Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146167 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:36 - Jun 27 with 1838 viewsbob566

sorry but I don't have the time to read all thirty pages but I caught the end of something on irish radio saying that the French want to move the immigrant camps to kent or something like that now that you are out of the EU. Is that right. Can they do that. They don't want to take on all those immigrants that they have currently in Calais. So what happens there. Do the French put them all on the Eurostar and they get off at the uk exit and start makeshift camps there.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:47 - Jun 27 with 1830 viewsloftboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:12 - Jun 27 by PlanetHonneywood

But only a third of 18-24 year olds voted.

1/3 voted and 25% of that 1/3 votes to leave. All irrelevant mind, they can whinge and whine as much as they want the vote has taken place, a result to leave has democratically been counted. You cant twist figures and have a new vote excluding people you think would vote leave IE pensioners just to vet the result you wanted.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:48 - Jun 27 with 1828 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:36 - Jun 27 by bob566

sorry but I don't have the time to read all thirty pages but I caught the end of something on irish radio saying that the French want to move the immigrant camps to kent or something like that now that you are out of the EU. Is that right. Can they do that. They don't want to take on all those immigrants that they have currently in Calais. So what happens there. Do the French put them all on the Eurostar and they get off at the uk exit and start makeshift camps there.

We haven't left yet.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:24 - Jun 27 with 1778 viewsstumbleandfall

There can be a second vote though if a party wins a Parliamentary mandate to do so.

Personally I hope not. It's clear the British people have an uneasy relationship with Europe, it's best for us and them if remove ourselves from the union.

I just hope that any negotiations are put to the people again so put this nonsense to bed for generations. That way an agreement all sides can endorse will be made. If not I could easily see an anti-leave alliance winning the next FPTP election.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:31 - Jun 27 with 1764 viewsbob566

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:48 - Jun 27 by Mytch_QPR

We haven't left yet.

you know what I meant. With a view to going can France just start letting them through now.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:34 - Jun 27 with 1752 viewsBasingstokeR

Le Trouquet Agreement is bi-lateral between UK and France, it's not a simple done deal but support and pressure on the French government to end it will likely grow and grow now. Even if that meant French ports were busier with people trying to get onto UK soil more easily.

Imagining this reversed and I believe a majority of UK population would support similar.

Then there's the NI/Republic Border...
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:37 - Jun 27 with 1738 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:31 - Jun 27 by bob566

you know what I meant. With a view to going can France just start letting them through now.

Sorry, Bob. I wasn't being flippant. As much as I am pro-Remain and it would be great to say 'told you so' and the like the answer is that nobody knows. It has been mentioned before, but the stock-in-trade reply of all the politicians for the next 2+ years will be 'it's all down to negotiation'.

As it stands, I believe that we have UK customs / border controls at Calais and other major ports and that would remain in place until it's all unravelled.

That said, I'm sure France would be delighted if it can move the problem elsewhere.

BTW, when I said we haven't left yet I have a strange feeling that we may not. This whole sorry saga has some legs yet.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:39 - Jun 27 with 1734 viewsE17hoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:24 - Jun 27 by stumbleandfall

There can be a second vote though if a party wins a Parliamentary mandate to do so.

Personally I hope not. It's clear the British people have an uneasy relationship with Europe, it's best for us and them if remove ourselves from the union.

I just hope that any negotiations are put to the people again so put this nonsense to bed for generations. That way an agreement all sides can endorse will be made. If not I could easily see an anti-leave alliance winning the next FPTP election.

If I could place a bet for a remain coalition govt to be in power by Autumn 2017 I'd be lamping on it now.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:39 - Jun 27 with 1729 viewsbob566

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:34 - Jun 27 by BasingstokeR

Le Trouquet Agreement is bi-lateral between UK and France, it's not a simple done deal but support and pressure on the French government to end it will likely grow and grow now. Even if that meant French ports were busier with people trying to get onto UK soil more easily.

Imagining this reversed and I believe a majority of UK population would support similar.

thanks Basinstoke.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:40 - Jun 27 with 1721 viewsDWQPR

In short, yes. I posted last week that this could be a likely outcome and lets face it, if you was the French Government and wanted to save a few quid, then once we are out of the EU, scrap the current agreement and let every 'refugee' currently waiting at Sangette travel freely across to the UK and lo and behold we will have holding camps littered across Kent and Sussex. And the rate of people wanting to get to the UK will increase as they would feel that they would have more of a chance of getting through. You've seen the pictures from the Daily Express proclaiming that our borders are not secure and showing illegal immigrants being caught in the back of lorries, well if the Express was to bother post Brexit, then you will see a much higher incidents of this happening.

Boris has said this morning that as far as free movement of peoples are concerned, nothing will change and that is true, especially if we want a totally free trade agreement with the EU, EU law will still dictate our goods and services post-Brexit if we want to sell them in the EU and the only likelihood that we will see a fall in immigration is because the UK economy starts to reverse and there is less jobs, oh and of course we cannot forget the vile threats against EU citizens that have started to happen.

