Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146155 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:14 - Jul 1 with 1598 viewstraininvain

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:05 - Jul 1 by TheBlob

What,after a week?
You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

Obviously far too early to tell so I wouldn't be too hasty in saying who has 'lost'.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:15 - Jul 1 with 1590 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:05 - Jul 1 by TheBlob

What,after a week?
You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

Apparently Brexit is a wonderful idea - which makes it all the more mystifying that the Government keep telling us there is no rush to trigger article 50. Gove thinking of giving it six months.

Europe are saying 'bring it on' - what a shambles.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:17 - Jul 1 with 1587 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:56 - Jul 1 by Mytch_QPR

Well done on the bet, enjoy it while you can. Like you, I'm not normally surprised when I wake up on Friday mornings either.
Do you live in Sunderland by any chance?

No i live in Kent. Most local authorities voted Leave. Tbf if it was fist past the post it would have been a resounding victory for Leave. Still a win is a win.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:20 - Jul 1 with 1581 viewshoof_hearted

The share prices are interesting.

The FTSE 100 companies trade the world and global profits won't be ruined by a dip in the UK. But the shares prices get inflated by demand from overseas investors finding bargains when buying in dollars.

The big surprise is that the smaller company indices have recovered reasonably well. These are the sort of companies that are likely to be in the supply chain for the big manufacturers of Europe. The only logical conclusion is that the weakened currency will encourage the Eurozone buyers to keep shopping for labour and expertise in the UK.

Businesses vote with their wallets and not how they are told to by Brussels so just maybe this Brexit thing has some light at the end of the tunnel.

The lead time on existing orders and other logistics gives us a year or so before we can start seeing if people are pulling out of this country. So back to football next month and then we can have a 50 page "ner ner ner ner ner told you so" thread this time next year

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:24 - Jul 1 with 1565 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:17 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

No i live in Kent. Most local authorities voted Leave. Tbf if it was fist past the post it would have been a resounding victory for Leave. Still a win is a win.

Come to London and you'll find a lot of people who don't agree with you. More of us than you, in fact, in the language we all now seem to be using.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:24 - Jul 1 with 1563 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:20 - Jul 1 by hoof_hearted

The share prices are interesting.

The FTSE 100 companies trade the world and global profits won't be ruined by a dip in the UK. But the shares prices get inflated by demand from overseas investors finding bargains when buying in dollars.

The big surprise is that the smaller company indices have recovered reasonably well. These are the sort of companies that are likely to be in the supply chain for the big manufacturers of Europe. The only logical conclusion is that the weakened currency will encourage the Eurozone buyers to keep shopping for labour and expertise in the UK.

Businesses vote with their wallets and not how they are told to by Brussels so just maybe this Brexit thing has some light at the end of the tunnel.

The lead time on existing orders and other logistics gives us a year or so before we can start seeing if people are pulling out of this country. So back to football next month and then we can have a 50 page "ner ner ner ner ner told you so" thread this time next year

12 months time you say? Hmm. So long as the bloody Russians do not unleash all out thermo nuclear war the day before Donald Trump is sworn into office as US President in January 2017....;-)
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:30 - Jul 1 with 1551 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:24 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

Come to London and you'll find a lot of people who don't agree with you. More of us than you, in fact, in the language we all now seem to be using.

Londoner born and bred but moved out in the 80's. Only come back for the football on Saturdays then i leave as fast as i can. Different kind of London to what i grew up in tbh. Have to be on the outside looking in to see the changes i suppose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:33 - Jul 1 with 1542 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:30 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

Londoner born and bred but moved out in the 80's. Only come back for the football on Saturdays then i leave as fast as i can. Different kind of London to what i grew up in tbh. Have to be on the outside looking in to see the changes i suppose.

Maybe you should save yourself the trouble.

Gillingham are doing all right these days aren't they?
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:39 - Jul 1 with 1525 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:33 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

No need for that, Danny. Once an R always an R.

