Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married 17:14 - Jan 18 with 5770 viewsexiledclaseboy

Says UKIP councillor.

Gotta laugh.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jan/18/uk-storms-divine-retirubtion-gay-

Poll: Tory leader

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:09 - Jan 18 with 970 viewsdgt73

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:00 - Jan 18 by Dr_Winston

There are many examples of people not realising that they had gay leanings until later in life. There are also many cases of people being so firmly in the closet that they lied to themselves and those around them for decades.

There are no examples of someone "turning gay".

Nonsense. And that's my last word on the subject.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:09 - Jan 18 with 970 viewspansypants

What is bisexuality then? Wasn't the one that built the arc into beastiality?

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:11 - Jan 18 with 966 viewsJackfath

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:09 - Jan 18 by pansypants

What is bisexuality then? Wasn't the one that built the arc into beastiality?

Exactly. You've also got Transexuals and people that are Bi curious who'd like a bit of cock and bum fun to see what its all about.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:12 - Jan 18 with 964 viewsDr_Winston

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:09 - Jan 18 by dgt73

Nonsense. And that's my last word on the subject.

That's probably for the best.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:15 - Jan 18 with 956 viewsLohengrin

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 19:48 - Jan 18 by swanjackal

Oh right, can you point out where it says about homosexuality in the new testament, and how it has an effect on climatic change?

So christianity is to ignore the old testament in its entirity?

The Bible is replete with references to storms as God's Judgement, didn't you go to Sunday School?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:19 - Jan 18 with 941 viewsShaky

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 19:48 - Jan 18 by swanjackal

Oh right, can you point out where it says about homosexuality in the new testament, and how it has an effect on climatic change?

So christianity is to ignore the old testament in its entirity?

Jesus said, ". . .Nobody drinks aged wine and immediately wants to drink young wine. Young wine is not poured into old wineskins, or they might break, and aged wine is not poured into a new wineskin, or it might spoil. An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, since it would create a tear."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/gthomas.html

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:21 - Jan 18 with 940 viewsJackfath

Those of you who are confused, there's always someone to talk to

http://www.swanseaymca.org.uk/holdpage/projectportfolio/lgbt-youth-group/

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:22 - Jan 18 with 935 viewsswanjackal

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:15 - Jan 18 by Lohengrin

The Bible is replete with references to storms as God's Judgement, didn't you go to Sunday School?

No, I never went, I actually had a life. And where in the new testament does there mention storms in relation to that of anger to sodomy/scissoring?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 20:23]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Login to get fewer ads

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:26 - Jan 18 with 926 viewsswanjackal

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:19 - Jan 18 by Shaky

Jesus said, ". . .Nobody drinks aged wine and immediately wants to drink young wine. Young wine is not poured into old wineskins, or they might break, and aged wine is not poured into a new wineskin, or it might spoil. An old patch is not sewn onto a new garment, since it would create a tear."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/gthomas.html

As interesting as that quote is, I do not see any climatic data on reference to homosexuality.

In fact, the whole quote kind of endorses slavery, and that people can't multi-task.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 20:28]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:29 - Jan 18 with 920 viewsDarran

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:26 - Jan 18 by swanjackal

As interesting as that quote is, I do not see any climatic data on reference to homosexuality.

In fact, the whole quote kind of endorses slavery, and that people can't multi-task.

"It would create a tear"

Obviously means a ripped anus.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:32 - Jan 18 with 910 viewsswanjackal

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:29 - Jan 18 by Darran

"It would create a tear"

Obviously means a ripped anus.

But how does that effect the lesbian portion of the gay community?

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:33 - Jan 18 with 909 viewsShaky

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:26 - Jan 18 by swanjackal

Even though many of the sayings of Jesus are at best enigmatic, I believe that was his answer to your question "So christianity is to ignore the old testament"

He wasn't for example offering advice to budding vineyard owners or vintners, in my view.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 20:34]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:33 - Jan 18 with 908 viewsTheFranchise

It's amazing to me the number of people who live their lives by a set of guidelines in stories written 2000 years ago before we gained the ability to make bread rise.
Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:35 - Jan 18 with 903 viewsLohengrin

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:22 - Jan 18 by swanjackal

No, I never went, I actually had a life. And where in the new testament does there mention storms in relation to that of anger to sodomy/scissoring?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 20:23]

What sort of a life did you "actually have" as a small child then? An exciting, independent globe-trotting one that meant all your Sunday afternoons were tied-up?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:35 - Jan 18 with 901 viewsDarran

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:32 - Jan 18 by swanjackal

I don't know perhaps a rather large dildo and a ripped labia.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:42 - Jan 18 with 886 viewsJackfath

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:32 - Jan 18 by swanjackal

Fisting.

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:49 - Jan 18 with 871 viewsswanjackal

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:33 - Jan 18 by Shaky

Even though many of the sayings of Jesus are at best enigmatic, I believe that was his answer to your question "So christianity is to ignore the old testament"

He wasn't for example offering advice to budding vineyard owners or vintners, in my view.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 20:34]

I know the answer to what you're saying...could have just used the jot or tittle" quote more commonly seen. Just trying to gauge what is true as it seems Lo believes christians should discount the old testament statements, which would be a contradiction to the word of the "messiah".

