Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146189 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:22 - Jun 25 with 2313 viewsTheBlob

The markets are already recovering.There are some great export opportunities out there with the low Pound - won't always be thus.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:34 - Jun 25 with 2293 viewsBrightonhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 07:17 - Jun 25 by Lblock

Point taken, noted and accepted -- apology extended.

For the record I'm not anti leftist at all and, (I really hate this expression bit I'm going to use it), "some of my best friends are lefties"!!!
In fact I'd actually encourage left wing views as without them we'd actually be in a facist dictatorship (like the EU!!!).

Apologies again for any offence. I'm becoming increasingly belligerent when almost drunk these days; it's a lesson to go the whole hog and actually get drunk!!!

No worries LBlock, thought it was out of character and might have been 'influenced' by the Cobnas. I'm guilty of worse crimes myself.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:52 - Jun 25 with 2267 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:07 - Jun 25 by DannytheR

https://anewnatureblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/25/the-eu-referendum-turkeys-have-v

Puts it better than I could.

As does this: http://tomewing.tumblr.com/post/146420642411/obsolete-units-surrounded-by-hail

Maybe we should just meet back up here in a couple of years and see which one of us is right. Be a shame if it's me.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 10:15]

Well you've ignored my questions and your original subject matter Danny but never mind.

I've read the blog you posted and if you've read anything I've posted pre and post the vote you'll know that I agree totally with the sentiments about neoliberal thinking (as an aside I might note that you are quite happy to use the pronouncements of the core institutions of neoliberal control when it suits you as per your original post this morning).

I have consistently stated that I am not remotely interested in pretending that the likes of Boris and Gove are suddenly on the side of the little man. As you will be well aware Danny the neoliberal movement wouldn't be as naive and neglectful as to allow such an important vote to occur without making sure that they had a foot/leader in both camps. That sort of operating is as old as democracy itself and all part of the reason why it's mostly such an illusion.

So your blogger quite rightly states that these people who feel they've 'got their country back' are about to be led down the garden path by people who hold exactly the same ideology as Dave and George and continue the policies or squeezing the poorer masses to enable the ongoing wealth grab. I have said all of that BEFORE the vote, all of it.

BUT, as I've also said in posts since the vote, whichever way we voted our PM and government would still have been following such a route.

Our only chance at getting the sort of changes that you, I, your blogger mate and the disenfranchised masses, that you are currently so frustrated with, want is to keep moving forward against the all powerful neoliberals and their institutions.

There is, however temporary it may be, a current surge, an excitement, a hope of what is possible. As usual the neolibs have their plans in place to keep their agenda flowing smoothly. So how are you/we going to try and abate their plans?

Is it by sitting around telling everyone how sh1t everything is now going to be because we've voted for one Bullingdon Boy neoliberal over another? (You and your blogger mate are, not entirely inaccurately, condemning the outers for voting for more of the same and yet surely your IN vote was doing just that also?)

Or is it by looking at the huge and vital similarities and desires that you have with those outers (it would help if you could get the image of the hateful racist stereotype out of your head and think of all the average people who are just concerned by the years of fiscal decline and the obvious situation of being utterly ignored politically)?

We need to all work together, work through our differences, focus on core shared beliefs and view points particularly the ones that involve real scrutiny of the institutions that are the bedrock of the furthering of the neoliberal cause and the expansion of the power of global financial and corporate institutions.

For starters how can we find ways to make our politicians far more accountable? How can we see working class needs and values being truly represented so as not to leave them with feeling that the desperate option of far right politics is the only way to be heard? How can we hope to have people to vote for in the inevitable election that are not just puppet yes people to the neoliberal controlled main parties?

I don't have all/any of the answers but we need every decent person like yourself to try, who knows what could happen if we actually make an effort. 'They' rely on us not doing so and hope that we keep focused on our petty differences, bitterness and separation.

What other chances are there really of the changes we all want? Don't sit around pretending that voting for Dave and George and the handing over of certain powers to an organisation that I could most kindly describe as 'not particularly democratic' would have solved all our ills. It was the incumbent system that had led to them.

In peace as always.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 11:08]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:59 - Jun 25 with 2257 viewsLblock

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 09:42 - Jun 25 by DannytheR

EU referendum: Moody's cut UK's credit outlook to 'negative'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36626201

Going well so far.

