Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 23:08 - Jan 17 with 18272 viewsNotLoyal

In memory of a fellow Jack who passed away this week, Sean O’Regan who touched the hearts of many on here, and on other groups we are a part of this weeks thread is dedicated to Sean. He used to run and then helped out on the Red Lion bus to games from Swansea. RIP Sean and indeed Gwynedd ‘come on my lovely boys’ Rosser the voice of the North Bank.

From us all here at Swansea Independent, you will forever be Jacks Bastards.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59391/russell-martin-ful
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59393/new-swansea-city-f
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59395
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59396/team-news-qpr-v-sw
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59413/qpr-v-swansea-city

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:19 - Jan 22 with 2091 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:15 - Jan 22 by Fireboy2

You are embarrassing yourself now vetch.

He makes a fair point though.

Two conflicting views were being discussed. Only one side seemed to get aggressive, it wasn’t Vetch.

Read it back. He has a perfectly valid point which should be addressed regardless of the relationship between posters.

There should be no abuse on this forum at all, especially not with violent undertones which seems like becoming a pattern.

If it’s a site to discuss opinion then we should be able to do so, if it’s not welcome and instead a propaganda tool for Russell Martin then that should be made clear also.

It’s one or the other, can’t be both.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:23 - Jan 22 with 2142 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:19 - Jan 22 by Dr_Parnassus

He makes a fair point though.

Two conflicting views were being discussed. Only one side seemed to get aggressive, it wasn’t Vetch.

Read it back. He has a perfectly valid point which should be addressed regardless of the relationship between posters.

There should be no abuse on this forum at all, especially not with violent undertones which seems like becoming a pattern.

If it’s a site to discuss opinion then we should be able to do so, if it’s not welcome and instead a propaganda tool for Russell Martin then that should be made clear also.

It’s one or the other, can’t be both.

I will say it one more time, there was no abuse.
Just people who want to cause issues.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:27 - Jan 22 with 2043 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:23 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

I will say it one more time, there was no abuse.
Just people who want to cause issues.

I will take your word for it. But I can certainly see why Vetch may have taken it as one. Not sure what else it could mean to be honest, it was a silly comment regardless.

Just wish people could discuss opposing views without getting personal. Just discuss the pros and cons of the view, the personal stuff only ends up dragging things down, intentions behind written personal comments can often be misconstrued and escalate.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:28 - Jan 22 with 2113 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:27 - Jan 22 by Dr_Parnassus

I will take your word for it. But I can certainly see why Vetch may have taken it as one. Not sure what else it could mean to be honest, it was a silly comment regardless.

Just wish people could discuss opposing views without getting personal. Just discuss the pros and cons of the view, the personal stuff only ends up dragging things down, intentions behind written personal comments can often be misconstrued and escalate.

It wasn’t personal. And if some thought is applied to what was said then the response it won’t be seen as such, nor offensive.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:02 - Jan 22 with 2048 viewscockneyswan

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:57 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

Yes perfectly acceptable.
Stop complaining and disrupting the website.

It's a badly disguised threat of violence, moderators do your job!
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:06 - Jan 22 with 2034 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:02 - Jan 22 by cockneyswan

It's a badly disguised threat of violence, moderators do your job!

Explain ?

One poster used the term ‘ surrender’ to wind up someone who lives in Northern Ireland and he replied with an honest truth. There was no threat, and this is from someone who has been banned before.

As I said, nothing to see here.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:50 - Jan 22 with 1968 viewscockneyswan

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:06 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

Explain ?

One poster used the term ‘ surrender’ to wind up someone who lives in Northern Ireland and he replied with an honest truth. There was no threat, and this is from someone who has been banned before.

As I said, nothing to see here.

Keith, we are not in Northern Ireland, and I certainly wasn't the only posted to read those comments as a threat of violence.
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:03 - Jan 22 with 1953 viewsFireboy2

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:50 - Jan 22 by cockneyswan

Keith, we are not in Northern Ireland, and I certainly wasn't the only posted to read those comments as a threat of violence.

Vetch knows that NY lives in NI and he uses the word surrender, do you think that vetch is that stupid?
Login to get fewer ads

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:14 - Jan 22 with 1915 viewsBadlands

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:20 - Jan 21 by Dr_Parnassus

It doesn’t, as has been proven time and time again.

When Cooper was here he had a net spend of minus £40 million or something. We should have come bottom of the league in that respect.

For example. We go up this season:

Man City decide they are happy with their squad, stay as they are and spend nothing, but sell a couple of squad players for £50m combined.

We decide that in order to stay up we need to spend £30m and sell nobody.

Man City have a net spend of minus £50m and we have a net spend of plus £30m - should we finish above them?

Expectations are set on spend + squad value + budgets.

Ours combined is 6-8th.

Twisted comparison.
Cooper's squad was filled with PL experience, worth c£60 million and receiving parachute payments.
Had he made the most of that situstion we should have been promoted.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:17 - Jan 22 with 1836 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:14 - Jan 22 by Badlands

Twisted comparison.
Cooper's squad was filled with PL experience, worth c£60 million and receiving parachute payments.
Had he made the most of that situstion we should have been promoted.

How is it a twisted comparison?

So does net spend matter or not? I’ve just showed you why it doesn’t and you appear to agree with me.

Squad value and spend matters, not net spend.

If we sell Whittaker for £2m and pick up Ogbene for £1m, have we improved the squad or weakened it?

Again, net spend is something spoken about by supporters who don’t understand football finances.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:26 - Jan 22 with 1865 viewsswan_si

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:03 - Jan 22 by Fireboy2

Vetch knows that NY lives in NI and he uses the word surrender, do you think that vetch is that stupid?

