onto him until May. Dyer too.

Does anyone have the actual figures of what the Sky revenue increases would be for us if we retained our Premier League status next year?

They were rumored to be massive, but I suspect that if we are no longer pulling out all the stops to ensure we stay up, then the risk on squad and business costs for next year, in the event of relegation, must still outweigh the potential increased revenues benefits by some margin to not make it a viable risk now.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 14:17 - Jan 8 with 519 viewsNW5Hoop

He was given a one-year contract here. With four months of the season left he was offered a job he wanted, in a place he wanted to work. Not only that, the job is in the branch of football he wanted to be in, and it prepares him for a further 20+ years of employment in football. We believe his family also wanted to move to north America. He has behaved honorably with QPR at all times - no troublemaking, no lack of effort, just doing his job to the best of his ability. He has to think about what is best for his family, not what might suit the people in R block.

And people are disappointed in him? Remind me to come to your workplaces next time you decide to change jobs, and I'll complain about your disloyalty.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 14:34 - Jan 8 with 485 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 14:17 - Jan 8 by NW5Hoop

He was given a one-year contract here. With four months of the season left he was offered a job he wanted, in a place he wanted to work. Not only that, the job is in the branch of football he wanted to be in, and it prepares him for a further 20+ years of employment in football. We believe his family also wanted to move to north America. He has behaved honorably with QPR at all times - no troublemaking, no lack of effort, just doing his job to the best of his ability. He has to think about what is best for his family, not what might suit the people in R block.

And people are disappointed in him? Remind me to come to your workplaces next time you decide to change jobs, and I'll complain about your disloyalty.

Sorry, NW5, but I've never walked out of a contract in my life, and I work strictly on contract.

Others are salaried, and are forced to serve a notice period as per their agreed terms. Nelsen signed a contract for a season and the season's not over.

I'm not setting him up as the antichrist or anything, and I'm not looking to convince anyone that I'm right, but I am disappointed in him. If we were mid-table I could see him leaving might be ok, but we're not and, clause or no clause, I wish he'd stayed around for the season.

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 15:04 - Jan 8 with 444 viewsLoft1979

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 09:47 - Jan 8 by toboboly

I hope he takes Bosingwa, Green, Park, AJ, Zamora, Ferdinand and Dyer with him.

Bosingwa is linked with a move to Beskitas
Cesar is rumored to be going back to Brazil.
Joey may get a permanent deal in France.
Cisse to Lille?
Dyer has been cut too.

Thats a good bit of money off the books if it all happens.

But I know Harry is not throwing in the towel...so who IS coming in?
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 15:13 - Jan 8 with 421 viewsNov77

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130108/ryan-nelse

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 15:15 - Jan 8 with 413 viewskarlski

From BBC sportsday feed:

'Toronto FC will confirm QPR defender Ryan Nelsen as their new manager on Tuesday, but it is not yet clear when he will be allowed to take up his new role.

The Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise want the 35-year-old to take charge in time for the start of their new season in March. However, QPR may yet insist he stays with the Premier League club until the end of the English season.

Much may depend on QPR manager Harry Redknapp's success in the January transfer window as he seeks to strengthen his leaky defence. Further talks between the parties are expected in the coming days'

Hopefully he can stay a bit longer then...
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 15:29 - Jan 8 with 380 viewsJamie

The present manager is gone.

http://m.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/01/08/toronto-fc-part-ways-head-coach-p
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 15:33 - Jan 8 with 366 viewshopphoops

http://www.torontofc.ca/live

live announcement :(

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024