Why do I get the feeling you'll continue to rejoice in any failures, negativity or bad news that the largely negative "coz it's news" media roll out?

Our two year path to exit starts now
Can we not look to a more positive stronger GB (in whatever iteration that may be)?
Do you really think the EU will exist in two years in it's current format? I certainly dont and I'm sensing a groundswell on mainland Europe of people who think this experiment is going up in smoke

Anyway... thank God there's footy back on the TV today.
I've said my bit on this thread. Over and out

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:00 - Jun 25 with 2257 views1BobbyHazell

https://anewnatureblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/25/the-eu-referendum-turkeys-have-v

As does this: http://tomewing.tumblr.com/post/146420642411/obsolete-units-surrounded-by-hail

Maybe we should just meet back up here in a couple of years and see which one of us is right. Be a shame if it's me.

I've just seen that you have added an extra blog and also a rather disappointing 'let's meet up in 2 years and see who was right'.

As I put up before are you really claiming that voting to keep things EXACTLY AS THEY WERE was going to magically cause 'the man' to take his boot off the neck of the people? Of course not, the post 2008 years have seen the biggest wealth grab in history by the world's tiny elite whilst they and their global institutions and organisations have manipulated us all into austerity scenarios. And you can't understand (are angry in fact) that people didn't vote to retain that status quo.

You're better than that Danny. Do your bit, whatever that is, because that is what it takes for change. As you well know, a cross in a box every 5 years has very little effect on its own.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 11:05]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:03 - Jun 25 with 2255 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:22 - Jun 25 by TheBlob

The markets are already recovering.There are some great export opportunities out there with the low Pound - won't always be thus.

Not a law has been changed, not a politicain removed and all these (mostly left leaning) posters proclaiming doom based on THE GAMBLING OF THE WORLDS PROFESSIONAL FINANCIAL LEECHES. People who make an obscene living by providing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of value to the planet but spend each day creaming off the top of the world's creativity, productivity and labour by moving numbers around a computer screen.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:08 - Jun 25 with 2245 viewspastieR

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2016/jun/24/divided-britain-br
got article & video, sadly I feel those without will be even worse off, with a right wing government free to do as they want
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:18 - Jun 25 with 2226 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:03 - Jun 25 by 1BobbyHazell

Not a law has been changed, not a politicain removed and all these (mostly left leaning) posters proclaiming doom based on THE GAMBLING OF THE WORLDS PROFESSIONAL FINANCIAL LEECHES. People who make an obscene living by providing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of value to the planet but spend each day creaming off the top of the world's creativity, productivity and labour by moving numbers around a computer screen.

There was a brief fear that the "powers that be" would deliberately crash the market in a told-you-so fit of pique.The property market in London(high end) could still get a 20% haircut.
The monied in Europe were buying up gold pre Brexit and has now zoomed to £1000 an ounce,somebody saw things coming.
It's gratifying that we've given a slap to the purveyors of agenda-ism and the one world government.
But they'll be back.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:24 - Jun 25 with 2212 viewsDannytheR

Bobby mate: I’m done. I’m just talking about the football from now on. My side lost the vote. You lads have the control now. Have at it. Just remember, whatever happens now, the EU can’t be blamed for it anymore. We’re Out. Over to you.

I saw someone on here going on about his Dad and how those of us on the left couldn’t be trusted in a war. Classy. Well, I like to think I’d fight for what I believe, and my Dad taught me to take responsibility for myself. So no more excuses from your side and no more endless little girl internet whining.

We’ve talked enough about all this for you to realise where I’m coming from. Let me know when the day of the glorious revolution arrives, I’ll bring sarnies and you can pass me a Molotov cocktail. In the meantime, all these better hospitals and schools we’re going to get, a fairer society and more chances for clever kids from poor backgrounds, all that stuff - brilliant. Can’t wait. Let me know when it’s starting.

Like we said, I’ve been outvoted. I can’t do much now apart from seeing how this all unfolds and for the record’s sake checking back on this thread at some point in the future. So I’ll just say a couple more things and see how they look with hindsight:

1. In my opinion, as a "lefty," yes but also just a fairly normal bloke who never did get that invite to the branch meeting of the political elite - we are fked. Totally, utterly fked.

