Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 146199 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:33 - Jun 24 with 2491 viewsDannytheR

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:16 - Jun 24 by paulparker

Danny , can I remind you of the this poster

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/683636c042846c88af20034d01cdb424d57d7911/354_0_35

Reading your post , I assume that you are targeting all voters who wanted out as people who hate immigration and immigrants ?
if so that's a very narrow minded view my friend

as Essex has said , lets see what happens first before we start getting our knickers in a twist with fear of radical right wing parties, immigrants being tossed into the channel and a economic meltdown that sees us all living in cardboard boxes

Yeah, it's a really fcking stupid poster. Stupid sentiment behind it, and I'm sure it also wound up far more people than it ever reached with whatever point it was trying to make.

The Remain campaign was a shambles, run by idiots. It seems to only be today, for instance, that areas where people heavily voted Out have discovered they only get by because of large amounts of EU money.

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/update/2016-06-24/cornwall-pleas-for-reassur

And no, I'm not saying all voters wanting Out hate immigrants. But I think some certainly do, if they're honest about it. And I think a lot are afraid of some combination of the immigrants themselves and what they think the effects of them being in the country will be - becoming second class citizens in their own country.

The sad thing is again most of the areas that voted Out most heavily don't actually as anywhere near as much immigration as we do in London. But they have been economically fked, abandoned by the Labour party and left to rot, and it's not like history isn't filled with stories of immigrants and foreigners being made scapegoats.

I do think you lot sometimes talk about that as if it's some kind of freakish thing that's never actually happens, when in fact huge parts of modern history are tied up with it, not least World War 2.

My knickers aren't that twisted. Certainly thinking about claiming a Scottish or Irish passport though.

And I just think it says something that on this momentous day of unlikely victory, so many of your team are all piling on here STILL fking raging about all the types of people they don't like, rather than enjoying the moment.

Like I said somewhere else, if it was football and someone scored the winner in the Cup final, then went straight over to the opposition fans, we'd think they were a right plum.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 14:35]
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:33 - Jun 24 with 2490 viewsloftboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:48 - Jun 24 by DannytheR

Look who you're surrounded by on this, Bobby. Look at so many of the people who argued for an Out vote other than yourself, both in the real world and on here. It's not a radical progressive society they're after. It's whatever group they don't like, luvvies or Romanians or uppity women MPs or people who went to university... or even in one case here Londoners... anyone who doesn't look like them or think like them, pushed to the margins or preferably off the white cliffs of Dover.

Fck it, the vote's done. Let's all at least be honest about what this is.

A vote can't be won on misinformation and hate, and then turned into progress. There is no window of opportunity here. Boris Johnson has already written his first speech as PM.

I do think there's something very radical coming down the line. I'm pretty certain it's not the kind of radical you or I would want.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 14:00]

I voted out, funnily enough my half German half indian girlfriend still loves me.I voted out because of the continual tightening grip Brussels was having on our laws,how many people are still in our prisons because our judges have been over ruled by EU legislation.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:35 - Jun 24 with 2484 viewsPommyhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:30 - Jun 24 by martincook

I'm one of those people Bobby's surrounded by, Danny, and I want what both of you want. I've tried to argue positively and rationally to add to the discussion without saying "Do this" or "Vote that". As you say, the vote's done. There's a simple football analogy here. It's always what happens next that matters, never what went before. You didn't win the ball and got dumped on your arse? You let a simple pass run under your foot and out of play because you were looking up for someone to pass it to when it arrived. You conceded to a header from the smallest bloke on the field because you misjudged the flight of the ball? In every case, you put the incident behind you, you get your head up and you show a bit of f'kin character. Bobby's got it right on this. Winners don't allow their mates' heads to go down, they stick together. Let's find ways to be positive and believe in ourselves - we deserve it. If you think there's something coming that isn't the kind of radical we want (and you could be right) let's identify it and do something together to sort it out. We know what happened last night but play is still going on and it's what we do next that matters.

