Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Fan Here 01:44 - Oct 12 with 20788 viewswelshman79

I come here in piece i don't want any negative or stupid idiotic comments here so dont bother, To be honest i bet you guys are laughing at us right now with all the crap that's been going on at our club, and to be honest i don't blame you whatsoever.
the way Hitler Tan is running the club he will ruin us, im just interested in your opinions in the situation and if you plan on posting any hateful or horrible comments dont bother i want this to be a friendly thread.
Cardiff Fan Here on 15:23 - Oct 13 with 1394 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:18 - Oct 13 by Phil_S

Not overlooked anything in fairness you took the bait that you were thrown so I was having my two penneth worth as part of that particular bait.

To be honest I'm not sure why any club in their first season in the Premier League would plan a stadium expansion or spend in excess of their budget given it just makes no commercial sense?

Wonder for me to bite too? Yes it doesn't make economical sense but we are dealing with an eccentric here.
Cardiff Fan Here on 15:23 - Oct 13 with 1393 viewsperchrockjack

Agreed on that Scoobydoo.
Trust me its mutual loathing.
I do however make a distinction with the club and Cardiff people who to me are exactly the same as JACKS eg,Urban Welsh Industrial heartland and the posion that is CARDIFF city fc.
I really don't mind Cardiff rugby although just seeing them being destroyed by Exeter was hard to take

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:25 - Oct 13 with 1380 viewsPhil_S

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:23 - Oct 13 by ScoobyDoo

Wonder for me to bite too? Yes it doesn't make economical sense but we are dealing with an eccentric here.

Would you class him as eccentric if he was in charge of say Crystal Palace and doing the same thing? Or QPR?
Cardiff Fan Here on 15:26 - Oct 13 with 1376 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:23 - Oct 13 by perchrockjack

Agreed on that Scoobydoo.
Trust me its mutual loathing.
I do however make a distinction with the club and Cardiff people who to me are exactly the same as JACKS eg,Urban Welsh Industrial heartland and the posion that is CARDIFF city fc.
I really don't mind Cardiff rugby although just seeing them being destroyed by Exeter was hard to take

Mate i have a few jack mates and yes the banter is mutual but that's all it is.
Cardiff Fan Here on 15:27 - Oct 13 with 1371 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:25 - Oct 13 by Phil_S

Would you class him as eccentric if he was in charge of say Crystal Palace and doing the same thing? Or QPR?

Yeah i would, what would you describe him as?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 15:28]
Cardiff Fan Here on 15:29 - Oct 13 with 1360 viewsPhil_S

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:27 - Oct 13 by ScoobyDoo

Yeah i would, what would you describe him as?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 15:28]

I dont know enough about him to form an opinion but I'm not sure I would want an eccentric playing with my football club!
Cardiff Fan Here on 15:30 - Oct 13 with 1355 viewsperchrockjack

I have no jack mates but I m detested on here so it proves something although I don't know what.
Ive always got on well outside football with CARDIFF people but I really do detest the club.
Its like Everton up here a team I loathe but their fans are often top people.

People are Strange

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:32 - Oct 13 with 1344 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:29 - Oct 13 by Phil_S

I dont know enough about him to form an opinion but I'm not sure I would want an eccentric playing with my football club!

Hard to do anything about it though now Phil in it, we have been in this position since Hammam.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:34 - Oct 13 with 1335 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:30 - Oct 13 by perchrockjack

I have no jack mates but I m detested on here so it proves something although I don't know what.
Ive always got on well outside football with CARDIFF people but I really do detest the club.
Its like Everton up here a team I loathe but their fans are often top people.

People are Strange

I take it you live on Merseyside then? Are you a Swansea lad?
Cardiff Fan Here on 15:40 - Oct 13 with 1316 viewsperchrockjack

West Wirral but worked 30 years in Liverpool.
Sadly a Jack to the bone -born bred-and been following our lot all through from Allchurch to Curtis the Petty era, going bust, going up, going down, seen them come seen them go.Most supporters I see now weren't even tadpoles when I was kicking shuite outta everything and everyone I could find so bad were we. THEN CAME THE GOD TIMES
Used to have to listen to Richard fewcnShepherd commentaries on my little transistor at work when all else were listening to Liverpool/ Everton in their pomp. WASNT EASY but they were very kind and now our club has massive respect here notweithstanding so many jacks hate scouces/scousers

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:41 - Oct 13 with 1312 viewsDarran

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:34 - Oct 13 by ScoobyDoo

I take it you live on Merseyside then? Are you a Swansea lad?

No he said up here because he lives in outer space.
F*ck me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:44 - Oct 13 with 1301 viewsChief

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:09 - Oct 13 by ScoobyDoo

Why would he have used a glass?

judging by the mess on him, his fists alone wouldn't have done the job

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:46 - Oct 13 with 1282 viewsperchrockjack

I feel sometimes so lonely I really am in outer space.

HANK,where are you ?

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:51 - Oct 13 with 1266 viewsreddythered

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:41 - Oct 13 by Darran

F*ck me.

Uranus?

