Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146157 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:57 - Jul 1 with 1915 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:47 - Jul 1 by paulparker

give it up Danny , your sounding very bitter mate , telling Rangers fans to support other clubs because they have a different opinion is a bit sad
no one is giving it the biggun on here , people voted out, its a democracy and the majority won so lets get on with it , if you take the vote for what it is most of England voted out by a landslide
yes there will be uncertainty but in time this could be a good thing
I don't agree with you politically and never will but I don't mind you as a poster I actually find myself agreeing with you on football matters , I think all of us should save the bickering until the season starts

It's not about having a different opinion PP. It's about coming on here out of nowhere going "What a time to be alive!" and all the rest of it when there is obviously a lot of bad feeling on this, and people are trying to discuss what's happened. For all the back and forth there's been some good stuff on both sides of the argument. Running your mouth about how excited you are to join the Tory party and how everyone in Kent is over the moon? Not quite in the same league.

Also, if you start saying the city I come from and choose to bring my kids up in is a shthole filled with knife crime (and the rest), then I think you're a dickhead, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

Personally, what all this has brought home to me is that yes, at the moment I probably do feel more of a Londoner than I do English. Certainly a lot prouder of it. By the sound of it a lot of us here in the city feel like we have more in common with each other, whatever passport we happen to carry, than this England of yours, which isn't even part of a real Britain anymore.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 13:06]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:59 - Jul 1 with 1910 viewsstevec

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:29 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

Letter in the FT this morning (not from me!):

Sir, Roula Khalaf has the story roughly right but she’s missed the most injured demographic (“Post-referendum mourning and the millennial vote”, Notebook June 30). It’s us on Facebook posting memes about Little Britain and Pooh and Piglet. We are the 48 – years old as well as per cent.

We have small houses and large mortgages. We went to raves and we stopped fighting at football matches. We got very drunk one night in 1997 then felt betrayed because of Iraq. We like being European and we understand the world is interconnected and complicated. We thought everyone knew that the headlines about Brussels Being Bananas were just jokes. We didn’t realise anyone took The Sun seriously. We can follow an argument and spot a lie. We have friends in other countries and we’re embarrassed. We feel completely disconnected from half our neighbours and felt the need to apologise in person to our Polish friends at the school gate. We’ve explained to our kids that grandad isn’t really a racist and that we’ll still be allowed to go camping in France.

We are lecturers, nurses, systems analysts and engineers. We are the civil service. We run small businesses. We work for large, foreign-owned companies. We aren’t in charge but we are the backbone of the country. We didn’t go to Eton. We are grown-ups. We can’t leave because our kids are at school and our parents are getting old. We wish that we were Scottish, or Irish. We didn’t prepare ourselves for this because we didn’t believe it could possibly happen.

We’d really like an electable opposition. We want a plan B, a climbdown, a compromise. We want common sense to come back into fashion. We are reduced to posting on Facebook because we haven’t worked out what to do yet. We will. We want our country back.

and all of this happened whilst you were IN THE EU.

'You can spot a lie' ? ....

small houses/large mortgage? Iraq? Apologising for everything you didn't do? Apologise for your Grandad? (FFS!), want to be every nationality EXCEPT English.

Jesus, you ain't that fckin good at spotting a lie are you?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:08 - Jul 1 with 1886 viewsjohncharles

Seriously though, what happens when Aldi and Liddle pull out ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:16 - Jul 1 with 1866 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:08 - Jul 1 by johncharles

Seriously though, what happens when Aldi and Liddle pull out ?

If only.Think I could live without cod bladders in a can.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:16 - Jul 1 with 1865 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I hope we bring back the famous blue passports.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:19 - Jul 1 with 1853 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:59 - Jul 1 by stevec

and all of this happened whilst you were IN THE EU.

'You can spot a lie' ? ....

small houses/large mortgage? Iraq? Apologising for everything you didn't do? Apologise for your Grandad? (FFS!), want to be every nationality EXCEPT English.

Jesus, you ain't that fckin good at spotting a lie are you?