Posts like these are what LFW is all about..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:58 - Jun 24 with 2402 viewsJigsore

can we talk about how Scotland leaving could well mean Conservative governments from now till the day we slip into the sea, which is probably sooner rather than later now

did anyone tell the majority of the North this could happen? All my local constituencies in Harrogate, Leeds and York voted remain but Hull was about 67% leave. Do they honestly think PM Boris or May is going to help them more than EU grants smh

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:58 - Jun 24 with 2402 viewsElHoop

F*cking hell wouldn't it piss them all off if we won the Euros now?

We never won anything when we were in the EU!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:04 - Jun 24 with 2385 viewslondonscottish

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:15 - Jun 24 by CiderwithRsie

Well, for those who said "we'll still be the 5th largest economy in the world" you've been proved wrong in less than 24 hours.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/france-overtakes-uk-as-fifth-largest-economy-as-po

That went well.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:13 - Jun 24 with 2357 viewshoof_hearted

So...

Boris becomes new PM. Boris then needs to call an election early next year to get a mandate from the electorate.

With the Conservatives moving slightly to the right Labour have to take the opportunity to grab back the centre ground. They can only do that by electing a new leader - but they will entrust the choice to the same people who dumped Corbyn on them. Corbyn stands again and gets re-elected as Labour leader. Or he can't get enough MP's to pretend they support him this time so another simpering, wet blanket gets chosen.

Result:- Boris is prime minister until 2027.

The "establishment" and "banksters" are worried alright. Worried they'll cause themselves internal injuries from laughing so much.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:14 - Jun 24 with 2352 viewsPinnerPaul

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:10 - Jun 24 by lave16

So what happens if Scotland vote for independance....
and there is a border poll in northern Ireland....
will England take a vote to remove Wales from the UK.... (which could at this stage only be England and Wales)
or will Wales take a vote for independance.... (leaving England being the UK)
and what will the Isle of Man do?

Can answer the last part - Isle of man (like the Channel Islands) are not part of the UK in any case.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:15 - Jun 24 with 2349 viewsPommyhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:58 - Jun 24 by ElHoop

F*cking hell wouldn't it piss them all off if we won the Euros now?

We never won anything when we were in the EU!

[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 15:21]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:23 - Jun 24 with 2308 viewsdaveB

Oh well at least we'll no longer be run by unelected officials in the EU, we'll be run by an unelected prime minister instead
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:23 - Jun 24 with 2308 viewsFloridaR

Don't understand why Sturgeon is calling for Independence when Scotland just voted to stay with the United Kingdom in Europe...

Surely she got it wrong like Cameron and should be stepping down as well ?

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:26 - Jun 24 with 2292 viewsjohncharles

Will Nissan stay in Sunderland now ? They've said more than once that they wanted it to be their European base. Not European any more.

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:30 - Jun 24 with 2280 viewslondonscottish

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:26 - Jun 24 by johncharles

Will Nissan stay in Sunderland now ? They've said more than once that they wanted it to be their European base. Not European any more.

Details, mate, details.

Look, if we lose what's left of the manufacturing base and massively scale back the financial services sector that's the price we have to pay.

After all, who needs tax revenues?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:31 - Jun 24 with 2276 viewsTHEBUSH

I'm one of the 48% and it was horrible waking up this morning to find we'd lost.

It's been quite insufferable today watching Boris and Farage gloating over their victory.

Don't know how I'm gonna get through, until our season begins, then hope we win our first few games or the suffering begins again
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:34 - Jun 24 with 2264 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:23 - Jun 24 by daveB

Oh well at least we'll no longer be run by unelected officials in the EU, we'll be run by an unelected prime minister instead

Just like Gordon Brown.