2. For the record, NOT aimed at you but at plenty of others who you’re now politically in bed with: you know, if you often find your opinions get you called a racist and you think that makes you more of a victim than people who are on the receiving end of racism, then yes - you probably are a racist. At least admit it to yourself.

Other than that, for all sorts of reasons this feels a good moment to get back into the real world.

Peace.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:32 - Jun 25 with 2196 views1BobbyHazell

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:24 - Jun 25 by DannytheR

Bobby mate: I’m done. I’m just talking about the football from now on. My side lost the vote. You lads have the control now. Have at it. Just remember, whatever happens now, the EU can’t be blamed for it anymore. We’re Out. Over to you.

I saw someone on here going on about his Dad and how those of us on the left couldn’t be trusted in a war. Classy. Well, I like to think I’d fight for what I believe, and my Dad taught me to take responsibility for myself. So no more excuses from your side and no more endless little girl internet whining.

We’ve talked enough about all this for you to realise where I’m coming from. Let me know when the day of the glorious revolution arrives, I’ll bring sarnies and you can pass me a Molotov cocktail. In the meantime, all these better hospitals and schools we’re going to get, a fairer society and more chances for clever kids from poor backgrounds, all that stuff - brilliant. Can’t wait. Let me know when it’s starting.

Like we said, I’ve been outvoted. I can’t do much now apart from seeing how this all unfolds and for the record’s sake checking back on this thread at some point in the future. So I’ll just say a couple more things and see how they look with hindsight:

1. In my opinion, as a "lefty," yes but also just a fairly normal bloke who never did get that invite to the branch meeting of the political elite - we are fked. Totally, utterly fked.

2. For the record, NOT aimed at you but at plenty of others who you’re now politically in bed with: you know, if you often find your opinions get you called a racist and you think that makes you more of a victim than people who are on the receiving end of racism, then yes - you probably are a racist. At least admit it to yourself.

Other than that, for all sorts of reasons this feels a good moment to get back into the real world.

Peace.

Well you feel how you feel Danny. But you're not being remotely reasonable. You haven't addressed my point that voting for Dave and George wouldn't have changed all these things for the better. You're also just Giving Up on something where as I'm trying to explain that whichever way we voted we would all have to do more if we wanted good things to occur. If you and people like you want to just wipe your hands and go f*** it and be bitter fair enough but I can promise you that the very people, organisations and institutions that you would like to see change will be glad of your apathy and bitterness. It's a shame but we will never get the changes we want while people respond like you have. I do appreciate your response, imagine having the political outlook I have and watching people vote every 5 years thinking they're going to make a lot of difference. We have to try. Because if we don't it's over.

Love and peace to you
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:07 - Jun 25 with 2147 viewsessextaxiboy

IMO thats this thread done.

A virtual handshake between both camps .

Lets see what happens , hopefully we will all find a way through .

I wont be posting anymore on Europe until there is a new PM and negotiations are underway .

I have really enjoyed it and have respect for everyones sincerely held views.

U RRRRRS

ETB
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 12:09]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:37 - Jun 25 with 2093 viewsQPR_Jim

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:07 - Jun 25 by essextaxiboy

IMO thats this thread done.

A virtual handshake between both camps .

Lets see what happens , hopefully we will all find a way through .

I wont be posting anymore on Europe until there is a new PM and negotiations are underway .

I have really enjoyed it and have respect for everyones sincerely held views.

U RRRRRS

ETB
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 12:09]

Agreed. We need respect the democratic will of the people, take some time and see what happens with the new PM and negotiations with EU.

I personally hope there will be another general election where the parties outline their view of the UK outside of the EU and allow the people a say on where we go from here and how we handle this. But as above we'll have to wait and see how this works out.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:52 - Jun 25 with 2052 viewsQPR_John

Bit of a mathematician myself and wonder why he made it so complicated. A percentage of that which was a percentage of that etc etc. Guess he tried to make himself look clever arriving at 26.7% when all he had to do was calculate 17410742 (the votes cast for leave)/65000000 (his figure for the population)

17410742/65000000 = 0.2678575692

Of course what he did not say was that only 24.8% of the population voted to remain. Guess it is a case of if you did not vote you agree with me.

