Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 23:08 - Jan 17 with 17963 viewsNotLoyal

In memory of a fellow Jack who passed away this week, Sean O’Regan who touched the hearts of many on here, and on other groups we are a part of this weeks thread is dedicated to Sean. He used to run and then helped out on the Red Lion bus to games from Swansea. RIP Sean and indeed Gwynedd ‘come on my lovely boys’ Rosser the voice of the North Bank.

From us all here at Swansea Independent, you will forever be Jacks Bastards.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59391/russell-martin-ful
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59393/new-swansea-city-f
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59395
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59396/team-news-qpr-v-sw
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59413/qpr-v-swansea-city

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:29 - Jan 21 with 1489 viewsvetchonian

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:23 - Jan 21 by NotLoyal

Being positive is crucial to some people.

I'm positive we are going nowhere under Martin ...hows that for positivity 😄

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:29 - Jan 21 with 1489 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:16 - Jan 21 by vetchonian

you've discounted Cadleighs post then

These chants about Sala are really sick, they've crept in at home recently and should be stamped out immediately. Makes me ashamed if I'm honest, we're better than that.
The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:34 - Jan 21 with 1463 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:28 - Jan 21 by max936

And ?

We're a mid table club, we got no right to go to places like QPR and expect to win, we can aspire to, but no expect to, perspective, perspective, perspective.

Potter, Cooper were expected to produce miracles on horse feed and its similar scenario now, on reflection Cooper did produce a miracle twice,

Comes down to the promises that were made when the sell outs sold and falsely promised sustainabilty.

The so called 'sellout' provided far more than the promised. The club is at the level it set as a target.

A sustainable club with top quality facilities low debt and a thriving academy. The club plays at the "sellouts" Stadium and has "sell out" sponsorship on the shorts.

The "true fans" owners have disappeared for about a year having failed to deliver on anything, They have made themselves irrelevant after being too timid to cash in any of their shares.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:35 - Jan 21 with 1447 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:23 - Jan 21 by NotLoyal

Being positive is crucial to some people.

Being realistic is crucial to others though.

Those who are realistic about the situation shouldn’t be lambasted for not joining the positive at all costs brigade.

Writing off a whole season just to continue to be mid table will not be good enough in many peoples eyes, and it’s absolutely valid.

Being critical when it’s clearly required is the key to success in every single aspect of life.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:36 - Jan 21 with 1455 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:29 - Jan 21 by vetchonian

I'm positive we are going nowhere under Martin ...hows that for positivity 😄

I think your expectations are far too high. And your persistent reference to the manager is pretty all consuming. I understand your frustration but can’t understand your constant targeting of the manager in the vast majority of your posts without one element of those posts referring to anything other than negativity.

Like this latest one.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:36 - Jan 21 with 1453 viewsBadlands

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:52 - Jan 21 by Fireboy2

Genuine question, why isn't he a good investment?

Do the players he has brought in, agreed to or identified fill you with confidence?
We have three who can’t manage. Loans like Oko-Flex and Williams were hardly used. Players coming in have to be ready to play not sit on the benches.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:37 - Jan 21 with 1450 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:35 - Jan 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Being realistic is crucial to others though.

Those who are realistic about the situation shouldn’t be lambasted for not joining the positive at all costs brigade.

Writing off a whole season just to continue to be mid table will not be good enough in many peoples eyes, and it’s absolutely valid.

Being critical when it’s clearly required is the key to success in every single aspect of life.

Nobody is lambasted for having the ability to have reasonable dialogue.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:37 - Jan 21 with 1444 viewsvetchonian

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:04 - Jan 21 by builthjack

Unfortunately, I couldn't get to the game today. I haven't watched it yet.
Respect to all the travelling army who are always 100% behind the team.
I have just read through this thread, you would think with the comments that we were awful and lost 5-0. Dearly dear me, we have so many negative posters on here.
May I suggest you get off your asses and get to the next away game, enjoy the occasion with the rest of our supporters, and get some positives into your heads. It would help you.it really would.
Jeez.
A decent result away from home.

sounds like Cadleigh had a great experience

Login to get fewer ads

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:40 - Jan 21 with 1427 viewsNotLoyal

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:36 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

I think your expectations are far too high. And your persistent reference to the manager is pretty all consuming. I understand your frustration but can’t understand your constant targeting of the manager in the vast majority of your posts without one element of those posts referring to anything other than negativity.

Like this latest one.

I think they may be frightened they may miss the next resurgence.

OK I've changed it.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:41 - Jan 21 with 1420 viewsbuilthjack

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:37 - Jan 21 by vetchonian

sounds like Cadleigh had a great experience

In amongst 2500 there will always be a few idiots, absolute assholes. They need sorting.
But the vast mojority will be decent.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:43 - Jan 21 with 1390 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:37 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

Nobody is lambasted for having the ability to have reasonable dialogue.

For some people that is true, for others - not so much.

I pride myself on the ability to have reasonable discussion for example and have been called all the names under the sun for my views. Due to this, many people feel constantly attacked with their loyalties being called into question.

The natural offshoot of that is conflict so it becomes a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:44 - Jan 21 with 1389 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:21 - Jan 21 by cadleigh

I wish I could say they did Sean proud, but from the idiot who set off flares to the under-age drinkers in the top row doing comic (not) racist impersonations of the staff member who asked for their ID to the bell-end who verbally abused and physically shoved me and my son on the way out when we asked him to stop singing about Emilia Sala’s death, it was not the best experience I’ve had as an away supporter.

