Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch Covers. 11:03 - Jan 16 with 12938 viewsdingdangblue

Failed. A waste of money if they are not working. What's the point of covering the pitch with frost covers that dont do the job?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch Covers. on 11:05 - Jan 16 with 5410 viewsSuddenLad

Might as well have put old newspapers down to cover the grass and saved a lot of money. Not good enough.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pitch Covers. on 11:07 - Jan 16 with 5368 viewsJimmyRustler

I suppose it depends when they were put on, that's of equal importance.

There's no doubt that the copious amounts of sand dumped on the pitch won't have helped either.

Let's not beat around the bush, Hornet's meaningless friendly (which could have been played elsewhere) hasn't helped either.

A combination of all three (plus the weather) has lead to the game being called off but I can't help but think that the pitch getting cut up to f**k when it wasn't fit to play on was more than merely a contributory factor...more like the bloody catalyst!
Pitch Covers. on 11:07 - Jan 16 with 5366 viewsDaleFan7

Were they put down in time? The article on the website suggests this cold snap came out of the blue and wasn't expected so probably not. Despite it being forecast ages ago. If the ground gets frost in it then you cover it, there's 0 chance it will thaw.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 11:08]
Pitch Covers. on 11:08 - Jan 16 with 5342 viewsfitzochris

Just asked the club that very question.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Pitch Covers. on 11:09 - Jan 16 with 5325 views1907

That pitch wasn't in a suitable condition for Hornets to play last week. If they have turfed the pitch up and now it is bare and frozen I can understand why the game is off. I think the question is how much damage have Hornets caused as opposed to the pitch covers.
Pitch Covers. on 11:09 - Jan 16 with 5314 viewsPotterDale

We're an embarrassment of a club. When did we revert to being a tinpot establishment a la 1970s/80s?
Pitch Covers. on 11:10 - Jan 16 with 5293 views442Dale

It's right that the Trust follow this up with a full investigation as to the suitability of the covers their members helped purchase.

There could be very valid reasons why they were unable to protect the pitch from the temperatures over recent days, but members and supporters deserve to know exactly what these are. If it requires a full breakdown of what the temperature were at Spotland at various times, so be it, but we expect to see full details.

And yes, if this has to be sent to the Trust it will, though I'd prefer it to be acknowledged on here if possible as has worked well recently when upcoming meetings were confirmed. Cheers.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch Covers. on 11:11 - Jan 16 with 5265 views442Dale

Pitch Covers. on 11:08 - Jan 16 by fitzochris

Just asked the club that very question.

Could you let us know if you get a reply? Ta.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 11:12]

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch Covers. on 11:11 - Jan 16 with 5256 viewsfitzochris

Pitch Covers. on 11:10 - Jan 16 by 442Dale

It's right that the Trust follow this up with a full investigation as to the suitability of the covers their members helped purchase.

There could be very valid reasons why they were unable to protect the pitch from the temperatures over recent days, but members and supporters deserve to know exactly what these are. If it requires a full breakdown of what the temperature were at Spotland at various times, so be it, but we expect to see full details.

And yes, if this has to be sent to the Trust it will, though I'd prefer it to be acknowledged on here if possible as has worked well recently when upcoming meetings were confirmed. Cheers.

I have to admit, I'm not satisfied by the explanation given in the OS article.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Pitch Covers. on 11:12 - Jan 16 with 5245 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch Covers. on 11:10 - Jan 16 by 442Dale

Or has it been called off to stop Hornets playing tomorrow? If so we have problems.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Pitch Covers. on 11:12 - Jan 16 with 5245 viewsolympicdale

Perhaps it's our fault, if only we'd started a post here at the start of the week "suggesting" they put the covers on, this might have been avoided, its clearly partly our fault for not reminding them soon enough.

Life is a game of fate.