I suppose he was trying to make a point by including the whole population rather than those eligible to vote but how far do you go

"Obviously the 19% of the population under 15 didn’t get to vote in the Referendum, even though it was their future being decided. "

My 5 and a half year old granddaughter and me had many a fruitful debate agonising over the referendum
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 13:00]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:07 - Jun 25 with 2022 viewspastieR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:52 - Jun 25 by QPR_John

Bit of a mathematician myself and wonder why he made it so complicated. A percentage of that which was a percentage of that etc etc. Guess he tried to make himself look clever arriving at 26.7% when all he had to do was calculate 17410742 (the votes cast for leave)/65000000 (his figure for the population)

17410742/65000000 = 0.2678575692

Of course what he did not say was that only 24.8% of the population voted to remain. Guess it is a case of if you did not vote you agree with me.

I suppose he was trying to make a point by including the whole population rather than those eligible to vote but how far do you go

"Obviously the 19% of the population under 15 didn’t get to vote in the Referendum, even though it was their future being decided. "

My 5 and a half year old granddaughter and me had many a fruitful debate agonising over the referendum
[Post edited 25 Jun 2016 13:00]

haven't read it all, but maybe his thought was the majority of those who couldn't vote were the young and in favour of the EU
the generation that had it all - cheap housing, jobs for life, final salary pensions has decided their future, I just hope they're right
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:28 - Jun 25 with 1991 viewslondonscottish

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:59 - Jun 25 by Lblock

Why do I get the feeling you'll continue to rejoice in any failures, negativity or bad news that the largely negative "coz it's news" media roll out?

Our two year path to exit starts now
Can we not look to a more positive stronger GB (in whatever iteration that may be)?
Do you really think the EU will exist in two years in it's current format? I certainly dont and I'm sensing a groundswell on mainland Europe of people who think this experiment is going up in smoke

Anyway... thank God there's footy back on the TV today.
I've said my bit on this thread. Over and out

Not rejoicing, mate, not one bit.

I had the same conversation over and over again with supporters of the Yes vote in Scottland. At the time my view was a that a Yes vote would definitely lead to financial meltdown whilst theirs was that the risk was worth it in that it might make for a better Scotland. In retrospect it would have meant 20 years of austerity for Scotland thanks to the collapse in the price of oil.

To me this is the same discussion but on a much larger scale. I was too young really understand the economic horrors of the 70's but got repeatedly kicked in the nuts in the early 90's (redundancy) and again in 2008 (hung on by a thread). Now it's all happening all over again.

I totally get the reason why people voted for Brexit, I'm just horrified by the immediate carnage.

Anyway. I'll stop posting now as I'm only going to wind myself and others up and the vote is what it is.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:39 - Jun 25 with 1980 viewsstumbleandfall

Woke up Friday and I though a young UKIPer would be knocking at the door to remove those mythical German shackles. Very disappointed I was.

It's interesting that people are saying that this is over. It's not really, it's just beginning. A massively disenfranchised youth, break up of the union, a successful neo-con coup.

The fudge that is coming is going to be comical. We voted out, but will keep all the things we voted out for.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:48 - Jun 25 with 1966 viewsRs_Holy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 10:34 - Jun 25 by Brightonhoop

No worries LBlock, thought it was out of character and might have been 'influenced' by the Cobnas. I'm guilty of worse crimes myself.

