Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nelsen new Toronto manager 20:15 - Jan 7 with 4913 viewsJamie

Expected to be announced tomorrow

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/01/breaking-tfc-set-to-name-nelsen-new-head-coa
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 22:05 - Jan 7 with 970 viewsHunterhoop

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 21:47 - Jan 7 by Westy75

End of the day I hope if Ferdinand does play then people support him. Wasnt it Ferdinand and Hill at the back for a lot of those heroic defensive performances at the end of last season?

Bugger.

Oh well.

It has to be Hill and Onouha now. No bloody well should Anton get near the first team. He has been woeful this season and is clearly not fit.

And Warnock can go for walk if he thinks he's taking Hill off us too.

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 22:05 - Jan 7 with 968 viewsMatch82

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 21:46 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not naive. I know the World isn't populated entirely of angels and saints. But I do think there should be decency and, clause or no clause, I think the decent thing to do is to stay and fight for the cause that was joined. I'm disappointed in him.

I don't think he was told that we'd be bottom in January when he signed the contract!

I do see your point, and if he was in any way responsible for the position we find ourselves in right now then I'd agree. But to be honest I think the manager (Hughes)/some of the other players have let HIM down with the level of competence that they've shown.

It will be interesting to see how he phrases his exit message
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 22:17 - Jan 7 with 929 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 22:05 - Jan 7 by Match82

I don't think he was told that we'd be bottom in January when he signed the contract!

I do see your point, and if he was in any way responsible for the position we find ourselves in right now then I'd agree. But to be honest I think the manager (Hughes)/some of the other players have let HIM down with the level of competence that they've shown.

It will be interesting to see how he phrases his exit message

Fair enough '82. I see your point too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 22:21 - Jan 7 with 917 viewsTacticalR

This is the last thing we need. It's scary because our central defence has been so shaky. It's frustrating because it's taken a while to work out what our best central defensive partnership should be. It's galling because in many matches he has been our best player.

However, it's hard to begrudge him this opportunity after he's given his all, and who knows what was agreed at the beginning of the season? For all we know it might have been agreed that he could leave if a job in management came up.

Air hostess clique

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 22:25 - Jan 7 with 900 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Battling not to be too fed up about this one.

He has a contract, as Davman said, and should honour it IMHO. Maybe he is, with a get out clause as also mentioned, but he has done very well for us, captained us and I'm certain has been well paid.

It'll be a sad day if this is true, can't hold it against him too much but very, very disappointed if true.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 22:41 - Jan 7 with 847 viewsSpiritofGregory

Two centrebacks please Mr Redknapp, don't want Ferdinand and Onuoha (Tweedledum & Tweedledee) as centrebacks.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 23:05 - Jan 7 with 804 viewsJigsore

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 23:43 - Jan 7 with 731 viewsBrightonhoop

Terrible news.

I see your point too 82 but I would have hope he'd see us through for the season and pick up his option elsewhere next season. He's in such good form right now, he made Torres annonymous the other night.

It's a terrible blow at this time anyway I try to look at it.
Login to get fewer ads

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 00:39 - Jan 8 with 698 viewskropotkin41

Difficult to see how this isn't the absolute f*cking end.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 00:56 - Jan 8 with 685 viewsHollowayRanger

No longer my Player of the season

he's basically walking out on us

cant blame him family and near end of career ect ect but still leaving us seriously in the shite

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 01:26 - Jan 8 with 664 viewsMatch82

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 23:43 - Jan 7 by Brightonhoop

Terrible news.

I see your point too 82 but I would have hope he'd see us through for the season and pick up his option elsewhere next season. He's in such good form right now, he made Torres annonymous the other night.

It's a terrible blow at this time anyway I try to look at it.

No doubt. This is a huge loss for us however you look at it, I didn't mean it to seem like I'm undervaluing him.

The closest I can get to looking at this positively is that we might be able to make a more natural pairing at the back with Hill along with a younger, pacier partner. Either Onuoha, if he's up to it, or someone we bring in during the window.
That's a REAL stretch though, and I can't talk myself into believing it.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 02:42 - Jan 8 with 641 viewsQPR_Jim

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 01:26 - Jan 8 by Match82

No doubt. This is a huge loss for us however you look at it, I didn't mean it to seem like I'm undervaluing him.

The closest I can get to looking at this positively is that we might be able to make a more natural pairing at the back with Hill along with a younger, pacier partner. Either Onuoha, if he's up to it, or someone we bring in during the window.
That's a REAL stretch though, and I can't talk myself into believing it.

I agree with what your saying, a massive loss but a potential silver lining if we find an alternative partnership. Two centre backs the wrong side of 32 is not a long term solution. A lot has been said about which type of players we should sign, personally id sell/release everyone who wants to go and try to coach what we've got into a solid defensive unit.

We may well get relegated this way but there's no guarantees by keeping our current squad together and/or adding to it.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 02:53 - Jan 8 with 637 viewsqprmick

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 02:42 - Jan 8 by QPR_Jim

I agree with what your saying, a massive loss but a potential silver lining if we find an alternative partnership. Two centre backs the wrong side of 32 is not a long term solution. A lot has been said about which type of players we should sign, personally id sell/release everyone who wants to go and try to coach what we've got into a solid defensive unit.

We may well get relegated this way but there's no guarantees by keeping our current squad together and/or adding to it.