Pitch Covers. on 11:13 - Jan 16 with 5235 views1mark1

Pitch Covers. on 11:07 - Jan 16 by DaleFan7

Were they put down in time? The article on the website suggests this cold snap came out of the blue and wasn't expected so probably not. Despite it being forecast ages ago. If the ground gets frost in it then you cover it, there's 0 chance it will thaw.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 11:08]

That's the question I too would ask. The frost from Tuesday was predicted, they should have done as much work on the pitch as possible the put the covers on . Not as though we had a mid week game.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Pitch Covers. on 11:13 - Jan 16 with 5231 viewsJimmyRustler

If anyone asks why we need to own our stadium then we can direct them to this thread.
Pitch Covers. on 11:16 - Jan 16 with 5185 viewsrobbowood

Pitch Covers. on 11:09 - Jan 16 by 1907

That pitch wasn't in a suitable condition for Hornets to play last week. If they have turfed the pitch up and now it is bare and frozen I can understand why the game is off. I think the question is how much damage have Hornets caused as opposed to the pitch covers.

I think you are most likely correct and hopefully the club (or the groundman) will tell us EXACTLY how much damage (if any) was done to the pitch by playing last Sunday's rugby

Football referees won't take any chances these days on player's health and safety. If the boots can't take a proper stud there's no chance of playing a football game
Pitch Covers. on 11:18 - Jan 16 with 5163 viewsColDale

Up until a year ago, effective use of the pitch covers has seen us have games on when we might not have expected them to be on. But twice now, we have seen games called off at temperatures that the pitch covers should protect against.
Pitch Covers. on 11:19 - Jan 16 with 5142 viewsJimmyRustler

Pitch Covers. on 11:12 - Jan 16 by dingdangblue

Or has it been called off to stop Hornets playing tomorrow? If so we have problems.

I very much doubt it.

If Hornets end up playing there will be a riot.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 11:19]
Pitch Covers. on 11:22 - Jan 16 with 5088 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Pitch Covers. on 11:12 - Jan 16 by olympicdale

Perhaps it's our fault, if only we'd started a post here at the start of the week "suggesting" they put the covers on, this might have been avoided, its clearly partly our fault for not reminding them soon enough.

.......just like the Fixture Board on Sandy Lane?
Pitch Covers. on 11:22 - Jan 16 with 5082 views442Dale

Pitch Covers. on 11:18 - Jan 16 by ColDale

Up until a year ago, effective use of the pitch covers has seen us have games on when we might not have expected them to be on. But twice now, we have seen games called off at temperatures that the pitch covers should protect against.

Exactly this.

And that's why we need a full explanation about what has happened. It might be something as simple as Spotland experiencing temperatures that the covers don't work against.

Even now I'm still not sure what level of protection they offer temperature wise! Minus 3? If its not at least that, then the suitability mentioned on the article below has to be questioned.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/pitch-covers-statement-759301.aspx

Pitch Covers. on 11:23 - Jan 16 with 5069 viewsKenBoon

How cold did it get there last night? I live beside the seaside and it was as low as -4 , so I imagine Rochdale was even colder.
Pitch Covers. on 11:25 - Jan 16 with 5042 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch Covers. on 11:19 - Jan 16 by JimmyRustler

I very much doubt it.

If Hornets end up playing there will be a riot.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 11:19]

Thats what I mean - if we had played today - Hornets could have played tomorrow. Now they cant.

Pitch Covers. on 11:25 - Jan 16 with 5021 views1mark1

Pitch Covers. on 11:12 - Jan 16 by olympicdale

The forecasts were there to see. The frosts came from Tuesday onwards, no excuse to not have pitch covered, as they would if needed had got help from volunteers to put them on .

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Pitch Covers. on 11:26 - Jan 16 with 5010 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The annoying thing in all this is that this match will be played out on a shitty wet Tuesday night in February when many of us have difficulty travelling to San Spotty and a meagre crowd turn up and Hilly moans about the crowd being disconnected and we get beat 1-0.
Pitch Covers. on 11:26 - Jan 16 with 5010 views442Dale

The explanation from the club when the Orient game was postponed last year:
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/game-off-rochdale-v-leyton-orient-post

Pitch Covers. on 11:28 - Jan 16 with 4986 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch Covers. on 11:23 - Jan 16 by KenBoon

How cold did it get there last night? I live beside the seaside and it was as low as -4 , so I imagine Rochdale was even colder.

I checked my car last night around 1am and it said -3. This morning it still said -3. The frost covers should work or else they might as well bin them.

Pitch Covers. on 11:29 - Jan 16 with 4975 viewsPotterDale

Pitch Covers. on 11:23 - Jan 16 by KenBoon

minus 3 apparently, but I only saw it as low as minus 2. But either way that's not cold enough for the covers not to do the jobs they are supposed to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024