Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred 07:57 - Oct 25 with 32797 viewsdavman

I will be there. Mad, eh?

Expecting nothing at all, but hoping that sh1tty Scotty Parker only wants to win 1-0 or 2-0 at worst. Last time I was there Rowan Vine scored my all time fave QPR goal running the length of the pitch to shoot into an empty goal because Gabor Kiraly with his baggy jogging bottoms was up for a last minute corner to try to equalise.

No Frey bad, no Colback bad, no Paal - hooray!

Just dreading the next "minor" calf problem to be announced with the team news.

2-0 them. Promise from us, but ultimately huff and puff with no attacking threat whatsoever.

The football will ruin a good weekend away as per...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 18:48 - Oct 25 with 1742 viewsLoyalitat

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:59 - Oct 25 by Rangersw12

Brilliant support

Going for a 2-0 defeat though 😞

This is why these fans, the real diehard ones amongst us, should always be the first to be given tickets when scarce or there are limited numbers available.

We could be bottom of the table by the end of tonight, yet over 700 are going to Turf Moor tomorrow. Well done all of you. Massive respect.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 18:51 - Oct 25 with 1724 viewsNorthantsHoop

I will take a draw now, because we are good at them!
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 19:08 - Oct 25 with 1668 viewsBoston

Burnley 0. QPR. 17.

Edging on the side of caution.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 19:13 - Oct 25 with 1656 viewsBurnleyhoop

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 18:26 - Oct 25 by qpr_1968

the away game at turf moor that season was 3-0 to the r's.....a good trip up by train when fares were'nt ever the problem, a cheep old ticket on the football special cattle train, and everyone was happy.....well it was 1979.

10 nil on aggregate.....a miracle if we repeated that this season....

Was at that game as a 14 year old. Got pelters at school on Monday but loved every minute of it.

Was right in line with the 25 yard half volley from Clive Allen. What a striker he was.

Also bumped into Bob Hazel on the way into the ground. He was fu#king massive, or certainly seemed that way at the time 😆

Happy days.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred (n/t) on 20:31 - Oct 25 with 1561 viewsnumptydumpty

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 19:13 - Oct 25 by Burnleyhoop

Was at that game as a 14 year old. Got pelters at school on Monday but loved every minute of it.

Was right in line with the 25 yard half volley from Clive Allen. What a striker he was.

Also bumped into Bob Hazel on the way into the ground. He was fu#king massive, or certainly seemed that way at the time 😆

Happy days.

[Post edited 25 Oct 20:32]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 21:56 - Oct 25 with 1455 viewsHooparoo

At least we all have low expectations for this one which will surely be met 😕

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 22:11 - Oct 25 with 1410 viewscolinallcars

I believe my under-butler is a Burnley supporter. When he's finished ironing my copy of tomorrow's Times, I'll see what he thinks.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 04:53 - Oct 26 with 1261 viewsMalintabuk

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 16:59 - Oct 25 by Rangersw12

Brilliant support

Going for a 2-0 defeat though 😞

Unfortunately getting to the stage in life where traipsing up there is getting too much for me and my brother after Tuesday so only the young'uns are going... but woke up this morning wishing I got a ticket now.... as I would be leaving soon... there is no hope for me, but to the younger ones on here... get out while you still can!!!
Back to the game, will be in Luxembourg or somewhere to catch it later... and hopefully as said on the false 9 thread, we go for a clean sheet draw, keep it tight and pray.... but realistically can only see a 0... 2, 3 or even 4 defeat
Login to get fewer ads

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 07:02 - Oct 26 with 1220 viewsBoston

Is there a preferred pre match watering hole?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 07:45 - Oct 26 with 1190 viewsdavman

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 04:53 - Oct 26 by Malintabuk

Unfortunately getting to the stage in life where traipsing up there is getting too much for me and my brother after Tuesday so only the young'uns are going... but woke up this morning wishing I got a ticket now.... as I would be leaving soon... there is no hope for me, but to the younger ones on here... get out while you still can!!!
Back to the game, will be in Luxembourg or somewhere to catch it later... and hopefully as said on the false 9 thread, we go for a clean sheet draw, keep it tight and pray.... but realistically can only see a 0... 2, 3 or even 4 defeat

"Young 'uns", I'll take that!

Talking of age though, did anyone else clock Clive's claim in his preview that he is still in his 30s? No way, no way; it's been a lifetime since he took over from Ron and Simon, surely?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 08:03 - Oct 26 with 1169 viewsthemodfather

Can’t see anything but a Burnley win 3-0
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 08:10 - Oct 26 with 1163 viewsRs_Holy

1-1
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 09:30 - Oct 26 with 1093 viewsnumptydumpty

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 08:10 - Oct 26 by Rs_Holy

1-1

Team i would pick

Nardi

Saito JCS Cook Dunne Smyth

Field Varane

Dembele Chair

Anderson

Subs to be used Fox / Morgan / Celar / Santos / Lloyd

Team I expect though

Nardi

Fox JCS Cook Dunne

Field Varane

Saito Chair Smyth

Celar

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 09:32 - Oct 26 with 1094 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 15:57 - Oct 25 by qpr_1968

i'm going with the super computer....2-0 upset.

Some computer. Some prediction.

Bet it pulls a calf before the k.o.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 10:17 - Oct 26 with 1055 viewsjohnhoop

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 09:32 - Oct 26 by PlanetHonneywood

They should get someone in to fix it. Our prediction aside, the fact that it’s predicting a home defeat for Sunderland against Oxford should surely be a red flag.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 10:24 - Oct 26 with 1035 viewsDorse

I demand victory! Or a draw! Or at least a close defeat!

Who's with me?!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 10:24 - Oct 26 with 1031 viewsderbyhoop

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 22:11 - Oct 25 by colinallcars

I believe my under-butler is a Burnley supporter. When he's finished ironing my copy of tomorrow's Times, I'll see what he thinks.

I'm very sorry, my Lord, but I cannot foresee anything other than a comprehensive home win. I do apologise.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:28 - Oct 26 with 1014 viewsnumptydumpty

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 08:10 - Oct 26 by Rs_Holy

1-1

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 10:30 - Oct 26 with 1005 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I started on Saturday with anger, Tuesday I was just resigned, and today, it is apathy.
3 or 4-0 to Burnley, and I don't really care anymore.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 10:34 - Oct 26 with 994 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 09:32 - Oct 26 by PlanetHonneywood

Evidently the same computer we use to scout strikers.
Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 10:39 - Oct 26 with 968 viewsDorse

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 10:34 - Oct 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

Evidently the same computer we use to scout strikers.

I thought we used Ceefax.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 11:00 - Oct 26 with 922 viewsBoston

Bumped into some R's at Preston, they're heading for the Cricket Club.

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 12:07 - Oct 26 with 792 viewsconnell10

2-1 Burnley im afraid!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 12:41 - Oct 26 with 712 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 10:24 - Oct 26 by derbyhoop

I'm very sorry, my Lord, but I cannot foresee anything other than a comprehensive home win. I do apologise.

If we can keep it tight for the first 97 minutes, I can see us getting something.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Turfed over once Moor - Burnley Match Fred on 13:45 - Oct 26 with 602 viewsBklynRanger

I'm going to cling to the idea that today gives us the chance to implement more of whatever tippy tappy game model they've been trying, and failing, to string together for the last few weeks.

So that leads me to the very overoptimistic prediction of a score draw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024