Well at least we get to keep what is left of our gold reserves.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 15:35]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:35 - Jun 24 with 2264 viewsrobith

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:27 - Jun 24 by paulparker

Who is angry Robith ?

from what I've read on here today its mostly people panicking & wanting apologies off the leavers if the country goes to the dogs
as Essex has said lets wait & see nothing is going to happen overnight , especially with the economy which is turbulent anyway , we were in the EU when the bust happened in 07 that never saved us
this is a vote by people who have been fed up the last 20 years , it was a vote for change and not being dictated to by politicians in brussells, time will tell if it was right or wrong

was meant to be a reply to stevec
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:36 - Jun 24 with 2265 viewslondonscottish

When the last bank leaves London can someone turn out the lights?

(and cancel all the hospital and school building plans).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-36561095

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:39 - Jun 24 with 2249 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:36 - Jun 24 by londonscottish

Strange how people are pro-bank all of a sudden.This is just the reverse of the Dead Cat Bounce,good time to get into Sterling* while prices are on the floor.

* monetary unit,not the shite footballer.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:42 - Jun 24 with 2224 viewslondonscottish

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:39 - Jun 24 by TheBlob

Strange how people are pro-bank all of a sudden.This is just the reverse of the Dead Cat Bounce,good time to get into Sterling* while prices are on the floor.

* monetary unit,not the shite footballer.

I've never been anti bank. They generate huge amounts of tax which we can distribute. The company I work for relies on their business so we'll be having redundancies within 12 months.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/britain-votes-for-brexit-banking-stocks-crash-as-m

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:43 - Jun 24 with 2222 viewsCiderwithRsie

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:14 - Jun 24 by PinnerPaul

Can answer the last part - Isle of man (like the Channel Islands) are not part of the UK in any case.

Indeed. The IoM is not part of either the EU or UK.

I think many of them aren't too keen on being part of the 21st century. Or the 20th, really.

(Apologies to DistortR. I know how they feel sometimes.)
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:44 - Jun 24 with 2644 viewsPinnerPaul

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:26 - Jun 24 by johncharles

I think they meant European as in geographically, we are still In Europe.

Bit like there was football before the PL, there was a Europe before the EU!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:44 - Jun 24 with 2644 viewsCiderwithRsie

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 14:22 - Jun 24 by 1BobbyHazell

I'm just on my way to the caff for a late lunch, will I need a wheelbarrow?

We're going to have a lot thrown at us starting now, stay strong Rosie and try not to be terrified or to glory in every headline you can get your hands on.

Peace
[Post edited 24 Jun 2016 14:24]

Fair enough. No wish to revel in bad news.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:47 - Jun 24 with 2633 viewsPinnerPaul

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:36 - Jun 24 by londonscottish

I was a remain but scare stories like this just continue the depressing tone of the referendum.

When you read what they actually said
Morgan Stanley today denied reports that it had begun the process of relocation: “The UK’s vote to leave the European Union is a very significant decision which will have a considerable impact, the extent of which will not be known for some time. There will be at least a period of two years before an actual exit takes place, so there will be time to implement any changes required to adjust our business to the new environment.

they are not exactly heading for the hills just yet!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:49 - Jun 24 with 2628 viewsPinnerPaul

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:43 - Jun 24 by CiderwithRsie

Indeed. The IoM is not part of either the EU or UK.

I think many of them aren't too keen on being part of the 21st century. Or the 20th, really.

(Apologies to DistortR. I know how they feel sometimes.)

That certainly applies to Jersey - I love going there on holiday but they are a little , what's the word ......isolationist!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 15:56 - Jun 24 with 2606 viewsMytch_QPR

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons... remember the earlier posts on this thread about how the result gets rejected until the right result is achieved:

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/second-eu-referendum-petition-cras

The website has indeed crashed, but I doubt it will come to anything.

Listening to the radio earlier there are some reports of schoolkids taunting foreign children that they'll have to go home now. All typical kids banter, I suppose, but sad to hear about.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024