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:50 - Jan 18 with 868 viewsBloodyhills

IS anyone who thinks gay marriage causes bad weather rational enough to do the job of Councillor which is a job dealing with pratcticalities of modern life. Maybe he should become a priest rather than a Councillor where this sort of mumbo jump is to be expected. Next he'll be saying that gay marriage has caused our run of poor form.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:51 - Jan 18 with 863 viewsswanjackal

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:35 - Jan 18 by Lohengrin

What sort of a life did you "actually have" as a small child then? An exciting, independent globe-trotting one that meant all your Sunday afternoons were tied-up?

Was an outdoorsy child, played rugby and football on a sunday morning. Preferred to gain experience from the natural world.

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:53 - Jan 18 with 860 viewsswanjackal

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:35 - Jan 18 by Darran

I don't know perhaps a rather large dildo and a ripped labia.

For your reply and Jackfath's, I was replying to the anal tear. Fisting may work if that was what they were in to.

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:58 - Jan 18 with 849 viewsShaky

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:49 - Jan 18 by swanjackal

I know the answer to what you're saying...could have just used the jot or tittle" quote more commonly seen. Just trying to gauge what is true as it seems Lo believes christians should discount the old testament statements, which would be a contradiction to the word of the "messiah".

First of all Jesus consistently refuses to acknowledge he is the messiah in the gospels.

Secondly, I find the fact you are quibbling with - for arguments sake - the word of God on the basis of trivial semantics characteristic of a certain lack of perspective.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 21:11 - Jan 18 with 827 viewsswanjackal

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 20:58 - Jan 18 by Shaky

First of all Jesus consistently refuses to acknowledge he is the messiah in the gospels.

Secondly, I find the fact you are quibbling with - for arguments sake - the word of God on the basis of trivial semantics characteristic of a certain lack of perspective.

First the person has to prove that the "gospels" and testaments are the word of god before any perspective can be even set? The quote used is as ambiguous as it is disturbing (including the first part which you failed to quote, the part about owning of slaves).

Up until someone can prove that these books are the word of god, and not just primitive stories cobbled together to form some kind of early guide book/control mechanism (which fails to stand up to modern scrutiny), then I am very happy with my perspective.

As to the messiah statement, is he not seen as the messiah by the majority of the christian following?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 21:12]

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 21:23 - Jan 18 with 816 viewsC_jack

Well, that's what the bible says. This is a majority christian faith country.

Is the guardian slating him for being a Christian that reads the bible?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 21:33 - Jan 18 with 801 viewsShaky

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 21:11 - Jan 18 by swanjackal

First the person has to prove that the "gospels" and testaments are the word of god before any perspective can be even set? The quote used is as ambiguous as it is disturbing (including the first part which you failed to quote, the part about owning of slaves).

Up until someone can prove that these books are the word of god, and not just primitive stories cobbled together to form some kind of early guide book/control mechanism (which fails to stand up to modern scrutiny), then I am very happy with my perspective.

As to the messiah statement, is he not seen as the messiah by the majority of the christian following?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 21:12]

The gospels are generally second, third, forth (etc) hand accounts on the sayings of Jesus and the retelling of his life.

I can't condense the academic research and background adequately, but I believe there are strong grounds to suppose that the Gospel of Thomas document I linked to found at Nag Hammadi is one of the very earliest such documents, and quite possibly the key source document for the synoptic gospels, the existence of which has been speculated on by scholars for +150 years.

As as aside there are strong grounds to suppose it had been expunged from the record for various rather interesting reasons I won't go into now.

Now onto substance: God is God and Jesus is Jesus. I believe Jesus speaks for God.

As for what the majority of Christians believe you are probably right, although I reckon there is only the most flimsy theological or even doctrinal belief generally present.

That is not surprising, however, since it is really rather abstract stuff. And speaking as a classical heretic I have often found churchmen I have discussed these issues with uncertain and vague. But the best ones are always open. . .

Misology -- It's a bitch

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 21:47 - Jan 18 with 791 viewsswanjackal

Bad weather is God's punishment for allowing gays to get married on 21:33 - Jan 18 by Shaky

The gospels are generally second, third, forth (etc) hand accounts on the sayings of Jesus and the retelling of his life.

I can't condense the academic research and background adequately, but I believe there are strong grounds to suppose that the Gospel of Thomas document I linked to found at Nag Hammadi is one of the very earliest such documents, and quite possibly the key source document for the synoptic gospels, the existence of which has been speculated on by scholars for +150 years.

As as aside there are strong grounds to suppose it had been expunged from the record for various rather interesting reasons I won't go into now.

Now onto substance: God is God and Jesus is Jesus. I believe Jesus speaks for God.

As for what the majority of Christians believe you are probably right, although I reckon there is only the most flimsy theological or even doctrinal belief generally present.

That is not surprising, however, since it is really rather abstract stuff. And speaking as a classical heretic I have often found churchmen I have discussed these issues with uncertain and vague. But the best ones are always open. . .

"Now onto substance: God is God and Jesus is Jesus. I believe Jesus speaks for God."

Why do you believe this connection to be true? Genuinely interested here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024