Give it up Steve,nothing worse than a sore loser.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:24 - Jul 1 with 1843 viewsstevec

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:16 - Jul 1 by Metallica_Hoop

Sadly, the best part of 48% would happily burn it.

And we wonder why our footballers are so half hearted?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:32 - Jul 1 with 1822 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:19 - Jul 1 by TheBlob

Give it up Steve,nothing worse than a sore loser.

Says the person on here who most clearly has nothing worth fighting for in the first place.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 13:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:38 - Jul 1 with 1805 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:32 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

Says the person on here who most clearly has nothing worth fighting for in the first place.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 13:33]

Now now,put down those photographs of clenched fists.
It's nearly friday night and there are more important things to consider.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:42 - Jul 1 with 1789 viewsTHEBUSH

Yeh, but it won't look like that, it'll say, England and Wales First
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:44 - Jul 1 with 1785 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:57 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

It's not about having a different opinion PP. It's about coming on here out of nowhere going "What a time to be alive!" and all the rest of it when there is obviously a lot of bad feeling on this, and people are trying to discuss what's happened. For all the back and forth there's been some good stuff on both sides of the argument. Running your mouth about how excited you are to join the Tory party and how everyone in Kent is over the moon? Not quite in the same league.

Also, if you start saying the city I come from and choose to bring my kids up in is a shthole filled with knife crime (and the rest), then I think you're a dickhead, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

Personally, what all this has brought home to me is that yes, at the moment I probably do feel more of a Londoner than I do English. Certainly a lot prouder of it. By the sound of it a lot of us here in the city feel like we have more in common with each other, whatever passport we happen to carry, than this England of yours, which isn't even part of a real Britain anymore.

Drop a line to Sadiq mate. See if he can get the UK passport ditched for the likes of you and have a nice shiny London one.
London is a part of England so that makes you English exactly the same as me so leave off with this ridiculous London elitism that has seemed to have popped up lately.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:45 - Jul 1 with 1782 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:44 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

Drop a line to Sadiq mate. See if he can get the UK passport ditched for the likes of you and have a nice shiny London one.
London is a part of England so that makes you English exactly the same as me so leave off with this ridiculous London elitism that has seemed to have popped up lately.

Fingers crossed, eh?

In the meantime, you can equal up the money I spend subsidising your tube fare and give it to charity. Wouldn't want you to be a sponger.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 13:53]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:54 - Jul 1 with 1745 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:45 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

Fingers crossed, eh?

In the meantime, you can equal up the money I spend subsidising your tube fare and give it to charity. Wouldn't want you to be a sponger.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 13:53]

Subsidising? The state of the transport system in London isnt worth what i pay for fares as it is. Overcrowded and poorly run. I would drive but they have managed to completely fck up the road system in the last 20 years even more than what it was before.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:59 - Jul 1 with 1719 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:54 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

Subsidising? The state of the transport system in London isnt worth what i pay for fares as it is. Overcrowded and poorly run. I would drive but they have managed to completely fck up the road system in the last 20 years even more than what it was before.

I pay into TfL as a London council tax payer via the Greater London Authority. So yes, I'm subsidising you every time you come into London. You're sponging off me. I pay for you.

So as I say, feel free to stop moaning and stay fcking put.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:00 - Jul 1 with 1712 viewsstumbleandfall

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:54 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

As has been suggested before. No side won. We're all losers in this clustershambles.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:07 - Jul 1 with 1680 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:00 - Jul 1 by stumbleandfall

As has been suggested before. No side won. We're all losers in this clustershambles.

Dont get all the doom and gloom mate. I and most of the people in the country voted to Leave and got what we wanted. Exciting future ahead in a country not being told what to do by Euro bureaucrats. Points system for immigration. Stop free movement between EU and us. Cameron gone, Corbyn on his way. Sounds like a winner to me.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:07 - Jul 1 with 1683 viewsPlanetHonneywood

While that is clearly a cover, I recall my first passport as having a black cover.