We haven't left the EU yet. For some reason all of these Leave MPs seem to be stalling. I can't think why.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:48 - Jul 1 with 1502 viewstraininvain

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:30 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

Just out of interest, what's changed about London that you don't like?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:52 - Jul 1 with 1487 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:52 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

Was utterly convinced Leave would win so not much of a surprise when i woke up on Friday morning. Had £100 at an amazing 7/1 too . Bookies were drunk at that price. Fantastic week on Social Media too. Really enjoyed myself. Don't know ANYBODY who voted for Remain and i have asked around. What a time to be alive!!!!
Just hope May doesnt get in as i think Leadsom or Gove would do better job. Going to join Conservatives so i can vote for leader. Who knew politics could be such fun!.

You do realise that the membership doesn't get to vote in a Conservative party leadership election.

So unless your an MP or a media press baron, then you're unlikely to be carry any sway.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:04 - Jul 1 with 2150 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:48 - Jul 1 by traininvain

Just out of interest, what's changed about London that you don't like?

You mean apart from the bag snatchers, pickpockets, muggers, scam artists, beggars and knife wielding kids? Just a bit of a shithole tbh. Maybe it's because i have been "countrified"? Also a couple of million people more live in London now then when i lived there and it shows. Cannot believe the crush on the tube for example.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:09 - Jul 1 with 2128 viewsvblockranger

So stop being a rangers fan because i voted Leave? or because i dont recognize London as the city i grew up in?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:16 - Jul 1 with 2114 viewsTheBlob

We're remembering the 100th anniversary of The Somme this week.The quote that came out of that whole conflict seems just as appropriate today with the moral and intellectual pygmies infesting both ends of the political spectrum.

Lions led by donkeys.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:17 - Jul 1 with 2108 viewstraininvain

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:04 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

You mean apart from the bag snatchers, pickpockets, muggers, scam artists, beggars and knife wielding kids? Just a bit of a shithole tbh. Maybe it's because i have been "countrified"? Also a couple of million people more live in London now then when i lived there and it shows. Cannot believe the crush on the tube for example.

I've been living in London for 32 years and I can honestly say I've never been mugged, pick pocketed, scammed or knifed.

Maybe I've been fortunate but I'm actually struggling to think of anyone I know who has
been mugged, knifed etc.

Are you sure you're not confusing modern London with Dickens' Oliver Twist?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:25 - Jul 1 with 2097 viewsrsonist

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:15 - Jul 1 by Mytch_QPR

Apparently Brexit is a wonderful idea - which makes it all the more mystifying that the Government keep telling us there is no rush to trigger article 50. Gove thinking of giving it six months.

Europe are saying 'bring it on' - what a shambles.

In fairness the Dutch PM has also suggested a delay to Article 50... purely because "England has collapsed politically, monetarily, constitutionally and economically". Quite.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:27 - Jul 1 with 2091 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:09 - Jul 1 by vblockranger

So stop being a rangers fan because i voted Leave? or because i dont recognize London as the city i grew up in?

No, because you're giving it the big one about how you won, like it's all Us and Them.
And here there's more of Us than you.
So if you want to be in "your" England, and London is such a shthole, maybe you want to stay off our public transport, which as a working Londoner I pay more towards than you, and stick with your own.

Me, I'm all for free movement of people. But all this cuts both ways.

Also I was in London in the 70s and 80s and I don't think it feels any more violent then than now. A lot of it's a lot safer and cleaner. If that's really the only way you think it's changed for the worse, I don't know many actual Londoners who would agree. Sure there's nothing else you don't like about it?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2016 11:28]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:36 - Jul 1 with 2057 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As long as we're sensible and 'they' aren't spiteful, then there shouldn't be too many hurdles in the way of a win-win solution.

The EU needs us as much as we need them, but they won't want to encourage potential exiters from the remaining 27. The EU has some serious problems of it's own making and in going down the increasingly neo-liberal big-business road, I suspect it will have some more.

But the real challenge to us and the EU, will come from the other parties to the 'they' and by that, I mean the US and the 1%ers. We've two-fingered the new world order somewhat and they will not like this at all. So if common sense abounds, we will get through this. If not, then if the fifth richest economy can't prosper outside the club, well we are all doomed to an unhealthy Orwellian existence.

Only problem is; common sense is neither common and often, that which purports to be it is in fact, nonsense!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:46 - Jul 1 with 2031 viewsstevec

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:24 - Jul 1 by DannytheR

Danny it's just occurred to me, if I'm a Little Englander then you're a Little Londoner.