And before anyone accuses me of being a soft lefty-liberal, tree hugging, ban the bomb well you obviously don't know me.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:41 - Jun 27 with 1719 viewsMedwayR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:34 - Jun 27 by BasingstokeR

If the French do scrap the agreement then Calais will most likely become flooded with immigrants on their way to the UK so they may be worse of than the currently are, it could be very short-sighted on their part. However I've never really understood why our government has been so hands off, in my opinion it's a joint UK-French issue/problem and we should be doing more to help the French which would also benefit us.

Poll: Who’s better?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:45 - Jun 27 with 1700 viewsToast_R

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:39 - Jun 27 by bob566

thanks Basinstoke.

Not necessarily. That's a lot of French jobs that will go in the wind just to satisfy the feelings of a few disgruntled Pro EU suits.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:07 - Jun 27 with 1657 viewsDWQPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:45 - Jun 27 by Toast_R

Not necessarily. That's a lot of French jobs that will go in the wind just to satisfy the feelings of a few disgruntled Pro EU suits.

Not at all, it is our border guards that operate in Calais.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:22 - Jun 27 with 1619 viewsToast_R

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:07 - Jun 27 by DWQPR

Not at all, it is our border guards that operate in Calais.

So what's the issue then?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:28 - Jun 27 with 1603 viewsBasingstokeR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:45 - Jun 27 by Toast_R

I think we've quite clearly seen people are willing to risk loss of jobs to satisfy dsisgruntlement!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:33 - Jun 27 with 1574 viewsToast_R

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:28 - Jun 27 by BasingstokeR

I think we've quite clearly seen people are willing to risk loss of jobs to satisfy dsisgruntlement!

Which is why many voted to leave the EU, a handful of unelected people making decisions on behalf of the population of a continent.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:35 - Jun 27 with 1569 viewslondonscottish

We haven't left yet.

We haven't left the EU yet but £900bn has left the nation's pension fund.

#thisisgoingtohurtalot
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 13:49]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:02 - Jun 27 with 2031 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:35 - Jun 27 by londonscottish

We haven't left the EU yet but £900bn has left the nation's pension fund.

#thisisgoingtohurtalot
[Post edited 27 Jun 2016 13:49]

Trying to look on the bright side, this whole fiasco has created some wonderful ironies:

Older voters thought they might see higher interest rates for their savings - now talk of 0% base rate.

Brexit Voters thought the NHS would have £350m a week: Uh, nope.

Brexit Voters thought they would be able to control immigration - not if the French leave the doors open at Calais, and also probably not if we stay in the single market.

Many people thought that the Tories would tear themselves apart - they probably will, but currently Labour have taken the lead on this one.

Some people thought that Boris had a plan...

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:04 - Jun 27 with 2016 viewsjohncharles

Something I've banging on about for weeks. Leaving the EU will make immigration worse.

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:13 - Jun 27 with 1996 viewsjohncharles

We haven't left yet.

We might not have left yet but the EU might decide for us. When asked about Boris' scheme of continuing the trading part but stop the immigration a spokes man Chacellor Merkle said ..NO !
He added that they weren't prepared to wait until October to start negotiations.

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:14 - Jun 27 with 1994 viewsfrancisbowles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:04 - Jun 27 by johncharles

Something I've banging on about for weeks. Leaving the EU will make immigration worse.

So we close the eurostar then!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:19 - Jun 27 with 1982 viewsMytch_QPR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:13 - Jun 27 by johncharles

We might not have left yet but the EU might decide for us. When asked about Boris' scheme of continuing the trading part but stop the immigration a spokes man Chacellor Merkle said ..NO !
He added that they weren't prepared to wait until October to start negotiations.

They're fed up with us - we've always tried to be half in / half out (Hokey Cokey stylee) and they've lost patience with it all.

Brilliant post earlier on how Cameron has handed the poisoned chalice to Boris / Gove / May etc - they'll be the ones to trigger A50 and start the mega sh*tstorm. No wonder Boris is saying there's no rush!

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:32 - Jun 27 with 1955 viewshoof_hearted

Well if we have no houses or jobs and we've stopped giving benefits and health care away to all and sundry the queue of people trying to get into the country will be non-existent. Or at the German border more likely. We'll be happy and Calais will be happy.

Conclusion: High unemployment and a chronic housing shortage = happiness. Hmmmmm. I may have to examine my workings again.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:33 - Jun 27 with 1952 viewslondonscottish

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:02 - Jun 27 by Mytch_QPR

Trying to look on the bright side, this whole fiasco has created some wonderful ironies:

Older voters thought they might see higher interest rates for their savings - now talk of 0% base rate.

Brexit Voters thought the NHS would have £350m a week: Uh, nope.

Brexit Voters thought they would be able to control immigration - not if the French leave the doors open at Calais, and also probably not if we stay in the single market.

Many people thought that the Tories would tear themselves apart - they probably will, but currently Labour have taken the lead on this one.

Some people thought that Boris had a plan...

Brexit voters in the north hated austerity but will now get scorched earth.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:38 - Jun 27 with 1942 viewshoof_hearted

Just seen Angela Eagles resignation interview.

If Corbyn is fighting or ignoring loyal people like her then he has truly lost the plot.

He must be hoping for a long hot summer of civil unrest and the start of the revolution, the deluded knt that he is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024