On reflection...
The dust is settling and I've had time to fully take in the magnitude of Thursday's vote.
My first emotion on Friday was one of sadness. Sadness that it didn't work out in the EU? As a concept it was a good one and there is no doubt that parts of the United Kingdom has benefitted greatly from immigration of EU residents.
But the EU is flawed, undemocratic, aloof, arrogant. The EU's inflexibility to treat individual nations needs is its big downfall. You simply cannot have the same economic model for Spain , Portugal, Greece, Germany and the UK. It just will not work.
If Brussels had indicated a willingness to reform, my vote would have been different! That IMHO was the difference between staying and going.
So how do I feel now... Well I'm probably more sad to be honest. I think economically we will be ok. We have faced worse in the past and have got through, but there are other issues which do not sit well with me.
I totally underestimated the desire of young people to stay in. I have heard many passionate young adults since the vote have their say. They feel that a huge opportunity has been taken away from them. They think our nation is turning its back on our neighbours. Some feel ashamed to call themselves British... This makes me feel very emotional. They are our future.
I work with quite a few EU immigrants. Hard working, highly skilled, highly motivated individuals who have taken a decision to relocate to a different country and try to better themselves. One chap from Poland is the most highly skilled engineer I have ever worked with. He has been here 10 years, has a lovely wife and 2 beautiful kids. A couple of years ago he bought a house. On Friday he said his wife was worried sick and although he has never been made to feel unwelcome, the Brexit vote deep down has made him feel less welcome in the UK. This also makes me feel emotional. We need them and they need us.
The break up of the United Kingdom is now going to happen. The Scots obviously feel let down by the English. The Northern Irish maybe more so. Again very sad.
I do look at the IN campaign and think they got their message totally wrong. Where were the young adults/hard working immigrants representing them in their debates and battle buses? Instead we had to listen to the likes of Kinnock, Geldof, Izzard and Tony bloody Blair. what a shower!
Osbornes ever worsening predictions became almost laughable. Interventions by high profile overseas leaders just got everyones backs up.
If they would have got there message across better the IN crowd would have won.
This referendum has unearthed huge divisions in our country. Massive challenges lay ahead, there will be a lot of hard work to do.
So do I regret voting out? What have we gained from this decision?
For me the most important thing is we now have proper democracy and accountability, the bedrock on which any civilised nation must depend on. Decisions will be made and judged by the people in the future.
Immigration must still be embraced. The right immigrants must feel that nothing has changed and this is a country that will not discriminate.
The young need a voice in a world dominated by us old folks. Their opinions are just as important and valid as anyone's.
The disenfranchised need to feel part of a country who's values are tolerance, co-operation, and hard work.
This has been a bruising encounter but we must learn from this experience. The EU has to take a long hard look at itself and the way it conducts it's business but we also need to do the same.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:17 - Jun 25 with 1920 viewspastieR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:48 - Jun 25 by Rs_Holy

On reflection...
The dust is settling and I've had time to fully take in the magnitude of Thursday's vote.
My first emotion on Friday was one of sadness. Sadness that it didn't work out in the EU? As a concept it was a good one and there is no doubt that parts of the United Kingdom has benefitted greatly from immigration of EU residents.
But the EU is flawed, undemocratic, aloof, arrogant. The EU's inflexibility to treat individual nations needs is its big downfall. You simply cannot have the same economic model for Spain , Portugal, Greece, Germany and the UK. It just will not work.
If Brussels had indicated a willingness to reform, my vote would have been different! That IMHO was the difference between staying and going.
So how do I feel now... Well I'm probably more sad to be honest. I think economically we will be ok. We have faced worse in the past and have got through, but there are other issues which do not sit well with me.
I totally underestimated the desire of young people to stay in. I have heard many passionate young adults since the vote have their say. They feel that a huge opportunity has been taken away from them. They think our nation is turning its back on our neighbours. Some feel ashamed to call themselves British... This makes me feel very emotional. They are our future.
I work with quite a few EU immigrants. Hard working, highly skilled, highly motivated individuals who have taken a decision to relocate to a different country and try to better themselves. One chap from Poland is the most highly skilled engineer I have ever worked with. He has been here 10 years, has a lovely wife and 2 beautiful kids. A couple of years ago he bought a house. On Friday he said his wife was worried sick and although he has never been made to feel unwelcome, the Brexit vote deep down has made him feel less welcome in the UK. This also makes me feel emotional. We need them and they need us.
The break up of the United Kingdom is now going to happen. The Scots obviously feel let down by the English. The Northern Irish maybe more so. Again very sad.
I do look at the IN campaign and think they got their message totally wrong. Where were the young adults/hard working immigrants representing them in their debates and battle buses? Instead we had to listen to the likes of Kinnock, Geldof, Izzard and Tony bloody Blair. what a shower!
Osbornes ever worsening predictions became almost laughable. Interventions by high profile overseas leaders just got everyones backs up.
This referendum has unearthed huge divisions in our country. Massive challenges lay ahead, there will be a lot of hard work to do.
For me the most important thing is we now have proper democracy and accountability, the bedrock on which any civilised nation must depend on. Decisions will be made and judged by the people in the future.
Immigration must still be embraced. The right immigrants must feel that nothing has changed and this is a country that will not discriminate.
The young need a voice in a world dominated by us old folks. Their opinions are just as important and valid as anyone's.
The disenfranchised need to feel part of a country who's values are tolerance, co-operation, and hard work.
This has been a bruising encounter but we must learn from this experience. The EU has to take a long hard look at itself and the way it conducts it's business but we also need to do the same.