How insular can you get?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:09 - Jul 1 with 2004 viewsvblockranger

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:46 - Jul 1 by stevec

Danny it's just occurred to me, if I'm a Little Englander then you're a Little Londoner.

How insular can you get?

Little Londoner led by Sadiq Khan who is looking to devolve London from the UK. Amazing times we are living in! . Gove just gave great speech too.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:10 - Jul 1 with 2001 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

How insular can you get?

How do Veebs? Nice to see you out and about on the interwebs again.

The pro EU Londoners really don't get what's happening around them and seem to vehemently resent having the shitty end of the being thrust into their gaze, let alone the vague possibility of having to handle it.

Times are a changing and my only regret is I won't be around much longer to see us make a fairer, more successful and united country. A pipe dream maybe to some, but a good one nontheless to take with me.

Peace and unity all, peace and unity.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:21 - Jul 1 with 1977 viewsDannytheR

How insular can you get?

Works for me Steve. I'll take the continued links with Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Stockholm, Rome and Barcelona.

You can have Bury and Kettering.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:29 - Jul 1 with 1957 viewsDannytheR

Letter in the FT this morning (not from me!):

Sir, Roula Khalaf has the story roughly right but she’s missed the most injured demographic (“Post-referendum mourning and the millennial vote”, Notebook June 30). It’s us on Facebook posting memes about Little Britain and Pooh and Piglet. We are the 48 – years old as well as per cent.

We have small houses and large mortgages. We went to raves and we stopped fighting at football matches. We got very drunk one night in 1997 then felt betrayed because of Iraq. We like being European and we understand the world is interconnected and complicated. We thought everyone knew that the headlines about Brussels Being Bananas were just jokes. We didn’t realise anyone took The Sun seriously. We can follow an argument and spot a lie. We have friends in other countries and we’re embarrassed. We feel completely disconnected from half our neighbours and felt the need to apologise in person to our Polish friends at the school gate. We’ve explained to our kids that grandad isn’t really a racist and that we’ll still be allowed to go camping in France.

We are lecturers, nurses, systems analysts and engineers. We are the civil service. We run small businesses. We work for large, foreign-owned companies. We aren’t in charge but we are the backbone of the country. We didn’t go to Eton. We are grown-ups. We can’t leave because our kids are at school and our parents are getting old. We wish that we were Scottish, or Irish. We didn’t prepare ourselves for this because we didn’t believe it could possibly happen.

We’d really like an electable opposition. We want a plan B, a climbdown, a compromise. We want common sense to come back into fashion. We are reduced to posting on Facebook because we haven’t worked out what to do yet. We will. We want our country back.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:39 - Jul 1 with 1931 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:25 - Jul 1 by rsonist

In fairness the Dutch PM has also suggested a delay to Article 50... purely because "England has collapsed politically, monetarily, constitutionally and economically". Quite.

No exaggeration there then!!

Nothing, other than people who know very little about the true nature of money and economics getting themselves all worked up on the ever fluctuating results of the world's biggest professional gamblers and economic manipulators.

The 'collapse' of the political system is, if everyone would stop bitching and think about positive possibilities however remote, an opportunity to alter the status quo that had the continuation of the establishment led austerity which has dominated us for several years and was looking as though it would be unchallenged for a long while yet.

Are my fellow left leaners really trying to tell me that a vote to continue as we were was going to serve anything you believed in politically? A majority Tory government with four years left for George to really show us what austerity, the selling off anything left publicly owned, slashing of benefits and the continued race to the bottom for the working man. Why so upset that that has not been allowed to carry on?

Let's try and take advantage of this brief period of transition and not just sink into fear filled, helpless resignation.
Also please explain with any links why you think the EU is the friend of the working man and was going to protect us against 'them'. My research over the years has shown me differently, I would genuinely like to know how and why people think as they do.

Love and peace
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:47 - Jul 1 with 1913 viewspaulparker

give it up Danny , your sounding very bitter mate , telling Rangers fans to support other clubs because they have a different opinion is a bit sad
no one is giving it the biggun on here , people voted out, its a democracy and the majority won so lets get on with it , if you take the vote for what it is most of England voted out by a landslide
yes there will be uncertainty but in time this could be a good thing
I don't agree with you politically and never will but I don't mind you as a poster I actually find myself agreeing with you on football matters , I think all of us should save the bickering until the season starts

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024