We have a certain poster who likes to threaten to stave people's head in, I see that as a genuine threa., We've seen many a poster accusing another of doing a " U turn " or " vehicle reversing ", but using the term " surrender " was obviously meant to be provocative, I've read NL reply and I still can't see any personal threat, what I can see is a word of warning that using the term surrender where he lives wouldn't be taken to lightly, warning maybe the wrong word, advice might be a better one.
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:36 - Jan 22 with 1779 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:26 - Jan 22 by swan_si

We have a certain poster who likes to threaten to stave people's head in, I see that as a genuine threa., We've seen many a poster accusing another of doing a " U turn " or " vehicle reversing ", but using the term " surrender " was obviously meant to be provocative, I've read NL reply and I still can't see any personal threat, what I can see is a word of warning that using the term surrender where he lives wouldn't be taken to lightly, warning maybe the wrong word, advice might be a better one.

I very much doubt Vetch was making a provocative political point, the discussion was about Russell Martin.

But if NL did mean it in that context in thinking that he did - then fair enough, although the word surrender still exists in Northern Ireland when not used in a political context, especially in football.

A quick Google will tell you that. Belfast publications also incase they are accused of not knowing the context.

I think the lesson is that things in written form can be taken a way they may not be intended, a few people have read it and some see it one way and others see it another, demonstrating that point nicely.

Respect is all that is needed both ways. People don’t have to agree, as long as they can debate their position then there shouldn’t be an issue.

Whether people dislike the other persons view should be completely irrelevant.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:23 - Jan 22 with 1564 viewsvetchonian

I need to apologise I totally misread it all

Firstly I didnt realise NL was resident in NI

having read his post again today and without hangover realise it didnt contain the threat I first interpreted it as.....my bad sorry.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:45 - Jan 22 with 1529 viewsWhiterockin

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:23 - Jan 22 by vetchonian

having read his post again today and without hangover realise it didnt contain the threat I first interpreted it as.....my bad sorry.

Great Post, it takes a big man to admit that sometimes they are wrong. Well done.
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:03 - Jan 22 with 1489 viewsSTID2017

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:23 - Jan 22 by vetchonian

Well done.
It takes a man to admit they are wrong

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:08 - Jan 22 with 1468 viewsswan_si

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:03 - Jan 22 by STID2017

Well done.
It takes a man to admit they are wrong

Yeah, because women are never wrong.
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:13 - Jan 22 with 1448 viewsSTID2017

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:08 - Jan 22 by swan_si

Of course.
They just change their mind

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:13 - Jan 22 with 1447 viewsWhiterockin

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:08 - Jan 22 by swan_si

They are not the only ones on this board.
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:17 - Jan 22 with 1425 viewsSTID2017

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:13 - Jan 22 by Whiterockin

They are not the only ones on this board.

Glad I didn't say that or got a feeling I would have been lambasted

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:28 - Jan 22 with 1377 viewsWhiterockin

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:17 - Jan 22 by STID2017

Glad I didn't say that or got a feeling I would have been lambasted

I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:32 - Jan 22 with 1349 viewsSTID2017

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:28 - Jan 22 by Whiterockin

I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.

With a nod to Basil Fawlty

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:40 - Jan 22 with 1319 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 00:30 - Jan 22 by max936

Shut up, the sellouts mainly your mate Huw sold the club under the pretence that your new mates could sustain the club in hard times, you with me so far {i doubt it] but its obvious to anybody with a modicum of sense [excluding you of course] that they can't, and their arses are twitching now because they're very little assets left to sell.

So pinning their hopes on Whittaker to gain a few Dollars.

The old board were not big money men and did not want to put in a penny more that they put in in 2002. One of them can be excluded from this the "sellout" who is sponsoring the stadium in the absence of any one else standing up.

The US based owners have sustained the club in hard times. Covid 19 as very hard times which saw the collapse of Wigan and Derby.

The US owners found £10m in a convertible loan note. Hard cash. It was well used by buying the likes of Piroe, Obafemi and Downes. Obafemi has turned out bit of an idiot but a talented one and the club could still see a profit on that deal.

The Trust over these hard time took £500k from the clubs other owners and not a bean for the club.

There are frustrations of course. Whiitaker will go because Martin does not rate him and never has. Whittaker knows this. Whiitaker was happy to play in league 1 but not happy to play for Martin.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:30 - Jan 22 with 1240 viewsswan_si

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:32 - Jan 22 by STID2017

With a nod to Basil Fawlty

What ever you do, don't mention the war.
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:01 - Jan 22 with 1182 viewsswan_si

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:40 - Jan 22 by ReslovenSwan1

The old board were not big money men and did not want to put in a penny more that they put in in 2002. One of them can be excluded from this the "sellout" who is sponsoring the stadium in the absence of any one else standing up.

The US based owners have sustained the club in hard times. Covid 19 as very hard times which saw the collapse of Wigan and Derby.

The US owners found £10m in a convertible loan note. Hard cash. It was well used by buying the likes of Piroe, Obafemi and Downes. Obafemi has turned out bit of an idiot but a talented one and the club could still see a profit on that deal.

The Trust over these hard time took £500k from the clubs other owners and not a bean for the club.

There are frustrations of course. Whiitaker will go because Martin does not rate him and never has. Whittaker knows this. Whiitaker was happy to play in league 1 but not happy to play for Martin.

"There are frustrations of course. Whiitaker will go because Martin does not rate him and never has. Whittaker knows this. Whiitaker was happy to play in league 1 but not happy to play for Martin."

Is this fact, or, just an opinion?
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:03 - Jan 22 with 1171 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024