#tooeasy

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:52 - Oct 13 with 1260 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:40 - Oct 13 by perchrockjack

West Wirral but worked 30 years in Liverpool.
Sadly a Jack to the bone -born bred-and been following our lot all through from Allchurch to Curtis the Petty era, going bust, going up, going down, seen them come seen them go.Most supporters I see now weren't even tadpoles when I was kicking shuite outta everything and everyone I could find so bad were we. THEN CAME THE GOD TIMES
Used to have to listen to Richard fewcnShepherd commentaries on my little transistor at work when all else were listening to Liverpool/ Everton in their pomp. WASNT EASY but they were very kind and now our club has massive respect here notweithstanding so many jacks hate scouces/scousers

You said you have no jack mates, lost contact with people you grew up with?
Cardiff Fan Here on 15:52 - Oct 13 with 1260 viewsperchrockjack

Too predictable

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:54 - Oct 13 with 1252 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:41 - Oct 13 by Darran

F*ck me.

Butt out no one asked you Dazza?
Cardiff Fan Here on 15:55 - Oct 13 with 1248 viewsDarran

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:54 - Oct 13 by ScoobyDoo

Butt out no one asked you Dazza?

Thick tw*t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:56 - Oct 13 with 1246 viewsreddythered

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:02 - Oct 13 by Phil_S

When Tan did the rebrand? Yes. When Sam was doing his work? No.

However, that is irrelevant on something like this. In the grand scheme of things it works the same way. Even after ousting Petty we were two months away from losing the club. Had the city also not united behind us and agreed the CVA we were ducked.

The worst that would have happened to you was Tan would have left but the club would have survived. Appreciated you may have dropped a division or two (or you may not, nobody can say for certain) but you would have had a united support base and everyone pulling in the right direction. It's not just Swansea where that has worked we are just the highest profile example of it working

Would it have survived?

I don't think so. We'd have been looking at liquidation imo, not administration. You also identified the city united behind you = we'd not have that luxury, business in Cardiff is very much egg first, football miles behind. Until we got to the Prem, in hich case they are suddenly interested.

You succeeded not purely because of the Trust but also because you had local businessmen who were fans, who were willing to get involved. Again, we don't have that luxury.

United support base? There's more chance of me changing OldJack's colostomy bag than our support ever being united. Even before the changing of the home shirt to red that was pretty obvious.

EDIT : One example was Michael Issac, a Cardiff fan. On the board. Helped the club during some of the financial stages, sure. The guy charged 20% ( or base rate + 20%, not sure ) on the loan. I can't see Jenkins or Morgan doing that.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2013 15:59]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Cardiff Fan Here on 16:03 - Oct 13 with 1223 viewsScoobyDoo

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:55 - Oct 13 by Darran

Thick tw*t.

The irony?
Cardiff Fan Here on 16:08 - Oct 13 with 1202 viewsShaky

Cardiff Fan Here on 15:13 - Oct 13 by Phil_S

But I also wouldn't go down the route of just saying that trusts can only work in lower levels and that the financial position when you formed yours meant it couldnt have worked. what made it not have the same impact was everyone was behind ours, you didnt have that luxury

Sorry Phill but that is laughably simplistic.

The reality is that outcomes in life are determined by a highly complex - in fact chaotic - interaction of an almost infinite variety of social factors, only a tiny proportion of which can be directly controlled.

To attribute the success of Swansea FC to just one factor is objectively speaking just not serious. Even so, it is to a large extent the basis for the exceptionalism which many people - and not just supporters - regard the club.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Cardiff Fan Here on 16:15 - Oct 13 with 1183 viewsPhil_S

Cardiff Fan Here on 16:08 - Oct 13 by Shaky

Sorry Phill but that is laughably simplistic.

The reality is that outcomes in life are determined by a highly complex - in fact chaotic - interaction of an almost infinite variety of social factors, only a tiny proportion of which can be directly controlled.

To attribute the success of Swansea FC to just one factor is objectively speaking just not serious. Even so, it is to a large extent the basis for the exceptionalism which many people - and not just supporters - regard the club.

No its completely true. Had not everyone been united behind the club we would have failed.

Where you are right is that no one person's actions is responsible for the success of the club but the fact that we were all completely behind it is.

There will always be luck involved.
Cardiff Fan Here on 16:19 - Oct 13 with 1171 viewsShaky

Cardiff Fan Here on 16:15 - Oct 13 by Phil_S

No its completely true. Had not everyone been united behind the club we would have failed.

Where you are right is that no one person's actions is responsible for the success of the club but the fact that we were all completely behind it is.

There will always be luck involved.

If by "luck" you mean randomness I agree.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Cardiff Fan Here on 16:20 - Oct 13 with 1159 viewsPhil_S

Cardiff Fan Here on 16:19 - Oct 13 by Shaky

If by "luck" you mean randomness I agree.

You can go into as many theories as you choose.

Simply being had any part of our support been against things that were going on then we would have failed in getting the club past the first crucial point in time. The big thing was everyone was completely behind the one common goal
Cardiff Fan Here on 16:26 - Oct 13 with 1136 viewsShaky

Cardiff Fan Here on 16:20 - Oct 13 by Phil_S

You can go into as many theories as you choose.

Simply being had any part of our support been against things that were going on then we would have failed in getting the club past the first crucial point in time. The big thing was everyone was completely behind the one common goal

So were the Light Brigade at Balaclava.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024