As to the question of whether the Jack Army is on board with Martin’s programme, all I can say is that I spoke to the bloke to my left and the one in front, and both were frustrated as hell at our lack of pacey wide men. Not a scientific sample but if their views had been the other way round I’d have reported that just the same. The teenage drinkers behind me gave ‘Russ’ a hearty YJB when he came to the School End after the final whistle, but Mrs Robinson did not make an appearance as far I heard.

As to the football, decent start and excellent last 25 minutes. Thank God for Ntcham.

But did it spoil your day ?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:50 - Jan 21 with 1346 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just to add also, it’s got to a point where after every game there is some form of witch hunt or finger pointing.

People are slagged off for speaking how they feel, if they are silent then they are slagged off for that too. If we win then “they must be gutted”, if we lose then “they are loving it”.

The only way to avoid underhand and disparaging digs is to join the positivity clan. I won’t be doing that and I’m sure others with their own minds won’t be either - until there is enough to actually be positive about that is.

For me, it’s not good enough and have explained in great detail why I believe this. I won’t be swayed until consistent results earn it, regardless of what comments I have to put up with in the meantime.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:51 - Jan 21 with 1352 viewsvetchonian

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:36 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

Like this latest one.

The manager picks the team, dictates the tactics the buck stops with him as it does in any walk of life but even more so in football

Over the years many of our managers have been criticised on this forum admittedly before your stewardship/ownership ...Jackett,Laudrup Monk Clement Bradley Cooper have all had their critics the latter particularly despite delivering results

My expectations are to enjoy watching some decent football in my opinion the football being delivered is bland boring and dull .....and I know many other supporters feel that way....and is not delivering results

One persons positivity is another's negativity....

There are others who keep referring to the likes of Obafemi and Patterson and now Whittaker.....Whittaker is now being painted as petulant and actually in this case I will defend Martin.....the lad has been recalled to sell by our great owners....he hasn't thrown any toys out of the pram ,,,,yet so called supporters on here tonight are giving him grief..

I apologise that I don't have a Martin love in but thats my opinion

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:54 - Jan 21 with 1333 viewsswancity

Most of our fans are quite rightly satisfied with our current performances and league position, taking everything into consideration

The last time we got out of this division in 2011 we had momentum, owners who were ( at that time ) ambitious not least with self motivating interests, but none the less wanted to reach the Premier League. Our Club is not what is once was. The owners aren’t ambitious and certainly aren’t injecting the money needed to throw the dice.

I can say with certainty that the manager is going a good job. I’d defy Klopp or Guardiola to get improved results with the squad we have. And with the lack of money to spend. It is what it is. We are punching our weight at the moment. Let’s see how it pans out….

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:59 - Jan 21 with 1291 viewsonehunglow

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:50 - Jan 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Just to add also, it’s got to a point where after every game there is some form of witch hunt or finger pointing.

People are slagged off for speaking how they feel, if they are silent then they are slagged off for that too. If we win then “they must be gutted”, if we lose then “they are loving it”.

The only way to avoid underhand and disparaging digs is to join the positivity clan. I won’t be doing that and I’m sure others with their own minds won’t be either - until there is enough to actually be positive about that is.

For me, it’s not good enough and have explained in great detail why I believe this. I won’t be swayed until consistent results earn it, regardless of what comments I have to put up with in the meantime.

Every one after a game has feelings If they don’t then they are those whom the club doesn’t need

No opinion needs to be explained or provenanced

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:59 - Jan 21 with 1295 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:54 - Jan 21 by swancity

Most of our fans are quite rightly satisfied with our current performances and league position, taking everything into consideration

The last time we got out of this division in 2011 we had momentum, owners who were ( at that time ) ambitious not least with self motivating interests, but none the less wanted to reach the Premier League. Our Club is not what is once was. The owners aren’t ambitious and certainly aren’t injecting the money needed to throw the dice.

I can say with certainty that the manager is going a good job. I’d defy Klopp or Guardiola to get improved results with the squad we have. And with the lack of money to spend. It is what it is. We are punching our weight at the moment. Let’s see how it pans out….

You are peaking too early for poster of the year 😂

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:59 - Jan 21 with 1283 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:54 - Jan 21 by swancity

We have spent more in the last 18 months than in the entire decade prior to the promotion you speak of.

Ambition isn’t the problem.

This team should be top 6. Top 8 at bare minimum.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:01 - Jan 21 with 1284 viewsvetchonian

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:59 - Jan 21 by Dr_Parnassus

We have spent more in the last 18 months than in the entire decade prior to the promotion you speak of.

Your expectations are far too high

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:01 - Jan 21 with 1283 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:59 - Jan 21 by Dr_Parnassus

So one win away from your expectation ?

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:04 - Jan 21 with 1262 viewsKeithHaynes

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:01 - Jan 21 by vetchonian

Your expectations are far too high

By one win.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:07 - Jan 21 with 1250 viewsNotLoyal

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:01 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

So one win away from your expectation ?

Thread ended. Goodnight time to take the dog for a walk and have a smile.

OK I've changed it.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:08 - Jan 21 with 1238 viewsvetchonian

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:04 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

By one win.

so are mine too high?

And that one win is dependant on others losing too!

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:11 - Jan 21 with 1222 viewsbuilthjack

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:07 - Jan 21 by NotLoyal

Thread ended. Goodnight time to take the dog for a walk and have a smile.

A couple of hours down the ale house for me. Max will be jealous, real,Ale here we come.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Sean O’Regan : QPR v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:11 - Jan 21 with 1218 viewsswancity

Net spend is what matters. We are three or four points off a play off place. We are that close. Your comments are way wide of the mark and wide of reality too. In 2011 we already had lots of quality in the squad. Rodgers added to it at vital moments. We are not the same club. It’s not easy. But they’re doing quite well all things considered.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024