not staying the bureaucrats in the EU shouldn't be ashamed, but to say we're going to have more democracy is nonsense (not that i'm anti the house of lords)

Here's a Trivial Pursuit question with an answer that isn't at all trivial. Which two nations still reserve places in their parliaments for unelected religious clerics, who then get an automatic say in writing the laws the country's citizens must obey? The answer is Iran... and Britain.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-get-bis
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:18 - Jun 25 with 1913 viewsjohncharles

It has been a bruising battle and had hoped that we could have stayed in the EU but I am gladdened by the fact that now the NHS will £350 million a week better off,
When does it start ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:29 - Jun 25 with 1890 viewsTacticalR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:17 - Jun 25 by pastieR

not staying the bureaucrats in the EU shouldn't be ashamed, but to say we're going to have more democracy is nonsense (not that i'm anti the house of lords)

Here's a Trivial Pursuit question with an answer that isn't at all trivial. Which two nations still reserve places in their parliaments for unelected religious clerics, who then get an automatic say in writing the laws the country's citizens must obey? The answer is Iran... and Britain.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-get-bis

As was pointed out in the FT last year, the only bigger assembly in the world than the House of Lords is the People's Congress of China

'The new arrivals will take the upper house to about 830 members, further expanding the second-biggest legislative chamber in the world – surpassed only by the 2,987 of the National People’s Congress in China'
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5dd28b26-4c13-11e5-9b5d-89a026fda5c9.html

Air hostess clique

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:44 - Jun 25 with 2374 viewsMedwayR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:48 - Jun 25 by Rs_Holy

On reflection...

This sums up very well how I feel. If a reformed eu was an option that would've won by a distance, instead we had a straight choice when life is very rarely that black & white. The reaction so far from some within the eu shows that they are unwilling to acknowledge their faults, that they don't always know best and shouldn't dictate to others as though they do know best. I think we can prosper outside of the eu and can develop a partnership with the eu which is mutually beneficial, I don't see why it needs to be so gloom & doom and/or hostile. Scotland will no doubt get independence from the uk & I wish them all the best if that does happen, NI (and Gibraltar) will be very interesting and unfortunately could get messy. Some of the reaction has been disappointing, I don't enjoy my country & Europeans having to go through yet more uncertainty but my vote was against the eu not against Europe or Europeans and it is a vote I stand by and believe was correct, I also respect that others will disagree. The debate from the public has far exceeded the politicians & media in terms of intelligence, respect & acknowledging the pros & cons of the eu. Both campaigns got it wrong in one way or another & were largely ignored in my opinion, if the eu is so brilliant the remain campaign could've easily shown why but instead decided to use scare tactics, while the leave campaign sought to divide/anger people rather than demonstrate a plan for a better future. We currently have a lot of division but time will heal these wounds and we can get on with our lives, hopefully with a bright future.

Poll: Who’s better?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:29 - Jun 25 with 2321 viewsloftboy

I was told by a young girl on twitter today that those that voted remain "know more than those who voted leave " when I mentioned she was being condescending she said "well you were born in1967 I expected you to vote out" kids these days really do think they know it all.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:47 - Jun 25 with 2299 viewspastieR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:29 - Jun 25 by loftboy

I was told by a young girl on twitter today that those that voted remain "know more than those who voted leave " when I mentioned she was being condescending she said "well you were born in1967 I expected you to vote out" kids these days really do think they know it all.

nope, but I expect they're pretty pissed off that the older generation that had it all,
have taken another decision that they don't agree with and believe will make their lives a lot worse
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:12 - Jun 25 with 2262 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I was in the a shop in West Cork this morning and the cashier asked the English couple in front of me if they wanted their bags packed.

Fugg me I thought, thats happened quicker than i expected!.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:27 - Jun 25 with 2236 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 16:12 - Jun 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I was in the a shop in West Cork this morning and the cashier asked the English couple in front of me if they wanted their bags packed.

Fugg me I thought, thats happened quicker than i expected!.

Brian out of curiosity were in West Cork my wife comes from there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024