There was something back in the day, to arrive at your point of entry, looking the immigration officer in the face and placing in his hand, a firm, beautifully prepared and outstanding document, in which contained a polite request of H.M. Government, for safe passage into some foreign outpost.

Alas, the modern passport is a tad limp, but it won't be changed. This is because modern passports are designed to fit into e-readers and the likes. The upstanding British passport of yore, and indeed passports of other countries, required a personal touch, which alas, is lost.

We might well get our black coloured passports back. But we will not get the carefully hand crafted document with its robust cover back.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:08 - Jul 1 with 1684 viewspaulparker

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:57 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

if the vote had gone the other way , the remainders on here would have been saying the same things , there would have been the same bad feelings on the other side as well
we just have to get on with it, and see what happens

im from the same city as you , my family were born & raised around the Bush & Notting Hill , I moved to the sticks for a better life and for family but I still class myself "a Londoner" as well as a proud Englishman, I think Vegas does in a way as well and he does have a point that some parts of London are a little iffy , for me London has changed but then again I haven't lived there for 14 years
if you go out to the suburb's and beyond there is a feeling that the normal person has been let down by successive governments , they want change , they want a better Britain/England ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:08 - Jul 1 with 1679 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:59 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

I pay into TfL as a London council tax payer via the Greater London Authority. So yes, I'm subsidising you every time you come into London. You're sponging off me. I pay for you.

So as I say, feel free to stop moaning and stay fcking put.

So any complaints i got regarding the shoddy travel experience i suffer on TFL i just forward to you? nice one .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:10 - Jul 1 with 1675 viewsstumbleandfall

Little reported is a by election result from last night. Small turn out and small sample size but will be the sort of nightmare that give tory polling boffins nightmares. And all in leafy Surrey. They will be very afraid.

Leatherhead North (Mole Valley) result:
LDEM: 56.6% (+27.4)
CON: 22.3% (-11.7)
UKIP: 10.3% (-7.9)
LAB: 8.9% (-5.7)
GRN: 1.8% (-2.1)
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:11 - Jul 1 with 1671 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:08 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

So any complaints i got regarding the shoddy travel experience i suffer on TFL i just forward to you? nice one .

No mate, I'm just the poor mug whose government (the British one) obliges me to pay for freeloaders like you from less prosperous parts of the world.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:17 - Jul 1 with 1649 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:11 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

No mate, I'm just the poor mug whose government (the British one) obliges me to pay for freeloaders like you from less prosperous parts of the world.

You're late with the payments.We're running out of smoked salmon here.Can you work just a little bit harder please?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 14:17]

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:23 - Jul 1 with 1624 viewsvblockranger

Freeloader? for using London transport? I wish it was free ! Seriously mate that post of yours just sums up this new London elitism that the tw@t Sadiq Khan is also trying to promote and use to further his own political ends.
Come and have a drive round the country mate.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:24 - Jul 1 with 1622 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:10 - Jul 1 by stumbleandfall

Little reported is a by election result from last night. Small turn out and small sample size but will be the sort of nightmare that give tory polling boffins nightmares. And all in leafy Surrey. They will be very afraid.

Leatherhead North (Mole Valley) result:
LDEM: 56.6% (+27.4)
CON: 22.3% (-11.7)
UKIP: 10.3% (-7.9)
LAB: 8.9% (-5.7)
GRN: 1.8% (-2.1)

2020 will be an interesting election if any party can fill the vacuum there is at the moment and present themselves as the one progressive, pro-Europe party. Or if there's an electoral alliance between the non-Tory/UKIP parties.

With the country split in two like this, people might find the numbers no longer stacking up in their favour.

Personally I have a nasty feeling the union will break up first, and then with Scotland/N Ireland out of the equation anyone left stuck in England & Wales goes back to square one. But if the past week has taught us anything, it should be that the future's never predictable.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:24 - Jul 1 with 1621 viewspaulparker

for someone who I presume is very left wing , you come across at times like a bad Jeremy Clarkson

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024