I think the club are resigned to us being relegated. What is the hurry with Nelsen?He is only 35 and where he is going he is on a hiding to nothing. Very, very disappointed in him.

Qprmick

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 04:24 - Jan 8 with 625 viewskarlski

good luck to him, but this is a disaster. massively deflated after hearing this.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 04:33 - Jan 8 with 623 viewsBeaufort27

This doesn't make any sense... at all...

Usually old players who are no longer standing up to their level of the game are the ones who retire and take up coaching (or journalism) in the middle of a season (Gary Neville springs to mind). Nelson has captured form from 4 years ago and is the captain of our club.... what the hell happened?
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 05:12 - Jan 8 with 612 viewsBklynRanger

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 22:17 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough '82. I see your point too.

Players sign contracts that more than compensate for the potential stress, whatever kind, they may experience.

I agree with all your responses, Brian. But TBH not this one.

I don't really go for this argument that he's done well for us all season so can now just bail out because 'bless him' he got a really good opportunity.

If he really did have a 'managers job' type clause in his contract then fair play and good luck to him, good effort once again Hughes you fcuking bellend. If not, like I said before, jobs come and go for everybody in this world so can we please resist the urge to pamper one of life's more fortunate types?

The fella's walking out on us at a time when we need him most. Whatever way people want to express that it's a fact.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 06:13 - Jan 8 with 593 viewsPommyhoop

He's leaving us in the brown stuff .When I hear his name in the future I wont think of the good 6 months he's given us I'll always remember him a a rat jumping off the sinking ship.Sorry Ryan you've let us down mate.

Mbia to take his place till we get cover maybe?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 06:52 - Jan 8 with 574 viewsWesty75

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 05:12 - Jan 8 by BklynRanger

Players sign contracts that more than compensate for the potential stress, whatever kind, they may experience.

I agree with all your responses, Brian. But TBH not this one.

I don't really go for this argument that he's done well for us all season so can now just bail out because 'bless him' he got a really good opportunity.

If he really did have a 'managers job' type clause in his contract then fair play and good luck to him, good effort once again Hughes you fcuking bellend. If not, like I said before, jobs come and go for everybody in this world so can we please resist the urge to pamper one of life's more fortunate types?

The fella's walking out on us at a time when we need him most. Whatever way people want to express that it's a fact.

Agreed. If he has a clause then fair enough, no complaints from me. If not then he's not the saintlike figure that some are making him out to be. He's just another footballer who will do what suits him, again that's life, I'm not going to crucify him for it but let's not get carried away kissing his arse for the effort he put in this season, that's his f*cking job after all and he was well paid for it.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 07:02 - Jan 8 with 564 viewsfakekerby

He's been good in an bloody awful defence.

We can get a better replacement and shake the 70 year old central defence partnership which is too slow, plays so deeply and in all honestly - both Hill and Nelsen have made errors that have led to goals from time to time.

I don't see the massive loss - I liked the guy and we need one of Hill/Nelsen but maybe losing one is a blessing?
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 08:09 - Jan 8 with 499 viewsjonno

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 07:02 - Jan 8 by fakekerby

He's been good in an bloody awful defence.

We can get a better replacement and shake the 70 year old central defence partnership which is too slow, plays so deeply and in all honestly - both Hill and Nelsen have made errors that have led to goals from time to time.

I don't see the massive loss - I liked the guy and we need one of Hill/Nelsen but maybe losing one is a blessing?

....is the right answer. When he came it was generally thought he'd be fourth choice so I imagine there was some kind of release clause in the event he was offered a coaching type role. Personally I don't see it as necessarily a huge loss - yes he has done well but he's looked good more due to the paucity of the alternatives more than anything. As has been said he is slow and that means we sit too deep at the back. Hopefully we will get in somebody considerably better as a replacement.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 08:29 - Jan 8 with 474 viewscorse

good luck to him.
wasnt very convinced about signing a player at his age as a back up last summer but turned out to be a very good and important player in starting XI when every one around him more or less failed. can see now the reason why we signed ben-haim in such short notice. he could fill the gap while harry is for looking new centre backs.
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 08:35 - Jan 8 with 467 viewsTheBlob

Canada.That's abroad isn't it?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 08:36 - Jan 8 with 466 viewsMerthyrHoop

I'm assuming this has been in the offing for a while. I figured that being linked with even more midfielders (M'Vila, Livermore, Diame) was so that MBia would be moved back into the defence?
Nelsen new Toronto manager on 08:39 - Jan 8 with 461 viewswombat

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 08:36 - Jan 8 by MerthyrHoop

I'm assuming this has been in the offing for a while. I figured that being linked with even more midfielders (M'Vila, Livermore, Diame) was so that MBia would be moved back into the defence?

ian abrahams( reporter) on twitter is saying its not a done deal yet with nelson

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Nelsen new Toronto manager on 08:42 - Jan 8 with 453 viewsElHoop

Nobody knows his contractual arrangements or the deal that was done to get him here in the first place, and I'm not going to guess.

All i know is that we'd be in deeper shit if he hadn't have signed and I'm still glad that he did sign for us. It's certainly not his fault that he's the best that we've got at the moment. I can see him making a very good manager too, so maybe he'll come back in that position some day, if he hasn't burned his bridges this time around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024